Decisions and  Surprises

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

--------@@@@--------

Chapter 4

Decisions and Surprises

---xoxo---

 

 

Lord Abbe leaned forwards to his chair, elbows propped on his knees as he studied his wife, Lady Priya. "The Queen wants that?" he asked.

"Not just the Queen, the Council too." Lady Priya said.

“I see…” Lord Abbe said, thoughtfully, he stood up and walked across the room towards the window."Lady Chaerin, told me about this, but I didn't expect that they were serious."Lord Abbe said, turning now to face his wife. "Have you talked to Lisa about this?"

"Not yet. I wanted to speak with you first." Lady Priya said. "Do you think it kind of suspicious that the Council suddenly wants Lisa to join the squad?" Lady Priya asked her husband. Anxiety rose upon her.

Lord eyebrows furrowed. "What are you trying to say?"

"The last time I remember they clearly stated that they forbid Lisa get involved to any of squad."

"Aren't you glad that the Council finally trust her again."

Lady Priya sighed. "I am....I'm just not sure about her joining them. They might mistreat her."

Lord Abbe laughed. "If you're worried about them bullying her, don't be. Our daughter is much stronger than you think. I'm sure she can handle them very well."

Lady Priya sighed again. "You're right."

Lord Abbe smiled. He walked across the room and went to his wife and put his arms around her. "Don't worry too much, our daughter will be fine."He kissed forehead and looked lovingly to his wife."I'll speak to Lisa later to tell her the good news."

Good news? Was it really a good news or will be another disaster?

 

---xoxo---

 

The Night at the Nightcrawler meeting...

 

"That's all for tonight." The Commander said, Lord Jiyong. Lord Kwon Jiyong, Commander and one of the Grand Master of the Nightcrawlers. A Nightcrawlers are Vampire Warriors that were created by the Vampire Council to combat the growing spread of their enemies, The Sabertooth. While the Grand Master is the highest ranking of Nightcrawlers honored by Vampire Council. They are among the strongest vampire, a member of the noble class and purebloods.

"But before we end this meeting we would like to introduce to you the newest member of Nightcrawler... Lisa." Lord Seunghyun, one of the Grand Master called out.

Lisa stepped out among the warriors line up and made her way to center aisle facing the 5 Grand Masters, Lord Jiyong was in the center position as Commander, Lord Seunghyun to his right, Lord Sol, to his left. Lord Daesung, was at the far end of the table. Lord Seungri, held the other end. At the sight of Lisa, flicker went through the Jiyong's crimson eyes, and a smile played around his serious mouth, but then it was gone and he appeared to be bored again.

"Lisa will be joining the 5th squad .5th  squad,  help Lisa to familiarize your work and your role as well as  the rules and regulations of the Nightcrawler." Seunghyun announced to everyone.  Murmured erupted from the room.

"I heard that she was recommended by the Queen herself." One of the male vampire said.

"I wonder how good she is?..." said the other male vampire who had been rubbing his chin wondering.

Mino, who heard it all, chuckled.

"What’s so funny, Mino?" Jackson asked Mino curiously.

Mino smiled. He shook his head, but keep his eyes fixed on Lisa. "Nothing at all." Just wait and see of what she can do. Mino thought to himself.

 

---xoxo---

One week after....

 

Jennie sighed for the third time, as she looked at her phone. Lisa still isn’t calling her. Not even a text. She called her and left a few messages. Nothing. She texted a couple times. No reply. Sitting at her desk Jennie sighed again.

"Okay, you need to stop sighing. It's getting on my nerve." Nayeon said.

“A little frustrated, are we?" Jisoo asked Jennie.

"Seriously Jennie, what did I tell you. Don't hope too much!...just because Lisa kissed you, it doesn't mean that you are now her girlfriend. Lisa doesn’t do relationship." Nayeon continued.

"And where did you heard that?" Jisoo asked her.

"From a very reliable source. Momo herself, she hooked up with Lisa last month, but Lisa turned down and leave her in tears when she asked her for more." Nayeon said.

"Don't you have an assignment to finish?” Jisoo asked Nayeon.

"Don't you have some life to get." Nayeon countered. Which earned a glared from Jisoo.

Jennie ignored her friends and took glanced at her phone. Her screen lit up, she smiled widely and hurriedly unlocked her phone, but her smile faltered as soon as she saw another name, Kim Nam Joon.

Frustrated and disappointed, Jennie gave up from waiting. She put her phone back to her messenger bag, her eyes scan the room and noticed that the classroom was now filled in with students. After 10 minutes, the Professor finally arrived, He clapped his hands together once, loudly to get everyone's attention. "So... where did we stop the last time? Anyone?"

Later, for the free period, Jennie decided to go to the library, to do her Literature assignment that Prof. Jung gave them. Jennie walked across campus, with her laptop and notebooks bouncing off her hip in her messenger bag. She marched on, eyes forward, and tried to ignore the looks cast her way. It's not new to her though, she was used to it. People stop and stare every time when she's around.

"Jennie."

Jennie froze and groaned inwardly. Not again

She turned and watched as the one guy she'd been avoiding the whole day, jogging his way and waving.

"Hi." Nam Joon said with a wide smile when he reached her. "I'm so glad I found you."

"Huh?" Jennie sighed, obviously she knows why he was looking for her. "What?"

Nam Joon smiled didn’t falter, though his eyes did narrow a little."I Texted you but you haven’t replied."

"Sorry I haven’t checked my phone since I was in the class." Jennie lied.

Nam Joon nodded, believing her. "So." he smiled, excitedly."Are you up for tonight? We're having a bonfire with the rest of the seniors."

"Sorry, but I can't. I need to finish my report and I have a lot of assignments to finish." she lied again, she doesn't really have assignments or report only her literature class and she was planning to finish it before the day ends so she can have a free weekend. It's not like she wanted to lie to him, she's really not in the mood to have fun right at this moment.

"Come on Jen, it's Friday night. You can do it tomorrow." Nam Joon insisted.

Jennie shook her, doing her best "apologetic expression" "Sorry, but I really cant go."

"You can't or you won't?" Nam Joom said, Jennie gaped taken aback by his question.

"Look Nam Joon." Jennie sighed. "I thank you for inviting me, but I'm not interested."

Nam Joon nodded. "Okay, but if you change your mind call me." Nam Joon said and winked at her.

She hurried up the stairs and barely waved good-bye to Nam Joon before heading inside the library to begin her search for the book she was looking for. It took her 10 minutes, searching through the stacks she finally found it. She made her way to her usual spot, near the window where she could see the rest of the campus. She eases out the book and align her pencil and pens, she takes her notebooks, Spreads it out next to the pens. Open the book and start reading.

Ten minutes later Jennie heard the girl next to her gasped and covered . “Oh my God, is that who I think it is?”

"It's that Lisa!" Another girl said, squealing on her chair.

Jennie swiveled her head around in the direction the girls were looking. Lisa hands a slip of paper Miss Bom, the Librarian. Miss Bom reads whatever written on it, she nodded and write something on the paper and handed back to Lisa. Lisa nodded and turned, and when  Lisa eyes lifted and locked, Jennie knew right then and there she’d spotted her.

Lisa just stands there, Staring at her. Making Jennie's face go hot and her heart pounded against her chest.

Jennie smiled and waited for Lisa to come over to her, but Lisa looked away and weave through desks, tables, and chairs. Ignored Jennie completely.

Confused and hurt about Lisa's sudden coldness, she snaps the book closed, gathered her thing back to her bag and stand up. Jennie weaved her way through the tables, desk and chairs and followed Lisa. It took Jennie for a while searching through the stacks, before she finally found Lisa on the second floor. Lisa picked a spot well out of sight, in a far-off corner of the library.

Standing at the foot of Lisa's table, Jennie cleared and waited for Lisa to glance up. Notice her. Say something. But she doesn’t. Lisa just sat there, hand moves across her notebook.

"Lisa?"Jennie asked, feeling her pulse race. "Can I talk to you?"

Lisa still ignored Jennie.

"Lisa?"Jennie repeated, louder this time. Lisa finally stopped writing and looked up to her.

"Can I help you?" Lisa asked, her voice was cold and distant that it gave chills to Jennie.

"Jennie cleared again."How are you? I thought something happens to you because you didn't call or texted me for week."

Lisa shook her head, she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter