Chapter 26: She's back.

Fated to be with you ♥ [HIATUS]

“G-g-goo H-hara?”

“Yah! It’s been a long time, huh?!” Hara sneered, playing around with Yuri’s stationaries and looking around her office.

“Yeah, a super long time…” Yuri mumbled. She couldn’t make an eye contact with Hara because it makes her nervous and uncomfortable if she does so.

“Lunch?” Hara asked who sat cross-legged on the office chair, as if she owns the place.

“I’ve eaten,” Yuri gave a firm excuse, trying not to look weak in front of Hara.

Many thoughts went through her mind that made Yuri spaced out for a few minutes, leaving Hara waiting for Yuri to continue the conversation between the both of them.

“Pabo-yah, that’s all can you say? Kyeopta~” Hara giggled while talking to herself in her own mind.

“Why are you here anyway?” Yuri asked a question with a stern face, she didn’t want to be relaxed at all. She decided to stay serious until Hara’s out of her sight.

“I came back for you, well my contract in Australia’s over. So I came back to see you, and continue what we h-”

“We had nothing, not a relationship to begin with, leave,” Yuri was close to tears, but she manage to hold her tears back in to put up a strong front. She knew that once she let go of her strong image, Hara will definitely take advantage of an obvious soft spot Yuri has for Hara at times.

“We don’t have to be in a relationship right? I mean, I was away for well, you know, that..” Hara did not have anything else to say, she felt guilty when she remembered about the past she had with Yuri.

“You cheated and back away from me, for that cross country competition. Yeah, that was what you’re trying to say?” Yuri clenched her fist, her hands was itching to let go of a punch. She controlled her anger as hard as she can.

“Leave,” Yuri looked away, she was about to cry. She bit her lower lip to stop her tears from rolling down.

“Yul, I-”

“LEAVE!” Yuri shouted with vehement in her eyes and voice. She couldn’t hold her tears any longer, a tear rolled down her right cheek. She quickly wipe it off hoping that Hara wouldn’t notice that tear.

“Fine, I’ll leave,” Hara made her way to the office’s door and opened it slowly. She took a quick glance at Yuri and turned her head around and shut the door with a loud bang along with it.

“You’re still weak as I thought, Yuri. But I guess that’s one of the reasons why I love you. I promise I won’t take advantage of you anymore,” Hara wore her shades since the sun was shining directly at her eyes.

She walked proudly to her motorbike but halfway Yoona jumped in front of her.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Yoona bowed and smiled. That’s what she will always do to her customers.

“Yeah, yeah, okay. What do you want?” Hara wanted to walk off, but Yoona blocked her from making her way to her motor bike.

“I would like to thank you for making a visit to Yul’s Autoshop! Thank yo-” Before Yoona could continue, Hara shoved her to one side and made her way to her bike.

“Loser,” that’s what Hara thought. She smirked and drove off.

“Thank you for coming…?” Yoona continued even when Hara was gone. She seem puzzled and upset. She was confused why such a customer could be so arrogant?

“Wow, she must be having the time of the month,” Yoona made a joke for herself so that she could laugh off at something and be optimistic all over again. But suddenly it made Yoona ponder, why did that lady just went in straight in the office, and seemed so disappointed when she went out.

“Who is she…?” Yoona mumbled to herself, scratching her head and contemplating who was it.

“Who’s who?” Yuri had walked out from her office to check whether the area was clear for her to get out. She sigh in relieve to find that Hara was already gone.

“Who’s that lady who rudely shove me and also went in to your office, Unnie?” Yoona innocently asked. Yuri was already irritated when someone talks about Hara even if it’s just describing her. Not trying to throw all her temper to Yoona, she talks to Yoona nicely.

“A friend, don’t worry about it!” Yuri let out a nervous laugh, hoping that Yoona would feel less interested to know who she was.

“Oh! Didn’t know you have arrogant friends!” Yoona said sarcastically, hoping Yuri would apologize on behalf of her ‘friend’, Hara.

“I’ll get back with my paper works, continue working Yoona! Hwaiting!” Yuri gave a cute pose and encouraged Yoona to continue on even business wasn’t as great.

 

From: Kwon Yul~

Tae-ah, she’s back. I’ll talk to you when I get home.

To: Kim Taetae!

 

Yuri left a message for Taeyeon, only Taeyeon knows about this matter and no one else does. Yuri felt that she needs to talk to Taeyeon about this, she had an ominous feeling about the future, since Hara has reappeared again.

“Sunny, Sooyoung, give yourself a rest for the rest of the week. You need them,” Yuri ordered the two bodyguards.

“B-but, Yuri-sshi, we have to take care of you. It’s our job,” Sunny explained.

“Don’t worry, I can take care of myself for this whole week. Thanks guys,” Yuri bowed and bid them goodbye.

 

--

 

It was already in the evening. Taeyeon just woke up after her long nap she had with Tiffany. Tiffany was setting the dinner table with a plate less because Yuri could not make it for dinner. While the others were busy with their daily routines they usually do after work.

“She’s back? Who..” Taeyeon contemplated, even though her head hurts, she still wanted to find out who. But in a split second, she found who was back.

“Hara…? GOO HARA?!” Taeyeon jolted a little bit, but groaned in pain after that as her injuries were still hurting. At that same point of time, Tiffany went in to help Taeyeon up out to the dining table. But Taeyeon’s groan made Tiffany worried.

“Tae!? Is there anything wrong!?” Tiffany quickly attended to Taeyeon and check her body to see if there was anything wrong.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. Was just too playful when I was playing games in my phone,” Taeyeon gave an excuse that was good enough to trick Tiffany.

“Ohh, you’re so silly Tae!” Tiffany leaned in slowly and closer just to kiss Taeyeon on the forehead. Her soft lips were pressed on her forehead, living a shiny mark of Tiffany’s transparent lip gloss mark. Tiffany’s kisses never failed to make Taeyeon blush as usual, and that was one of many reasons why Taeyeon loves Tiffany so much.

“Annyeong everybody~” Taeyeon showed off her aegyo in front of everyone. Everyone was smiling except for Jessica. Who supports her head with her left hand, feeling a little bit gloomy. Everybody at the dining table knows the reason was that Yuri wasn’t going to join them for dinner due to a whole lot of paper work.

The dinner was lively, the couples showing their affection towards one another except for Jessica. She had no one to feed but herself. The other couples felt guilty but couldn’t hold the temptation of showing their affection to their love one after a long day at work. After that wonderful dinner in their eyes except for Jessica’s, the girls in the house washed the dishes while the ‘guys’ in the house sat on the couch and Taeyeon was switching the channels, hoping they would have something interesting to watch.

Yoona’s head was thinking that if she should let Taeyeon know about something. But she learnt from Seohyun that she shouldn’t lie. Listening to her girlfriend’s endless preaching they had at times, she decided to let Taeyeon know before anybody else does despite the guilty conscious of letting out a minor secret Yuri told her to keep.

“Tae Unnie…” Yoona sighed.

“Yes Yoona-ah?” Taeyeon smiled at Yoona, making the conversation seemed a little bit relaxed not serious. 

“Yuri isn’t doing paper work at the auto shop,” Yoona looked away. She was afraid Taeyeon might scold her for not letting her know earlier.

“W-what?! Where did she go then?” Taeyeon lean in closer to Yoona and whispered to her.

“She went to the hide out,” 

“At times like this?” Taeyeon laughed, Yuri only goes to their hide out if she really is in deep thoughts. It’s been a long time since the 3 made their way there too. That hide out was a lot of where their childhood memories began too.

“Sooyoung and Sunny is with her right?” Taeyeon asked.

“No, she gave them a week off. I guess she needed time alone,” Yoona replied.

 “I’ll be off then,” Taeyeon continued.

“B-but, Tiffany Unnie will never let you off!” Yoona grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist gently, trying not to hurt her.

“She will, don’t worry Yoona!” Taeyeon smiled and limped her way to her room and got dressed.

 

--

 

“I don’t know Tiff, Yuri’s been acting weird since the afternoon when I texted her,” Jessica sighed, cutting the fruits in to large pieces. That’s how Jessica always cuts it.

“Maybe you should ask her what’s going on?” Tiffany continued to wash the dishes, while Seohyun was inspecting each and every plate to see if Tiffany missed a spot.

“Yeah unnie, I agree with Tipany Unnie,” Seohyun spoke even if her eyes were concentrating on finding a dirty spot on the plates.

“Yeah, I should, thanks girls,” Jessica smiled.

“Sica-ah, what are you going to do for your monthsary with Yuri?” Tiffany asked washing the last plate. (A/N: Monthsary is a monthly anniversary)

“Omo! I almost forgot! Aish, how can I forget about it! I’m left with 3 days right?” Jessica asked, and slapped her own forehead thinking how forgetful she was.

“Well unnie, you better think of it soon. Me and Yoona’s it’s in 2 weeks time and I’ve prepared for it!” Seohyun smiled to herself, thinking about the schedule she wrote in her own journal book.

“Great for you,” Jessica sighed at the thought of not preparing anything for their big day together.

“How about…” Tiffany grinned even before finishing what she wants to say.

“How about what?”

“Well, both of you have been together for quite some time right? And strangely enough, nobody has harassed you this week right?” Tiffany got herself excited even when she’s not going straight to the point.

“Yeah….” Jessica and Seohyun gave a strange look to Tiffany, wondering what is she thinking about.

“3 letters!” Tiffany squealed in excitement even if it’s not for her own monthsary.

“3 letters….?” The other two girls think hard, but nothing comes to their mind.

“Related to bed!” Tiffany laughed so loud that Yoona took a peek in the kitchen to see what was going on.

Suddenly, Jessica faced changed. Her cheeks starts to blush, she too blushed and couldn’t stop smiling about it.

“What is it Unnie? Tell me!” The poor maknae didn’t get the clue at all and was upset that the unnies did not share it with her.

“It’s better if you don’t know about it,” Jessica adviced her, patting Seohyun’s shoulder to comfort her.

“But…”

“No buts!” Tiffany laughed.

“Unnie, I’m already 21…” Seohyun win her way out by showing the glimmering puppy eyes to her unnies.

“Araso…Jessica, why don’t you say it? Since you think you’ve guessed it right,” Tiffany couldn’t stop giggling to herself.

“,” Jessica whispered softly and her cheeks start to blush even more.

“Omo! Unnie!!!!!! You shouldn’t have told me that!” Seohyun covered her ears in

shock.

“Well, you wanted to know so bad, right?” Tiffany laughed and pressed her stomach to ease the pain after all that laughing.

“So are you planning to do it, Unnie?”

“Maybe.”

“Pany-ah~” Suddenly a voice came from the sliding doors of the kitchen.

Tiffany could recognize that voice from anywhere, and as usual, it was Taeyeon leaning against the sliding door.

“I’m going off to pick Yuri up, we’re going to er.. buy some groceries!” Taeyeon smiled and praised herself for coming up a fast excuse.

“But you’re injured Tae, you shouldn’t,”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry. I’ll take a taxi there. Love you!” Taeyeon took the house keys and limp her way out of the house. Tiffany did not want to restrict her girlfriend from going anywhere, but she was still worried sick since Taeyeon’s still injured.

“Be safe,” Tiffany mumbled.

 

--

 

“We’ve reached, miss,” the taxi driver turned his body around to let Taeyeon know.

“Gamsahamida,” Taeyeon paid the taxi fare and got off slowly from the taxi despite the painful injury she’s enduring.

“Long time no come,” Taeyeon smirked. Her she lifted her head up, in front of her was a really tall building. The building was really old, some parts of it has cracks and some others parts has black smudges spots and algae all over.

Taeyeon took the lift up to the highest level, level 54. It was the rooftop level of the building. She was anxious to find out what their hideout looks like now after many years of not visiting it.

The lift came to a stop, Taeyeon has reached the highest level. The old lift door opened slowly, and Taeyeon opened in shocked. The rooftop still hasn’t changed much. But she was surprised that all her childhood things are still kept there. The rooftop was still as beautiful as before, more creepers grew around the small little shelter made by themselves when they were young. Taeyeon walked out from the lift and saw Yuri standing with her hands in her pocket, gazing at the stars.

“Yuri-ah!” Taeyeon shouted from behind.

Yuri turned around. Taeyeon a little more worried, looking at Yuri’s red eyes. It looks like she was crying just now.

“Did you cry….?” Taeyeon took a step closer, to confirm what she assumed.

All Yuri could do was to nod in agreement and continued to look at the stars.

“Hara’s back?” Taeyeon sighed. She hated Hara more than Yuri does. She hated Hara for cheating on Yuri. She hated Hara for using Yuri. She even wished that Hara didn’t exist.

“Yes,” wet trails were on Yuri cheek again, and she began to sob at the thought of it.

“Come on Yul, it’s not worth thinking of a person like her. She’s definitely worthless,” Taeyeon became angry, furrowing her eyebrows.

“I don’t know. But why is she back, Tae? What does she want?” Yuri sat down and wiped her tears off.

 

Flashback:

Yuri left the locker room and went to the stadium while Hara made an excuse to stay back a little longer in the locker room. Hara opened Yuri’s locker and place a laxative pill bottle in her locker. Hara then took 2 pills of laxative from the bottle in mixed it with her own water bottle. The 2 pills then dissolved and the transparent water turned into a milky colour water.

“This should work,” Hara smiled.

She drank the water and her stomach began to act up painfully. Hara straight away ran to the ladies and did her business multiple times.

--

“Yuri! You’re disqualified for putting laxatives in another competitor’s drink!” the judge said in anger.

“B-but, I didn’t do it! Hara tell him!” Yuri cried, trying to break free from her coach’s hands who tries to stop her from going berserk.

Hara just made a slight grin and looked away from Yuri’s eyes.

“You cheated……..”

End of flashback.

 

“She said she loved me, Tae! She’s a liar! But why when she comes back, I feel so weak and soft!?” Yuri screamed and pull her own hair, feeling that she’s pressured. She didn’t know if she still love Hara or not. She was confused as to why when Hara appears again, she felt so nervous. Does it mean that she still loves her? Yuri thought, wiping the tears in her eyes.

“Woah, take it easy Yul! You love Jessica, not her!” Taeyeon became more furious. She hated Hara even more, she knew that Hara is an evil witch and she has not changed till now. Taeyeon was even afraid that Hara might do something evil to get back at her.

“Ye-yes, I-I love J-j-essica,” Yuri stuttered, feeling worried sick that Hara might do something horrible again to ruin her life.

“But,” Yuri continued.

“I think I still have a little feelings left for her Tae. Why is this happening?”

“I don’t know, Yul. You better not grow any feelings for her again, it might get ugly,” Taeyeon sighed. She did not know how to comfort her best buddy any better, she felt useless for not helping much. But Taeyeon tries her best to comfort her any way she can.

“I’m afraid she might come and find me at the café or the auto shop, Tae,”

“If she does, don’t worry. Sunny and Sooyoung will look after you,” Taeyeon reassured her.

“I told them to get rest for the week, they need it,” stopped sobbing, and continued to look at the stars to distract her mind off Hara.

“Why did you do that. She what happens?” Taeyeon scolded Yuri for giving them time off. In Taeyeon’s mind was to only protect her best friend, no one else.

“They’re humans too, Tae. They need rest,” Yuri retorted.

“You’re right, Mianhe,” Taeyeon gave an apologetic smile and sat beside Yuri.

“Yuri, whatever happens. I’m with you okay? Don’t worry. If there’s nobody else who will be there for you, I will always be. We’re best buds forever okay?” Taeyeon smiled, hoping what she said might make Yuri feel happy again.

“Dae, gomawo, Tae,” Yuri smiled.

“Let’s go home now,” Taeyeon suggested.

 

--

 

“Wake up, Seobang-ah,” an angelic voice was heard near Yuri. The sunlight went through her windows and blinded her eyes.

“Mmm…” Yuri took her blanket and covered her face to avoid the sunlight blinding her eyes.

“Yah! Seobang-ah! Wake up!” Jessica’s voice rang straight in Yuri’s ears. Yuri straight away stood up and opened her eyes slowly.

“Mmm, morning dear,” Yuri smiled, attempting to kiss her girlfriend.

“Nah-uh, not until you shower and brush your teeth,” Jessica gave a seductive smile and ily walked out of the room. Yuri’s hormones were raging even just looking at her girlfriend’s y curves.

“Damn,” she thought. Her eyes were still half opened, she forced herself out of the bed and trudged to the toilet and have a hot shower in the cold morning.

“Morning everyone,” Yuri was still sleepy even after the shower. She dragged her feet to the dining table and ate the burnt toast without noticing it. Everyone were on the table eating, except for Jessica who was preparing homemade lime juice.

“Bleagh! Why is this toast… BURNT!?” Yuri spitted the chewed burnt toast out of . The bitter taste was too horrifying to eat.

“Your girlfriend made breakfast today,” Tiffany giggled. Everyone knows Jessica has the worst cooking skill ever.

“What’s going on guys? By the way, good morning Seobang!” Jessica skipped happily to the dining table and gave a quick peck on Yuri’s cheeks.

“N-nothing dear! Your toast is extremely nice! Yum!” Yuri stuffed the whole burnt toast in , enduring the bitter taste of the burnt toast.

Everyone looked in horror, and laughed at Yuri who was suffering from her girlfriend’s cooking. The day started off well for all of them with free entertainment by Yuri.

Everyone went for work except for Taeyeon, Yuri and Jessica. Jessica had off days on Mondays, Taeyeon still had to rest while Yuri wanted a day off. The café was taken care by Yoona with Sooyoung and Sunny volunteering since they do not have anything to do with their off days.

Yuri was sitting on the sofa, with Jessica’s head resting on her thighs. The both of them were happily watching television while Taeyeon was reading a novel, missing her girlfriend, Tiffany.

“Ring!”

“I’ll get it, Seobang,” Jessica smiled and made her way to the door.

She look through the peep hole and noticed a young girl waiting outside of the door. Jessica felt that she’s not harmful and opened the door.

“Annyeonghaseyo, is Yuri in?” A young lady beamed, and was invited in the house by Jessica.

“Wait, that voice….Hara? It can’t be,” Yuri turned around to find Hara staring at Yuri from just now.

“Yuri, I think your friend’s here,” Jessica smiled.

“H-hara? It’s y-you again?” Yuri stuttered, she couldn’t say anything else then to stare blankly in space, trying to decide what to do next. But Taeyeon came out from her room to the rescue.

“HARA? You’re here?” Taeyeon smiled and greeted sarcastically.

“Taeyeon? I didn’t know you lived together,” Hara felt a little worried when she saw Taeyeon’s presence in the house. Hara felt intimidated when she’s around, because Taeyeon has always been protecting Yuri since young.

“Oh, we do,” Taeyeon smirked.

“Yuri, why don’t you introduce your friend here?” Jessica smiled.

“E-er, she’s H-hara,”

--

Stay tuned for the next chapter on the 2nd March OR EARLIER! :D

Keep Viewing, Subscribing and Commenting! <3

-escapethefate-