CHAPTER ELEVEN

Meant to Be

Song to listen: BTS - 21st Century Girls

You look elegant, elegant also you’re pretty, pretty

You shine, shine. You’re the truth and the reason

The feedback on Run was positive. It was so positive that it felt unreal to Jimin. Sure they worked their asses off but the response they were getting was pretty much comparable to rookie groups from big companies and despite being tired all the time because of their schedules the members were schedules the happiest they have been for a while. Even Jimin.

When he first debuted he thought that he had waited for so long and worked so hard that failing wasn't an option. But he felt like he had failed. He used to read comments online and a lot of them targeted him. They said that he was an average dancer and average singer, that he had a couple of pounds to lose to be able to fit in with s. Some even said that the group would’ve been better as a trio. One comment would be enough to ruin his whole week. He would find himself thinking about them at night and he would rarely get a good night of sleep.

Reading them made him sad and as he was really close to s they could tell Jimin wasn't feeling good. Eventually they found out why and told him to not read any comments. He didn't stop immediately but as he felt like he worried his friends too much he decided to focus on practice instead of those comments. But at times he would still read them and that would result in him not being able focus on his music.

That day something weird happened. His manager actually asked him to read comments about him. To say that he was confused would be an understatement.

“Why hyung?” he asked.

“Just trust me Jimin-ah” was all Seokjin said.

Eventually Jimin found himself on nate pann where basically every issue concerning idols would get discussed by netizens. One of the trending topics was titled:

“What is this idol’s name? Help!!” and Jimin clicked on it. He started reading.

“Hi everyone! I have a question. I saw this picture on twitter and was wondering who this idol is. I mean the in the middle with the orange hair.He is so cute!! Thank you in advance!!~”

As he scrolled down he saw the picture and it was actually a picture of Bangtan. 

He scrolled down again to read the comments. 

His name is Park Jimin please give him lots of love [ +6202 | -41 ]

WOW his visuals are on point!!! He looks cute but y [ +5694 | -98 ]

This noona wants to know too ㅋㅋㅋ [ +5131 | -14 ]

That’s our Jimin from Bangtan ♥ ♥ [ +3982 | -30 ]

These were the top comments and Jimin could tell that there was a massive amount of positive comments about him. As he scrolled down further he could feel his eyes watering. He was beyond thankful. It was the first time he received so much love. As he continued reading he got a text. It was from Yoongi. Jimin didn't have any time to text him these past days so he was really happy that Yoongi had texted him. 

From: Yoongi Hyung

Looks like someone’s too famous to text me now

To: Yoongi Hyung

Hyung I was busy ㅠㅡㅠ 

From: Yoongi Hyung

Yeah sure

Looks like I have to make an account for your 

fan cafe now to check up on you

Reading that made Jimin laugh so much that the other members in the room eyed him curiously. He started typing with a huge smile on his face.

To: Yoongi Hyung

someone is petty today…

From: Yoongi Hyung

I thought I was your favorite hyung…

To: Yoongi Hyung

I don’t recall saying that lol

From: Yoongi Hyung

Oh I see how it is

To: Yoongi Hyung

I’m joking hyung

you are actually my fave (◕ᴗ◕✿)

From: Yoongi Hyung

Of course I am 

Jimin was glad that they became close enough to joke around. A few months ago even talking to Agust D would be a dream for him but now they would actually consider them as friends. 

Are we friends?, Jimin though for a second. Considering their statuses, social life and friend groups they couldn't be more different but Yoongi really treated him as a friend. That was what made Jimin puzzled at first because sunbaes treated them a lot differently before. 

Why is he so nice?, Jimin thought.

Even thinking about Yoongi being insincere made his heart hurt so he quickly dropped that subject and continued reading online comments about him as he wasn't sure when he would ever get so many nice feedback again.

Yoongi had finished all the songs and his album was set to get come out in two weeks so basically all he could do now was sit and wait. But if there was one thing he couldn't do it was not doing music. If he wasn't sleeping or eating he would work on his music. Every one admired him for his dedication and he heard a lot of people say  “Well he is an but at least he is working hard”.

He did that to improve his music. When it came to hip hop it was important to drop songs regularly to make sure people don’t forget about you. But another reason why Yoongi was basically working for 15 hours a day was to keep himself busy because otherwise he would start thinking and that was never a good thing for him. 

He used to think a lot when he was younger. About life in general and a lot about his own life. It would always end up in him getting mood swings, loosing weight and having trouble sleeping.

At some point it was so bad that he wouldn't be able to go outside. On his fourth day of staying locked up in his room and eating the minimum his then roommate Namjoon dragged him out. He was sick of seeing his friend like this and not being able to do anything. As he knew that Yoongi didn't have any physical illnesses he made sure the older saw a psychologist. Ever since then Yoongi went to regular sessions. He was diagnosed with a bunch of mental disorders depression being one of them. Eventually Yoongi developed certain defense mechanisms and one of them was working. Working hard enough that there would be no space left in his mind for anything negative. When he failed to do so he would either lock himself up again or he would go out and cause trouble. He may be a superstar among hip hop fans but the general public was torn in two when it came to Agust D. Some loved him for his supposedly bold and confident style while others though that he was just a kid who got rich out of a sudden and didn't know how to deal with the money and fame.

As he was working on a new beat he thought of Jimin. They hadn't talked for a few days and Yoongi had texted him eventually to find out how they younger was doing. They talked and joked around before Jimin had to go to another schedule. For the last few months talking to Jimin would always be the highlight of his day and today was no exception. He had no idea why he was so affected by the younger. Namjoon would jokingly say that it was a crush but Yoongi wouldn't know because he never had one.

He decided to listen to Tony Montana again. Jimin did a good job for a rookie and the song had all it takes for a hit. Yoongi really hoped that people would like it. Not for his sake but for Jimin’s because after all that was the reason why they had approached Yoongi in the first place. To make a good song, feature Jimin on it and make sure that people notice Jimin. 

It’s not like he needs my help people are smitten by him, Yoongi smiled. He rarely read anything written by netizens. For him they were a bunch of lazy people who found joy by dissing celebrities online but Namjoon had approached him earlier saying that he should check out nate pann. He saw how many people liked Jimin and how many people were curios about him. He felt like Jimin finally got what he deserved all along. 

Yoongi continued working while imagining the smile on his Jimin’s face while reading all the nice comments about him.