Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She's what?" 

"She's autistic, Seulgi. Joohyun was born with it." Yeri sighs and continues to walk to class, with Seulgi quickly following beside her. "I heard you the first time. I was just.. surprised." She admits, frowning slightly because now she felt kind of bad for not giving Joohyun a second chance. "Yeah.. she's actually a really nice person." They both sit down at their seats and take out their study materials. 

Now Seulgi was interested to know more about Joohyun. She didn't really know how to interact or socialize with someone whose brain works a little differently. For pete's sake, it was already hard enough for Seulgi to make friends with normal people. "So uh does she understand complex sentences and stuff?" That earns her a glare from Yeri. "She's autistic, not stupid." 

"I'm sorry okay? I don't know these kind of things which is why I'm asking you." The teacher walks in just as Seulgi says and the girl feels her brain getting fried when she spots the stacks of worksheets he brought in. Yeri laughs at the older girl and shakes her head. "Let's just focus on the lesson for now. I'll tell you more about Joohyun after this torturous class." 

Seulgi sighs. "Fine.." 

"You over there. What's your name?" The teacher called out, making the whole class turn to look at Seulgi. She awkwardly turns her head back to the front only to be met by a very scary looking gaze. "Seulgi." The teacher hums and eyes the girl up and down. "Seulgi, if I catch you talking again in my lesson, I'll be expecting you to write an essay about what you were talking about and have you hand it up to me by tomorrow. Understand?" 

Well someone was on her period.. Seulgi thought. She was so tempted to roll her eyes but since she wasn't in the mood to write some stupid essay, she grudgingly nodded. When the teacher turned back to conduct her lesson, Seulgi noticed Yeri silently chuckling at her. "Damn you Yeri.." she mutters almost inaudibly and jabs the girl in her sides a couple times. 

-

They were heading to meet the others at their usual spot after class was over. Thankfully, Seulgi didn't have to write that essay otherwise she would've killed Yeri. She was the one who made her curious about Joohyun. "So as I was saying earlier, Joohyun can understand most of the things we say. It's hard to name out what she can't understand or what she can't do though. You just learn as you interact with her." 

Yeri shrugs a little, "oh yeah she doesn't like it when you touch her. I tried that once and she got angry." She chuckled at the memory of her repeatedly saying sorry to Joohyun and trying to bribe her with biscuits. The girl was so adorable. "Just a tip, next time if she gets mad at you, bribe her with some biscuits or food."

"Wow you're such a sincere friend." Seulgi claps sarcastically. 

"Who's a sincere friend?" A voice came from behind. The two girls turned around to see Joy, Wendy and Joohyun walking up to them. Seulgi noticed how Joohyun clings to Wendy's arm and has her head down the whole time. "Of course it's me. It definitely couldn't be you, Satan-"

"Hey-"

"Alright cut it out you two." Wendy rolls her eyes at the tom and jerry pair. They really never stop bickering do they? "Hey what do you say we go to sing some karaoke?" Seulgi suggested all of a sudden. The satanic duo seemed like they were up for it but Wendy shook her head with a sad smile. "Sorry, Joohyun doesn't like loud places. It makes her scared." Seulgi mutters a soft 'oh' and decides to think of another place. Now that she knew of Joohyun's condition, she didn't mind hanging out with her. Because she understood that Joohyun didn't mean to be rude; she just couldn't help it. 

"What about the beach? Random, I know, but I haven't been there in years." She laughs a little, smiling when she catches Joohyun looking at her with big eyes. As soon as their gazes meet, however, Joohyun hides her head behind Wendy's should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter