Party Time!

I Accidentally Fell In Love With My Enemy -- ON HIATUS

Jonghyun's POV

I returned to the house in record time of 30 minutes after picking Key's gift. I heard shuffling of feet in Jessica's room and guessed that she was still getting ready. Placing the wrapped up box on the coffee table, I walked over to my own room to get ready.

After changing into a nice v-neck polo and jeans, I stepped out of my room. Smoothing out my shirt, I took a step to have Jessica's bedroom door slam open. I sighed in relief. I thought girls took forever to change. I checked my watch.

"It's only 5, are you rea--Tiffany?" I said in bafflement when I watched her walk out of Jessica's room. "You're still here?"

"Yeah, thought you could get rid of me easily, huh?" She smirked, and analyzed me. Her eyes looked me up and down, then back at my face. "Hm, so maybe a pinkish or blue blouse Jess!" Tiffany shouted back into the room. I cocked an eyebrow.

"What are you still doing here?" Tiffany tapped her chin, still looking at my attire.

"Helping Jessica get ready. Duh. She needs a Tiff-perspective when it comes to parties and fashion." Then her eyes lit up. "Violet!" She rushed back into the room. I groaned and smacked a hand over my face. Should have guessed it would take her more than an hour to pick an outift.

I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle and strode over to the living room. Plopping onto the couch while turning on the tv, I glanced at my watch. "Yah! Don't take more than an hour in there!" I called.

 

// 1 hour and 30 minutes later... //

I had fallen asleep after watching an episode of some drama. I didn't realize the time, until I heard someone yell my name.

"YAH! DINO-HEAD!" A familiar voice yelled. I jumped a couple feet up in the air with a yelp. My head landed on the arm of couch and I grunted in pain. Rubbing the side of my head with my eyes still half-closed.

"Ow..." I wiped my sleepy eyes. "I'm awake...I'm awake..." Slapping my cheeks, I turned my head to scold Tiffany for waking me up so abruptly.

"YAH! TIFFANY HWANG! CAN'T YOU WAKE ME UP A LOT GENTLER?! IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU GIRLS TAKE TOO LONG--" I stopped mid-sentence of my rant when I realized that the person who had woken me up wasn't Tiffany. Jessica crossed her arms sullenly.

"Do I look like my best friend to you?" She snorted. I was about to reply, when my eyes took in what she was wearing before enlarging to twice its normal size. Jessica was wearing her party attire and let me say, it completely said the word--HOT. Her slender legs were being hugged mid-thigh with a black skirt. She was constantly trying pulling it down. Her violet-colored blouse loosely hung on her, almost see-through except for a thin tank-top she was wearing. And to top it all off, she was holding a pair of black stiletto pumps in her other hand. 

 

Jessica's POV

I felt Jonghyun's intense gaze on me and I couldn't help but feel a little self-concious. While nervously, pulling down my dangerously short skirt, I cleared my throat loudly. Jonghyun snapped his attention back up to my face. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yah, dino. Keep your eyes to yourself." I sneered. Jonghyun blinked before awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck and giving me a soft smirk.

"Who said I was goggling over you?" I scowled.

"Whatever. Just keep 'em to yourself before I screw them out of your skull." I scoffed, dropping my heels to the ground. Cautiously, I slipped my feet into them. I winced in discomfort. Ugh, do I hate heels.

Jonghyun's eyes grazed me, but not in a flirty way. Concern brimmed his brown orbs. "You don't have to wear those if you don't want to." He murmured. I straightened up, and gave him a look.

"Who said I didn't want to?"

"Okay, let me rephrase that. You don't have to wear those feet-killers if they are eating up your ankles." He bent down, grabbing a box that was wrapped up from the table. I smirked.

"Are you worrying about me?" 

"Pfft. Me? Worrying about you? My name and your name can't be in the same sentence with the word 'worry'." He retorted. I rolled my eyes. This jerk. He headed towards the door, grabbing a navy blue blazer that hung from the arm of the couch. "C'mon. Or we're really going to be late." He said while glancing at his wrist watch and slipping on his blazer.

I hobbled over to the door, the back of my ankle scraping against the edge of heel. Right when I locked the door, I unconciously touched something cold under my shirt. I checked for Jonghyun, but he was too busy getting the car started. I sighed in relief. Taking the necklace from under my blouse, I glanced at the silver 'J' pendant in content. I am not going to a party without this. It gives me the courage to do anything...

"Yah! Hurry up, lady!" Jonghyun called from the car. I hurried over, silently cursing at the shoes on my feet. Dammit Tiffany! Why does my outfit have to be paired with these damn shoes!

I pulled open the car door and slid inside. Jonghyun glanced from the driver's seat. "Ready?" I nodded. He set the car to drive, and backed out of his parking spot in front of the apartment. 

On the way there, I quietly mumbled, "Uh, do I look...okay?" Jonghyun gave me a confused look.

"Huh?" I cleared my throat and looked out the window to hide my flushing cheeks.

"Does my outfit look 'hot' enough for you? I mean because Tiffany chose it and I didn't really know what the theme would be so we just picked more of a 'party' kind of thing. But I didn't want it to be too formal so I didnt go for a dress--" I stopped babbling when I heard Jonghyun chuckled from beside me. I closed my mouth and crossed my arms. "What?" He shook his head.

"Nothing. But you don't have to worry about anything." He said, his eyes still on the road. When I didn't answer him, he turned to me and put on a genuine smile.

"You look good, okay? So stop worrying about nothing." He shifted in his seat and cleared his throat before focusing on what was in front of him. I stared at him for a while, stunned at the smile on his face. I've never seen him smile like that for a long time...

I quickly mentally scolded myself for thinking that and turned to look at the passing scenery. 

We arrived in less that 15 minutes. Jonghyun parked the car and headed out. I took in my vicinity. Key's house was huge. About the size of my old house with my parents. There wasn't many cars in his driveway so I figured that it didn't quite start yet. I was startled when my door was suddenly yanked open. Jonghyun bent over and gave me a look.

"You coming?" Tentatively, I stepped out. Jonghyun pushed my door closed before locking his car. "Let's go!" I noticed the big wrapped up box under his arm to be Key's gift and followed him. We stopped at the front door and glanced at each other. Noting the awkwardness, we looked away. I rubbed my arm nervously. Awk-ward.

Before Jonghyun could knock, the door swung wide open. Taemin appeared in front of them. When he recognized us, he grinned. "HYUNG! YOU CAME!" Taemin squealed and went over to hug him. Jonghyun took a step back and held a hand out.

"Woahh, no hugs. Those are saved for the bithday boy only." Jonghyun stated. 

"Did someone call my name?" Key appeared next to Taemin. Both of them were wearing tuxes, except less formal than the ones you wear to weddings. Taemin's hair was covered with gel, while Key kept his hair straight and 'perfect'.

"Not really. I said 'birthday boy'." Jonghyun then smiled and held the box out. "Happy birthday!" Key beamed, while Taemin took the big box shaking it curiously.

"Oooh, hyung brought a huge box. I wonder what's inside..." Key snatched the gift away from him.

"Yah, this is mine." Then he turned his head and noticed me. His eyes widened.

"J-Jessica?" Taemin looked at me too and his eyes rounded, as if just noticing me. I narrowed my eyes to slits and glared at them.

"Took you long enough to realize that I'm here." I snorted. Both guys gasped and looked me up and down. I blushed lightly. What the hell!? I shouldn't have worn this!

"Omo, hyung! I didn't know you were going to bring noona!" Taemin gasped again. Jonghyun smirked.

"Why, impressed?" He folded his arms and looked over at me too. I covered my face in mortification.

"Can you guys STOP checking me out? Goodness." I stormed pass them. I heard their snickers and Key say, "You definitely hit the jackpot." I scowled, but couldn't feel a little happy. I had impressed them, by wearing this ridiculous outfit. Smirking, I limped my way over to Key's living room. Onew and Minho were lounging on the couch when they looked up and gaped at me.

"What the--?" 

"Stuff it. I'm Jonghyun's date. If you have anything to say about what I'm wearing or why I'm here go shove it up your asses or complain to Jonghyun." I pointed a warning finger at them. Minho held his arms up in surrender, while foolishly grinning. 

"You look..." Onew couldn't finish his sentence before I glowered at him. He abruptly shut his mouth. 

The other guys came in and the two shouted in unison, "Jjong!" 

Jonghyun jumped. "Yah! Don't scare me like that." He chided. Key clasped his hands together.

"Let's get this party started!" He whooped and the others cheered. As if right on cue, the doorbell rang. Taemin bolted over to the door, exictedly screaming.

"I'LL GET IT!" 

I couldn't hide the chuckle that escaped my lips. Maybe, it was worth coming to this party...

Or maybe not.

~~~

 

Mianhae ppl! I am having a cold case of writer's block for my other story so while figuring that out I wrote this chappie. Anyways, enjoy! :) I want to thank all of my subbies because their comments are so awesome and motivate me :D

GOMAWO! ;D