I Love You But I Lied

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Love You But I Lied

Mimi finally went away making Hana sigh in relief. She sat on the sofa across to Sejeong who is sitting silently, eyes looking down the floor. Hana felt slightly nervous to talk with Sejeong all alone, they are friends but Hana knows that Sejeong is her greatest rival in Nayoung's heart.

Sejeong took a deep sigh then looked up. Her eyes met Hana's stare and she smiled. "Thanks for letting me in, Hana unnie. I hope I am not disturbing you tonight."

Hana shook her head then smiled. "Of course not. You are always welcome here, Sejeong."

"Thanks. You are really nice, Hana unnie. You are not just pretty outside but also inside. You are almost perfect, Shin Bora." Sejeong said with her eyesmile.

Hana felt touched cause she feels sincerity in Sejeong's words. "Thanks, Sejeong. But honestly, I am not almost perfect. I think...you are better than me in everything."

Sejeong frowned. "What? That's a big lie, Hana unnie. I am nothing against you. You look like a goddess and you are so kind and sweet that's why I like you."

Hana frowned. "Like? You like me?"

Sejeong chuckled. "Isn't it obvious yet? I have a crush on you since the first day I saw you on the school ground. That's why I became your biggest fan, Hana unnie."

Hana remembered that Sejeong is always present in every practice of her with the cheering squad, always giving her snacks and gifts, and always cheering for her. Hana felt slightly guilty cause she asked Sejeong, her biggest fan to help her confessed to Nayoung.

"I'm sorry, Sejeong." Hana said making Sejeong surprised. "I'm sorry for being insensitive. I never thought that you have a crush on me that's why I selfishly asked you to help me confessed to Nayoung. I'm really sorry, Sejeong."

"Why are you sorry? You don't have to, Hana unnie." Sejeong said with a small smile on her face. "My feelings for you is just a fangirl crush, nothing compared to your love for Nayoung unnie."

Hana felt relieved for hearing that. She doesn't want to hurt Sejeong since they are friends and she's the most special person for Nayoung.

"The real reason why I want to talk with you tonight is not only about the two of us. It's about you, Nayoung unnie and me." Sejeong said seriously and Hana felt nervous. They both looked straight in each others eyes. "I want you to take care of Nayoung unnie. I know you will do everything for her but...I want to have an assurance that you will always be there for Nayoung unnie when I'm no longer around, Hana unnie."

Hana frowned. "What? Are you planning to go somewhere else, Sejeong?"

"I've received a scholarship in one of the prestigious schools in Japan for the next school year. I just want to make sure that someone I trust will take care of Nayoung unnie when I can no longer be next to her all the time." Sejeong said with a bitter smile on her face.

Hana shook her head then glared at Sejeong. "Why? Why you have to go and leave Nayoung? Don't you know how much she loves you?" Hana bit her lower lip, afraid to spoil more.

Sejeong chuckled. "I know and I'm so happy to know that Nayoung unnie loves me so much but...I think, this is the best I can do for the three of us."

Hana widen her eyes in surprise. "What? Are you doing this because of me? Do you still like me, Sejeong?"

Sejeong looked straight in Hana's eyes. She saw the guilt and nervousness in Hana's eyes making her smile bitterly. "Yes. I still like you, Hana unnie. You are still my ultimate crush."

Hana felt more guilty. She doesn't want to hurt Sejeong emotionally but she only looked at the younger girl as a good friend of her. "I'm so sorry, Sejeong."

Sejeong chuckled then shook her head. "You don't have to cause what I feel for you is just a crush, nothing more than that. Besides, I've finally realized that my heart always belong to the most special girl I've ever met. I'm sorry to hurt your pride but it's not you, Shin Bora."

Hana chuckled. "Really? Then who is it?" Her facial expression changed when she realized something. "Could it be...your bestfriend, Sejeong?"

Sejeong nodded her head making Hana's heart broke into million pieces. How can she win Nayoung's heart if Sejeong will make her move now? But...Sejeong will leave, right?

"I can't understand you, Sejeong. You are telling me that you finally had feelings for Nayoung but you will still go and leave her all alone? Why? Why are you so stupid and selfish, Kim Sejeong?!" Hana blurted out in too much confusion. Sejeong is so diffucult to understand most of the time and Nayoung is so special to be her bestfriend.

Sejeong took a long deep sigh then smile. "I know I am stupid for realizing my feelings for Nayoung unnie too late but I am not selfish, Hana unnie. I need to do this because I don't want to make things between the three of us more complicated. I have to go away because this is the best thing I can do for Nayoung unnie."

"What? How could you think that leaving Nayoung all alone is the best thing to do? How dare you, Kim Sejeong?!" Hana shouted then glared at Sejeong. Even though there's a big chance that Nayoung will finally love her back if Sejeong leaves, Hana doesn't want it to happen for it will really broke Nayoung's precious heart.

Sejeong smiled bitterly. "Just do the request of your number fan, Hana unnie. Take care of Nayoung unnie. Give her the love that she truly deserves. The kind of love that I can never g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter