일곱

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Seulgi didn't expect to return to school the next morning and get greeted by a crowd surrounding someone in the middle of the school hall. There was hysterical screaming and crying coming from the girl whom everyone was surrounding. 

It seemed pretty serious because there were a few teachers telling students to back up and trying to tell them to lower their volume. Now that the students backed up a little from the area, Seulgi tiptoed and squinted her eyes to see what exactly was going on. 

She frowned when she realized it was Joohyun screaming and crying while lying on the floor, and Wendy was right there with her, hugging her and preventing her from injuring her head from the way she was swinging herself. 

What the was going on? 

Seulgi pushed through the crowd, ignoring the looks of dismay the students shot her. She was too worried about Joohyun to care about that. Seulgi was beyond terrified as she watched the scene unfold right before her eyes. She had never seen something or anything like that in her life, and to see it for the first time, and for it to happen on someone she knew was an extremely scary thing. 

Joohyun was shaking while clinging onto Wendy, her screeches were almost as loud as those coming from a child screaming at the playground. It was chaotic. 

She must've gone into sensory overload. Something must've triggered her meltdown. But what? Or who? 

Seulgi bit down on her inner lip anxiously. The crowd was getting noisier by the second and that certainly wasn't helping Joohyun at all. She whipped her head around and glared at everyone. "Can all of you shut up?!" Seulgi yelled. That left the students quiet and shocked. 

Now that it was silent, Joohyun's cries and Wendy's pacifying were the only things heard. The school councilor was beside the both of them but Joohyun didn't seem to like having a stranger so close to her. So Seulgi took a few steps forward and bent down beside the whimpering girl. "Joohyun-ah..." Even as Seulgi whispered, it elicited a soft cry from the girl. Her ears were undeniably sensitive to any sound at that time. 

Seulgi kept quiet for a while, not wanting to overwhelm her, then she continued. This time she spoke even softer. "It's me... Seulgi.." 

Joohyun slowly looked up with wet, bloodshot eyes. She didn't say anything though; she didn't feel like talking. Wendy smiled a little at Seulgi, the tiredness on her face evident. It was hard to deal with Joohyun's occasionally meltdowns like these. 

"Joohyun?" Seulgi tried again, now moving to sit down instead so that she didn't feel intimidated. "Don't cry... I'm right here." She smiled at the girl. Seulgi kept her hand to herself though, because she knew that if she attempted to touch Joohyun, she would breakdown again. "...S- sensitive.." Joohyun mumbles between hiccups, her hands still covering her ears lightly. 

Seulgi slowly reached forward to hold Joohyun's hands, making sure that the girl was aware that she was going to touch her before doing it. "It's alright.. it's not loud anymore." She says while moving Joohyun's tiny hands down from her ears and onto her lap, not letting go of them afterwards. Joohyun looked around at the crowd surrounding them, and moved closer to Wendy, who rubbed her back reassuringly. 

"The rest of the students please proceed to your next class now, thank you." One of the teachers there announced, motioning for the crowd to move along to their respective classes to give the three girls on the floor some space. 

Joohyun had calmed down rather quickly from her meltdown but she'd still sniffle or hiccup occasionally. The school councilor didn't try to interfere with them since it was clear that Joohyun didn't want her to go near her; which was a good thing. 

Seulgi looked at her wristwatch, realizing that it was already 8am and Yeri and Joy were probably i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter