Stone Buddha or Dense Buddha (Senpai Notice Me ;) )

NaPink's Daily Life

-In Pristin’s Dorm-

The dorm was so crowded that the leader, Nayoung, has to retreat to the room. Though she loved being around with her little ones, she wanted to spend some time alone, with her laptop. Nayoung loves to listen to songs, watch TV dramas, variety shows, movies, reading online articles and stories on the web. These activities allowed her to disconnect herself with her idol world. Being an idol is tough- everyone knows- but since she has chosen this path because the career of singing and dancing and also connecting with fans is what she loves so she doesn’t complain or even regret about it. Besides, even a career oriented person will need some time off to relax and unwind, this is how the stone does it by using her latop to surf the web.

Since Nayoung was sitting at the end of the couch, she thought that it was easy for her to escape to her room like a ninja but little did she know that someone was following her to her shared room with Yewon, Yebin and Eunwoo. As she tried to close the door, there was a force that prevented her to close it and said the voice, “unnie let me join you.”

The stone Buddha could recognise the voice and loosen up, allowed the ostrich to enter.

“Unnie, why aren’t you joining us?” asked the ostrich.

“Hmmm, I just want some time alone.” Nayoung hummed and patted on the younger’s head.

“Unnie, am I disturbing you?” The older shook her head.

“Nope, you can join in. Be prepared to be bored since it’s me, Im Nayoung.” The older joked.

“Aniya, I won’t!” the younger hit her softly on her chest.

“Suit yourself.” Nayoung patted on the empty space of her bed.

Nayoung took out her laptop and started to search for new videos or movies that would entertain not only her and Kyulkyung as well since the younger was beside her. While she was looking at the thumbnail and the short synopsis of the short movie, the younger tapped on her arm and told her to click the video that she was pointing.

After 10 minutes into the movie, Nayoung was already into it. It was a romance/ comedy show and it has some elements of thriller. She was really intrigued by how the scriptwriter could think of the complex plot but managed to showcase everything in 40 minutes. Kuddos. Furthermore, Kyulkyung’s expressive reactions to the show made watching the movie more entertaining. She liked how the younger would look so dreamy like and squealed over the romance between the couple, laugh so heartily at the comedy part and would scream when she was startled by the thriller portion. The kaleidoscope of emotions really made the younger’s existence amazing.

“Unnie, did you enjoy the movie?” Kyulkyung asked with wide eyes, hoping that the older enjoyed it.

“It is the kind of movie that I would like. You did a good job,” the older nodded and tapped on her head to show that the younger did a good job in choosing a good movie.

“Unnie can I join you next time?” the younger asked innocently.

“Sure!” the older giggled as if Kyulkyung just knew her.

Nayoung’s answer made Kyulkyung feel that she has a chance to be with the stone leader but to Nayoung it felt as though she was interacting with her younger sister. The downfall of knowing someone for a long time. The younger had always liked the older. What happened in her 3rd year of training made her fell in love with the older.

-Flashback-

Kyulkyung was in the bathroom of the dorm. She was sitting at a corner and was crying so hard because her trainer had scolded her for getting a simple dance routine wrong. She felt as if she was a failure, it made her feel as if she was not ready to debut and the reason why she was still hidden from the public was because she was not outstanding. Other trainees who had been training in the company later than her were featuring in her seniors’ MV or appearing in commercials. She was just tired of being a trainee. She just wanted to pack her bags and go back to China to be with her family and friends immediately. She didn’t have to worry about the idol debt since her family could easily pay it off and she would just have to work in her family business to return the favour. However, the thoughts of leaving her new found friends in Korea made her persevere on her dream of being an idol all these while.

“Kyulkyung ah, are you alright? You have been in there for quite some time,” her friend, Eunwoo was knocking on the door.

Kyulkyung went to wash up and put on a face mask in order to conceal her face. Her was literally looked terrible, red and swollen eyes, puffy eye bags and slightly reddening of her nose.

“I was just exfoliating and doing facial, sorry for taking too long,” Kyulkyung apologised while opening the door. She then went back to her room and laid on her bed.

After a while, Nayoung entered her room and gestured her to move slightly to make space for the older.

“Are you alright? I know you had been crying inside the toilet. I have been training with you for a long time. Your facial mask trick wouldn’t work on me.” Nayoung knocked on the younger’s forehead.

Kyulkyung could never hide anything from the older. Nayoung was her older sister in the company. She would always be there for the younger whenever she needed someone to talk to and to be around with. However recently she had been feeling weird emotions whenever she was with the older. Her hands would turn clammy, her heart would beat erratically and would be excited whenever the older was in close proximity to her. After researching those foreign feelings, she concluded that she has a crush on Im Nayoung.

“Come here,” Nayoung opened her arms widely to tell the younger to be in her embrace. Nayoung the younger’s hair and told her everything was alright.

“You are the best trainee in the company. Besides, you just recovered from a flu, don’t be too hard on yourself. Also, don’t worry it is just not the time for the company to show you to the public yet, since you are our ace,” Nayoung consoled the younger and winked at her at the end. Kyulkyung blushed slightly and just hid her face onto the crook of Nayoung’s neck.

“Yah, your face mask is so cold and it is tickling me,” Nayoung pushed the younger away from her and started to tickle on the latter’s waist. Both of them ended in a laughing fit.

-End of flashback-

Until now, the younger had been trying to get Nayoung to fall in love with her but it seemed like Nayoung always treated her the same as the other members and even the I.O.I members. The ostrich is in lost and always wonder if the nickname “dense Buddha” would be more fitting for Nayoung. Kyulkyung would sometime want to scream “notice me senpai!” as well.