Prom Night (Jensoo Chaelisa)

Blackpink Shots // Fluff & Angst collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation of “I Need You "

 

Jennie sighed softly as she closed the door after Lisa left. Lisa was her close friend and she would never want to hurt Lisa, but fate had to mess with their friendship and Jennie thinks she screwed up really badly. Sure, she couldn't do anything about Lisa's feelings towards her, but one way or another, she still feels bad for indirectly rejecting Lisa. The girl was a good friend who always looked out for Jennie when she needed help, and Jennie would gladly do the same if she could. By in this situation, it appears that none of them could do anything. Jennie admits, she would accept Lisa’s invitation in a blink of an eye if she didn't meet Jisoo. But that's the point. She met Jisoo. Jisoo managed to weave into her cold heart, melting her with her cute dorky actions and that smile with her heart-shaped lips. Jisoo had confessed to her a few days ago, and Jennie happily accepted the confession, having felt the same way towards the other girl. But looking at Lisa’s hurt face, seeing Jisoo with her, Jennie can't help but feel a tinge of regret. Not because she accepted Jisoo’s confession, but because she really hoped her friendship with Lisa wouldn't end, but it seemed like it would because unrequited love never works out. 

Jennie leant her forehead against the door, eyes shutting tightly together as her shoulders rose and fell at an unsteady pace, soft sniffles and shaky exhales ruining the deafening silence. Hot tears rolled off Jennie’s cheek as she thought of the happy times she had with Lisa. The girl was really nice to her, maybe a little too nice. But Jennie shrugged her overly friendly actions as Lisa simply being affectionate to everyone she knows. And that was a grave mistake Jennie can never redo. She should have caught on to Lisa’s affections. She should have confronted Lisa about it or at least hint that she wasn't into Lisa the way she was into her. But she didn't. And now Lisa was suffering way more than she should be. And Jennie can't help but feel like she could have done something. 

“Jen?” 

Jennie felt a hand on her back, drawing soothing small circles, her mind momentarily forgetting that Jisoo was around. Jennie sharply intake a breath, the sound of a gasp shocking Jisoo. Jisoo must have thought Jennie was hyperventilating, because the next thing Jennie knew, she was spun around, Jisoo’s hands quickly cupping her cheeks. 

“Jennie breathe. Breathe.” Jisoo frowned in concern, her own voice shaking, eyes not leaving Jennie’s. 

“I-I’m fine.” Jennie croaked out, the fresh new badge of tears dripping down her face definitely contradicting her statement. Jisoo shook her head before stepping forward, enveloping Jennie into a hug, whispering into her girlfriend’s ear sweet nothings, trying to calm her sobbing girlfriend down. Jisoo was never the best at comforting someone, but seeing her girlfriend in this situation made her heart clench, and Jisoo tried to do whatever she could to put a smile on Jennie’s face. “Hey, wanna talk about it Jennie?” Jisoo asked, biting her lip after, not knowing if she asked a wrong question. 

But when she heard Jennie’s response, her heart dropped in relief, thankful that Jennie didn't get mad at her for asking such a disrespectful question when one was crying. 

“I-I just feel bad. If I told her I was dating you, she wouldn't be so hurt. I'm not crying because I regret dating you, but I just think that she was a good friend and I wouldn't want to lose her just because of a stupid love triangle you get what I mean?” Jennie finished, breathing slightly more stable as compared to a few seconds ago, puffy red eyes obvious to Jisoo. Jisoo frowned, thumbs wiping the tear-stained cheek below Jennie’s eyes. “It’s not your fault Jennie. And Lisa knows it, that's why she didn't say anything more to make you feel bad. So do us both a favour and stop crying?” 

Jennie sniffed softly before pulling Jisoo in for another hug, the older girl gladly hugging her back, ruffling the younger girl’s hair playfully. 

// 

And the next few days went by smoothly, Jennie forgetting about this incident after a week. And soon enough, prom night arrived. 

//

“Jennie!” Jisoo squealed and gushed when she did a once over on Jennie’s outfit, her girlfriend looking more gorgeous in a black one piece dress. Jennie grinned, her gummy smile making Jisoo melt internally at her cuteness, doing a cute curtesy and complimenting Jisoo back, actually loving Jisoo’s matching black tuxedo. It was a written rule that if a girl was coming to prom night with another girl, they wanted one of the two to wear a tuxedo, and if a guy was coming with another guy, one of them had to wear a dress. Their school was weird like that. But no one objected because it would only make prom night much more memorable and fun. 

Jennie smiled shyly as she stepped forward, small delicate hands adjusting Jisoo’s tie, the older girl turning into an obvious shade of red at the close proximity. Jisoo could actually feel Jennie’s breath hitting her lips gently, making her hold her breath, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of the girl with a shaky exhale. Just as Jennie stepped back, letting Jisoo breathe again, Jisoo fished out a key from her back pocket in her black skinny jeans, wagging it in front of Jennie’s face before uttering a “my lady”, and extending her hand out, palm facing up. Jennie giggled at Jisoo’s antics but played along, replying with her own “well thank you”, placing her hand gently on Jisoo’s, both of them walking to Jisoo’s brother’s car, which was a black shiny porsche, which Jisoo took at least a few days to plead her brother to lend her the car, also throwing in the offer of giving her brother love advice on the guy he likes, but it wasn't like she was an expert in that aspect or anything. Jennie’s eyes widened when she saw Jisoo’s ride, she knew Jisoo was coming to pick her up with a car but she didn't expect to see the latest porsche waiting outside her house! Jennie looked down at her own outfit before looking at Jisoo’s, thankful that they looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter