Kim Nayoung

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Kim Nayoung

Nayoung's POV

I can't stop smiling whenever I see her face. Her personality is so bright and cheerful, opposite to my shy and timid self. Being her bestfriend since grade schools made me agree that opposites really do attract, but I hope that will be true also in love.

"Naong unnie, don't you want to come with us? Let's watch the cheering squad practice today." Sejeong said excitedly. Our other friends Sally and Soyee nodded excitedly too.

My friends and I watched the cheering squad practice whenever we can because some of our friends are part of it but I know that Sejeong has other reason why she wants to watch their practice most of the time.

"Our Sejeong is more excited to watch the practice now because her crush is the newest member of the squad, right?" Soyee said with a teasing smile for Sejeong who slightly blushed making my heart aches.

"I...I think I will skip today. I want to stay here in the library and study for our upcoming exams." I said making an excuse. I want to be with my friends most of the time but...I can't watch Sejeong fangirling over that pretty transferee.

Sejeong frowned."But it's too early to study for the exam week, Nayoung unnie. Just join us, please?"

Sejeong looks so cute pleading to me but I don't want to give in right now. I just want to stay alone and escape the pain I felt whenever I saw how Sejeong acts like a fangirl for her crush.

I take a look at Sally who understands my stare easily. "Let just let Nayoung unnie stay in this library, girls. We all know that she's an Einstein wannabe so library is her home." Sally said making Sejeong and Soyee chuckled softly cause we're currently inside the school library.

I want to roll my eyes at Sally's comment but just gave her a thankful smile for saving me in Sejeong's request. I can't understand how Sally or maybe even Soyee easily noticed my secret love for Sejeong who is still oblivious about it.

"Fine. I will let you pass today but next time, I will make sure that you can never say no to me, Kim Nayoung." Sejeong said acting coldly but gave me an eyesmile after. She had no idea that she can make me happy and sad at the same time.

---------------------------------

After I've spent some time in the library by reading some reference books, I went to my locker to fix my things then go home after. My eyes widen when I saw a letter inside.

'I hope this is not a death treath from the school bullies.'

I gently opened the letter, the paper used is fragrant and had some pretty designs. 'I guess bullies will never use this kind of paper for fun.'

I carefully read the letter making sure that I won't misinterpret the message of it. I tried to reread it again just to make sure that I didn't misunderstood it but...it's true.

"Who sent this letter for me? Isn't this a love letter? Is this true or just a prank?" I said with a frown. I looked around me hoping to catch a glimpse of someone who might be the person who wrote this love letter for me. "Whoever you are, you are not funny. I'm not interested in playing games with you."

I heard nothing but silence. I looked like a fool talking alone in this hallway. I sighed then just grab my things inside the locker including the love letter then walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter