My promise (Chaesoo)

Blackpink Shots // Fluff & Angst collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: yo!! today is this author’s bday so i rushed this chapter so i could get it out as soon as possible :) hope you like this, i for one really liked it, but the ending may have been a bit rushed. but if u like it, pls comment :) i’ll love it if you commented a happy bday too. maybe the one will be updated quicker then XD love y’all lots! [oh yea n ily too char] 

 

[oh and it’s really late and i’m really tired so i didn’t bother changing the italics in the original to here so pls bear with the mundane normal letters]

 

I once made a promise as a little girl.

 

I promised upon a cherry blossom tree that by the time the last leaf falls, I'll find my one true love.

Recalling those moments, I realised I was being foolish.

Who would even love me? Who would dare to give me a chance?

I was abused by my mother as a child, neglected by my twin brother who said she would return but it ended up being an empty promise on his part.

I didn't want to be like my brother - a person who makes empty promises.

But what can I do when the cherry blossom tree I just walked to was now only covered with a third of its beautiful petals?

I had given up the hope I was clinging on as a child.

Well... That was until I met you, my one true love, Park Chaeyoung.


 


 

~~
 



 

Six-year-old Jisoo trudged behind her grandmother, her small feet slowing down to match the pace of her grandmother.

 

“Grandma! Where are we going today?” Jisoo swings her arm back and forth, her legs hopping with the momentum.

 

Jisoo’s grandmother let out a breathy chuckle, pushing Jisoo’s fringe out of her vision. “We’re going to grandma’s favourite tree, it’s about another minute.”

 

Jisoo giggles, heart shaped lips splitting into a cheshire grin and eyes creasing into a cute eye smile. “Okay grandma, lets go then.” Jisoo carefully slips her hand to intertwine with her grandma’s, the older woman’s cheeks crinkling when she smiles.

 

Jisoo’s steps slowed down to a halt when she was greeted by the gigantic cherry blossom tree, standing rooted and proudly at the top of the hill. “Wow…” Jisoo steps closer to the top of the hill, her small frame leaning against the mighty tree, her eyes wandering to try to absorb the picturesque view she was greeted with.

 

“Grandma!” Jisoo squeals, bringing a palm up to cover , before continuing.


 

“It’s so beautiful.”


 

//


 

Jisoo started at the all too familiar cherry blossom tree that had not change one bit since the previous blossoms. Jisoo stared fondly at the beautiful words that was carved on a stone block, the large words “in loving memory of Park Jung Ah” written in cursive.

 

Jisoo always loved her grandmother, and even as she was little, Jisoo seemed to be able to converse perfectly with her grandmother. It was as if her grandmother always knew what to say to her, what words to say to make her give in and blurt our all her problems, what words to make her feel so much better.

 

And Jisoo loved how her grandmother knew that a hug could break down all the walls she’d built up.

 

So Jisoo told herself that by the time the last leaf falls, she’ll find her one true love.

 

//


 

Jisoo sighed for the upteenth time as she ruffled her hair, combing her hair with her fingers.

 

“What’s wrong now Jisoo?” Chaeyoung yawns as she stretches, her long leg giving Jisoo a playful kick.

 

“Chae! There are barely a third of the petals left! And he’s still not here!” Jisoo whines, propping her head up with her palm as she stared out of the window longingly at the cherry blossom tree.

 

Jisoo chewed on her lower lip anxiously. She’d been worrying about this for at least six years. Every day she’ll wake up and rush to stare at the cherry blossom tree, as if counting the number of leaves still present.

 

Jisoo knows this tree barely has a year more to live, the average lifespan of the said tree only being 16 years. Many people had called her stupid for basing off her soulmate’s arrival on the lifespan of the cherry blossom tree, and at the start, Jisoo would try to explain to them why. But it has gotten to the point where nothing goes through their head and all of them were hardwired to think she was simply a delusional idiot.

 

But Chaeyoung was different. She was the only one who said that the idea was incredibly “uwu” and she was also the only one who actually listened to Jisoo’s backstory, which she had deemed the concept to be “like a fairytale”.

 

Jisoo doesn’t even know who fed the poor girl all these words, but even though Jisoo absolutely adores the blonde girl, she couldn’t help but cringe when the girl had said that.


 

But she appreciates her all the same.


 

Jisoo was knocked out of her thoughts when she felt a figure plop down next to her, the blonde haired girl staring at the cherry blossom tree with the same dreamy expression that Jisoo just wore.


 

What is up with this girl?


 

Jisoo chuckled before tearing her eyes off the younger girl, both of them now staring at the beautiful cherry blossom tree.

 

“Don’t worry Jisoo,” Chaeyoung says, not turning her head to look at Jisoo.

 

“Hmm?” Jisoo hums, staring at Chaeyoung’s side profile.

 

“You’ll find them.”

 

“You think so?” Jisoo smiles, Chaeyoung mirroring the same toothy smile as she nods.

 

“What do you think he’ll look like? Tall? Short? Oh, and will he be a gentleman or would he be weird like me?” Jisoo rambles, the corners of her lips curving up into a wider smile.


 

And Jisoo doesn’t notice how Chaeyoung’s eye seems to twitch on its own when she said that.




 

~




 

Jisoo meets Chaeyoung at work the next day, and Jisoo notes how the whole work place seemed to be noisier than usual.


 

What on earth is happening? It’s eight freaking am and people are already this rowdy? It must be the end of the world.


 

Jisoo rubs her eyes lazily, stopping only when her eyes started to burn from the lack of fluid in her eyes.

 

“God dammit my eyes itches.” Jisoo mutters under her breath, blinking multiple times before her right hand returned back to its original place a few seconds ago, vigorously rubbing her right eye.

 

“Oof-” Jisoo coughs as she accidentally hits into a wall, not looking where she was going. Her right hand had already left her eye by now, and the constant rubbing made her vision a little blurry.


 

Wait- the wall is… moving?


 

Jisoo heard a soft giggle, making her blink once — hard, before squinting slightly, her eyes trying to make out the thing in front of her.

 

Jisoo reaches out to touch the thing, only to be surprised by yet another giggle and a “You okay there?”

 

“Holy what?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter