Box Lifting

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I cannot believe you just gave away my basement to her!" I hear Taehyung's shout from inside of the chairman's room. I chuckle softly as I continue to peep through the lockhole and the chairman is seen rubbing his temple.


"Taehyung, you have the TV room, the game room, the library all for yourself and yet you want to get back at your own sister just for taking up the basement? You won't live here alone anymore. Try to think more about Bora hmm?" 


Yeah, Taehyung. Try to think more about me before you do your stupid pranks to make my life miserable. I mumble alone.


"From now on, I want you to share every room with Bora. She have her own study room so she doesn't have to use yours. Just share the TV room, the game room and your library with her alright?"


"But-"


"No buts. I'll tell Layla to clean up the rooms by tomorrow morning. God knows what happened to the room ever since you forbade anyone to go inside there."


I hear Taehyung's frustrated groan. I quickly move away and act like I am just passing away. My timing is great. As I walk by, Taehyung just got out of his father's room. He sends me a glare that sends shivers down my spine. I pretend as if I feel nothing and just stares back at him boldly.


I thought he will say something but he doesn't. He struts past me and just walks along the hallways to his room quietly.


He must have found that his stuffs are gone from the basement, replaced by my study table with my pink comfy chair. At one side there is a laboratory table filled the equipments I listed to Uncle Kim last night.


I hope he reads that sticky note on the pile of his things in the store room. 


It says, "My move. Now it's your turn."


Victory never felt better than this.


I am ready to face his wrath on me but he's way too quiet for my liking. I scrunch up my nose as I stare at his back view from the spot I am standing at. Maybe he's just not in the mood to fight with me now. I shrug nonchalantly before I move away to spend time in my new escape room. The basement.


That night, I should never have forgotten to lock my doors. I don't know Taehyung would really creep inside just for the sake of his revenge.


***


That morning feels just like any other morning. 


I wake up and sit on my bed for a bit before I move to the bathroom reluctantly. Another new day of school... when will I graduate so I don't have to go through his bulls at school?


I stare at the mirror and yawn for a bit before I started washing off my face. My hair feels weird but I thought its just my feeling. As I am drying my face with a small towel, I shriek in horror. I finally see my own reflection on the mirror and holy . My hair is shoulder long on one side and another side just ends right below my ears.
I curl my fists as I try to breathe out properly. I cannot go to school like this. I will never let anything add to his fun of seeing me suffer.


I sigh heavily I grab a pair of scissors in my pink mug. I stare at my reflection and take a hold of my shoulder length hair. I close my eyes for a bit, bracing myself before I finally cut it off until it reach under my ears.


"Kim ing Taehyung." I curse through my gritted teeth. 


I go down a few minutes later and I find everyone already properly seated at the dining table. Taehyung looks up at me briefly, trying to hide a sly smile but his face turns to a pokerface immediately once he saw my perfectly styled short hair. Boy oh boy, it sure feels good to erase that ing smirk on his face.


"Bora honey! What happened to your hair?" my mother blinks a few times as I sit next to her, my usual spot to sit which unfortunately, is right oppsite him.


I fake a smile for my mom and the chairman. "Nothing. I just felt like it. How do I look?"


"You look better with short hair." the chairman says right before my mother can say anything. I start smiling widely from that compliment. 


I turn to look at Taehyung who keeps on stabbing on his scrambled egg wih his deadly stare. I mouthed a 'thanks, er' with my innocent smile and he looks like he would murder someone alive. 


I just reach out for my hash brown happily.


This is why they say never underestimate a woman's power. 


***


I sigh as soon as I reach my class. I contemplate on actually getting inside but then I see Yugyeom at his place next to my seat. I stare at him for a bit as it seems like he is truly focusing on the Calculus textbook. But that is just until he finally looks up and our eyes meet.


He quickly averts his gaze back to his textbook. My shoulder slouch in an instant. I thought he could be my new friend. Guess I am wrong. I turn around and make my way to the nurse's lounge. I totally don't like feeling this down the first thing in the morning. I need my tonic to start the day properly, Seo Bora style.


My tonic? Seokjin's smile.


However, as I am walking through the quiet hallway, I see four girls heading in my direction. .


After having to hear their lecture about why I shouldn't date their Taehyung, I finally get to know their names. Their leader is Hana, followed by Hyeyeon, Nayoung and Sally.


The funny thing is when they cornered me up and started talking, I can't focus on anything but their pretty faces and body. If only they aren't going on and on about me being a filthy transfer student who doesn't know my place, I might've ended up liking them. What a gorgeous glamorous face.


I stare at them blankly as they start to surround me. Boring. 


"Woah it's time for my daily lecture." I say with a sarcastic cheery tone. Hana glares at me as if she would eat me alive as she pushes my shoulder harshly. It ing hurts I wonder where the strength comes from. She's so petite!


"You're seriously being too much, don't you think so?" she starts.


"Oh, it's not the usual lesson. Are we finally moving on to a different chapter? Yay."


Wrong move. I think something inside of Hana snaps as she grabs on my chin, forcing my eyes to bore into her pretty ones. 


"I heard of everything from Taehyung. What a ."


What, did she hear about me taking over Taehyung's basement? I wait patiently for her to continue talking while holding back my snarky comments.


"You don't even take care of him properly. He said he always texted you but you'd take eons to reply." she pinches her perfectly shaped nose bridge, ignoring my wtf face. Nayoung and Sally add their own 'ooh's and 'aah's. What a great combination of sound effects.


"What did he say again?" my eyebrows furrows deeply I feel like it could stay permanently on my forehead. 


"You don't even know how lucky you are to be dating our Taehyungie yet here you are treating him like trash- oh my God, Hold me, Hyeyeon. I don't think I can stand this." she dramatically topples over to the side and Hyeyeon catches her in her tiny arms, followed by Nayoung's hands fanning her frantically.


Wow, same. I don't think I can stand hearing this bull either.


Taehyung passes by right at that moment, making me groan in frustration. Oh God, I don't need this to be happening to me so early in the morning.


The four girls go flocking to Taehyung and he unexpectedly starts to smile so brightly, even I am mesmerized for a good milliseconds. Good thing Hana's voice snaps me back to reality. A reality where I definitely loathe Kim Taehyung and his whole being with all my heart.


"How are you doing? I hope you're not so sad anymore about that girl. I already gave her a piece of my mind." she points towards me at the corner and Taehyung just flashes her a thumbs up without even looking at me.


"We did great, right?" Nayoung asks, victoriously gaining herself a small pat on the cheeks.


"You did very well." he says shortly. Nayoung blinks a few times, as if she is bewitched by Taehyung's enchanted touch. I roll my eyes at that scene.


"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter