Chapter 17: Is cancelling successful?

Fated to be with you ♥ [HIATUS]

Poster By: escapethefate

“Appa, we need to talk,” said Donghae indignantly.

“What is it, son? Say it out, and calm down. You sound as if I’ve done something wrong,” said Mr Lee as he reached out for a bottle of wine not far from his desk and poured 2 glass of wine. One for Donghae, and one for himself. Since he figured out that this was going to be a long talk, predicting by Donghae’s tone of talking.

“I don’t want to marry Jessica, at all,” Donghae said sternly, but lowered his head down. He still respects his father, he wouldn’t dare to raise his voice at all. But this time, he dared for a little while but went back to his normal tone.

Mr Lee passed the glass of wine to his son and sighed after he heard what Donghae requested. In Mr Lee’s heart, he really didn’t mind Donghae not marrying Jessica at all. He didn’t mind not having the alliance with other companies, what was more important was his son’s needs than his career.

“Have a drink son, we can talk about this, but are you sure about this?” asked Mr Lee making sure what Donghae had decided will not make him regret in the future.

“Yes, I’m certain,” hoping his dad would agree to whatever Donghae decides. While waiting for his dad’s reply, he twisted his middle and index finger on both of his hands. Hoping what he requested, the dad would agree.

“So you don’t love Jessica at all?” asked Mr Lee again.

“No, I don’t. I know I’m not getting any younger, Appa. But I still want to mingle around, I’m not ready for any commitments yet. Please, Appa? Please understand my situation. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you any earlier because the reason I agreed was for the Lee’s Company success. But, she already has a girlfriend of her own. I’m just interfering people’s happiness,” explained Donghae. He abstained from raising his voice as much as he can, as he really, really respects his father.

“Jessica has a girlfriend? Oh, she’s dating a girl?” Mr Lee eyes widened after Donghae told him that Jessica was dating her own gender.

“Yes, Appa,” answered Donghae, still waiting for his answer.

Mr Lee stood up from his chair and looked outside his window. It was the view of the whole New York, it’s the best office anyone could ask for, having a splendid night view of New York filled with the awesome and lively city lights in your own spacious and cozy office.

“Whose that lucky girl then,” laughed Mr Lee, trying to kill the serious atmosphere away. This isn’t how they usually talk to one another, not in a serious tone like this in a long time.

Donghae sigh in relieved because he was glad that his dad knew what to do with the serious atmosphere and smiled at his dad. In a way of thanking him indirectly.

“It’s Yuri, do you remember her dad?” questioned Donghae, thinking if his dad stills remembers her.

“Oh? Yuri? Kwon Yuri? The daughter of the Kwon company?!” asked Mr Lee, Yuri was still fresh in his mind. He still remembered Yuri when she was a little toddler, reminiscing the moments of himself, little Donghae and little Yuri playing together at the playground.

“Yes, Appa. But unfortunately, she can’t seem to remember me at all,” Donghae sighed, feeling a little bit upset thinking about how Yuri confusedly said that she didn’t recognize Donghae at all.

“Oh, that’s weird. She was your good friend back then, how can she not remember you? But I heard a rumour about the Kwon family abandoning her, but I don’t know if it’s true and I don’t remember the reason why. Heard that the Kwon’s are living in Seoul right now,” said Mr Lee. He took a sip from his wine, walks towards his desk and sits back, facing Donghae who was standing from just now, at an ‘at ease’ position. Mr Lee smiled at the fact that Donghae still respects his father no matter what, and he was happy and proud about it.

Just like Jessica, Donghae took quite some time to process the words that Mr Lee said, after 2 minutes, he understood what Mr Lee had said and react to it.

“What?! Abandoned?! Wow…” Donghae raised his voice, but gave an apologetic smile. Feeling sorry for raising his voice to his dad. Mr Lee knew it wasn’t Donghae’s fault for raising his voice, he was just shocked, since he didn’t know about it too.

“Here’s a picture of you and Yuri. Since Yuri can’t remember you, the Yuri in that picture still do,” Mr Lee took out a small photo from his drawer and handed it over to Donghae.

Donghae received the small photo with both of his hands, and looked at the picture. He reminisced the good, old memories with Yuri. Hoping to relive the moments again, but he knew that it was impossible. Since Yuri can't even recognize him. His eyes started to get watery, but he held his tears in. Trying not to cry in front of his father.

“Yuri ah…” Donghae mumbled to himself, and kept the picture in his wallet.

“By the way,” Mr Lee interrupted Donghae’s thoughts, and paused for awhile. Waiting to have Donghae’s attention before he continued to talk. Donghae lowered his head and quickly wiped away his tears in his eyes and sniffed in all his mucus. He lifted his head and looked at his dad letting him continue what he has to say.

“We can cancel the marriage if you want. I’m okay with it, as long as you’re happy son. The family is more important than my career. I’ll talk to Mr Kwon for you,” he smiled and gave his soon a hug because he knew Donghae needed it since he was about to cry.

“Thank you, Appa!” Donghae hugged back tightly expressing his gratitude to his dad.

Both of them let go of one another, and tidy themselves up again. Donghae then remembered about something.

“Then what about Mum? Will she be okay with it?” Donghae asked.

“I’ll talk to her about it, but don’t worry. Mum wants you to be happy with your needs. Don’t worry about it son,” reassured Mr Lee.

Donghae did a 90 degree bow, expressing his gratitude once again to his father and left the office. He speed walked to the lift, and keeping pressing the basement level. Once he reached the car park, he ran to his convertible and left Jessica a text.

From: Lee Donghae.

Jessica-sshi, everything’s going to be fine. I’m going to find Yuri right now, but meet me at the 24hour Starbucks at 11pm. We need to settle some important things. You can get ready in 2 hours right? (:

To: Jessica Jung.

Donghae joked about Jessica getting ready in 2 hours, because base on experiences being in a relationship with Jessica, she really takes a very long time to get ready. Meanwhile, Jessica was at home sobbing, missing Yuri. Screaming in the hotel and punching the pillows to release her anger. Even the hotel manager called her room, to let her know that other tourists was complaining about the loud screams coming from her room at night. She received a text from Donghae, and smiled a little bit when Donghae joked about her getting ready.

“Donghae never change,” mumbled and smiled Jessica to herself. She replied Donghae’s message and jumped out from the bed and started to get ready by showering first.

From: Jessica Jung.

Aish, Araso oppa. Thank you for helping me. And please, I can get ready in 2 hours alright! I’ll meet you there.

To: Lee Donghae.

Donghae was already out on the road filled with city lights of America, New York. He received a text from Jessica and read it. He smiled to himself and focused back on searching Yuri. He sped on the road whenever he can, turning his head from right to left, hoping to find Yuri somewhere.

“Come on, you’ve got to be somewhere Yuri,” said Donghae to himself.

an hour has passed and there was still no signs of Yuri. Donghae didn’t even know where he was driving to, but decided to stop driving near the market to get something light to eat.

The market was still filled with people even if it was already at 10pm at night. The aroma of the food from different food stalls in the market attracted Donghae. Donghae stopped his engine. Before he got out, he took out his wallet and admired the picture of him and Yuri again, giving himself encouragement and support that he will find Yuri.

“Ahh! Where are you Yuri-ah?!” screamed Donghae and banged his head on the steering wheel to released his frustration, since he still can’t find Yuri. He kept his wallet. Suddenly, something captured his attention.

“Hey, isn’t that…YURI!?” he said. He didn’t even open his door to get out from the car, but jumped over it trying not waste time. He tailgated the person that he thought it was Yuri. He tailed her until the last stall, but as soon as the person turned her back, it wasn’t Yuri. It was someone else. Donghae apologized to her and walked back to his car in despair. He had to appetite to eat anymore.

Unexpectedly, he heard a heated argument behind his back.

“I, I no money. Solli solli… Pease l-let me go,” the person begged.

“Hey, you b___ you better pay me or else I’m going to beat you up!” the American man who was the owner of the stall shouted.

“I recognize this voice anywhere, it’s Yuri,” smirked Donghae.

“I’ll pay for her, I’m sorry,” Donghae apologized in English and paid the man.

“Is this your girlfriend? Better take care of her! She ate a lot of my food!” scolded the man.

Yuri was shocked to see Donghae paying for her, she was mad at Donghae because he will be marrying her, that’s what Yuri thought. Yuri at the same time was confused about the conversation between Donghae and the stall owner.

“Let’s go,” Donghae grabbed her wrist and dragged her out from the market.

“Aish! Bwoh ya!? What do you want?!” screamed Yuri, grappling away from Donghae’s strong hand.

“Listen alright! I’m not marrying Jessica! I didn’t even want to in the first place, I’ve talked to my dad already alright! I don’t love Jessica at all!” screamed Donghae in front of Yuri’s face even his saliva spat on Yuri’s face. Yuri wiped the saliva away and just kept quiet, feeling embarrassed for being rude to Donghae. She didn’t dare to speak, and just got in to his car, that’s what Donghae told her to do.

“You’re meeting her, and talk things out with her alright,” Donghae said while starting his engine. He wasn’t angry actually, he was rather glad and relieved he found Yuri and happy that he could patch a couple together again.

“Wait?! What? No, I can’t meet her. She should apologize first?” questioned Yuri, folding her arms, sulking. She didn’t want to apologize to Jessica, because she’s mad at her for keeping the secret.

“Aish! Can you like, man u- Wait no sorry, woman up? If you’re the man in the relationship, take some responsibility will you?” Donghae scolded Yuri and still was focusing on the road.

Yuri continued to sulk, but she didn’t whined about not wanting to apologize to Jessica because she missed Jessica and wants to see her again. She liked the idea of meeting her, but didn’t like the idea of apologizing. Donghae glanced at Yuri, knowing Yuri still didn’t want to apologize Jessica later on.

“At least, girl up then,” Donghae sighed and mumbled.

“What did you say?!” asked Yuri sternly.

“N-nothing, you’re going to apologize to her no matter what. If you don’t, it clearly states you don’t love Jessica enough,” Donghae rolled his eyes, hoping Yuri would decide to apologize after what Donghae said.

“Excuse me!? Don’t love her enough?! I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYONE DO, EARTH TO DONGHAE, YOU HEAR ME? I LOVE JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON. HAH!” shouted Yuri into Donghae’s ear.

“Ow ow ow! Do you swallow a microphone or something!? Tidy up, we’re reaching in 10 minutes,” said Donghae, rubbing his own ears, trying to comfort his own ear drum.

Yuri quickly brushed off all the dirt on her shirt and wiped that was stained with chilli sauce on her lips. Donghae quickly stopped his engine and got off from his car and ran to Yuri’s side of the door and opened it for her.

“I can do it myself, you know,” said Yuri.

“Just being a gentleman,” smiled Donghae.

Yuri got out from the car and thanked Donghae for opening the door for her. The both of them went in the Starbucks café, it was only 10:50pm. They were 10 minutes earlier, they thought. But when both of them got in, they already saw Jessica, in her white tank top and black cardigan with skinny jeans and flats, drinking her coffee.

Donghae and Yuri looked at each other, knowing that both of them were thinking of the same thing. JESSICA IS EARLY?! FOR THE FIRST TIME?! SHE CAME BEFORE THE TIME YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO MEET!

Donghae and Yuri giggled and walked towards the table. Jessica was looking at the Barista doing his job. Her view was then covered by Yuri.

“Hello!? Excuse me, you’re blocking my-” Jessica screamed at Yuri, but their eyes met halfway.

“YURI!?” Jessica shouted.

The both of them smiled and hugged each other since they missed each other. Jessica started to cry again, leaving Yuri wiping Jessica’s tears. Donghae was jealous of their happy ending, because Donghae is still searching for his.

“I’ll leave you two love birds to settle your things, I’ve got to go,” Donghae interrupted them. He turned away and walks towards the exit.

“Donghae-ah,” Yuri called out his name.

“Hmm?”

“Thanks man, really thanks. I’ll GIRL UP!” joked Yuri.

Donghae just bowed, smiled and waved to them.

“I’m glad you’re happy Yuri-ah. Stay happy always, we’re friends forever,” smiled Donghae, a tear ran down his cheek. He left a text message to his dad reminding him to talk about cancelling the marriage plans with Mr Kwon, and was told that it’ll be done by tomorrow.

“What a long day I’ve had, but at least I’ve done a good deed. Good Job, Donghae-ah,” Donghae smiled to himself and patted his own back.

Meanwhile at Seoul…

It was already the next morning for the people at Seoul. Taeyeon was alone at home, since Yoona was sleeping at the girl’s house that day. Taeyeon decided to text Tiffany to ask where she is, and was hoping Tiffany wasn’t angry with her anymore.

To: Pany Pany <3

Pany-ah.. Bogoshipeo! ~ <3 Where are you? And I’m sorry about yesterday.. ):

From: Tae Tae <3

Taeyeon already waited for Tiffany’s reply for more than 10 minutes, she then decided to take a shower to kill time waiting for Tiffany’s reply. Taeyeon took herself about 20 minutes to shower, she got out from the shower and blew dry her hair. She then suddenly received a message.

To: Tae Tae <3

Sorry for the late reply, I’m at Siwon’s. Do you want to come over?

From: Pany Pany <3

“Aish..Pany ah. Why are you at that idiot’s house? I’m worried for you, I have to come over!” said Taeyeon to herself. She didn’t even have her breakfast and rushed out of the house.

At Siwon’s house, Tiffany was cooking breakfast. Siwon was at the sofa, watching television by himself, but he didn’t focus on the television but he kept on checking out Tiffany’s .

“That’s hot…” said Siwon to himself. Siwon decided to walk towards to Tiffany. He was directly behind her.

“Hey there,” said Siwon. His breath came across Tiffany’s left ear and made her feel uncomfortable. Siwon was displeased because Tiffany didn’t replied to him. She just stay rooted on the ground, hoping Siwon would take a step back. Siwon lifted both his arms to her s, but the scene was interrupted by a door bell.

“Aish! What a way to kill the moment,” muttered Siwon.

“I’ll get the door,” Tiffany said and quickly get the door.

She opened the door and to her surprise it was her dorky girlfriend.

“Taetae! I’m sorry, I miss you so much!” Tiffany kissed Taeyeon and hugged her. Taeyeon then had difficulty breathing.

“Aish, mianhe Pany-ah,” Taeyeon hugged her back.

The couple went in, Taeyeon eye contacted with Siwon. She glared at him, signalling him to stay away from Tiffany. Siwon just rolled his eyes and pretended to be nice to Taeyeon.

“Ah! Taeyeon-shi! Annyeong!” bowed Siwon.

“Ah, annyeong,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes and lowered and quickly lifted her head back up.

“Tae, that’s not a way to greet someone,” Tiffany nudged Taeyeon’s arm.

“Ow, that hurt Pany,” pouted Taeyeon.

“Mianhe,” Tiffany pecked Taeyeon.

“Have you had breakfast?” asked Tiffany.

“Nope, not yet. I rushed straight away when I heard you were at Siwon’s, just being a protective girlfriend,” smirked Taeyeon, still glaring at Siwon.

“Aww, you’re sweet. But I’m fine with Siwon. Don’t worry,” Tiffany gave her killer eye smiled.

“Yeah, she’s VERY SAFE with me, Tae,” Siwon said sarcastically.

“Don’t call be that, never. Doesn’t sound nice when you call me that way,” said Taeyeon sarcastically and smiled at him.

“You guys are funny sometimes! Since Tae hasn’t ate her breakfast, join me and Siwon,” smiled Tiffany.

“I definitely, LOVE to,” smiled Taeyeon as she raised her voice when she said the word ‘love’.

“Argh, until when is that filthy dork going to be in my house?!” grumbled Siwon as he said in his heart.

--

Yoona and Seohyun was at the exercise corner, just finished exercising with the machine giving, they were at the park since 6am in the morning, which was 4 hours ago. Yoona was literally gasping for more oxygen because she felt tired after the 3km jog with Seohyun. Seohyun felt relaxed as she was ingrained to the exercise.

“Seohyun-ah. How, do you, even breathe!?” panted Yoona, she squatted and drank her energy drink.

“I’m used to it, I’m sorry if I have forced you to come along,” apologized Seohyun as she wiped her perspirations away.

“Aniya, I’m fine with whatever you’re doing. Don’t want you to be alone, but I really admire it when you still look relaxed even after a long exercise,” smiled Yoona.

“Thank you, Yoona,” smiled Seohyun and covered her cheeks because she was blushing.

“Here, let me wipe your perspiration away,” suggested Seohyun.

“G-gamsahamida S-s-seoh-hyun-ah,” stuttered Yoona because she was really shy when Seohyun did that.

“I wanna take you out on the date this time,” Yoona said confidently, remembering Taeyeon’s  ’20 seconds of courage’ skill.

“U-umm, s-sure, tonight?” asked Seohyun.

“Yes, tonight. We’ve been having a lot of dinners together, but we didn’t count any of them as dates. So I want to make tonight a date, araso?” smiled and ordered Yoona.

“S-sure,” smiled Seohyun.

--

Hello guys, just as I promised. Another chapter. Like the gif I made? Hahaha. I post up random tumblr gifs next time here okay? Thank you for supporting "Fated to be with you"!

But till then, Keep viewing, subscribing and commenting guys! <3 Thankyou. Love all of you <3

-escapethefate-