Hoya

I love you to the extent that it hurts;

 

Tic Toc Tic Toc michyeo ganda,
Charming eyes humchyeo bonda shimjang,
Gamgagi eopseojin maeumida;

 

Howon wakes up upon hearing the ringing tone from his phone.

 

“Hello, omma?”

“Son, are you still sleeping? Why aren’t you in the office?”

“I’m not feeling well today, I’m taking a day off from the office.”

“Oh I see. Do you want omma to go to your apartment?”

“Aniyo, no need. It’s not that bad, just fever and slight dizziness. I’ve just taken medicine so don’t worry about me. How’s appa?”

“He’s doing fine Howon ah. Arasso, I will hang up now. Take a good rest ok.”

“De omma.”

 

 

 

2 hours later

Howon had just finished shower. He’s feeling a lot better now. In fact, he regrets that he’s actually taking a day off from the office. He could have just bare the dizziness for a while, but he couldn’t help it. He knew that he won’t be able to concentrate.

Oh yeah, about the operation! I should call Myungsoo and ask him about this.

After third tries, he gave up. What is this guy doing not picking up his phone? He must be busy.

Well, since I’m not doing anything at the house, I can go to the hospital myself.  I can visit Woohyun hyung too. He decided to wear comfortable clothes today, a white v-neck shirt and a purple cardigan with a pair of black jeans. 

 

 

At the hospital;

Upon entering the front door, I saw Hana sitting at the waiting chair. What is she doing here? Isn’t she supposed to be at work?

 

“Hana? What are you doing here?”

 

She looks up and she was crying.

 

“What’s wrong Hana???”

“Woohyun oppa...”

“Why, what’s wrong with Woohyun hyung???” He went to sit beside her.

 

Suddenly, she hugs Howon tightly and keeps on crying. Howon was shocked. He don’t know what to do but he wraps his arms around Hana and comfort her. After a good 5 minutes, she stops.

 

“Howon-shi, my brother is finally going to be ok! Someone kindly enough to pay for my brother operation!” Her face brightens up.

 

He was stunned. Not because of what Hana had just told him, but because of her face features. He has never been this close around Hana. She’s really pretty. He thought. Her rosy cheek and lips are free from makeup. Her long eyelashes stand out the most. The mole under her lips is definitely an eye catching. Her round eyes, reminds him of a cat sometimes. At first when he saw her, he thought that she looks a lot like Eunhee, but he was wrong. 

Howon snap back to reality when Hana touches his hands.

 

“Howon-shi, do you hear me?”

“Oh yes, finally!! I’m happy for you and Woohyun hyung.” He smiles.

“I want to know who the donor is. I want to thank him for helping us. I was planning to pay him back but when Dr. Kim said he wants to be an anonymous, I was disappointed. I’d do anything to repay him.”

 

There you go. The reason why I don’t want them to know it was me who’s helping them.

 

“So where is hyung now?”

“He’s resting in his room. D. Kim said that he will need more rest so I don’t want to bother him. What are you doing here though?

Aren’t you supposed to be at office or something?”

“I was taking a day off actually.” He scratches the back of his head.

“Me too. Oh well, I’ve to go now. I want to go to the flower shop and buy some flowers to oppa.”

 

Yes, this is the chance Howon!

 

“Well, would you mind if I come along?”

“Sure Howon-shi.”

 

He actually hated the fact that Hana called him in formal way. But he doesn’t know how to tell her to call him oppa instead. That would be embarrassing if she decline, especially when they didn’t know each other that long enough.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She couldn’t stop staring at Howon when they are in the car. She is surprise to see him in other outfit than his suits. Because she always saw him with his suits, the first time when she bumped into him, and the second time at his brother’s room. He has a sharp jaw line, cute lips, cute eyes, cute nose and thick eyebrows. He has a pretty fingers but that doesn't hide his manly and strong personality. He's also wearing an earring with an infinity symbol on his right side of his ear. She didn't spot any ring on his fingers though, so he's actually single?

 

 

“Why are you staring at me Hana shi? Do I have something on my face?”

 

 

Her face is red as a tomato sauce right now. If it wasn't dark in the car right now, he would have probably going to laugh seeing her blushing face.

 

 

“Oh, aniyo. I was just wondering, aren't you ashamed being friend with us? I mean, we are not rich, didn't have anything else besides each other. And you are rich..” She mumble the last part but loud enough for Howon to hear it clearly.

“Why? Do you think I don't want to be friend with you two because of that? It doesn’t matter whether you are poor or not. Besides, I’m not rich, my parents are.” He laughs.

“Tch, isn’t it just the same?” She pouted.

“Important thing is, I am not ashamed and will never be, to have friends like you and Woohyun hyung.”

“Arasso arasso. Thank you.”

“No need to say thanks Hana ah. Er, I mean, Hana-shi”

“Oh, it’s ok to call me like that, you know. Between, it’s awkward to keep calling me in a formal way now don't you think?” She giggles.

“Haha, I think so too. Oh look, we’re here.”

 

 

They were looking for tulips when Hana spots a flower named Hoya.

 

“Howon-shi, look, it’s a flower called Hoya. Isn’t it cute?”

“Hana ah, you should stop calling me in a formal way too.”

“Ummm.. arasso Howon oppa.”

They both laugh.

“Hoya oppa.”

 

Howon looks around to see whether she was calling someone else but no one is there besides the two of them.

 

“Are you speaking to me?”

“Yes, oppa. Can I call you Hoya oppa now? I like to call my friend with a nickname. Like my brother, his nickname is Namstar. I used to call him Namu because he likes to be under a tree when he’s painting something. But I think Namstar is better than Namu, don’t you think?”

“Haha, Namstar? It’s cute. But why Hoya though?”

“Well, because your name starts with Ho, and and the latter part just pop out in my mind. Besides, this flower reminds me of you somehow. Hehe, I know I’m weird like that.”

“You are not weird Hana ah. Between, I really like the nickname you gave me. Hoya.. Hoya.. Hoya.. Hey, it’s not that bad. I will have to get use to that name now then.”

“Look Hoya oppa, that’s Hana.”

 

 

She pointed to the flower besides him. Oh, he just realised that Hana actually meant flower in Korean too.

 


“It’s a really pretty flower Hana ah, just like you. Look, they both are besides each other, don’t you think they look good together?”

He , and now she is red as a cherry hearing what Hoya said.

“You are cute Hana ah.” He chuckle.

“Well then, shall we buy both of them to Woohyun oppa then?”

“Sure, my lady.”

 

She chuckle when she hears Hoya said that. She was going to pay for the flowers but Hoya beats her to that.

He coughs a lot when they are on the way to the hospital. Hana is worried sick because he kept on coughing but insists that he’s doing just fine. She touches Hoya forehead.

 

“Oh my god, you are burning hot! I think you catch on a fever Hoya oppa. Let’s just go to your house and I will take a taxi from there.”

 

Hoya wants to object but the pain and dizziness from the fever is killing him.

 

At Hoya apartment/condo

 

She decided to take care of him before leaving because she felt bad to leave him just like that. After feed him the medicine, she cooks a porridge for him. While waiting for the porridge to cook, she’s looking around his apartment. It was quite decent, not like she expected from a rich guy like him. When she’s looking at the photo frames, she saw a photo of Hoya and a girl. She wonders who that girl is. Maybe his girlfriend?

She hears someone coughing inside the room. It must be Hoya oppa waking up from his rest, she thought.

 

“Oppa, are you feeling better now. No don’t, you have to rest more”

 

He tries to stand up but stumble back and Hana fell back with him, and now she’s on top of Hoya, looking completely shocked. They are staring at each other’s eyes for a good few minutes before Hoya open his mouth and said;

 

 
 
 
 
Jung Hana, marry me?

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the comments <3

So, what do you think? Will Hana accept Hoya sudden propose? 

I will update the next chapter asap ^^