Playing With Fire

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You have two mothers.” I start. “The picture of you with your mom- I’m guessing that it’s around five years ago, or maybe less. But you also keep this behind the frame.” I hand him a picture that I have, and his eyes widens as he look at me.

It is a picture of a woman holding a baby in her hand. The chairman is right next to her, and they’re both staring at their son proudly.

“That’s enough of digging around my stuffs.” he says through his gritted teeth. I can see how much he hates this, his past being discovered by someone else.

“I’m sorry I just-“

“Get out. Now.” his stare seems deadly. And I honestly don’t want to die right here right then so I finally move towards the door. I can still feel him staring at the back of my skull. 

My step somehow stop as soon as I hear his heavy sigh. I whip my head around and I see him hugging the frame in his arms. I bite my lips as I recall the bull I hear about him being a disgrace to his mom.

Ugh, this . Why do I still have the urge to ask him all about it? It’s so obvious that he don’t wanna talk about it at all though.

“What, is the knob broken or you just don’t know your own way out?” his voice snaps me back to reality. A reality where Taehyung is staring at me like a hawk staring at its predator. I gulp visibly before I start.

“Alright, listen. I hear the others talk about you and-“

“They always talk about me. Let them be.” he cut me off my sentence and I groan.

“They said something about you being involved with drugs, for God’s sake.”

“Might be safe to assume that it’s right.”

“It’s not. Isn’t it?” I look up at him, and he scoffs as he inches closer to me, studying my features.

“I don’t think you come here wanting an answer. You just want to assure yourself that I am not the kind of guy they’re talking about. You'd rather not assume that this person who's living with you is doing such thing. You just want to feel safe.” he catches my change of expression and he straightens his back as he opens the door for me. “Get out, Seo Bora. I won’t repeat myself anymore.”

Well. Literally no one would want to stay even after hearing that. So I walk out and he closed the door behind me faster than I can even breathe properly.

He hates me being there that much. Ouch.

***

The rest of the day and the next morning is unusually quiet. Taehyung stopped asking me to run errands for him so abruptly. I am guessing he is still mad at me for intruding the room he had been protecting all this while.

He have all the reason in the world to do that. I understand, but really, I just want to help him! Does he even know what the kids tell each other about him? Will he really let them live if he hears the nonsense they sprout?

Anyway, I decide to just enjoy the peaceful day while it lasts. I hate overthinking and it’s always easier to just brush it off rather thn pushing the idea to him. With that thought, I smile as I head to my locker, intending to pick up the books I need for classes this morning.

My locker is located in between the other normal lockers in this school, which is in the middle of this big hallway. So that doesn’t explain why I have a certain Park Jimin making out with a blonde haired girl so early in the morning right in front of it. 

I cleared Taehyung out of my life and now it’s this punk? Seriously.

Jimin’s back is against my locker wall while the girl is all over him, being such a mess. Jimin’s hand is just busily running through her long hair, messing it up whilst his half lidded eyes stared at me intensely as I stand right in front of my locker. 

Whoa, cowboy. One girl at a time, will you?

I was really going to be nice and just wait until they’re done with whatever the heck they’re doing. But really, as time passes and the first period is about to start, I grow impatient. And also, judging by the sounds they’re making right now, I don’t think it’ll end quickly.

Alright kids, that’s enough of Seo Bora being nice.

I kick the locker next to me as hard as I can. It’s enough to snap the girl out of her ecstasy and as she looked at me, it’s so obvious that she's about to say something. And whatever that might be, I am ready for it. I am already glaring at her with the baddest expression I can manage on my face but someone suddenly speaks up first.

“Don’t sweat it, sweetheart. She’s the director’s daughter. You don’t wanna mess with her.” Jimin says, making me roll my eyes as the girl actually did listen to him. She just huffs and end up moving away to somewhere I don’t know where and I’m not even interested to know.

“You can move away now, you know?” I tell Jimin with my bored face and he just smiles as he scoots to the locker next to me. He tuck his hands in his pocket and he does that cool thing guys did while they’re leaning on something; crossing his legs. I send him a glare before I unlock my locker and start packing up my books inside.

“You don’t even thank me for saving you.” he says out of the blue.

“Excuse me?”

“That girl. I saved you from a fight didn’t I?”

“Ha, funny.” I scoff. “If anything, it would be pretty fun if I actually get to fight her. You made me lose that chance though so nah, no thanks.”

I expected anything but a chuckle from him. I raise a brow as I slam my locker close, yet not even gaining a response from him. 

“Seriously, what is wrong with you? Why are you everywhere around me?” I blurt that literally out of nowhere. He just give me that eyesmile as he nudge my nose with his cute chubby finger.

“Oh sweetheart, did I not tell you we’ll be meeting each other more often? I’ve been waiting for you ever since this morning, you know? You’re usually 5 minutes earlier than today.”

“Okay I hope you're aware of how much you sound like a stalker right now. Also, are you saying you get bored and for the extra 5 minutes you end up grabbing a blondie and just get to it?” I raise a brow and his innocent smile grow wider, as if I just told him something so normal.

“Bingo!” he reaches out to pat my head next and I give him a disgusted smile as I slowly move away from him, hugging my books in my hand.

“Oi butthead!” A very familiar voice calls out from afar. I whip my head around and I can’t believe I just sighed in relief as I see Taehyung’s figure coming closer. 

“Out of all the thing you called me, Butthead stays the longest, huh?” Jimin asks with that ‘wtf’ look on his face and Taehyung just brushes him off casually.

“Suits you well. What are you doing here anyway? Let’s get going dude!” he drags Jimin by his shoulders and despite his small protest, Taehyung gets the upperhand since Jimin is actually smaller than him. It’s almost hilarious to see their size difference, actually. It’s kinda cute as well.

“See you later sweetheart!” he waves despite Taehyung forcing him to look ahead of him and I roll my eyes watching him.

Then I realized it. Taehyung didn’t even spare me a glance. But am I sad about it? Of course not. We’re not in that position where we need to greet each other everytime we meet or something. 

We’re enemies. 

And I refuse to tell myself otherwise.

***

My life had been extremely normal this whole week it’s almost unreal ever since I met the devil himself. I’ve also heard the others badmouth Taehyung a whole lot at school. Some of them says that his reign is over now and that no one is on his side. Some says he was the cause as to why his mother died. 

Only then I knew how far a rumor can go.

I just pretend as if I don’t care about it any longer. I don’t want to be the one thinking about it when Taehyung didn’t even do anything to them. But honestly, my mouth still itches to tell them off every single time I hear their bull. if only it’s not because of Yugyeom or the other friends who are listening to it as well, I might have accidentally lose control.

As I am lying on my bed, staring at my ceiling during my 155th sheep that I count in my head, I realize that I can never fall asleep with this frustration building inside me. That was how I end up in the TV room watching a drama in the middle of the night. However, it is not until a while later that I feel myself wanting to get something to munch. Should’ve brought something in advance, damn.

Ugh, the laziness is real.

After delaying it for a while longer, I end up going downstairs anyway. I walk past Taehyung’s secret chamber on my way and I just snort remembering how he really ignored me after the whole breaking in thing I did. Alright, I was wrong I get it. How precious is that room for him to be this mad at me?

I haven’t heard his voice calling out my name for a few days now. It’s not that I care, really. He only ever says mean things if he opens his mouth anyway. But still, I was the one who started this. I hate feeling guilty everytime I think of what I did, ugh.

“Seo Bora watch where you’re going.” 

“Huh?”

I snap out from my thought and suddenly Taehyung’s body is already an inch away from mine. I jolt back in an instant and he stays at his spot with his pokerface. I expect him to say something mean but he did not. He just move away from me and my reflex to that was to block his path with my arms stretched out. That successfully gain his attention on me. 

“Do I have to tell you that you’re in the way or would it be an idiot of me to do so, since you obviously know that.”

“Yah, are you still that mad at me?” I tilt my head, trying to match his eye level.

“About what?”

“Ugh. You know, I did something wrong.”

“You did a lot of ‘something wrong’. Even you existing in this world is 'something wrong'. You gotta tell me which one of those you’re talking about.”

I was about to snap at him because of that snarky comment but realizing how I am the one at wrong now, I surrendered. 

“Look, I’m sorry alright? I’m pretty sure I already told you that day before I leave.”

“Okay then, anything else you’re sorry about?”

“No, duh?” I shake my head quickly.

I see him gritting his teeth. That can’t be good. What else did I do to get on his nerve? 

“Whoa e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter