Thirst

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9

Thirst

-----xoxo-----

 

 

"Stupid!" Jeajoong exclaimed in rage. "How can you let her slip out of your hand that easily. She a human, frail and powerless. " 

"I swear to your my lord,  I almost got her but the nightcrawler came and... " he trailed off when noticed the Jaejoong was glaring at him.

"And how about you, Jin?..." He turned to Jin, who flinched in Jaejoong raging voice. " What the did you do?"

"Forgive me, my lord, I never going to do that again. I was drawn by desire to beat Lisa so I forgot my mission. I  assure I'll get her next time. "

"There's no ing next time, you idiot!"Jaejoong shouted. " I'm sending a different unit."

Jin kneeled in front of Jaejoong and begged "No,  my lord. Just give me another chance. I'll... I'll ---""

"Get out of my sight. Bring your men with you, before I'll kill you. " Without any hesitation Jin and his men flew out of the room.

"Your daughter finally shown her true intention."  Jaejoong turned to the man  who burst inside the his chamber.

"Lord X, what are you doing here? " Jaejoong demanded.

"Tsk...tsk... I told you, your daughter was never one of us. "

"Shut up, X. " Jaejoong growled. 

" What do you want from that human anyway ?"

"It's personal. Then if you'll  excuse me, I have some important appointment to attain." he said and stalked out of the room.

 

-----xoxo-----

 

The room fell in silents as they listened to Jisoo explaining Lisa's condition.

"As I've stated, the poison was preventing Lisa's ability to heal. I tried everything but I couldn't remove the poison. "

"You're saying that Jaejoong was planning to bleed my daughter to death?" Lady Priya asked.

"But Jennie can cure her, right? " Bam asked, desperately.

"There's no assurance about that as well. " Jisoo said, " But don't worry I'll find way to cure her."

"Jisoo, don't stress yourself. You've done enough, take some rest. Okay. " Lord Abbe raise up from his seat with his wife.

"We ask to see the Queen.  You kid just stay here and have some rest. We'll be back in no time." Lord Abbe said to them. And then he turned to Jisoo.

"Jisoo, do you have any message to her?"

Jisoo shook her head and breathe out. " No. "

Lord Abbe stare for moment before he finally nodded. "Alright. "

 

-----xoxo-----

 

Jennie was quiet as she stole back into Lisa's bedroom. She moved over to the bed and sat next to Lisa, Jennie watch the slight rise and fall of the blanket that covers over Lisa.  She wears nothing but a bandage wrapped about her chest.  She really don't like how Lisa looks.  With all the bruises  and the cuts that she got on her face from the fight, even the cuts from her shoulder and neck was still bleeding. The bandage that was wrapped around it was tinted with her blood. Jisoo tried everything she got to mend the poison but poison was stronger. 

She in a deep sleep, Jennie fingers traced her jaw line, running up her cheek and brush the hair from her forehead. She lean in and kiss Lisa's cheek.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault that you got hurt, if only I'm strong and has power too, then you'll never get hurt again of protecting me. " Jennie whispered.

Jennie took her hand and brought it to her face. Jennie closed her eyes and pressed her cheek against Lisa's palm, feeling the coolness of her hand against her warm skin. 

"It's not your fault, Jennie. "  A faint voice said.

Jennie eyes popped open and saw Lisa's  eyes were opened,

"Lisa? "

Lisa smile weakly, " Hey,  beautiful. "

"Lisa," Jennie scooted over and hugged Lisa,  covering her body over hers.  "Are you all right? "

" I'm more than okay." Lisa said, wrapping her arms close to Jennie.

"I'm so sorry, Lisa. I'm sorry you got hurt because of me. "

Lisa hates the way Jennie's voice shook,  she knows that Jennie was blaming herself for what was happen to her.

She sighed deeply. "Quit blaming yourself. It's not your fault,  I brought this to myself because I was drawn by my anger and lost my senses. "

Jennie leaned to her elbow and was about to resist but Lisa cut her off.

"No. Not going to hear it."

Jennie hesitated and looked conflicted for a brief second until she eventually nodded and settled back into Lisa. Lisa closed her eyes and exhaled deeply. She dreamed of this, laying down on the bed with Jennie wrapped around her arms. And finally it happens.

"Lisa, I know what you are." Jennie whispered, running her hand to Lisa's arms.

Lisa cleared nervously. "Um... Jennie ---"

"Vampire." Jennie cut in.

Lisa eyes widened. "What did you just say? " Lisa breathe.

"I know what you are." Jennie cupped her face. " You're a vampire. Your father told me about it. "

"And you're not afraid of me?" Lisa asked Jennie quietly.

Jennie shook her head. "No." she said firmly.

For a moment  they stay in silence and only stared at each other. 

"Come here. " Lisa said, pulling Jennie head down and kissed her lips.

Jennie pulled back and smiled before she snuggled closer to Lisa but braced for a sign that she've hurt her.  She felt so weird not hearing a single beat of her heart. She doesn't have a heart?  How come Lisa breathe like a normal human being?

Jennie leaned to her elbow again and her heart beat faster, when meet Lisa eyes.

"So,  you've notice? " Lisa asked.

Jennie nodded.  "You don't  have a heart? "

"I do. But it's not... really... " Lisa shrugged. "  our heart beats slower than a human heart rate."

"How slow?" Jennie was fascinated. Lisa saw how Jennie's emotion sweep across her face like confuse, curious and interest.

"Reealllly slowww...to the point that you won't hear it. "

"Hmmm... Interesting." Jennie said smiling to Lisa.

Lisa can't help but laughed  at her reaction.

"What so funny? "

"You just labeled me as an "Interesting" creature while others finds us scary, deadly and dangerous."

Jennie shrugged. "Well, I'm not like the "others"... In fact I feel safer when I'm with you. "

Lisa took Jennie's hand and bring it to her lips, and kiss her palm.  Her Jennie.

Lisa and Jennie heard a clearing of throat and noticed that Jisoo standing beside Chaeyoung and Mino.

" Aw, what a cute couple. " Mino said, stepping in room and sat comfortably to one of Lisa couch.

"You're  finally awake. " Jisoo said, looking directly  to Lisa.

"Witch,  what are you doing here? " Lisa said. 

Chaeyoung gasped. "Lisa."

Jennie slapped Lisa's arms.  "Be nice. She save you, you know. "

"I was only kidding." Then Lisa turned to Jisoo.  "Thanks. " she added with a winked and she meant it.  She was grateful to Jisoo for saving her.

Jisoo nodded once.  "No problem."

"By the way, My parents let you in even though you're  a witch."

"What do you mean?  Aren't  you two are friends. Childhood friends. " Jennie asked confused.

"Who?  Jisoo?" Lisa laughed. "No we're not. That woman hates me. "

"I don't hate you, Lisa. " Jisoo admitted.

Lisa's eyebrows knitted in confusion as she looked at Jisoo.  "You're  not? "

"No." Jisoo shook her head.

"Wait a minutes,  you two are not close with each other. But I thought you're Jisoo's childhood friend. " Jennie asked.

"Who said that? " Lisa asked Jennie.

"Chaeyoung." Jennie turned to Chaeyoung. "Right? "

"Wait.  You two knew each other?" Lisa asked her gazed slide from Jisoo to Chaeyoung.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung looked at each other before their eyes went back to  Lisa who was gazing at them with a serious face.

" So I'm guessing. We really are. "

Chaeyoung nodded and breath out. "Yes. You knew Jisoo. "

Lisa sighed. "Then why you didn't  tell me anything about it, Jisoo? You let me think that you hate me."

Jisoo shrugged. "It's for the better."

Lisa stared at Jisoo with a blank expression. "For the better?..." Lisa tilt her head, eyebrows furrowing in suspicion. "Are you sure about that?  Or perhaps... Are you hiding something from me?"

Jisoo stared back at Lisa, unable to form a sentence. Swallowing, Jisoo shook her head.

She's lying and I'm  going to find it out.  Lisa thought. " Well,  if you say so...but seriously," Lisa grinned. "I still can't get it how come we became friends when all I remember was, we have more fighting than loving. So we have a love and hate relationship then?"

Chaeyoung laughed and Lisa noticed that was Mino smiling too. 

"Yeah,  kind of. " Jisoo said.

And Jisoo finally smiled to Lisa, her real smile for the first time.  It was a brief smile, but for Lisa it was the most genuine moment that happens to them.

"But back to the subject we have early, how come you don't remember Jisoo, Lisa... Did you lost your memory?" Jennie asked, her eyebrows knitted in confusion and curiosity.

Lisa shook her head as grim consumed her. "No.  Someone erased my memory. "

"Who? " Jennie asked her.

 "The council." Lisa said,  she noticed Chaeyoung shifted towards Jisoo and took her hand. Lisa hated the way Chaeyoung's frowning as pain weighing her features.  Her eyes close briefly as Jisoo whispered something her ears. When she finally turned her stare back to Lisa, she offered her a small smile.

"Council? But why? " Jennie continued asking.

Jisoo cleared . "Um... Jennie,  I don't think it's  right---"

"It's  okay, Jisoo. I'll tell her everything" Lisa cut her off.

"Are you sure about? "  Jisoo asked her.

She nodded and turned back to Jennie holding her gaze. The atmosphere in the room  suddenly turned heavy. Jennie blinked, realising that her questions change the mood of everyone in the room. Her and her big mouth. Although she actually wanted to know everything  but if it's only bring some bad memories, then she'd rather not hearing it. 

Jennie cleared loudly. " You know what, nevermind. I'm not interested any longer. "

Lisa shook her head and resisted.  "No.  I suppose you should know this, it's really important that---"

"I said I'm not interested." Jennie snapped, getting up from the bed.

 Lisa stared at Jennie for a moment before she nodded, she reached out for Jennie's hands but...

She felt a sting coming from her shoulder, Lisa hissed in pain a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter