RISKY

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

RISKY

-----xoxo-----

 

 

Jennie got back to her apartment close to Ten thirty pm, She met a good looking man on the neighbourhood asking for direction but after the introduction he suddenly said that he remember it and thank her then he's gone. What a weird night. Jennie sighed, all she wanted to do was take a shower and go to sleep. After taking one, she fell into bed and shut her eyes to sleep.

Jennie looked up, and scanned her eyes to this unfamiliar place. Where am l? What place is this?  She wondered aloud, as if to test the silence.

" This is place is what you call a judgement room." came a voice from behind her. Jennie whirled to see her standing just within a meter away from her, clothed in her long white cloaked, her face hidden by the hood.

" A place of painful memories."

Startled, Jennie took a step back, her eyes trained on her. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Knowing who am I is not important, right now. I'm here to show something."

"I don't trust you " Jennie continued to walk back slowly .

"It's fine if you don't trust me. But I want you to come with me. " She reached out for her hand. "Please." 

"Oookay." Even with an uncertainty, Jennie reached out and lay her hand on the top of her palm. Jennie felt a shiver run up her spine. And her surrounding swirl around and she was suddenly standing in dark hallway lit with  torch lamp . She didn’t like it here. Something is definitely not right here.

"Follow me." The woman with white cloaksaid. Jennie followed the woman in the narrow hall, her footsteps echoing around her. Noise came from ahead. And she  hesitated when a snarl sounded from one  of the doors close  to her.

"What was that?"

"Prisoner." Prisoner? She in a prison? Why did this woman bring her here?

" Don't worry they can't sense you."

"Why?" 

The woman didn't reponse to her, she just keep on walking.  "We're here." The Woman announced. They ended in front of a black double door, secured with lock and chain. It seemed to be the kind of entrance that leads to the basement. The woman touch lock and it was fairly easily unlocked and removed, the door give way revealing a  circular chamber lit with torch lamp .

At the center of the chamber Jennie saw a female feature lying between two large pillars, she was shackled in chains around her neck and wrists. The chains were connected by the big towers.

"Who is she?"  Stepping inside, Jennie  took a cautiously step to take a closer look at her.  The woman has long blonde hair, her slender and tall, she guesses. She was unconscious, her breath shallow. She recognize this woman.

 Jennie stumbled, her heart pounding and tears filling her eyes. She kneels next to Lisa's body and tried to reach her, but her hands will only pass through to Lisa. She tried it again but nothing happens.

"No, no..." Panic prickled down Jennie body. "What's going?  Why I can't touch her?"

Jennie turned to the woman in the white cloak. "You." She said, a sob choking her. "You brought me here , do something! Help her!"

"I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't? Do something now! I'm begging you help her!" Jennie helplessly sob.

"I'm sorry. I just can't. I just can't." Suddenly, the woman in the white cloak vanished in the thin air.

"No! Get back here!" Jennie shouted, begging.

 "Lisa, what happen? Why are you in chain?" Jennie whispered, she look down at Lisa lying on the floor, unconscious and  weak, so weak and hurt.

Jennie wipped her tears and noticed that her hands are disappearing. "No." She stood up and realized that it was not only her hands but also her legs are slowly disappearing. "What's happening?"  There came a rushing sensation, like ride on a rollercoaster. The room dimmed and everything swirling around her, then it stops.

 Jennie sat up in bed, trying to catch her breath. Her eyes open to the sunlight. Wide awake, she glanced over the place.

She's at her room, not in the dark chamber, no woman in the white cloak and no Lisa.

It was a dream, only a dream.

Sighing, drew her knees together, elbows on her knees, face in her hands. It was just a dream, but why does she feels that all of it was real.  

She sat up and decided to take a shower, she's drench by her sweat anyway and she was having her class in an hour.

 

------xoxo-----

 

Jennie heaved a sigh as she listened to her friends chatting. She was still trying to shake away her dream. She felt something is wrong and she's scare to know what it is.

"Oh my God. Did you see the news today? Two  women were gone missing last night and they were found dead at the empty warehouse." Momo who seated in front of Jennie whispered to the girl  seated next to her.

" I saw it as well. The policemen says that, there were two holes on their necks. And they were most likely died because of blood loss. What more suspencious about was, there's no wounds other than those two holes in their neck."

" Oh my. A vampire killed them, then" Momo speculated.

Nayeon snorted. "Vampire? Do you actually believe in that."?

Momo turned from her seat and narrowed her eyes to Nayeon. "Of course. Who do you think killed them?"

Nayeon laughed. " oh please, Vampire doesn't exist. They were only just a myth."

Momo rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Then she turned and started back to gossiping with the girl next to her.

" I saw Mino in the hallway for a while ago. God he's hot." the girl next to Momo fan herself.

"Speaking of Mino, he's friend of Lisa, right?"
At the mention Lisa's name, Jennie turned her head to look at them.

" Yeah, They are.  They're re very close too. "

"What happen to you two by the way. I thought you said that Lisa and you are together now?"

Jennie eyes narrowed, clenching her fist on her lap.

Nayeon turned her head to Jennie, raising a brow she said. "Umm...Jennie?"

Momo sighed. " I thought so." She straightened and smile. "But that doesn't mean that I'm losing hope, I'm going to make her mine, mine, no matter what."

"Oh, so romantic." said the girl next to Momo. clenching a hand to her heart. “ I'm rooting for you and her.” then she sighed. " She's cool and good looking. I'll bet her siblings are the same as her."

"Lisa doesn't have a sibling." Jennie bluttered out. Momo and the girl next to her turned to Jennie. Even Nayeon looked at her with wide eyes.

"How did you know she's the only child?" Momo asked suspenciously.

"Are you close to her?"

"Seriously, everyone knows it." Jennies said.

"No, we don't." Momo said as matter of fact.

"Umm..."  How did she knows about it anyway ? Jennie rock her mind for a memory, but no, Lisa didn't even bring up anything about it.

Nayeon waved a hand in front of Jennie's face. “Earth to Jennie?”

“What?” Jennie said. She pushed Nayeon’s hand down.

“ The answer, how did you know Lisa doesn't have a sibling?” Momo pressed on.

"Um..." Right on time, she saw Jisoo heading towards them.

"Hello guys." Jisoo greeted them.

"Jisoo did!" Jennie stood up, grabbing Jisoo arms and forched her to sit next to her.

"I did what?" The oblivious Jisoo asked

Jennie began to bob her head up and down. "Yes she did."

She turned to Jisoo and smile. "You're the one who told me that Lisa was the only child, right?" She pleaded with her eyes for her to get along.

"Yeah, I did tell her. I heard Lisa and Mr. Park our dean talking about it." Jisoo said without hesitation.

Jennie could've kissed her right now. Really handy friend.

" Whatever." said the girl next to Momo.

"What's that all about?" Jisoo whispered to Jennie.

Jennie shook her head. "Nothing."

"Well, guess who back?" Nayeon said.

"Where have you been this past few days?"

" I was doing something really important. Family business."

"You've missed all the fun. You should come next time."

"May be." Jisoo turned to Jennie.

"You look worn out. Are you okay?"

Jennie sighed and inhaled deeply. “Yeah, I’m all right. I just didn’t have enough sleep."

"She had a nightmare last night." Nayeon said.

"Nightmare? About what?" Jisoo asked, concern.

Jennie  looked away,  " Is not really a big deal. I always having a nightmare since I was a young." And it's true. Even her mom told her that when she was young, eight years old to be exact her mom caught her speaking to herself.

"Hey," Jisoo said, still watching Jennie. Then her concern softened and was replaced by a bright smile. .

" Let's grabbed some lunch together after this. I'm suddenly craving for food at the cafeteria."

"Ew. You like the food at cafeteria." Nayeon commented.

"Well, is way better than your home cook,  though." Jisoo countered, which made Jennie laughed.

"Excuse me. My cooking skill is way above average, you know."

"Says who?"

Nayeon proudly pointed herself. "Me."

Jisoo laughed. "Okay, that is the most funniest thing I ever heard.

"Whatever, Jisoo." Nayeon rolled her eyes. "But I'm you're back, though."

"Did you miss, my Nayeon darling dear." Jisoo teased.

"In your dreams." Nayeon rolled her eyes and tried not to grin. Jennie misses these, the silly banter of her best friends. She's really glad that Jisoo is finally back.

A moment afterwards, her professor walked in. She looked up, straightening in her chair. The bell rang, and Mr. Choi began the day’s lesson.

At the cafeteria, Jennie left the lunch line with trey of her choosen lunch. She set her tray down, sliding it onto the table.

"Hey," she said to her friends and sat down. She picked up her chopsticks and start eating.

Jennnieee... Jennie slowled her chewing, and look at her friends none of them was paying attention to her.

Jennnieee... He swiveled her head and looked over her shoulder. Nothing. Who was calling her? 

Jennnieee... That voice again. The same haunting hiss. It caused the hair on her arms and neck to rise upwards. It's a woman's voice same voice in her dream.

"Jennie." 

"Jennie." Jennie felt someone grabbed her shoulder and she turned fast, her eyes  meet the worry eyes of Jisoo.

"I've been calling your name. Are you  okay?" Jisoo said,  then Jennie looked up and saw the expression from her friend.

 " Did you guys hear it?" she muttered under her breath.

"Hear what?" Nayeon asked, lowering her voice to a whisper.

 Jennie turned  to her as she leaned over the table. "Someone's calling my name."

"Yeah, us." Momo said, furrowing her brows.

"No." Jennie said, shaking her head.

"Not you guys. I know your voices and it's not you."

Jennnieee. There goes again. Please save her. Save Lisa.

Jennie closed her eyes and cover her ears, hoping the voice will get away. "go away.go away. go away."

"Stop it, Jennie." Nayeon breath, as fear shot through her. "It's not funny. You're scaring us."

"Alright, that's it. Let's go out of here." Jisoo grabbed Jennie's arms. 

They walked out the cafeteria together. Jennie head was pulsing from a headache, the moment she heard that voice, her dream from last night came back. Lisa was chain and lying on the floor.She dying. Jennie's knees were shaking and she can hardly walk. Oh my god. Lisa. Something's happen to her. Where she is? Where is Lisa? I really need to see her.

"Jennie hold yourself together." Jisoo slid her arm around Jennie's waist, taking more of her weight.

"Let's get her to the infirmary." Momo suggested.

 Jisoo sudddenly stopped.

“What?” Nayeon asked. When she didn’t answer, she followed the direction of her stare. And saw nothing but an empty hallway with big glass window right at the end of it. Where she could distinctly see the Science and Art building.

"Bastard,” Jisoo breathed. “You guys go ahead. I need to talk to someone first.” Jisoo passed Jennie to Nayeon.

"But Jisoo. Where are you going? We need to take Jennie---"

"I'll catch up with  you guys. I promise. This is important, I need to talk to this person before he'll does  something really bad."

"Hey, Kim Jisoo!" Nayeon protested but Jisoo pivoted to march  toward the empty hallway with rage surging through her with each step she made.

She turned left, glance over her shoulder to make sure no one was there,  the hallway is empty.  Good. Jisoo closed her eyes, in concentration. Air swirled around her, then she teleported herself right into the empty room from the next building, where she felt the presents of a male vampire. A dangerous one. Noble. Sabertooth.

She remained firm in the middle, her blazing red eyes scanning the area. "Reveal yourself." Jisoo commanded.

"As expected from you, Jisoo."  said the man, who stepped out from the dark corner of the room.

Jisoo eyes widened and her nostrils flared. "Jin, what are you doing here?"

" Lord Jaejoong send me here to keep an eye on Jennie."

"That's my job."  Jisoo snarled.

" Which is longer yours." Jin corrected. "From now on, you're no longer Jennie's watcher. I'm taking over your job."

"What do you mean?" Jisoo narrowed her eyes to him. " I've been her watcher for eight years. You don't have the right to order me around."

"It was strictly Lord Jaejoong's order." He stated with a stoic face.

"Leave."  Jisoo growled. "Leave or I will kill you." Jisoo warned him. 

" What you're going to do, fight me?" Jin laughed. " You can't even get a single blow at me. Jisoo."

" You have no idea what I'm capable of, Jin."  Before Jin could  say a word, Jisoo raise her palm directly at him, then twist her wrist and squeeze her finger together. Jin start choking, like something was blocking his airway. Jin dropped on his knees, gasping for air, his hands grabbed his neck and helplessly tried to remove something that is not even there.

Jin turned to Jisoo. “Please...I beg you,” Jin choked up, fear written on his face.

Jisoo raise her other hand and then snapped her fingers. Jin stopped on moving, his eyes rolled back  then his body falls forward and off the floor with a violent bang.

Jisoo took a shaky breath, that was the first time she done it. She was trembling and near exhaustion.

"Well, that was instense." the female voice said with an amusement

Jisoo turned fast and met the cold eyes of Lisa.

"Lisa?" How come she didn't sense her at all. "How long have you been here?"

"Long enough to witness your wrath against that poor guy."  Lisa said, nodding towards Jin's unconcious body.  " You nearly killed your dad's minion."

" I don't have ---What did you exactly say?"

"I know who you are." A tight smile appeared on the Lisa’s lips. 

"And your not going to attack me?' Lisa look over to Jisoo's twitching furiously.

Lisa s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter