Past Revisited

I Accidentally Fell In Love With My Enemy -- ON HIATUS

Jessica's POV

We stayed like that for another split second, before I pulled away and stood up glowering at him.

"What the hell?!" I shrieked. He stood up abruptly.

"Jessica, I--" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Whatever." I stomped away from him and slammed the door to my room. I crashed onto my bed and breathed in heavily.

Me and Jonghyun...just kissed?!

WHATTHE?!

This CANNOT be happening to me...AGAIN!

I gasped when I screamed that thought in my head...

Again...

I felt panic rise up in my throat. I can't kiss the man I despise the most. I grabbed my phone and started to stare at it, but unconsciously I started to touch my lips. The scene replayed in my head as fast as I could slap myself hard on the face.

"Ouch!" I yelped in pain. "Jessica Jung you are such a klutz!" I scolded myself. I stood up and started pacing back and forth. I can't tell umma about this...she might move me somehow here else to live as an even worse punishment!

"Eh, but I guess I'd rather live somewhere else than in this stupid old apartment!" I yelled out loud, but covered my mouth when I realized Jonghyun could be outside.


Jonghyun's POV

I watched Jessica's retreating back and I couldn't help but sigh. I rubbed my forehead and lay down on the couch. The scene automatically replayed in my head. When our lips contacted each other I swore that something went off inside me. Her lips were so soft and perfect...just the way he remembered them.

I cringed at the thought. "Jonghyun. You can't through this again." I hissed to myself. But a flashback couldn't stop itself from coming.

**Flashback**

I stood by a huge oak tree by her house, waiting for her to come out. I was invited to her birthday party, you see. I heard shrieks and yelps as they played tag inside the house. I looked down at my hands, a small gift clasped inside. My umma had insisted I buy her a gift and I had chosen this one myself. I glanced at the house again and only heard more gleeful sounds.

I sighed deeply.

Might as well walk home....

But before I could take another step, the door to the house opened and it revealed Jessica herself. Her eyes lit up when she saw me and instinctively she ran over.

"Jonghyun! You made it!" she squealed. My heart thumped against my chest again for the reason I didn't know of. I nodded, and took the time to observe her.

Her light pink dress and plastic tiara made her look princess-like. I took note of a birthday pin that read 'Happy 7th Birthday!'. Her long brown hair was put into long pigtailed ringlets.

I had to grasp onto my chest to prevent my insides from bursting.

My umma was the only other person who knew of my feeling, but whenever I asked her why I was like this she just smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

"Aren't you coming in?" Her sweet voice asked me which snapped my attention back to her. I was hesitant. I didn't really enjoy playing with a bunch of strangers. Especially when most of them are girls. I shook my head, looking down at the gift in my hands.

"This is for you. I hope you like it." I said instead. Her eyes glinted in interest. She took the gift and started ripping it open. I watched her carefully, completely admiring her face. Especially when she saw what was inside.

"Omo! It's so pretty!" she said in awe. She held up a necklace with a letter 'J' for Jessica. I blushed madly.

"You like it?" She cocked her head to the side as if thinking. Then she shook her head. I frowned, a little hurt 

"I LOVE IT!" She said happily. I felt relieved. She adored the necklace and tried to put it on herself. I took it from her and asked her to turn around.

My umma had taught me how to put necklaces on before, since she asks me to do that kind of stuff to her. Once I clipped the lock around her neck, she faced me and smiled. "Gomawo Jonghyun oppa!" She said. I smiled at her.

"You're welcome." I said meekly. I looked down at my hands and noticed that they were fidgety all by themselves. I tried to keep myself calm, and hadn't taken notice of Jessica giggling at me.

"Oppa~~ come inside and play with my friends!" She began tugging on my arm. I shook my head firmly. "

Mianhe Jessica. B-But...er...I have to go home early. I just wanted to give you the gift." I stammered an excuse. I honestly did not want to go in there, but I felt bad if I just told her that. She pouted, but nodded understandingly.

"Okay, bye oppa!" She waved and we heard someone call her name.

"Coming Tiff!" Jessica answered. She was about to go, when I grabbed her wrist.

"Wait!" I couldn't really believe what I was doing. I quickly pulled my hand back. "I-I..."

"What is it oppa?" She asked, and before I could even resist, I leaned in my eyes shut and kissed her lips. My eyes were closed so I didn't see her reaction, but I was guessing that she was pretty surprised and kind of upset. She pulled away. Her sweet smiling face was wiped off.

She have me a face of disgust and utter horror.

I gasped at myself, trying to explain. "Jessica, I--" But I felt a cold slap right across my face.

"Why did you do that! You just stole my first kiss!" she yelled angrily at me. And with that she stomped into the house, not ever looking back. The next day at school, she didn't talk to me. She completely ignored my presence. At lunch I tried to approach her. She was carrying her lunch to her table, sipping on her orange juice. When she saw me, she glared.

"Jessica. I'm sorry..." But she didn't let me finish, because the next thing I knew I was being drenched with orange juice which dripped across my face.

I gaped. A lot of laughter was echoing throughtout the lunchroom. My stomach churned. My feelings were instantly crushed. And suddenly all I felt for her was complete hatred.

I didn't like her anymore. And ever since then, we have been constantly fighting and arguing and getting in trouble.

~~~

I shuddered when the memory was over. Looking back I stared at the door of Jessica's bedroom door.

Yes, it was true.

 

I did like Jessica back then.

 

I had feelings for her.

 

She was impossibly one of my first friends.

 

But she crushed my heart.

 

And it's only right for me to return the favor.

 

Jessica Jung, I hate you. Forever.

~~~

Heey my fellow readers! Update here! Enjoy it and comments and new subcribers are greatly appreciated!

 

~~Your Authors~~