CHAPTER TWELVE

Meant to Be

Song to listen: BTS - 24/7 = HEAVEN

24/7 all day, I only thought of you

Our first date that I’ve been waiting for

I think it’ll be a special day

 

Yoongi was in his studio, lying on the couch and watching M Countdown. It was Bangtan’s fourth performance that week and Yoongi somehow managed to watch all of them live and he wasn't going to miss this one. The first week of promoting a song was usually the busiest so he rarely contacted Jimin. Only occasionally he would text the younger a good luck text and would get really cute answers.

Namjoon, who was out getting coffee for both of them as they were working together on a song, entered the studio.

“Hyung for someone who hates idols you sure do watch a lot of music shows.”

“What?”

“Just saying you know. Maybe you’re a secret fanboy.” Namjoon laughed as if he had made the funniest joke ever but Yoongi didn't even bother looking up or responding.

The younger decided to lay down as well so he squeezed himself on the coach, slightly crushing Yoongi. 

“You ing giant.” Yoongi mumbled under his breath and even though he would never admit it he kind of liked how Namjoon would show his affection physically.

“Is it Gfriend? Or Twice? Hyung they're cute right?” 

The older was about to go off and drop him off the couch but he heard the MCs announcing that Bangtan was next so his quickly looked at the TV again.

“OOORRR is it a little cutie named Jimin??”

He continued annoying Yoongi and even squeezing his cheeks. That’s it, Yoongi thought before he violently pushed Namjoon with all his strength making the younger fall down on his .

“You’re such an .” Namjoon said laughing, feeling proud that he had successfully annoyed Yoongi.

“Shut up.”

“Hyung just say that you like him. It’s not a ing crime.”

“I don’t like him.”

“Yeah sure. You act like you don't care but you’ve been showing interest in him for months now.I swear every time you get happier you have to…” Namjoon was about to go off and rant about how Yoongi should man up and just admit that he liked Jimin and that he made him happy but a loud “Will you shut tf up now!“ from Yoongi made sure that he in fact did shut up because a furious Yoongi was intimidating. Even to his best friend.

They continued to watch the show in silence until Bangtan finished their performance and then Yoongi just turned off the TV. He stood up and sat down in front of his computer.

“Did you finish your lyrics?”

“Yes hyung.”

“Good.”

They continued to work in silence. Both feeling guilty. Namjoon knew that Yoongi didn't like getting questioned about his life and choices and Yoongi knew that he should try to confront others in a calmer manner but he just couldn't control his anger sometimes.

They avoided talking about their little argument until Yoongi’s phone buzzed. He looked at the screen and saw that Jimin had sent a text, asking him about his day. He always makes sure to ask even on his busiest days, Yoongi thought smiling fondly. 

“Is that Jimin?” Namjoon asked carefully. Yoongi nodded. 

“How did you know?”

“Don’t know… you usually don't smile because of texts.”

Yoongi looked away. He didn't even get texts usually.

“Hyung can I say something? But don’t get mad please.” Namjoon looked like a kicked puppy so Yoongi nodded again.

“I know that it’s hard for you. This feeling thingy you know. But I think that you should allow yourself to be happy. You don't have to live your life like this. All alone and miserable. Every time you find something that makes you happy, you distance yourself from it. I know what you're afraid of but not everyone will leave you.”

Namjoon looked at the older and he could tell that he hit close to home but he continued.

“I know Jimin. He’s been with Seokjin for years now. He’s a good kid and I trust him. You should trust him too. Hell he can make you smile like an idiot with a text and he probably only texted something like what’s up.” Knowing how true that was made Yoongi smile.

“I’m not sure Joon.”

“Hyung come on. What’s the worst that can happen? He can say he doesn't like you like that and you guys would stay friends. But is it that really worst than this? Not knowing what he feels for you when you feel like a love sick puppy?”

He could ing leave after making me get used to him, Yoongi thought. He wasn't sure with how many abandonments he could deal with before completely going nuts.

Namjoon could tell that Yoongi was contemplating so he continued.

“You can take things slow you don't have to confess on your first date. Just get to know him more and eventually start dropping hints.”

“Yeah because you're an expert right? You literally had one boyfriend but ed up and now he hates both of us.”

“H-He doesn't hate me… or you. He just doesn't trust us anymore. Anyway that’s not our topic. Will you ask Jimin out?”

“I guess I can try… He’s busy anyway.”

“Yeah he’s quite popular recently if I was you I would hurry up and grab him before someone else does.” Namjoon smirked. 


 

Bangtan were currently in their van on their way to an interview. The last few days have been really hectic. They constantly had something to do. Performing, doing interviews, v lives and much more. 

But Jimin was happy. He was so anxious about the comeback that seeing how well the song has been doing made him really happy. 

He had sent a text to Yoongi earlier that day just to check on how he’s been but he didn't get an answer yet which disappointed him a little bit.

After arriving at the TV station and they were immediately taken to the set as they already got styled earlier. 

The interviewer was a middle aged woman. The boys joked around amongst themselves saying she looked like the cute aunt who would always low-key roast others at family events.

Because they were still rookies doing live interviews wasn't easy for them especially with an audience but Jimin could always depend on s to say something funny or witty and make people laugh, especially Taehyung and  Hoseok. The two of them would always handle any social situation while him and Jungkook would look lost. It was definitely something Jimin wanted to change about him. He wanted to be able to speak up and express his thoughts and opinions a lot more. He was analyzing the fans sitting in the audience there was a surprisingly huge amount of fans. He tried to make eye contact with each of them and smile to show his gratitude for not leaving them alone. 

“So Jimin what went through your head?” 

He heard the lady say and suddenly all eyes were on him. Jimin could feel his cheeks blushing immediately. Seeing his confused face she spoke up again.

“I mean it must’ve been great to see that you could impress so many people with just a picture.”

Oh that’s what this is about, Jimin thought.

“Y-yes I was really thankful. Also I wanted to say thank you to the person who posted that picture and also everyone who left nice comments.” He answered and continued after thinking for a few seconds.

“I hope that they like our music as well and all become fans now.” He said smiling charmingly and could hear a few fangirls screeching.

“Well after seeing your eyesmile I’m sure everyone watching this will become a fan.” The lady said smiling.

The interview ended quickly and the boys had the rest of the day off. The interviewer was a really nice and polite woman, who asked all the right and appropriate questions. She didn't seem to be biased unlike many other interviewers they had met. So they all felt really thankful.

Jimin was just lying on the couch while the other members were playing a game as he felt his phone buzz and saw that he finally got a text from Yoongi.

 

From: Yoongi Hyung

I’m good Jiminie how are you?

You must be really busy with promotions 

To: Yoongi Hyung

I’m good too hyung, just thankful that the song is doing good 

It’s okay actually we even got off today 

From: Yoongi Hyung

Oh so you have nothing to do rn?

To: Yoongi Hyung

yeah we had a interview earlier 

and now we’re done for today (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

From: Yoongi Hyung

Do you want to go out maybe

Today

With me

To: Yoongi Hyung

Go out? Where?

Jimin was really confused. Why would Yoongi want to hang out all of a sudden? He sure had cooler friends whom he could go out with. 

From: Yoongi Hyung

Idk get dinner or something 

Or just coffee if you don't have much time

Well this sounded like a date to Jimin. But Yoongi would never ask him out on a date right? Why would he? Should I ask, Jimin thought and before he could stop himself he typed.

To: Yoongi Hyung

Do you mean like a date?

Waiting for an answer for a minute felt like a month to Jimin and he had started to make plans on how he would move to China  and where he would work if Yoongi started freaking out. Of course not a date you idiot, he thought as he finally got an answer.

From: Yoongi Hyung

Yes

I mean if you want it to be

It’s cool if you don't we can just hang out 

To: Yoongi Hyung

No I would love to

go out on a date with you I mean lol

From: Yoongi Hyung

Oh okay

can I pick you up at 6 then?

To: Yoongi Hyung

Yes see you @6

Now Jimin was freaking out because he got a date with Yoongi hyung and he didn't have anything to wear. If this was anything else he would just throw on random comfy clothes and get out of the house. Well this is our first date I have to look special, Jimin thought.