CHAPTER FOUR

Meant to Be

Song to listen: BTS - Best Of Me

You got the best of me

Whether this is a dream or reality, it’s not important

Just the fact that you’re by my side

Thanks

“So hyung how did it go?”

Jimin looked up from his phone, confused.

“The meeting with Agust D what else” replied Jungkook.

“I-It was ok I guess. He was busy obviously he didn’t have a lot of time” 

Jungkook nodded before asking again.

“He wasn’t an to you right? You can tell me hyung I’ll beat him up for you.” 

Jimin could only let out a small giggle.

“Sure Jungkookie I’m sure you can take him. Now let’s rest before practice starts” he said before making himself comfortable on the couch.

The practices kept getting longer and tougher. It was their first comeback ever and everyone worked hard to make sure that nothing goes wrong. 

Jimin was always the one to work hard but recently he noticed that his hard work didn’t pay off. If he did well during dance practice he would mess up singing practices or vice versa. Recently all of his meals consisted of salads and water but he just couldn’t lose the last few pounds he desperately needed to lose.

There were rare days he managed to go through without getting scolded by anyone. What kept him up at nights tho wasn’t the criticism or his growling tummy. 

He never felt this low in his life. Sure trainee life was hard. Balancing school and training was hard but the feeling of constantly disappointing s and fans… when he got to do what he loves thanks to them… that was what he just couldn’t get over.

“Hyung I’m so proud you didn’t piss of Jimin I didn’t know you could be so nice.”

“I’m always nice you …” Yoongi responded.

They were in his studio, Yoongi working on a new song out of nowhere instead of finishing his other ones.

“Sure hyung…”

“I don’t think that kid can get pissed off anyways…seems too nice.” Yoongi responded carefully not wanting to sound interested.

But… he was interested to say the least. 

He expected him to look good, him to be polite, he expected him to be so many things and Jimin was everything. Everything and more.

He didn’t just look good. He had the prettiest eyes he had ever seen. The fluffiest hair, chubbiest cutest cheeks.

He was polite. Not the “you’re a famous producer and it would be nice to get a song from you” kind of polite other idols he met have been but genuinely nice and polite.

“He is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met hones-.”

“Yeah whatever” Yoongi hummed trying to change subjects.

If there was one thing he hated, it was talking about feelings. It didn’t matter who he talked to even if it was his best/only friend. 

“Anyway hyung congrats.”

Yoongi looked at him confused.

“You know the youtube thing.”

“Ahh…yeah thanks I guess.”

Agust D’s latest music video Agust D became the most viewed hip hop video in 24 hours in Korea. It was expected, as Yoongi’s fame kept rising especially among young people and he kept getting shout outs from the most famous rappers in Korea (even a few international ones). Considering that he was hesitant at first with filming a music video instead of just releasing his mixtape, Yoongi was surprised to say the least. Because he kept locking himself up in his studio and rarely went out it was shocking to see how famous he got in the last year. He was considered a nobody before. He would produce songs for a few idols now and then just to get enough money to live and would invest the rest in his music.

His biggest achievement was having 434 followers on Soundcloud till he released “Give It To Me”. The song that made him who he is. Without that song he would still be a nobody. The song blew up out of nowhere. No shoutouts, no promo. No one could explain the reason for his success. Instead of going down like everyone else (hell even he himself) predicted he released few more songs and a mixtape and if anything he kept gaining fans, fame and money.

And now that hip hop became more common amongst charts and the general audience, his Instagram follow kept rising daily and things he wore became trends.

While Namjoon played lazily on the couch drinking his iced coffee Yoongi focused on the song he has been working on. He didn't have much. No lyrics yet. All he had was a melody he kept hearing in his mind. At first he thought that he heard it somewhere. Maybe it was a song that stuck in his mind. But even after a whole night of thinking he couldn’t come up with a song that sounded like that. 

If the song wasn’t already done he had to make it. Whatever he did he kept getting distracted. Every time he closed his eyes all he could think of were flushed cheeks, small giggles, and a cute eye smile.

As if that person was reading his mind his phone buzzed. 

From: Park Jimin

Congrats on the views sunbaenim ! 

I was definitely amongst the first 100 (^○^)

 

He didn’t know if it was the fact that Jimin used those emojis or the fact that he saw the music video and liked it but reading that text made his heart skip a beat. 

I have to respond, he thought determined… but how? 

 

To: Park Jimin

Thank you. I’m glad you liked it.

Was that too harsh? Hell he even used an emoji and I respond like this, Yoongi sighed.

Jimin on the other hand was on cloud nine. It took him exactly six hours to write the text and find courage to send it. He wasn’t expecting an answer at all and the fact that he got one made him smile so hard that as he was reading the same text for the 12th time his cheeks started hurting. He wanted to continue talking to the older so after thinking about what to respond he typed out something a returned to practice.

From: Park Jimin

You've worked hard !

It'a a simple sentence. It's written out of politeness, Yoongi thought. But why did his heart start aching and his stomach felt sick out of a sudden?