Mother and Daughter

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

Mother and Daughter

 

Entering the room, Jisoo stride was stopped instantly at the vision of the woman standing in the middle of the receiving area.

Jisoo was standing in the room, she was literally frozen in place.  She felt her heart pounding really hard on her chest. 

"Jisoo,  it's your mother. Say something." Lisa's mother said,  putting a hand on her back.

Swallowing hard,  Jisoo steps back away from Lady Priya. "Why are you here? " Jisoo breath out looking around the room, finding an escape way.

A sad smile touches Dara's lips how her daughter panicked seeing her.  "Well,  I'm here because I wanted to see you."

"I'm sorry. I can't. I can't do this now." without a backing glance, Jisoo pivoted and leave from the room.

The room filled with silence, right after Jisoo walked away.

With uncomfortable  tension surrounded them,  everyone in the room took a nervous glance at Dara.

Jennie cleared loudly, breaking the silence in the room. " I'll go and check on Jisoo." Jennie bowed and went after Jisoo.

"Your Majesty,  Should we go home?" Jiyong asked her. " I think she is not ready to see you."

Jiyong cleared his throat. The Queen didn't answer him.

"Your Majesty?"

He knew that Dara heard him. She just stood there like a statue. Her eyes seemed frozen from where Jisoo was before she left the room.

"Dara?" Chaerin called Dara's attention back.

Dara turned to Chaerin who raised a questioning brow.

Lashing out a heavy sigh,  Dara shook her head." No." then she turned her attention to Lord Abbe.

"I'm guessing based on my daughter's reaction, you haven't talked to her about my visitation?"

Lord Abbe bowed down to her. "My deepest apology,  Your Majesty." Straightening up, Lord Abbe met Dara's gaze. "I was planning to tell her tonight, but---"

"But I came here first before you have a chance to tell her my plan of visiting her." Dara finished it for him.

Lord Abbe nodded helplessly. "That's correct, Your Majesty."

Dara noticed their tension that surrounding the room. Her visitation had really changed the atmosphere in the mansion.

Trying to alleviate the tension, she turned to Lisa and asked her. "That's  Jennie, right?"

"Yes. Your Majesty," Lisa answered, looking uncomfortable

Dara nodded once. "She's beautiful, " she asked, looking around the room.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Lisa responded.

"Your Majesty, I think it's better if we wait for Jisoo and Jennie in the drawing room. I'm sure they'll be back in no time. " Lisa suggested.

"You seem so certain?" Dara took a quick glance at Lisa with her hopeful eyes. "Are sure she'll come back?"

Lisa nodded. "I am.  Trust me." Lisa reassured the Queen. "Right Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung nodded hastily. Yes, of course."

"Okay, We'll wait there."
 

------xoxoxoxoxo------

 

"Jisoo wait." Jennie called out, following  her.

Without stopping, Jisoo ignored her and kept on her way of nowhere.

"Where are you going?" Jennie called.

Coming up beside her, 

Jennie grabbed Jisoo's arms. Jisoo came to stop and shook her head,  still refusing to face her.

Jennie spun her round. "I don't know what is going or what happen between you and your mother, but one thing I know..." Inching towards Jisoo, Jennie cupped her face and wiped the tears away. "... running off won't solve any problem that left hanging between the two of you."

"I can't do this right now, Jennie." Sniffing, Jisoo shook her head. "I'm scared."

"You're scared of what, Your mom?" Jennie asked.

"I can't do this right now. I'm not ready to face her."

"Yeah,  I know. I heard you... but Jisoo you have to face these fears somehow. You can't let this fear eats you up for the rest of your life." Grabbing her shoulder, Jennie added. "We've been friends for eight years, but this is my first time seeing you like this and now that I think about, you have never mentioned her to me."

"I didn't?" Jisoo asked,  surprised.

"Yeah, you just mention your dad. So, I thought that mom was out of the picture. Tell me what happened between the two of you?"

Sighing heavily, Jisoo whispered. "I... I've done something very, very bad, and it causes pain with my relationship to my mother."

Jennie tilted her head, and her eyes widened. "What is it? Did you kill someone...a high -ranking vampire?"

Jisoo shook her, letting out a trembling breath. " No. I lied to her."

Jisoo closed her stinging eyes, her heart aching so bad. The thought of the pain she'd cause to her mother was eating her up. She remembered the night when her mother found out about her lie. Dara looks shocked, disappointed and hurt.

"I lied to her to save a friend. Even so, everything went wrong, and now I guess she hates me."

"Hates you? I think you're wrong, Jisoo. If she hates you, why do her eyes seem sad when you ran away from her back there?"

Eyes wide with shock, Jisoo gasped.   "What do you mean?" A smile split in Jennie's face."I saw it. Her eyes are filled with sadness when you left the room.

Jennie cupped her face. "You should talk to her, Jisoo." Jisoo an unsteady breath. "You think so? "Jennie nodded. "You should. This is the time to ameliorate and redeem all the years that you have lost together."

"I too think so." A voice  interrupted them.

Jisoo and Jennie turned towards the familiar voice.

Standing side by side in the hallway was Lisa and Chaeyoung, one hip propped against the wall, arms crossing as they were watching them.

"Oh,  did you two followed us here?" Jennie asked.

"I thought I could check you in, guys since it's been like taking forever when you two lefts the room." Lisa said, pushing off the wall and striding toward Jisoo and Jennie.

"And you? Did you follow us in at the side too?" Jisoo asked,  looking at her suspiciously.

Shrugging,  Chaeyoung said. "No. I happened to stumble with Lisa while getting water from the kitchen, and since she wanted to check up on you guys. So, I thought, I could tag along with her." Chaeyoung said in one of her most innocent tones.

Shaking their heads, Jisoo and Jennie chuckled."You, guys are so horrible at lying." Jisoo said.

Lisa batted her eyelashes, " What? Who's lying?" Lisa nudged Chaeyoung. "They're talking about you, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung blinked at Lisa. "I don't think so, I believe they're talking about you." Chaeyoung whispered.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny guys." Jisoo said,  mocking their antics.

Lisa faced turned serious as she said, "She's waiting for you, Jisoo. It's your call."

Jisoo nodded, swallowing down all the worries that are shadowing her mind. "Alright, I think I'll do it."

A slow smile splits into Jennie's face. "I'm so proud of you."

"You're proud of me?" Jisoo asked,  confusion touches her face. "For what?"

"Because you choose to face your fear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter