Tomorrow

Don't look back (Only at me)

Byun Baekhyun, 25, happy and single.

He was happy.

He was single.

He was happy to be single.

Which was odd, considering he made a living off of love. Byun Baekhyun, 25, a happy, single wedding planner.

Yes. That was who he was.

Baekhyun was meticulous in almost everything. Others his age would be off traveling the world, still figuring out what they wanted with their life. Baekhyun's got it all figured out.  He was a working man. When he works, he's happy. When he's busy, he's happy.

It had always been like that.

So as Baekhyun stood, adorned in a white suit, he was very happy. The wedding was running smoothly so far.

The aunts were well behaved. The uncles weren't too drunk and the kids were having a blast. The others were socializing, setting the mood high. They were just waiting for the groom to come out and stand at the alter.

Baekhyun was relieved that the wedding day had finally come. He didn't like talking bad about others but the bride was very... how could he put it...she was diva-like.

Many times she said she liked something, only to turn around the next day and say she hated it. It was a miracle that the wedding preparations were done in time.

"Baekhyun-ssi!"

Baekhyun turned around, brushing his black hair behind his ear as a waiter ran towards him, "Baekhyun-ssi!"

"Yes? Is there a problem?"

The waiter gulped, "It's better if you come with me."

Baekhyun nodded and slipped the clipboard under his arm as he followed the frantic worker. For some odd reason, the man was leading him towards the Groom's tent.

The wedding was taking place outside in the valley between mountains. The field was fairly flat and covered in many varieties of wildflowers. But it was almost in the middle of nowhere. The drive from the closest town was nearly an hour.

So Baekhyun came up with the idea of having large tents as an area for the bride and groom to get ready in.

The waiter pulled the tent material aside and motioned towards the man in black inside, "He wants to talk to you, Baekhyun-ssi."

Baekhyun nodded and said a quiet thank you before walking inside the tent, letting the material close behind him, "Um...Excuse me?"

The tall man didn't move.

"Um Chanyeol-ssi?" Baekhyun tried again louder.

The red haired male turned around quickly, as if an electric jolt ran through his body. He flew up, running towards Baekhyun.

"Oh thank god!"

Baekhyun frowned, "What's wrong sir? Is the suit the wrong size?" He looked at the jacket that lay haphazardly on the plastic table, "Or do your shoes not fit?"

The groom, Chanyeol, shook his head, "No, no. I need a favor from you though."

"What is it Chanyeol-ssi?"

"You must promise not to judge or say no."

Baekhyun faltered. He bit his bottom lip nervously as he sighed, "Alright."

Chanyeol shook his head, his messy red hair falling in front of his eyes, "No! Promise me."

Baekhyun bit his lip so hard, he was surprised it didn't bleed, "I...I promise."

"Run away with me."

Baekhyun was in shock. He watched as the red haired male dashed around the tent, stuffing clothes and other belongings in a beat up blue suitcase.

"N-Now Sir, that's h-hardly appropriate." Baekhyun stuttered, nervously pushing up his glasses higher onto his nose.

Chanyeol swore as he zipped the suitcase up, "I'm not asking you to be in love with me. I'm just asking you to come with me. Just until I reach my friend's house in California. Then I can take a plane to China."

Baekhyun wasn't so sure. Right now, the wedding was taking place in the middle of New York. California was on the other side of the country. Not to mention, Chanyeol was a stranger and it was certainly not appropriate.

This didn't make Baekhyun happy.

"I have to refuse Chanyeol-ssi. I-I'm sorry but I simply can not run away with the groom of a wedding I planned!"

Baekhyun could tell Chanyeol was desperate. "Come on, it's just like another task in helping the wedding!"

"I don't think running away with the groom is something that helps the wedding."

Chanyeol slammed the suitcase onto the ground and turned to Baekhyun. His tie was undone and hung loosely around his neck. His eye makeup was severely smudged and his hair looked as if he had been through a train wreck.

"Please Baekhyun-ssi. You have to help me."

Baekhyun crossed his arms. This was severely delaying the wedding. The guests for sure must be wondering why it was taking the groom so long to get ready, "Give me one good reason."

This was getting ridiculous. The wedding wouldn't run on time. That didn't make Baekhyun happy.

Chanyeol sighed, "I am only 27. I haven't seen the world. I haven't lived. Hell, I don't even know if I like women."

He froze, "No. I definitely do not like women. Baekhyun-ssi please, you have to understand! My father, ever since I was little, I did whatever he wanted. I studied what he wanted me to study. I acted the way he wanted me to act. I even went as far as agreeing to marrying who he wanted me to marry but I just can't! I don't care how nice she is, by the way Somi is absolutely horrid."

Chanyeol's eyes were glistening as he stared into Baekhyun's own chocolate brown ones, "I never experienced the beach at night. I've never felt the cold sand between my toes. I've never felt the freedom of driving in a car with the top down, singing along to songs on the radio. I...I never experienced love."

Baekhyun sighed heavily. Every bone, every muscle and fiber in his body was screaming at him to refuse Chanyeol. But deep inside, something in his heart was pulled. Baekhyun had never experienced those things either.

"Five minutes. I'm going to grab my phone and car keys."

Chanyeol gasped, "Really?! Thank you Baekhyun-ssi! Thank you so much!"

Baekhyun shook his head and exited the tent.

What was he doing?!

Was he really doing to help the Groom run away from his own wedding?! As guests turned to him, asking what was wrong, Baekhyun found himself reassuring them that Chanyeol was just a bit nervous. The guests laughed, knowing very well how a wedding was a very big day.

Baekhyun grabbed his phone and wallet. He grabbed his jacket and walked around the venue, making sure to walk behind the tall columns. He slipped into the Groom's tent, his brain still yelling at him (SUCH A BAD IDEA. BAEK DON'T YOU ING DO IT.)

"Alright let's go."

Baekhyun was not happy at all.
 

 

  Even when I'm busy, they endlessly ask
I'm going forward but I keep looking back
What will I become at the end?
Will I regret it if I look back later on?  

JJP  Tomorrow, Today
 


 

The two quickly drove. It was hours before they came across a town that was big enough to have a clothing store as well as a car dealership. Chanyeol was the one who suggested to sell the car.

Baekhyun was appalled. How dare this red haired giant even consider selling his baby. His classic baby blue Volvo. The creak of the car whenever Baekhyun sat it in, the loud slamming of the doors, it was all very home to Baekhyun. Selling the car did not make Baekhyun very happy.

But he gave him, after Chanyeol's arguments. ("The police would be looking for us so they obviously would look for your license plate! We have to switch cars.")

Baekhyun painfully handed the keys over to Chanyeol as the male walked towards an ATM. The red haired male withdrew all his money (which was a hell of a lot of money) and off to the dealership he went.

In just half hour, and a bit of extra off counter bribery, Chanyeol pulled out the parking lot with a new red Porsche convertible. Baekhyun made his complaints very vocal ("Its bright red how the is this more inconspicuous.")

But Chanyeol ignored him and off to the clothing store they went. Another sixty bucks later, Chanyeol came out dressed in jeans and a loose sweatshirt, his red hair pushed back and under a hat.

Baekhyun traded his white formal suit for a button up (which he indeed buttoned up all the way) and black slacks.

Chanyeol had a few things to say (as he always did) about the latter's outfit.

"Uh Baekhyun-ssi, no offense but maybe you would wear something more comfortable."

"This is comfortable." The shorter male snapped back. Chanyeol held both hands in the air, "Whoa sorry dude. Just chill."

The consequences of Baekhyun's actions were slowly setting in at this point.

"Chill?! You want me to chill?! After I ran away with you from yOUR OWN DAMN WEDDING?!"

"Baek-"

"A wedding that was supposed to make sure ran smoothly. So crap like this wouldn't happen!"

"Ba-"

"Oh my god my reputation is done for. I've committed career suicide! No one will want me to plan their weddings ever again!"

"BaEKHYUN-SSI!"

Baekhyun shut up. Chanyeol was glaring at him, eyes wide, "You need to calm down...people are staring."

Baekhyun looked around and sure enough, customers in the store were looking at him funny. Thank god it was just Americans. They couldn't understand the Korean gibberish that Baekhyun just spouted in panic.

"Maybe we should start?" Chanyeol said carefully, not to trigger another meltdown from Baekhyun, "Stop at the gas station, get some food and we'll be off...okay?"

Baekhyun took a deep breath, "Let's go."

 

 


 

Park Chanyeol, 27, in shackles.

That's what Chanyeol was, a slave. Maybe a prisoner.

He had never made a decision in his life. He always followed what his father told him to do. It worked....Chanyeol supposes. He graduated from the best business school in America, started the route to take over his father's business and was supposed to get married.

But after receiving news of his best friend, Oh Sehun, marrying his college sweetheart, Luhan did it really click.

What was Chanyeol doing with his life?

Sehun fully experienced college, found Luhan, moved to China to do what he loved with the person he loved.

What did Chanyeol do? Chanyeol had no idea.

He had been living as a robot for 27 years. It was time he stopped.

Somi was a . Chanyeol didn't know why his father wanted him to marry her. It was probably about business. It was always about business with Chanyeol's father.

So as he stood in the tent, staring out into the wedding venue, Chanyeol felt like a bucket of cold water had been splashed on him.

What was he doing?!
Was he really going to sacrifice a life of happiness just to obey his father?

Chanyeol felt suffocated so when he saw the small, cute wedding planner, he knew what he had to do.

It was hard, convincing the black haired male to run with him. Chanyeol thought that one wrong look could break the innocence that resided in Baekyun's eyes. But surprisingly, Baekhyun had a lot more fire to him than Chanyeol excepted.

They drive south all day. It was raining so the top of the convertible was up. The rain splattered loudly on the car, drowning out any thought of conversation. Baekhyun tried to sleep.

He couldn't.

Once night fell, Chanyeol stopped at a cheap motel. The two checked in and slept in their respective beds.

It wasn't until the following day that Chanyeol decided to make conversation. He pulled out his phone and opened google maps.

"So, I think if we head straight down, stop at a beach in Louisiana and then just head west, that would work."

Baekhyun just nodded.

Now Chanyeol felt bad. He had pulled Baekhyun along on the unnecessary trip. The black haired male looked so down as he basically curled up into a tight ball on the small, musky motel couch.

Once they had breakfast and started on the road, Chanyeol decided to speak up.

"I'm Park Chanyeol. I'm 27, I mastered in Business and management. I am 99.9% sure I'm gay and I really like puppies and bubble tissues."

Baekhyun turned away from the window and stared at the driving male.

"I miss Korea a bit. I grew up there, went to high school before coming to America. My best friend Sehun now lives in China, and I'm planning to go to his house."

Chanyeol flicked on the turning indicator and switched lanes before looking at Baekhyun, "Your turn."

Baekhyun sent down his phone in the cup holder and sighed, "My name is Byun Baekhyun. I'm 25 and I have a bachelors degree in Entrepreneurship. I started the business of Wedding planning with my friend and we were partners before he..." Baekhyun stopped himself.

Chanyeol blinked, "Before what?"

"He stole most of the profits of our company and ran off. It took me almost two years to become stable again."

Chanyeol frowned, "I'm sorry."

Baekhyun smiled softly, "It's alright I guess. Things happen for a reason."

Chanyeol frowned once more, "I guess."



 

The important thing is the heart
I'm not liking you just for your face
Even your sharp words that hate on me
I came to love them, this is my heart
AMKU - Give Love 



 

It was another two day drive down to Louisiana. The weather cleared up, allowing the two to lower the top of the convertible. As they sped down the empty highways at almost three in the morning, Chanyeol let out a loud yell.

As the wind whipped his red hair around, as the cold air nipped at his bare face, Chanyeol finally felt free. As he turned up the radio, allowing the music to drown out his yells, Chanyeol felt like he was flying.

Baekhyun was laughing at the taller's silliness. The wind was billowing out around him as well, making his black hair whip crazily in the air. He dared to left his arms up, inch by inch until they were fully straightened.

Chanyeol laughed loudly, "That's it Baek!! Now scream."

Baekhyun was unsure, "Scream?"

Chanyeol nodded, "Scream, shout, yell...whatever. Let your frustrations out."

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip, considering the possibilities. He would look like an idiot. He would get sick from the cold air. He might loose his voice.

He might attract a police ca-

"HEY! STOP THINKING!"

Chanyeol had one hand of the wheel. His free arm was waving in the air, allowing the wind to glide through his fingers.

Baekhyun decided to listen to Chanyeol and stopped thinking. The black haired male let out a scream.

"That's it!" Chanyeol encouraged Baekhyun as the shorter let out cheers and whoops.

Three in the morning, pitch black, the sky speckled with stars that looked like jewels. Racing down the high way in a convertible, feeling the wind on his face. In an unknown place with an unknown stranger, Baekhyun never felt more alive.

This made Baekhyun happy. 


 

 

Chanyeol wasn't as bad as Baekhyun thought. He was funny, had an odd perspective of life and he certainly had his quirks.

Like yelling out "SEAGULL" every time he saw a seagull swooping over him.

Baekhyun slammed the door shut and walked into the gift shop with Chanyeol. Minutes later, the two stepped out with new bathing shorts. They changed in the bathroom and in seconds they took off to the welcoming blue waves.

The curling of the dark blue sea, the white of the foam, the warm sand under Baekhyun's toes. He loved it all.

"WATCH THIS!"

Baekhyun laughed as Chanyeol flipped into the incoming waves, his tall body being dragged back into shore by the waves. Baekhyun decided he had nothing to loose. So he joined the male in the water.

The morning passed quickly. Baekhyun would splash Chanyeol and run screaming as the red haired male chased him. It was a game of cat and mouse, one playfully teasing the other until they were on their knees with laughter.

Chanyeol had a wide smile on his face, much different from his solemn expression in the tent on his wedding day. He looked happier, lighter, as if he wasn't carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

This made Baekhyun happy. 




 

Baekhyun remembered the first time he met Chanyeol. The red haired male was wearing skinny jeans and a brand of jacket that was very popular with actors and idols. He had gum in his mouth which he chewed obnoxiously as he argued with someone over the phone.

Somi wasn't any better. The woman was dressed in a dress which came from a designer that was probably too expensive for Baekhyun to even mention.

Chanyeol wasn't even paying attention to what Baekhyun was discussing. Somi was throwing around a bratty attitude while Chanyeol was on the phone. Baekhyun could tell from the beginning that it would be a difficult wedding to plan.

The dark haired male was pulled out of his thoughts by Chanyeol nudging him. The two had changed out of their wet swimsuits and into another set of clothes they bought.

"I'll go get some food, you find a nice place on the beach."

Baekhyun nodded and the two stepped out of the car. As Chanyeol walked away, Baekhyun walked towards the warm sand.

The sun was just setting. The blue sky flashed a brilliant purple and pink as the sun disappeared over the horizon. Baekhyun sat at an empty table that was embedded into the sand. He brushed off sand and crumbs and sat.

Chanyeol was no where in sight. Baekhyun pulled out his phone and decided to check his business site.

He hadn't been on it in three days, scared of what he might have found.

Baekhyun liked to pretend he didn't care what others said but dead lord was that a lie. Baekhyun craved human acceptance. He craved peoples' approval.

But looked through the comments and feedback section of his site, Baekhyun wished he never looked.

The comments were nasty.

Calling him a . A home wrecker.

They trashed his business. They trashed his old weddings. His ratings hit rock bottom.

But the thing that hurt most was the lack of texts and phone calls.

After disappearing for a couple days, Baekhyun was sure someone would be worried about him.

Maybe the neighbor across the hall from him that always asked for more eggs and sugar.

Perhaps the old lady he always cat-sat for.

Nothing.

No one cared.

It was like Baekhyun was invisible. Vanished into thin air and no one cared.

"Hey? ...Hey Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol walking towards him. The male was oddly blurred, until Baekhyun realized he had tears in his eyes that clouded his sight.

"What happened?!" Chanyeol asked, setting down the food in front of Baekhyun.

The dark haired male did a quick wiping of his eyes and shook his head, "Nothing, why?"

Chanyeol took one look at the phone and swiped it off the table. Baekhyun tried to grab it back but Chanyeol was already scrolling through the comments.

His face twisted into pain, "I'm sorry."

Baekhyun frowned, "Why are you apologizing?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "This is my fault, I should've never made you come with me."

Baekhyun shrugged, "What's done is done."

Chanyeol motioned to the phone, "Yea but people are hating you Baekhyun! They are saying some really mean things."

Baekhyun shrugged, "There's nothing I can do. They don't know the full story."

Chanyeol nibbled at his bottom lip, deep in thought before he stood up. Before Baekhyun could ask him what he was doing, the tall male threw Baekhyun's phone into the ocean. The shorter male was in loss as he watched the thin piece of technology sink below the waves.

"HEY WHAT THE ?!"

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun who was about to stand up and land a solid punch on Chanyeol's jaw.

"Is someone going to check up on you?"

Baekhyun sighed but shook his head slowly. Chanyeol smiled, "Then it's okay. I'll get you a new phone in California. For now, just enjoy the ride."

Baekhyun wasn't sure how to feel.




 

On this stormy night
Like the sky is about to fall
It's fitting for a night like this
I had to let you go in this moment
That shines brighter than tears
So baby don't cry 
My love will be remembered

Exo- Baby don't cry 

 

 

It took another two days just to drive out of Texas. The state was large but Chanyeol and Baekhyun stuck to the country side. The air was much more dry and hot then in New York.

Somewhere between New York and Louisiana, the two had dropped all formalities. It was ridiculous enough that two strangers ran away together, they really didn't need to call each other 'Baekhyun-ssi' and 'Chanyeol-ssi'.

Chanyeol did a lot of the talking. Baekhyun mainly stared out the window. They were traveling so fast, the view outside were just streaks of different colors. The radio hummed in the background, playing upbeat pop. The words were rubbish in Baekhyun's ears. He could only think about those comments left on his website.

The harsh words were burned into his brain, like he was branded.

Branded a , a home wrecker.

Perhaps that's why Chanyeol threw Baekhyun's phone away... to keep the shorter male from reading the toxic messages. But that would mean that the red haired male must have a little bit of care for Baekhyun. Seeing how that was highly unlikely, Baekhyun dismissed the thought as fast as it formed.

Finally as night fell, they crossed into New Mexico. Chanyeol stopped at a run down motel.

This whole time, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were lucky enough to snag two bed rooms but their luck had run out. It was like a cheesy fan fiction (Baekhyun had read some...for research purposes).

The hotel worker wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, the ridiculous small room that failed to have a couch.

"Either I take the floor or we're doing this the cheesy drama way." Chanyeol said cheerfully, dropping his backpack on the bed.

Baekhyun sighed, "I call the left side."

So they laid in bed. Showered, fresh and wearing sweats. The lights flickered off an midnight. Baekhyun assumed it was a power outage. The curtains were drawn open, allowing the room to be flooded with the neon lights of the motel sign.

In the quiet, Baekhyun could even hear the hum of electricity that was coming from the large sign. No lights in the rooms but a large hot pink sign that flashed "No Vacancy"

Chanyeol lay quietly for a while, his head rested on his hands. He stared up at the ceiling, blinking every once in a while. Other than that, he was immobile. If it wasn't for the rising and falling of his chest when he breathed, Baekhyun would've thought the latter turned to stone.

"What's your dream Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol broke the silence suddenly.

Baekhyun turned his head, staring as Chanyeol turned towards him, "What?"

"What's your dream?"

Baekhyun shrugged, "Being a business owner I guess.... though I should probably look for a different line of work now."

Chanyeol shook his head, "No! I mean, when you were a kid, what was your wildest dream." Chanyeol grinned, "I wanted to be a dinosaur, or maybe a knight."

"A knight? Not a prince or a king?"

Chanyeol chuckled, "It was too much responsibility for little five year old Chanyeol."

Baekhyun laughed quietly. Chanyeol sure had his quirks.

"So?"

"So what?"

"What was your dream?"

"You're going to laugh but... I wanted to be a princess."

Chanyeol snickered, "A princess?"

Baekhyun lifted his arm and smacked Chanyeol's chest, "Princesses could sing, dance, talk to animals and were pretty. My grandparents always told me I had the voice of an angel, I loved to play with the neighbor's dog and I don't think I'm terrible looking."

Chanyeol couldn't help but laugh so more, "How about this, we'll both live out our dreams tomorrow? I'll be your knight, and you'll be my princess."

I'll be your knight

You'll be my princess.

This made Baekhyun very happy.




 

"So, Princess B, what's on today's schedule?"

Baekhyun groaned as he pulled the covers over his head, "Letting me sleep for five more minutes."

Chanyeol yanked curtains open (he closed them last night because the neon lights were too bright), grinning happily as the sunlight flooded the room, "No can do, the earlier we get up, the more things we can do!"

Baekhyun hissed, even under the blankets, he could feel the warmth of the sun. The hotel duvets were so thin that the light shone through the cloth, making Baekhyun very angry that he couldn't sleep in for a couple more minutes.

He popped out of the covers and sat up with great difficulty. Chanyeol stood at the foot of the bed, hands on his hips, his hair pushed back under his cap and a big smile plastered on his bare face.

"Unbelievable."

Chanyeol frowned, "What?"

"Anyone who can smile this early in the morning is clearly not human."

"I'm pretty sure I'm human."

"No...you're too annoying and tall."

Chanyeol snickered, "If I asked you to describe me in two words, is that how you would do it? Too annoying and too tall?"

Baekhyun nodded groggily. He was slowly getting up, his black hair sticking up in all directions. Chanyeol found himself staring as the smaller male yawned, his skin almost glowing in the shine of the sunlight.

It was like a halo appeared on top of the black haired male and angels popped out from behind him, singing their angel songs (Chanyeol's got a vivid imagination, leave him alone.)

"Chanyeol?"

God, even his lips were so naturally soft looking and strawberry pink.

"Chanyeol~"

His eyes were sparkling, but ever so faintly slanted downwards. God he was adorable.

"CHANYEOL."

The loud yell startled the male, "I wasN'T THINKING ABOUT YOUR EYES."

Baekhyun scrunched his nose, bitting his lip like he was trying very hard not to burst out laughing, "Okay then. I was just wondering, for your first knightly duty.... Can you go get me some breakfast?"

Chanyeol shook his head, trying to get thoughts straight (even though he wasn't) , "Sure, what is Princess B craving?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the nickname, "Princess B is craving some big waffles."

Chanyeol stood stiff, bring an arm up as a mock salute, "Yes sir. Big waffles coming right up."

Baekhyun was left alone after Chanyeol bolted out the door. So the black haired male took time in slowly getting out of bed and into the shower.

The trip was more than halfway over. They made it past Texas and their next stop before California was Las Vegas.

It was an unnecessary stop but Chanyeol swore that it was a place that had to be visited. ("You just can't go to the west coast without stopping at Las Vegas first!")

Baekhyun couldn't argue so he just mindlessly agreed. Something that he's been doing a lot recently. It really wasn't his thing, 'going with the flow' (is that what the kids called it these days?). Baekhyun is organized. He plans out everything.

His daily life is scheduled out. There is no wandering from the schedule, there is no changing of the schedule. Baekhyun followed his schedule religiously.

But then Chanyeol came crashing along. He had snatched Baekhyun's schedule, tore it up into a million pieces, burned it, and then flushed the ashes down the toilet.

That's how much Chanyeol flipped Baekhyun's life around.

Baekhyun decided he pondered his life decisions for long enough so he stepped out of the shower.

He left the mirror fogged up. He didn't want to see what he looked like. Probably had an outbreak of pimples (aka mini volcanoes) and oily skin and terrible terrible eyebrows (Baekhyun shivers just thinking about it).

He just dried off his hair and wrapped a towel around his body. Unlike most males, who wrapped the towel around their waists, Baekhyun wrapped his around his chest, like a towel dress.

Yes he got for it all his life ("dude why are you doing that, you ain't no girl- oh my god are you a girl? There's no way a guy is that pretty.)

But Baekhyun isn't comfortable with his slightly squishy tummy so leave him and his towel dress alone. Granted, since most of the towel was used to cover his upper body, it left quite a lot of leg showing.

The black haired male sauntered out of the bathroom and walked to the duffle bag which was rashly bought before they skipped town.

He rummaged through it, trying to find his clothes for today. Baekhyun groaned as his legs started getting sore from kneeling down (good god he needs to work out) and stood up. Just as he stood, the hotel room door flew open.

Baekhyun froze.

Chanyeol froze.

Baekhyun screamed.

Chanyeol screamed.

"Get oUT."

"WE ARE SHARING THE HOTEL RO-"

"GET OUT! DON'T YOU KNOCK."

"IT'S A H O T E L R-"

"GET OUT."

Chanyeol dropped (gently placed) the waffles on the ground and backed out of the room. Baekhyun stood there, panting as he tried to get his heart rate to slow down.

Chanyeol backed up into the wall opposite of the door. He slid down it, still in shock. He didn't mean to burst in like that....actually he did but he didn't mean to see Baekhyun only in a towel.

Speaking of...why does he wear it like a dress? Chanyeol thought only girls did that. 
Oh well.

(Luckily) Chanyeol did 'accidentally' catch a glimpse of  Baekhyun's soft white legs. The male until now had been wearing long slacks and work pants. Not once has Chanyeol seen the latter in casual clothing.

But he vows to change that.

Chanyeol quickly got up and knocked on the door, "Yo Princess B. I'm heading out. I'll be back in ten minutes."

He got a muffled yell which either could've been "okay!" or maybe a " you!".  Either way, Chanyeol took it as a warning to be safe and he headed out of the motel.

He tried to pick clothes that would suit the shorter male. But every time he tried to imagine Baekhyun, he could only see those milky white thighs.  (God they were so thick and nice and-....goddammit)

In the end, Chanyeol picked out a nice pair of skinny jeans and a cute blue muscle tank which had a llama on it. Granted, it showed a lot of skin and Baekhyun might have not felt comfortable with that so Chanyeol got him a black wife beater, just to be courteous.

He was bit reluctant to knock on the hotel room door (damn it he paid for the room, why is he knocking?) but he did anyways and Baekhyun was quick to open the door.

He was now dressed and wearing khakis and a button up. Who the hell wears khakis and a button up in 90 degree weather? Chanyeol was dawned in shorts and a very loose shirt and he was still sweating balls.

Baekhyun looked him up and down before fixated on the bag, "What's in there?"

"Surprise."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but took the bag from Chanyeol. He peeked inside and frowned, "Clothes? I don't need more clothes."

Chanyeol pushed inside the hotel room and collapsed on the bed, "Yes you do. You dress like my grandpa."

Baekhyun pouted and looked down at his outfit, "What's wrong with the way I dress?" His voice was hesitant and his lean fingers picked nervously at a button on his shirt.

Chanyeol leaned back, resting his head on his arms as he supported the weight of most of his upper body on his elbow, "You just...dress too preppy. Loosen up a bit, wear normal, causal clothes."

Baekhyun frowned some more, his cute pink lips jutting out, "I am dressed casually. I'm not even wearing a tie!"

Chanyeol resisted the urge to coo at the smaller male, "Just go try the clothes on. I worked so hard to pick out an outfit, you're not going to even try it?"

Baekhyun bit at his bottom lip, staring into the bag. He didn't want to seem ungrateful but technically he didn't ask for new clothes. But Chanyeol was looking so expectedly at him and Baekhyun didn't want to let him down. (That and Chanyeol had managed to find such bomb waffles, Baekhyun didn't want to seem unappreciative.)

So Baekhyun trudged into the bathroom and ruffled through the cheap plastic bag to see what horrors Chanyeol bought.

There were many problems with the clothes.

First of all, the jeans were a bit too tight, hugging Baekhyun's thighs in a way he wasn't used to. They also had rips at the knees and up his thighs. (why would anyone pay for jeans that are already ruined?)

His ghastly white skin (caused by the lack of sunshine. Baekhyun was a more indoor kind of guy) peeked through the rips. The black wife beater was also a bit tight but Baekhyun was thankful to have it. The llama muscle tank was a bit too loose and without the extra layer underneath, a lot of his unflattering squishiness would be uncovered.

Baekhyun didn't know what to think about this new style. As he stared at himself in the mirror, he seemed to look... younger. He seemed to actually look his age, like normal twenty something year old. He just looked so different.

This made Baekhyun happy.

Baekhyun stepped out of the bathroom hesitantly, unsure of Chanyeol's reaction. But he took the latter's dropped jaw and two thumbs up as a good sign. 




 

I keep laughing for some reason every night
Even when I close my eyes, I can't sleep
I spend the entire night with thoughts of you
Your sparkling smile lets me breathe

Exo - Heaven



 

Bad luck rained down on them as they entered Arizona. As Baekhyun and Chanyeol drove through the empty roads of the countryside, the car broke down. Luckily it was just by a motel where they went for help.

Unluckily, the repair crew couldn't make it to their car until the next morning.

And on top of that, the motel had no vacancy.

How the hell, does a motel in the middle of literally nowhere have no vacancy?

Chanyeol was huffing and grumbling on the issue as the sun went down. They had pushed the car off the road and onto the empty field to the side.

Baekhyun took out a blanket and pillow (which he smartly bribed the motel owner to give to him) and placed it in the back seat. He crawled over the seats and settled in for the night.

Chanyeol had a bit more trouble getting comfy. His lanky limbs were a tight fit in the convertible and the space between the driver's seat and the passenger seat wasn't helping.

But sooner or later, he settled down. He rested his head on the car door and looked up, letting his red hair hang freely in all directions. Chanyeol had left the top down incase Baekhyun felt claustrophobic (definitely not because Chanyeol was mesmerized by the stars shining in the sky.)

The sky was dark, thanks to the absence of man made lights. It was so dark that the stars shone so brightly and clearly. Chanyeol felt like he could see everything. He took in everything. Every little star he stared at with such curiosity.

Growing up in the middle of a city didn't really allow Chanyeol to see stars. He only saw them in movies, planetary shows and the occasionally twinkle at night if he got lucky.

The air was chilly. Not cold, yet not warm either. Baekhyun lay shivering under his blanket. Chanyeol felt bad so he grabbed a jacket from his duffle bag and laid it over the shorter's body. After making sure the latter was asleep, Chanyeol smiled fondly, "Good night Princess B."




 

Like a dream
Memories with you have passed
Just with those, I spent long nights
I didn't know back then, 
it was love
Yoona - When the wind blows 



 

Baekhyun decided to be behind the wheel for the first time. Poor Chanyeol, he was sore from sleeping in such a weird position in the car. Baekhyun was saved from that pain because he was short enough to sleep comfortably. Chanyeol on the other hand, was a completely different story. 

They sent off again, just a half day's drive away from Las Vegas. Chanyeol was smart this time. He booked a hotel room on his phone ahead of time, so they were guaranteed a place to sleep. He also bookmarked different nightclubs and jotted down their addresses. Baekhyun bet that he was going to be dragged out for a night of drinking.

Chanyeol soon fell asleep with the gentle shaking of the car and the loud music. Like a child, his head slumped forward, his hands limp around his phone.

Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol every once in a while, gritting his teeth. He knew if Chanyeol kept sleeping like that, his neck bent forward and his chin touching his chest.... he would wake up with some serious neck pains.

Baekhyun didn't want that. So he reached over, like what his grandfather used to do when he was little, and cupped Chanyeol's chin. He propped it up, holding it in a comfortable position as the latter dozed deeper into sleep.

Baekhyun drove one handed, his other arm slowly turning sore as he held Chanyeol's head up. But as Chanyeol smiled in his sleep, and nuzzled Baekhyun's hand, he knew that the pain was worth it.

 

 

 

The music was loud as Baekhyun downed another drink. His pants were sticking to his thighs like a second layer of skin.

They had reached Las Vegas safely. And as Baekhyun foretold, Chanyeol brandished an outfit meant for a night at a club. Baekhyun didn't argue, he knew there was no use. Chanyeol would win.

So he dawned the tight jeans, with rips going all the way up to his upper thighs, showing off a decent amount of skin. He had a fancy top on as well as a bomber jacket. Baekhyun was uncomfortable and alone.

Chanyeol was off dancing somewhere, with his ridiculous tight pants and gorgeous self. He was probably taking another shot, most probably a body shot before getting pulled onto the dance floor by some goddess of a woman.

So Baekhyun was delightfully surprised when he saw Chanyeol sitting next to him. The male was drunk. His eyes hazed and unable to meet Baekhyun's own dark orbs but the shorter male really didn't mind.

Chanyeol didn't say anything. He just kept staring at Baekhyun, taking another shot when it was given to him and he grabbed Baekhyun's hand. 

Now, Baekhyun was completely sober. He prides himself of being a non-drinker. But Chanyeol held a glass up to his strawberry pink lips, forcing Baekhyun to drink the strong scented alcohol.

Baekhyun coughed as the liquid burned down his throat. But Chanyeol was looking so expectedly at him, with those wondrous childlike twinkling eyes (Baekhyun spends a lot of time looking at Chanyeol's eyes, don't judge him), Baekhyun just had to give him two thumbs up.

Chanyeol grinned happily and ordered four more glasses.

Oh no.

Baekhyun's heart jumped to his throat as he realized that Chanyeol thought he actually liked the drink, which meant more alcohol for Byun Baekhyun.

He was drunk in another ten minutes, giggling about Chanyeol's ripped jeans. Chanyeol must've been really out of it because he suggested the idea to go dance.

Baekhyun, having never drank before and wasted off his , agreed happily. Chanyeol grabbed his hand and pulled a hiccuping Baekhyun towards the crowded dance floor.

It was dark and Baekhyun only caught flashes of Chanyeol's face as they danced. The music was loud, pounding away at Baekhyun's ear drums but he willed himself to let go.

He felt Chanyeol brushing up against him. He willed himself to let go and moved closer.

The atmosphere was toxic.

Baekhyun could barely focus on Chanyeol's face as he leaned in, nuzzling his head in the taller's chest, "Yeol-ah....I'm so drunk." He cooed, reaching out for another drink from a waitress who was going around.

Chanyeol laughed and pulled Baekhyun closer, letting his arm drop down to the latter's lower back, "Me too Princess B."

The two drowned another glass of neon ("wow channie its glowing in the dark!!!") drinks and continued their wild dancing. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around the taller male's neck for some stability. But it only resulted in them being closer to one another.

Chanyeol's hands moved lower and lower as Baekhyun leaned up higher and higher. Chanyeol's breath hitched as he watched Baekhyun slowly shut his eyes, showing off the sultry black eyeshadow that the male dawned.

Chanyeol couldn't help himself, it was all too tempting. Especially the glistening strawberry pink lips. He captured Baekhyun's soft lips with his own in a quick swoop.

It was like a dam finally broke. Baekhyun kissed harder and harder, pulling Chanyeol closer, allowing no space between the two bodies. 

The night went by in flashes of memories. Baekhyun and Chanyeol kissing desperately against the walls of the club until a taxi took them back to their hotel. Chanyeol pinning Baekhyun against the elevator walls as it slowly went up.

Them making their way down the hallway before stumbling into their hotel room.

Baekhyun could remember the articles of clothing hitting the floor one by one. The quietness of the room emphasized the sound of their lips mashing together.

Baekhyun felt like he was heaven.

Until he woke up the next day when they both pretended like neither remembered what had happened. 




 

I'm scared to begin, because
I can taste the bitter scent in my mouth
If you close your eyes and want me
Even if it's a lie, I'll make you happy
With the sweetest lie in the world I tell you

Exo Sweet Lies

 

 

 

In two days they reached California.

In two days, Baekhyun rethought almost everything he knew about Chanyeol.

In two days, Baekhyun realized how much he cared about Chanyeol.

But it was too late.

Baekhyun watched silently as the red haired male talked animatedly on the phone, probably with the 'Sehun' guy from China. They were sitting in the airport coffee shop. Baekhyun leaned back in his chair, sipping his bitter coffee. The large window allowed him to watch another plane slowly park.

In another twenty minutes or so, they both would be on a plane as well.

Chanyeol came back to the table, a grin wide on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" Baekhyun asked, "Got accepted in clown university?"

Chanyeol scoffed, "First of all, what a weak insult. Second of all, no! I just found out that Sehun has a job for me in China!"

Baekhyun's heart dropped to his stomach, "Oh wow Chanyeol! That's great!"

Chanyeol couldn't stop grinning, "Thanks Baek."

Baekhyun nodded and sipped at his coffee, hoping to hide the glistening tears in his eyes.

"No I'm serious. I want to thank you for coming all this way for me. And I'm sorry that I ruined your career."

Baekhyun grinned, "Career? More like my life! You big oaf, I have to find a new line of work now."

Chanyeol looked like a kicked puppy.

"I'm just kidding. I don't really care, wedding planning is overrated anyway."

Chanyeol laughed, "Byun Baekhyun? Not caring about something? Who are you and what did you do with my Princess B?"

Baekhyun's face fell at the nickname. He couldn't do this.

The brown haired male shot out of his seat, almost knocking the chair over as he scrambled away from the table, "I-I have to go to the bathroom."

Baekhyun never ran away so quickly in his life. 

Baekhyun couldn't stop the tears from rolling down his cheeks. He sat in the toilet stall, finally allowing the fat tears to escape. Baekhyun didn't know why he was so sad. He should be glad that he was getting rid of Chanyeol. Didn't the taller male always annoy him? Didn't Baekhyun hate him for ruining the wedding and his job?

Baekhyun could try all he wants but Chanyeol would never anger him nor would Baekhyun ever hate Chanyeol.

His large smile, the crinkling of the edges of his eyes, his hands clapping together and his ridiculous sounding laugh.

Baekhyun loved it.

His mischievous smirks, his twinkling eyes and that face that he makes, which makes Baekhyun wonder if Chanyeol could read his mind or something because the latter always seemed to know what's on Baekhyun's mind.

In the past two weeks, Baekhyun had never laughed so much. He never felt so free. He never felt so alive.

And now.

It was being ripped away from him.

Reality punched him in the face, giving him a rude awakening.

"Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol's voice echoed through the empty bathroom. Baekhyun quickly wiped his tears and opened the stall.

Chanyeol blinked, surprised to see the latter bloodshot eyes but he didn't say anything, "Hey it's time to go."

Baekhyun nodded, "Let's go."

The walk to the gates was silent. Even though the airport was bustling with people, Chanyeol and Baekhyun felt like they were in their own little bubble.

Chanyeol stopped at the middle intersection, "The China flight is that way." He said quietly, pointing to the right.

Baekhyun's heart dropped, "T-The Korea flight is the other way." He motioned to the path which was directly opposite from Chanyeol's.

The taller male sighed, letting go of his duffle bag. It hit the ground with a thud. Chanyeol didn't care.

"I.....I guess this is goodbye." The red haired male's voice cracked faintly at the word 'goodbye'.

Baekhyun willed himself not to break down crying, "I guess it is."

This was unfair. 
It was unfair how attached he became to Chanyeol. 
It was unfair how the taller managed to weasel into his heart.

It was unfair that they now had to go separate ways. 

Baekhyun dropped his own bag and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol. He didn't care. He just needed one moment....just one.

Those few seconds were the longest, yet shortest seconds of his life. He could smell Chanyeol's musky yet homey scent. He could feel the grip from the latter's arms.

When Chanyeol started to let go, Baekhyun willed for time to stop. He just needed more time with Chanyeol.

But time was cruel. Time waited for no one.

Baekhyun watched motionless as Chanyeol picked up his duffle bag and turned. Without another word, Chanyeol started to walk away. Immediately Baekhyun's heart clenched. He could let him go, not this easily.

"CHANYEOL."

Baekhyun left his bag on the floor as he raced towards the taller male. Chanyeol turned around, his lips tilting upwards into a smile as Baekhyun crashed into him.

Their lips joined with such gentle firmness. They didn't want to let go. Not now. Not ever. But Baekhyun had to pull away.

He buried his face in the taller's chest. He was afraid if he looked Chanyeol in the eye, he wouldn't be able to leave him.

"I'll miss you." Baekhyun whispered before pulling away. He didn't want to hear Chanyeol's answer. Instead he walked away quickly, letting the tears in his eyes blur his vision.

He scooped up his backpack and kept walking.

Baekhyun went left.

Chanyeol went right. 

Life wasn't a movie. It wasn't a story, it wasn't a fairy tale.

Life didn't have a happy ending.

Baekhyun wasn't going to end up with Chanyeol. Baekhyun wasn't going to see Chanyeol ever again.

It's just the way life worked.

Baekhyun didn't look back. He couldn't afford to.

He did the only thing he could.

He kept walking.

But with every step, his heart cracked a bit and a bit more.

Baekhyun was not happy.

Baekhyun was shattered.

He just has to wait for tomorrow.


 

I think back to those familiar streets
Think back to the beautiful days that flew away
There is a place
Only you and I know

Kris Wu- There is a place