CHAPTER THREE

Meant to Be

Song to listen: BTS - Just One Day

Our BGM is the sound of breathing

Your voice when you say my name

I wanna be locked in you and swim in you,

I want to know you more. 

The next day

“Good job kids we can stop here for now. Jimin don’t forget to practice the intro again. I won’t tolerate any mistakes next time.” 

Bangtan bowed even though they were drenched in sweat and barely had the energy to move after a five hours long practice.

“Jimin-ah you did well today” said the oldest and main dancer of the group. Jimin responded with a little smile.

“Yeah hyung you did good today don’t listen to him-” the maknae was interrupted by the manager who approached the boys with drinks in his hands.

“Not to disturb your fanboying Jungkook but here have some water kids you worked hard”

Jungkook blushed and began drinking the water with lightning speed to avoid anymore embarrassment. As they kept on talking about random stuff the manager spoke up again.

“Jimin-ah I have some news for you… Someone wants to collar with you” 

That made everyone look up. Not being used to too much attention Jimin started blushing trying to find his voice to say something.

“W-what?”

“I said someone wants to do a song with you”

“W-why? I mean who would do that?” 

The idea of someone actually liking his voice just seemed impossible to the younger. 

“Hmm… I’m sure you guys know Agust D” 

Jungkook chocked on his water and everyone’s eyes widened.

“A-agust D?” 

There is no way the Agust D would want to work with little pathetic me, he thought

“Yeah he heard a Bangtan song and immediately fell in love with your voice he wants you to sing in one of his songs.” Seokjin lied effortlessly.

No one spoke up no one could believe that Agust D would actually listen to one of their songs.

“Well Jimin do you want to do it? It would be an expectional opportunity for you” 

“What kind of question is this?! Of course he will do it. It’s Agust D we’re talking about!!” Taehyung exclaimed and Hoseok nodded.

“He is not that great anyway.” Jungkook mumbled to himself 

“Guys guys let Jimin decide for himself. I already took care of everything Jimin-ah the company said yes all you have to do is agree.”

Jimin thought for a few minutes before saying: “I don’t think I can do it hyung. Like the others said he is Agust D he sold millions, worked with the most amazing people. I don’t think I’m worth a feature in his song to be honest. I’m sure people will hate it anyways and that will effect Bangtan…” and he wasn’t trying to act shy or down-to-earth to whatever. He genuinely thought that Agust D the person everyone in the industry looked up to (not for his personality obviously but his success) was just too talented, too famous … just too good to work with him.

“Come on Jimin you won’t get another chance” Hoseok said.

“Yeah I know people will love it” Taehyung agreed.

Everyone looked at Jimin in anticipation. Feeling proud of s’ encouragement he could only nod in agreement his mind still full of doubts.

“Ok Jimin just relax he is a human just like you and me, no need to be nervous” the manager said looking at the idol who looked like he was about to throw up.

Seokjin and Jimin were standing in front of BH Entertainment also known as one of the biggest hip hop record labels in Korea.

“I-I’m relaxed hyung.” Jimin answered trying to sound as convincing as possible.

Seokjin could only sigh before starting to drag him inside the building.

As soon as they entered Jimin was ready to leave. Everyone looked so attractive and expensive as if they were walking on a runway. He always heard about how their hits top charts and how much profit the label makes but what he was seeing was topping everything he imagined about them. He didn't fit in and everyone could tell he was getting curious stares from people passing by. 

They approached the front desk and the manager spoke up.

“Hi we’re supposed to meet Rapmonster but I’m not quite sure where we’re supposed to go.” he said. 

The girl didn't look delighted at all as she was checking them out from top to bottom. She tried to smile politely (but she ended up looking scarier) before saying: “Ah…I’m not sure if he is available right now. Do you have an appointment?”

Intimidated by her attitude Jimin made himself even smaller and tried hiding behind his manager. Seokjin on the other hand was getting impatient and no one could deal with a pissed off Seokjin.

“I don’t but I’m pretty sure he is expecting us.” 

“Well I’m afraid I can’t help-” She was interrupted by someone.

“Oh hyung! There you are I was waiting for you” 

The three of them saw Rapmonster himself approaching them with a smirk on his face.

“Yeah… I was about to call you because someone wouldn’t let us in.” 

The girl looked down quickly while Seokjin was busy staring holes in her.

“Oh yeah they are like hundreds of fans trying to go through her everyday. She’s really the best at her job” Namjoon laughed but Seokjin wasn’t amused at all and kept staring at her until Jimin coughed slightly.

“Whatever let’s just go.” Seokjin said all he wanted to do was get out of her sight.

As they were approaching the elevator he introduced the idol.

“So yeah Namjoon this is Jimin. You remember him?” 

“Of course I do. Nice to see you again Jimin-ah” 

The younger was still amazed by his environment and all he could utter was a small “Thank you sunbaenim” 

They got off the elevator on the 5th floor and got into a meeting room which made Jimin even more nervous than he already was.

“Relax Jimin” he heard his manager say.

“I’m sure Yoongi hyung will be here in a few minutes he’s never late.” Namjoon said as Seokjin scoffed. Jimin sensed the awkward atmosphere but there was nothing he could do about it as he was busy trying to calm himself down before he ended up in an anxiety attack.

The door opened and Yoongi walked in. To say that Jimin was star struck would be an understatement. He never saw anyone this famous up close before. 

Even if this thing doesn’t work out i can say that I breathed the same air as Agust D, he thought to himself.

He immediately stood up and bowed several times before Seokjin gestured him to sit down.

After looking smugly at his friend Yoongi looked at Seokjin and then Jimin.

“What’s up Jin hyung and… what was your name again?”

“J-Jimin. It’s n-nice to me-meet you sunbaenim”

“Yeah whatever. Try to keep the stuttering at a minimum” he replied coldly.

Jimin wasn't really surprised as everyone knew about Agust-D’s personality but he was still taken aback. Not sure what to respond he just kept quiet.

His manager on the other hand was annoyed to say the least. If looks could kill Min Yoongi would be dead by now.

Namjoon laughed awkwardly, trying to lift the mood. 

“Hahaha hyung you’re so funny…isn’t he so funny?” he asked but no one was in the mood to joke around.

“I don’t have a lot of time.” Yoongi said warningly. 

“Yeah I know. Hyung how about we drink a coffee while they talk about music?” Namjoon asked Jin knowing damn well that he wouldn't leave Jimin alone with Yoongi.

“I’m sure they can talk about music in front of us Namjoon”

“Not when you’re busy trying to kill me with your eyes” Yoongi responded smirking.

While they were having a staring contest Jimin interrupted them.

“Hyung it’s okay you can go” he said quietly. 

You can’t make him deal with everything for you Jimin you’re really good for nothing, he thought.

If it was about anything else Seokjin would’ve never obeyed to Yoongi but he knew he needed him so he did. “For Jimin, for Jimin” he chanted in his head while he stood up. Namjoon was more than happy to have some alone time with him.

“Jimin-ah just come down when you’re finished… or if he’s being an like always. I’ll be waiting for you.”

“I’ll be fine hyung.” Jimin responded while Yoongi smirked.

The two left and it was quiet immediately. Jimin couldn’t remember the last time he felt so awkward and intimidated.

Yoongi stared at him while Jimin looked down. He couldn’t find the courage to look him in the eyes.

Yoongi on the other hand continued to check him out. From his perfectly styled hair to his properly put together outfit. He was used to his kind. Perfect little kids who were trained to look and act a certain way and in his past he did his best to avoid ending up like them.

“Well…looks like we’re alone kid” he said jokingly.

Jimin on the other hand couldn’t help but blush. 

“Y-yes sunbaenim” Jimin responded quietly before daring to look Yoongi in the eyes for the first time.

Oh , Yoongi thought. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of his pretty flushed face. 

Stop it. It’s his job to look pretty. Every idol is pretty.

“L-let’s keep the introduction part short.” It was the first time he properly looked into Jimin’s eyes and it was Yoongi’s turn to stutter.

“I’m sure you already know me I gue-.”

“O-of course I do I’m a big fan sunbaenim.” Jimin exclaimed out of a sudden making Yoongi laugh.

“I didn’t know you could talk so loudly.” 

The younger blushed even deeper trying to make himself small in his seat and Yoongi could talk like this all day if he could keep staring at his pretty face. 

“I’m sorry” was all Jimin could say.

You embarrassed yourself again, he thought.

“It’s okay relax Jimin.” 

Jimin could feel his heart skip a beat when Yoongi said his name.

“Well do you have something to tell about yourself?”

“I’m Park Jimin” he said bowing slightly. Yoongi couldn’t remember how many times Jimin bowed to him he lost count after the fifth time.

“I’m 19 and a member of Bangtan and… I like cats.”

“Good to know I guess.” Yoongi laughed at his awkwardness. 

This kid is really something else, he thought.

“Do you have something in mind do you want to do?”

“Hm?”

“You know about the song.”

“Oh y-yeah I don’t mind at all I’m already grateful for this opportunity I’ll do anything you want really.”

Yoongi couldn’t stop his filthy mind and before things got too heated in his mind he spoke up.

“I have lots of songs we can just use one of them I guess. Do you sing or rap?”

Didn’t he listen to our song? Jimin thought.

“I sing.” he responded quietly.

“Okay I’ll find a song but I don’t have a lot of time so I’m not sure how many times we’ll be able to meet so let’s just exchange numbers.”

To say that Jimin was thrilled would be an understatement. He was going to have Agust D’s number.

Jimin pulled out his phone and Yoongi grabbed it. He typed in something, called his phone with it and handed it back.

“I’ll message you when I’m free I guess” Yoongi said and Jimin could only nod still not believing the Agust D would actually give him his number.

After bowing and saying his goodbyes Jimin went out to look for his manager.

As he entered the elevator he could feel his phone vibrate.

From: MY

It was nice meeting you Park Jimin.