Saved By The Bell

I Accidentally Fell In Love With My Enemy -- ON HIATUS

Jessica's POV

We played for another few rounds of countless dares and incredulous truths were shared. I didn't know when it happened, but a wave of fatigue washed over my body. And sooner or later, black overcame my senses.

~~~

Sunlight streamed through the blinds and blinded my closed lids. Still a little groggy, I my side only to fall off and meet eye-to-eye with the solid ground. I groaned in pain and frustration and soothed my sore head. Weirdly, something was wrapped around my body that softened the fall and when I looked down, creases formed in the middle of my forehead when I realized a comfy warm blanket was tangled up with my body. I wriggled free from its cozy yet suffocating grasp and took in my vicinity.

I'm still in Key's living room, I realize when images from the party from last night flitted through my mind. I sit there staring at my reflection on Key's huge flat screen tv and repeat those words in my head till they stuck to my brain.

I'm still in Key's living room...

Still in Key's living room...

In Key's living room...

Living room...

Why am I in a living room and not a bedroom?

My attention turns to the right to find a peaceful, sleeping Jonghyun sleeping on another couch beside the one I slept on. My eyes grazed over his face and how handsome he looked in his sleep...

Wait, why am I sleeping near Jonghyun?

In the same room?

WAIT!

My eyes widen to double its size when I replay my mind from last night when I had fallen asleep when we were playing truth or dare.

OH MY FLIPPING GOODNESS! I'M SLEEPING IN KEY'S LIVING ROOM WITH JONGHYUN! WHAT THE ASIERH LIHJFG VUEARHG FIAUDGF U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right in the middle of my mental breakdown I hear Jonghyun stir from beside me. Oh .

I tentatively walk over towards him, attempting to wake him and yell at him for sleeping and not waking my up. I nudge his shoulder.

"Yah. Dino-head." I harshly murmur in his ear. Instead of awaking, he stirs again and this time adding a melody of snorts and snores. I scrunch my nose in disgust, but I had to cover my mouth with both my hands so I wouldn't start laughing. Regaining my composure, I nudge him again, this time I little harder.

"Jonghyun. Dino. Wake the hell up you snoring pig." I snap quietly, still unsure where Key and the others are and not willing to wake them up when I'm still in panic mode.

Jonghyun groans and grabs a pillow, stuffing himself under it. "Five more minutes..." He mumbles in his sleep. I scoff. This guy is such a heavy sleeper, damn.

"Sorry to burst your snoring bubble, but WE ARE SLEEPING IN KEY'S LIVING ROOM! What the hell is your problem?! Get your up before our ummas will kill the both of u--" I was cut off when, Jonghyun reached for my wrist and pulled me down, my voice sending a yelp in the room. I open my eyes and my heart jumps to my throat when I take note the VERY awkward position me and the dino are in. He had pulled me down on top of him, the pillow he was under had fallen to the ground. Then he s his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him like I was a teddy bear. I gasped as the only distance between us was barely a space.

"When I say five more minutes, I mean five. More. Minutes." He mutters, his eyes still closed although a playful smirk had replaced his drowsy grin. Shivers were sent down my spine as his words made his chest rumble causing my heart to speed up at an incredible rate.

, Jonghyun. What the hell is up with you? Why are you making my heart react this way?

Unfortuantely, a flurry of steps were heard in the hallway. I froze. Crap! Is that Key and them?! They ALL slept over?!

Abruptly, I tried to pry myself off of Jonghyun but this stubborn wouldn't let go. His grip tightened as I struggled more. I groaned. "Jonghyun! Let go--"

"WOAH. What do we have here?" At the sound of Key's voice I shot up, Jonghyun finally letting go of me also. I moved several feet away from Jonghyun and eyed Key.

"Nothing happened, got it? So don't start with your assumptions." I snapped. Key threw his arms up in surrender, looking all-too-innocent. 

"I didn't say anything." He said, but a smirk was tugging up on his lips. I rolled my eyes and realized that he had come down alone. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Key shrugged, heading towards the kitchen.

"They left last night," He informed her. "Apparently, they had curfew and can't stay out past 11, those babies." Key scoffed. I snorted also. Jonghyun got up sleepily from the couch and rubbed his temples.

"You should shut your mouth, because our curfew is at 10." He retorted. I glowered his way, and was about to cuss him off, when my phone suddenly blared from the nearby coffee table. Baffled, I walked over to it and picked it up. Without looking at the caller ID, I placed it near against my ear.

"Yoboseyo?" 

"Hello? Jessica?" I stiffened at the voice. 

"U-Umma?" I looked over at Jonghyun and he had the same pale face. Uh oh...

"Jessica! How are you?" Before I could reply, she continued. "Me and Mrs. Kim are coming over to your apartment today for a visit, kay?" Jessica felt her heart beat wildly. Oh no! They're going to find out we didn't stay at our house! Craappp!

"Hello? Jessica? You there?" Her mother's voice brought her back to her senses.

Warily, she replied. "Uh, sure. S-see you later, U-umma." I muttered, before I heard her greet me goodbye and the silent beep signaling that she had ended the call.

"What's up?" Key asked, nonchalantly. Jonghyun looked at me worriedly, too. I whipped my head towards them and said squarely, "We need to go. Now." 

 

Jonghyun's POV

As soon as those words escaped Jessica's lips, we got to action. Aimlessly, Jessica threw the blankets up in the air while I caught them and folded them as neatly as possible. It was common courtesy, after all, to clean up th mess you made as a guest. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Key looked at us dazed as we spruced up his living room. After that, Jessica dashed in the hallway.

"Where is the bathroom?!" She bellowed from the hall. Key snapped out of his trance and stuttered, "Uh, third door to the, um, left." 

"Thanks!" Jessica called back. I shook my head and quickly gathered my phone and keys from the couch and headed towards the front door. I could replenish my needs at the apartment. Right now, we had to hurry.

"I'll you later, Key!" I hollared to Key. He just waved it away, finally understanding the situation.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure." He sipped on the coffee that he had brewed up. Right then, Jessica just exited the bathroom in her clothes from yesterday.

"Come on!" She hissed to me as she waved Key goodbye. "Happy birthday again Key!" And with that, we were both out the door.

~~~

The ride in the car was absolute chaos as Jessica kept ranting about how much trouble she would be in if her mother caught them going to a party and not returning back before curfew. A string of unpleasant words slipping out of . I gripped on the steering wheel in aggravation.

"Can you just shut the hell up? That foul mouth of yours won't get us anywhere." I snapped without looking her way. I heard her scoff, but didn't say anymore. Smirking, I continued to drive as fast as I could without passing the speed limit and getting cornered by a cop.

After arriving at our apartment, Jessica almost had a heart attack when we saw a very familiar limousine parked outside. Quickly, I parked behind it and cautiously the both of us entered our prison home. The door creaked open as we peeked inside.

There was no sign of our moms anywhere. "Are you sure that they're coming?" I hiss in Jessica's ear. She huffed and glared my way.

"Of course I'm sure! I'm not going to lie about something like this." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just saying that maybe you heard your mom wrong--" A shuffling in the kitchen cut me off. Both of us froze, and tentatively creeped inside. I sneakily took a peek behind a wall to try and see where they were but a voice made both of us jump.

"Where have you guys been?" The familiar voice of the Witch Ahjumma startled us. Jessica and I whipped around to find Mrs. Jung and my umma looking at both of us suspiciously, arms crossed and raised brows. I fumbled my mind for a implicit excuse, but I couldn't find any.

"Um..."

"We went out grocery shopping!" Jessica cleverly exclaimed. My umma nodded her head in understanding, but Mrs. Jung didn't seem to buy it.

"That's great! We were actually scouting your kitchen for food, but your cabinets are empty." Umma frowned. Mrs. Jung cleared , giving my umma a side glance saying that she couldn't believe she was giving in to them so easily.

"Then where are all your grocery bags?" She breezily asked. I turned rigid and I cursed Jessica in my mind. Nice one, smart stuff! This stupid little...

"U-Uh, well you see, we realized that the...supermarket...doesn't open this early in the morning. So we came back and, er, decided to go do it later in the afternoon." I held my breath with Jessica as we scrutinized their faces for suspicion. I practically breathed out a whole oxygen tank when they finally nodded their head.

"Ah, okay. That's understandable." Mrs. Jung finally declared. But her eyes narrowed dangerously. "For a moment there, I thought you guys went out last night and forgot to come back." We laughed nervously and I was almost positive that me and Jessica shared the same thought. That's exactly what we did.

Umma spoke next, her eyes grazing our attire. "Why are you guys wearing such fancy clothing for grocery shopping?" Mrs. Jung followed her gaze and her suspicious glare returned to her face.

My face lost its color as I looked over at Jessica to see if she had any bright excuses, but her face was just as pale as mine.

"Um, well you see...about that...its...its the um, fashion sense nowadays." Jessica faked a brilliant smile. "Classy in the morning and cozy in the evening." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously. I looked over at our moms and clearly understood that they didn't buy that one single bit.

"Really, Jessica? That's the excuse you came up with? Classiness in the morning? Who does that?" Mrs. Jung partially scoffed as she disaprovingly shook her head. "It was logical that you guys came empty-handed from the supermarket since its not even open yet, but wearing such inappropriate clothing at the blink of the day is just....wow." Jessica lowered her head in shame and when I caught my Umma's eye she had the look that said, 'You guys have some explaining to do.'

The Witch Ahjumma crossed her arms firmly. "So, please explain to us exactly why you guys aren't home? Since its quite obvious that you two wandered off somewhere last night." The glint in her eye told us that she had already suspected us from the beginning. Beads of sweat appeared on my forehead as my hands suddenly felt clammy. Oh whatever. We might as well tell them.

"Uh, Umma...Mrs. Jung, the thing is--" But before I could spill that we just went to a birthday party and accidentally fell asleep, a beeping noise, the sound of a ringing bell, blasted from Mrs. Jung's purse. She pursed her lips in annoyance and slipped her hand in her handbag, but not before giving us warning glares that we weren't finished here. I shared a look of relief with Jessica, while Mrs. Jung answered her cellular device.

"Yes?" She said irritatedly. We all stood silently as Jessica's mom's annoyed expression changed into a calm and quite excited look.

"Okay, okay. We're coming." And with that she hung up. Looking back up at us, she announced.

"We will deal with this next time. Right now, Jessica and I have to head to the airport." Jessica gave her a bewildered look.

"Why?" Mrs. Jung looked at her daughter and there was a sparkle in her eyes.

"We have to pick someone up, who's finally coming back." 

~~~

 

Annyeong my fellow readers! So we have a new character popping up soon....

Anyone have a guess at who it is? ^^

Look forward to next update!

 

~~~Your Authors~~~