43

Fated to be with you ♥ [HIATUS]

Lonely Jessica, playing on her own!

 

“Zzzt…Zzt…” Yuri squirmed feeling the vibrations of her phone at her , her eyebrows creased into a frown, feeling discomfort while she was trying to sleep.

She struggled to open her eyes, getting her phone which mysteriously appeared near her cheeks. She stretched her arms as low as she could to get her phone. She pressed the home button and squinted her eyes when the light suddenly flashed.

“Yobeoseyo…”

“Er.. Yuri-sshi, is it okay if you come down now? We’ll meet about 7am?” Her voice sounded frail and uneasy.

“B-bwoh? But..but, wait hold on,” Yuri checked her phone while the call was on hold.

6.17am.

“Arasoyo, I’ll meet you at your house Sulli-ah, don’t go anywhere,” Yuri said with the softest and assuring voice as she hung up the call, slowly and carefully getting out of her bed. Which was actually futile, considering her girlfriend sleeping like a rock. Not even flinching even if a bomb is planted right beside her ear.

She took a quick shower. She wore a white tank top, and a cosmic denim button up shirt, only buttoning her collar and leaving the rest ed. She wore tapered jeans and studded slip on. She smiled to herself in the mirror for the last time and complimenting herself how charming she looks. Walking over to Jessica’s side of the bed, she gave a quick peck on her temple, leaving a post stick note on the mirror.

 

--

 

Yuri reached outside of the doll house she saw last week, still admiring the beautiful house which looks like its getting whiter and cleaner the last time she saw it. Her gaze averted away from the house when she was a girl in her hot shorts and black tank top, with a brown leather bag slinged on her shoulder.

Yuri felt weirdly appalled. Sulli shouldn’t be wearing something so revealing. Though the weird thing is, she shouldn’t be concerned about her at all. But her heart kept giving her excuses to get Sulli to change into something less revealing.

Sulli stared at her sister, waiting to be approached, she sat quietly at the porch playing with the pebbles with her hand tucked under her chin.

“Go get changed, no shorts only pants. Tank top? Wear something over, at least,” Yuri’s presence made her jolt in surprise eventhough she was the one who waited to be approached just now.

Puzzled as to why, Sulli questioned her.

“It’s too revealing, now go get changed,” she said authoritatively looking Sulli into her eyes.

“It’s not too revealing actually, I always wear like this. And plus, it’s sort of humid even if it’s in the morning. I really don’t get why-”

“Get changed, Sulli. I don’t want you to get…a fever? It’s chilly actually, no?” Yuri said, frantic, feeling stupid for giving such a lame excuse that made Sulli stifle her laugh. She just nodded and went back inside her house, glad that her sister at least cared about her well-being.

Fifteen minutes later, Yuri was keeping herself busy by kicking the pebbles for the fun of it. Sulli came out from her house with jeans and cardigan over her tank top.

“I’m ready.”

Yuri smiled widely, Sulli finally looked better with whatever she’s wearing now, as long as she’s covered. At least Sulli would be safer like this, Yuri thought.

“Better. Let’s go, but we’re off to..?”

“A child care centre.”

--

 

“Here we are, but Sulli…Why here? Does your sister work here?” The both of them stood outside the door while Yuri leaned on the creamy white walls with only the both of them at a narrow corridor with vinyl padded chairs that lined the walls. The pastel coloured floor tiles seems to remind her of something, but she can’t seem to get a clue about it.

It was awkward suddenly, Yuri had her hands in her pocket. Waiting for Sulli to answer but she looks depressed.

“Sorry, Sulli-ah… I mean if you don’t-”

“Ani..Aniya. When my sister is about 8, we used to come here every weekdays or sometimes weekends because our parents couldn’t takecare of us. They’re always busy with this marketing sales and they didn’t even bother to check on us. Driver Ahjusshi would always pick us up from here, sometimes we get to see our parents, sometimes… we don’t at all.” Sulli said with a straight face, she took a deep breath and opened the door. All the kids were looking at the both of them.

“All of this seem too familiar…but what is it?!”

“Well, looks like your sister isn’t here.. so she doesn’t work here after all?” Yuri said as the kids ran around her in circles. She giggled and played along with them.

“Wait here, I’ll talk to that pretty ahjumma over there while you play with the kids. Looks like you can be a great disguise as a kid,” Sulli teased and crept a smile at the corner of .

Yuri rolled her eyes and did what she was told. But a part of her says that she used to be here before, but she wasn’t convinced. It must be her mind playing around with her, she didn’t feel too good either in the morning though.

“Alright kids! Let’s play pretend!” Yuri said, laughing out loud and started giving roles at each of the kids.

On the other hand, Sulli was smiling and staring at them. It makes her feel that time finally rewind. Yuri have always love to play pretend ever since they were young. Could it be that a tiny bit of the old Yuri is still kept in a cage somewhere in her heart that Yuri couldn’t open up by herself? Does the old Yuri need someone from her past to open up her old heart? Is that it? Sulli thought about that countless of times, hoping something miraculous would happen.

“Hey, isn’t that Yuri?” a frail old woman approached Sulli with her thin line lips curved into a smile.

“Oh, Annyeonghaseyo Ahjumma! Deh, that’s Unnie alright. She’s here because I told her to be here,” Sulli nodded and slightly hug her.

They chatted for hours about Yuri and laughed together at Yuri’s skills on handling kids.

“Ah…How is she now? She looks extremely delightful and more prettier now. Guess you have to catch up with her,” the ahjumma teased and chuckled.

“Ahjummaaaaa!” Sulli whined. “But Unnie’s okay though, but she lost her memory 9 years ago because of me… I didn’t mean to though…” she trailed off. Her heart sank immediately when she had to recall the bitter memories of her sister and her together.

The Ahjumma said nothing, realizing how it must have pained Sulli deeply when she tried to process the words to explain to her.

There was a sudden silence between the two but it was interrupted by a strong audible voice.

“Sulli-ah! Are you done yet? The kids are starting to tying me up and claiming that I’m a betrayer ‘cause I ate one of their cookies! Pali!” Yuri shouted, begging to be saved by someone with a higher authority.

Both Sulli and the ahjumma chuckled. They quickly went over to wherever Yuri was tied and quickly untie her. Yuri was unstable and fell to the ground on her .

“Ow…” she rubbed her softly with a pinched expression on her face.

The Ahjumma suddenly squatted when she wasn’t supposed to at her age, it shocked both Sulli and Yuri. Yuri quickly reacted to try to help her up, but the Ahjumma refused.

“Yuri-ah… Take good care of Sulli and yourself too. It’s been a long time huh..” the Ahjumma caressed Yuri’s cheeks, a tear rolled down her cheeks having to see Yuri with a bewildered expression on her face. She’s dumbfounded over the Ahjumma’s actions.

Yuri didn’t say anything at all and quickly stood up and helped the Ahjumma too. Sulli said nothing at all, knowing that after they leave the nursery, she’ll be flooded with questions why the Ahjumma said such things.

“I…I will, you takecare too, Ahjumma.”

Yuri only bid goodbye to the Ahjumma and not the kids. She folded her arms like any sulky kid would and went out of the room first. Sulli just rolled her eyes and giggled. She kissed the Ahjumma's hands and hugged her tightly before they let go.

"Sulli-ah, why did the Ahjumma said it's a long time...to me? Do I know her?" Yuri had her hands in her pocket as they walk down the corridor.

"You still don't recall anything?" Sulli stopped in her tracks, tears was forming at the corner of her eyes as she quickly wipe them away and look to the other direction to avoid eye contact with Yuri.

"Recall? Am I suppose to recall anything?"

"Nothing, Unnie. Let's go, we've to find my sister."

"But we don't look like we're finding your sister though, I'm just saying. Do I really need to recall something? The Ahjumma must be someone I know, but I can't remember..." Yuri trailed off.

"She's getting old, don't mind her, she's usually like that," Sulli said coldly.

Seems like she still can't remember, I have to try harder.

"Yeah, but I you sure, I don't think-"

"Menopause." Sulli said and walked off while Yuri tried to catch up with her from behind.

Weird...Do I really need to recall something? But the moment that Ahjumma had her skin in contact in mind, I feel secure and like I've known her for years.. Is there something that I do not know?

--

 

“Yah, Sica! Stop day dreaming and enjoy today!” Tiffany clapped once in front of Jessica’s face that made her jolt in shock.

“Yah! I wasn’t!” she hissed back.

Taeyeon laughed at them and drinking the last bit of the smoothie they bought.

“Unnie, you miss Yuri huh?” Yoona said, heaving a sigh.

“Since when were you allowed to drop formalities with Yuri?!” Jessica said as her anger began to surface.

“Aish, she isn’t here. So let it be, besides, I didn’t do it on purpose,” Yoona rolled her eyes and it was silent all of a sudden. Seohyun nudged her girlfriend as a form of punishment, telling Yoona to do something to make the situation better.

Yoona sighed and fiddled with her pinkies. “Mianhe,” she said, apologetically with a cute frown trying to make her apology seem more cute.

“You look beautifully retarded,” Taeyeon snorted. Laughter were heard in the café, it made Jessica brighten up a little bit. But will never ever brighten up any more than that, since her girlfriend isn’t here with her to spend the day together like they promised.

The group decided to have a smoothie before they start off their outing. The couples that attended that day decided to still invite Jessica along, so she won’t feel left out. They were already planning on how to make the day better for Jessica instead for their own.

“Alright, let’s go everyone.”

Everyone was already ready to go but suddenly Jessica grabbed Tiffany’s wrist.

“I’m not going, you guys have fun. I don’t feel too well and I want to rest today,” Jessica said hesitantly. Tiffany shrugged and wanted her to go, but she knew straight in her bestfriend’s eyes that it won’t do any good either if she followed. Jessica would be a hundred times left out and upset if she had to witness the rest of them having a fun time courting each other while she’ll be alone throughout the day.

“Alright, Jessie. But make sure you’ll only be at home, don’t wander off to anywhere else. Ara?” Tiffany carefully patted her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

Jessica smiled and nodded as she send them off to their car.

After they placed their bags at the boot of the car, they hugged her goodbye. Jessica had her hands in her pocket as she see all the couples getting ready to go, buckling their seatbelts with Taeyeon turning the ignition on.

The car window over Tiffany’s side of the passenger seat went down, Tiffany took Jessica’s hand out of her pocket and squeezed it tightly.

“Listen to what I told you to. Behave and wait until your Seobang gets home, we won’t be home till tomorrow okay? It’s already 1pm now, by the time you’re home you would want to take a nap. Takecare Jessie, love ya!” she smiled.

Taeyeon stared at them in disbelief, their affections towards one another made her jealousy be at a whole new level.

Jessica who saw her bitter expression couldn’t help but laugh, and made a cryptic eye signal to Tiffany, telling her to check on her girlfriend.

“Looks who’s fuming mad now,” Yoona burst into laughter.

“Don’t even think about arguing today, Tae tae!” Tiffany rolled her eyes and smiled for the last time and bid her bestfriend goodbye. She wore her shades as the car drove off.

Jessica heaved a sighed, envious at the couple who get to spend their time together while her girlfriend is out someone attending to something that she doesn’t even know if it’s important to her or not.

“Aish!” her nostrils flare and kicked a pebble that was on the pavement on of nowhere as she walked back home, kicking the pebble with her.

 

--

 

“Where are we at now?” Yuri asked, even though she was the one who drove them here.

“It’s my old house where I used to live,” Sulli stretched her arms and legs, twisted her body a little bit until a crack was heard around her hips. Yuri looked at her with disgust yet amazement that Sulli was able to do that.

 “I’m sorry but I’ll buy a car soon, it must be uncomfortable sitting on the motorcycle for 3 hours, but you can’t blame me. You sort of lived quite far away from Seoul here,” Yuri joked but she was soon silenced when she was glared by Sulli.

Yuri heaved a defeated sigh when she was left alone since Sulli walked up ahead first without having a care about her sister. Yuri just followed her, half a step behind afraid of her fury.

“I’m not going to be angry for long, chill,” Sulli chuckled and came to a sudden halt.

Yuri who had her head down the whole walk didn’t see what in front of her, she bumped into Sulli. She rolled her eyes at Yuri and had one of her eyebrow raised, demanding an explanation.

“I…I… I..”

“Saved it, Unnie.”

“Looks like you’ve become comfortable with me,” Yuri joked. She was glared at once more and quickly held her both her hands up to ‘protect’ herself. Sulli smiled.

“Wow, this tree is big.”

“Of course it is, look up.”

Yuri did what she was told. Her huge tree house was placed in between two large branches of the tree. The tree was as huge as a terrace house that is behind it. The tree seem like it could feel like 2-3 families in there.

“Our father built this tree house from the scraps of wood that he was able to gather from the dumpster 4 to 5 blocks away from here.”

“Our?”

--

Annyeong readers! This is a surprised update from me! This is the last day of my 1 week break before I start revising from my exams again. The first half of exams of alright though! Thank you for staying loyal and I apologize because you'll have to wait for another month before I start updating weekly again!

I love all of you and please comment more!

MY EXAMS WILL START BACK AGAIN! T_T

And to those who are taking their exams too, goodluck! :)

love,

escapethefate