Chapter 17

Look What Moon Byulyi Made Me Do

Enjoy, fellas. *finger heart*

Cuties. *squeal*

____________________________________________________

“Are you sure about this?”

Irene turned her head back to look at Yongsun who was following her from behind. Yongsun kept wandering her head around like there was someone watching them even though no one was there beside the both of them. The two girls continued walking along the road in front of the house premises with their bodies bended low and sometimes they will hid behind one car to another. If there is someone else happen to pass by, maybe he or she will thinks that Yongsun and Irene are trying to escape from school successfully. When they were still wearing their official school uniforms, that kind of assumption will be easily made.

“People might think us as some bad teenagers who try to hang out at the mall instead attending to class, Yongsun-ah.”, Irene whined and pouted. She just didn’t like this idea from the very first place.

Yongsun just rolled her eyes annoyingly. “Classes have already ended, Bae Joohyun. Heck, I don’t care what people will say. All I want to do right now is get away from him… as soon as possible.” Yongsun puffed a long sigh before she shrugged the thought off. When the fear started to creep inside her heart again, she tried her very best to shoo it away.

Just say anything, but Yongsun could care less about it anymore. The idea of having to meet her so-called sick ex-boyfriend was a lot worse than ditching school. Hell no, she don’t want to meet that ‘monster masked in human’ kind of guy ever again. She has suffered enough with just the presence of him around her. Yongsun just literally hates everything about a guy with the name Park Chanyeol.

His handsomely monster-like face. His smug yet sly grin on his face that can changes into a genuine one just in a blink of an eye whenever he meets his teachers. His sweet sugary words that can make other girls gone diabetes but just not her. She hates to hear all of them. Sometimes those words sound so sincere but other times Yongsun found it as danger. Why? Simple. If Yongsun won’t feel the same way as him, he will turns crazily berserk and harsh words like venom came flowing out of his mouth so freely making Yongsun hurting even more.

Not to forget those moments when Chanyeol threw a few curse words to her and even he did called her some inappropriate names. Like legit inappropriate for Yongsun because she felt angry and pain at the same time whenever the guy opens his mouth to yell or even whisper not so endearingly to her ear. And fun fact or maybe not that ‘fun’ at all, Chanyeol is the first person to insult her and called her with all those curse names. Yes, congrats he was the first.

“You little , stupid motherer, you have to thanks me because I love you. If not, I have long hit that pretty face of yours with my hand. You hear that, ungrateful woman?”

Yongsun closed her eyes shut when she remembered about that moment. A sensational of hot liquid was trying to overflow from her eyes but she tried her best to hold it on. Yongsun is glad to have Irene by her side and always be there for her to lend her ears hearing to all those stuffs that she has to face like almost every single day. Sometimes her best friend will try to protect her in any logical way that she can. Yongsun loves her best friend for that and even for many reasons that she can’t even describes at all. All that she knows, she will cherishes their friendship as best as she can and as long as she breathing.

“Earth to Kim Yongsun, stop daydreaming. We almost arrive at the mall.”

Yongsun was snapped back to reality after the blonde girl shook her arms gently. She gave a cheeky grin to her best friend while the girl just shook her head and smiled funnily. ‘MAMAVELVET Mall’ was just a few metres away from where they were standing right now. That was the place that they will choose to hang out together sometimes just the both of them or maybe with some of their other friends too. They considered the mall as the most close and best place to stay after school. Not only for its food courts, fashion boutiques, arcade or even the cinema, but also to the warm and exciting atmosphere whenever they step into the mall.

As soon as they entered the mall, it already filled with massive number of people. Some crowds were surrounding at a certain spot in the middle of the mall because a mega sale was happening at that time. Yongsun felt her jaw dropped a bit when Irene made her way to enter into the massively busied crowd. She quickly stopped her best friend by held on to her wrist.

“Don’t tell me you are willing to stuck in there?”, Yongsun asked disbelief. She facepalmed when Irene nodded her head innocently. Irene knows Yongsun don’t like overly crowded place because her precious best friend can quickly get uncomfortable. But, she just don’t want to miss a chance like this. A mega sale means that she can buys a lot of trendy clothes with cheaper prices. Irene gripped both of Yongsun’s shoulder before calmly said.

“If you don’t want to follow me, then stay here for a bit. I’ll be back, okay?”

“But, Ire-“

Yongsun can’t stop Irene anymore when her best friend has jogged into the crowd and quickly disappeared from sight. She heaved a heavy sigh and unconsciously pouted, realized that her best friend wouldn’t listen to her at all. Yongsun tried to search for a bench nearby to sit while waiting for Irene to finish her so-called shopping. As she spotted one empty bench at the corner, she quickly walked there before anyone else can occupy it. But suddenly, her hand has been pulled roughly from behind which has made her body spun around and accidentally hugged whoever the rude person was.

And to Yongsun’s biggest nightmare, it was Chanyeol.

Yongsun’s eyes grew wider as she stared shockingly into Chanyeol’s one which were furious than ever. Her heart beat crazily but not in the good way where a guy can make you easily fluster by sweet gestures and stuffs, but this more likely to the opposite. Yongsun felt her breath hitched when she saw Chanyeol gritted his teeth, trying to supress his anger when there were a lot of people have spared a glance at them.

“You little , did you try to run away from me, again?”, Chanyeol whispered under his breath and emphasized the word ‘again’ for Yongsun to hear out loud. The girl was struggling hard tried to get away from Chanyeol’s tight hug but she just couldn’t. His energy and strength is three times bigger than hers. At last, Yongsun can only silently cried and let Chanyeol did anything that he wanted.

“You have to be punished, Kim Yongsun.”

With that, the guy forcefully dragged the unwilling Yongsun out from the mall. She can’t even text Irene about her sudden disappearing as Chanyeol has asked her to turn off her phone immediately, didn’t want any interruption while his ‘punishment’ to Yongsun was going on. That day, Yongsun has been left with another big scar right on her heart.

The next day, Irene met Yongsun at school just to be dumbfounded when there was a small purplish bruise right at the corner of her best friend’s lips. It took quite long time for Yongsun to tell about it before Irene warned her that she will never see her again if she still wanted to quiet down. And to Irene’s dismay, as soon as their classes ended, tears rolled down to Yongsun’s cheeks like rain before she told everything that happened on the previous day to Irene.

Where Chanyeol dragged Yongsun to the nearest motel and brought them inside one of the rooms, threated Yongsun that he will do anything to Yongsun because he was so angry that time. How Yongsun has to beg him to not let anything happen between them. How Chanyeol forcefully kissed her lips wildly and dangerously until that’s how she got that small bruise. How Yongsun felt so thankful when a phone call interrupted Chanyeol from doing any further to her. And how his last harsh words broke her heart into million pieces, to the umpteenth time of the days she spent as Chanyeol’s girlfriend or should she more willing to say ex-girlfriend.

“I can do more to you if you ever disobey me again, sweetheart. You also don’t want that, right Yongsun-ie? So, ing stick with me.”

Irene reported the incident to the school authorities and that’s how Chanyeol was forced to meet the counselor. Even his parent has been called to come to school and shocked at the news. They never know about Chanyeol behaving that way and it was totally devastated for them. The school has to beg Chanyeol either himself or Yongsun will be the one who will transfer to another school. And to Chanyeol’s dismay, his parent planned to move out to another country. Wants it or not, he has to obey his parent no matter what.

“Even Yongsun was so traumatized by all of the things that have happened to her, but she was recovering better and happier without Chanyeol’s presence.”, Irene bitterly said right after she done told a long story from the past.

Wheein and Hyejin attentively nodded their head as soon as they heard the story. While for Byulyi, she eagerly tried to supress the anger that boiled inside her heart, her knuckles grasped tighter. It was right on 8.35 p.m., all four of them were sitting on the benches right in front the ICU. Irene that introduced as Yongsun’s best friend willingly wanted to tell everything about Yongsun to the three girls. Irene happened to have her mid-semester break for a few weeks. While Yongsun’s parent was still in the room, looking over their one and only daughter who was still unconscious. The doctor that check on Yongsun didn’t say anything more but one thing to be sure.

Yongsun is indeed will be coma for how long that they don’t even know.

All of them have to accept the news with not so open heart.

Byulyi also started to accept it plus with the fact that Yongsun will be brought back to her own hometown until she is fully recover. Even though she can’t stand to not see the sight of the girl even only in a minute, but she has no right to say ‘no’ to Yongsun’s parent. Yongsun is their daughter after all, what can Byulyi do about it? She just can helplessly agree with it.

The two younger girls have also informed about Yongsun’s accident to Elysian Academy’s authorities and they were all indeed devastated and sorrowed to hear it. And they agree to let Yongsun’s parent bring her home for recovering.

“How about when Yongsun unnie told me that Chanyeol almost kills her?”, Wheein asked carefully. She tried to glance at Byulyi and saw the older girl still kept her head down. Maybe try to hold her anger due to her shaking body that Wheein can quickly noticed.

Irene heaved a sigh. “It was happened just before the day he flied to Japan. Chanyeol made a last request to talk with Yongsun alone inside one small room in our former school’s Council Room.” She stopped for a while to catch a long breathe before continued. “I remembered Yongsun told that he went berserk when she said she don’t love him. He grabbed a scissor right from his pants and aimed it to Yongsun’s chest but luckily the council’s teacher was there and fast enough to stop that tragic incident.”

Hyejin shook her head in horror. “That was horrifying. I never imagine Yongsun unnie has to deal with all of that.”

“That’s it! I will kill that guy!”

Byulyi’s sudden loud outburst got the other three looked at her completely surprised. She has stood up and grasped her knuckles tighter until it turned pale. Her breathing was heavy and her face was reflecting the feeling of anger, grudge and hatred. Byulyi was ready to leave there when suddenly Irene voiced out.

“Hey, don’t do anything stupid. It will worsen the situation.”

Byulyi turned her head back and gave an assurance smile that looks quite unconvincing. “I won’t kill him, just beat him up for a bit. It’s your best friend we’re talking about, Irene-ssi. Don’t you want to give a few slaps to his face too?” Byulyi smirked as she saw the blonde girl looking like trying to think about her words. And her smile grew wider.

“I do want to do that. Can I follow you?”

“My pleasure.”

---

“Argh!”

The sound of Chanyeol cries and yells out of hurtful pain were echoed inside the room. His wrists that have been tied by the ropes have turned reddishly swollen. He fell to his knees while trying to supress all those pains that electrified his whole body and his face that has been covered with bruises and dripping blood. Without any mercy, Byulyi threw another punch straight to his stomach making him growled out loud.

“That’s what you get for hurting Yongsun, you bastard!”, Byulyi screamed out all her lungs. Then, she swung her right leg and kicked Chanyeol’s right knee with all her might. The guy ended up crying because the pain became more unbearable. Byulyi wanted to blow another hit when Irene who just became a spectator since a while ago quickly stopped her. Byulyi wanted to protest but Irene quickly retorted.

“That’s enough, Byulyi-ssi. Let me handle next.”

Byulyi unwillingly walked away from there but still eyed Chanyeol furiously. She stood at the corner of the room, hands crossed together on her chest, ready to watch what will Yongsun’s best friend does to that almost lifeless guy.

Irene slowly walked in front of Chanyeol who still kneeled down with his head hung low. As he coughed, a lot of blood splattered out from his mouth and onto the dusty floor. If Chanyeol is a nice guy and treats her best friend fairly nice and sweet, Irene will helps him and quickly untie those ropes. But the feeling of hatred, regression and sadness were overpowering her heart right now. And the word ‘sympathy’ to be given for a guy like Chanyeol, is not underestimate at all.

Irene clenched her jaw as she lifted Chanyeol’s chin so she can see his face. And the feeling of hate rushing inside her heart like crazy when she looked at his face. His dazzlingly and breathtakingly handsome monster-like face. Irene didn’t wait long as she blew a strong slap right at his left cheek making another amount of blood splattered out from his mouth.

“This is for how much suffer you have gave to Yongsun.” Another slap. “This is for how you almost kill her.” And another slap. “And this is for everything about you that I hate! For everything you have done to her! For what has happened to her now!”, Irene yelled out of anger and frustration. She pushed Chanyeol’s face harshly before took a step back. Tears started to stream down to her cheeks but her eyes still focused on Chanyeol with full of hatred. “Why you have to do that to her? She... she doesn’t deserve everything that you have done to her! Yongsun... is one of the most warm and kind-hearted person that I have ever met in my life! But you...” Irene stopped for a while to sob and wiped her tears away. “You are such a jerk! I will never forgive you if anything happen to Yongsun!”

Irene hastily walked out from the room while crying for so damn bad. Byulyi who listened and watched it before also can’t hold her feeling anymore. She walked to Chanyeol and blew another strong punch to his face before hissed under her breath harshly. “You hear it right. Your parent will arrive here the next morning, so I don’t want to see your face anymore.”

Then, Byulyi’s turn to walk away from there. Leaving Chanyeol alone in the room, still kneeled down on the floor. Surprisingly, tears started to overflow down to his cheeks which were mixed with the dripping blood. He cried and cried until dawn appear.

---

The next morning, Wheein and Hyejin were already inside Yongsun’s house, helped packing the older girl’s things as she will be brought back to her hometown that evening. Both of them were so sad just to think about it but they tried to hold the feeling on. They know Yongsun’s parent is just so worried about their daughter after all. But they don’t forget to always pray for Yongsun’s consciousness so that they can be like before as quick as possible.

Wheein was packing Yongsun’s clothes while tears again pouring down to her chubby cheeks. Hyejin who saw it felt sympathy as she knows how close Wheein and Yongsun are. Hyejin looked at the thick book she was holding inside her hands. Yongsun’s handwritten was clearly visible at the front page as she wrote ‘my diary’ hugely in black marker pen. Hyejin brought it to Wheein before asked. “Say Wheein-ah, do we have to put this book inside the bag too?”

Wheein looked up and quickly shredded the tears away. She took a better look at the book that Hyejin handed to her before she grabbed it. It is Yongsun’s diary. Of course it should be given to her owner back as it might be privacy. But Wheein can’t help to feel curious about the contents that were written in that diary. Without even cared about Hyejin’s warn to not check it out, Wheein opened the book and flipped from one page to another.

“My God, Wheein-ah! You’re so stubborn, almost like Byulyi.”, Hyejin blurted out with a voice that sounded unbelievable.

Wheein could just care less about Hyejin’s complaint before her eyes caught a sentence right on a page that she just flipped over. Her eyes sparkled brightly as she read the sentence over and over again.

“With full of honour, I created all these plans to reunite all of the cliques inside this campus”

“Hyejin-ie, we should keep this diary to ourselves!”, Wheein exclaimed rather excitedly while stared at her girlfriend with a hopeful look.

Hyejin startled at the cute girl’s reaction and quickly shook her head. “No, babe. We will be accused to invade someone’s privacy.”

Wheein facepalmed herself before she quickly got up and showed the page to Hyejin. The sassy short haired girl kind of weird out when her girlfriend suddenly became so energetic when before that she was crying. So Hyejin quickly look at the page that Wheein kept showing to her as curiosity had also surrounded her mind. Hyejin’s eyes widen when she read some of the so-called plans that were clearly have been written by Yongsun on some of the pages in the middle of the book.

Hyejin hugged her girlfriend’s waist and squealed right to the shorter girl’s ear. “You are genius, Wheein-ah! We can accomplish all these plans for the sake of Yongsun unnie.”

Wheein nodded her head and smiled sweetly to her girlfriend. Hyejin can’t feel happier than that when she finally can see Wheein becomes bright back like before. Well, not literally like before but Hyejin can still see those bright sparks inside her girlfriend’s eyes. They shared a long kiss before Wheein proudly say in a teasing tone.

“Of course, I’m your girlfriend, Hyejin-ie. Yours nerdy Miss Jung Wheein.”

---

Right on 3.25 p.m., Byulyi walked inside the ICU to check Yongsun for the last time. She carefully walked closer to the bed where Yongsun still unconsciously lied onto. She stared lovingly at the brunette who still has her ‘beauty sleep’ peacefully even those wires still tangled everywhere above her and she still needs the medical ventilator to help her breathing.

Byulyi walked a bit closer but be cautious not to touch even a single inch of the wires. She squatted down and tried hardly to reach out for Yongsun’s left palm and the coldness of her skin quickly strike Byulyi. Little tears started to pour out from her eyes again but Byulyi supressed it all strongly. She fished out for something inside the pocket of her jacket before she took out a simple designated ring in silver. Heaved out a long breath, Byulyi wore the ring on Yongsun’s cold ring finger. She secretly thanked her own self when the ring perfectly fitted on her girlfriend’s finger.

It was quite hard for Byulyi to choose which ring she will buy when she was out to town that afternoon. And so Byulyi did bought the ring for Yongsun and wore it on her finger just before they will not meet each other.

Byulyi gave a last squeeze on Yongsun’s palm before a bitter smile formed on her lips. She whispered under her breathe slowly while her eyes still stared at Yongsun with full love, admiration and sincerity.

“I love you always, Kim Yongsun, my baby cutie pie..”

---

With the help from paramedic team of Severance Hospital, they are willing to fetch Yongsun in one of their ambulances and follow the way to Busan. Just before the married couple and Irene will drive back to their hometown in Busan, they met with the three girls one last time to bid goodbye and all. 

Byulyi was startled when Mr. Kim suddenly gripped on both of her shoulders gently and presented a fatherly smile to her. She found it was confusing yet undeniably warm at the same time. But words that slipped out from the middle aged man’s lips after that got Byulyi warmer than ever.

“I know there’s something more between you and Yongsun, Byulyi. I can see it from your eyes every time you look at her.” Mr. Kim saw Byulyi’s cheeks tinted in crimson pink which has caused him chuckled. “I will do anything for my precious daughter’s happiness. And if she does happy with you, I will welcome you into our family with wide arms and open heart.”

Byulyi can’t help but to smile and cried in joy as soon as she heard those words. She bowed gratefully and said thank you over and over again until Mr. Kim felt funny with it. He bid his goodbye to the other girls before walked to his car to get the engine on. Irene walked in front of Byulyi and took out her hand to do a friendly handshake with the silver haired girl. Byulyi simply smiled and shook both of their hands together.

“If I’m not Yongsun’s best friend, I might have date her, you know?”, Irene asked in a teasing tone. Byulyi accidentally shot a soft glare to the blonde girl which has made her giggled melodically. So, her assumption was right that Yongsun really has something with this Byulyi. Irene shook her head and smiled jokingly. “Don’t worry. I already have Seulgi waiting for me.” Irene winked before continued. “So, we’re all swing in the other way then.”

Byulyi was shocked to hear it at first but then she laughed it off, just like showing that she legit approved it. Wheein and Hyejin who stood faithfully beside the older girl finally smiled to each other warmly. Irene’s turn to bid her last goodbye and not to forget to pull all the three girls into a tight hug. After that, she got into Mr. Kim’s Mercedes Benz.

Now, it only left Mrs. Kim with the three girls. The older woman embraced Wheein and Hyejin at first and said her gratitude and thanks for them to be Yongsun’s friend and take care of her daughter. Both of the younger girls cried in the embrace before the both of them hugged each other as soon as Mrs. Kim let go of the embrace.

Mrs. Kim faced Byulyi this time and gave a warm smile to the younger girl. She fished out something from her handbag before she handed a piece of paper to Byulyi. Byulyi looks obviously confused as she took the paper and hesitated to open it. But after Mrs. Kim insisted her to look at it, Byulyi did as what has been told. She read the simple sentence over and over again before her eyebrows furrowed.

1239-184 Bansong-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan

Mrs. Kim quickly vanished the curiosity that attacked the younger girl’s mind by saying softly to her. “Come visit us whenever you have free times, Byulyi. We will wait for your visit, and I’m sure Yongsun will truly happy if she knows it.”, Mrs. Kim said while cupped Byulyi’s cheeks and smiled warmly to her.

Byulyi can’t thank the family much more so she pulled the older woman into a tight embrace. They were in that position for a long good minute. Byulyi swore, she never felt this happy and touch after a very long period. Tears streaming down to her face again but this time it’s warmer. She whispered under her breath and happily voiced out.

“I will sure to come there. I promise to love your daughter with all my heart. You have my words.”

____________________________________________________

A/N: My MoonSun heart! *cried* So guys, maybe there will be left a few chapters more before it ends. My final started next week so maybe I will update a bit late (or maybe not). *grin* Anyway, hope you like it though and see ya in the next update! Byeee. *finger heart*