And it started

Choose Your Man!

                “Reporter Kim, Chief Kim called for you” Jun Yeol told Jennie as she walked into the office.

                “Why?” Jennie went to the pantry and come back with a mug of coffee.

                The whole work space filled with coffee smells. So refreshing.

                “Are you drinking my coffee? Seriously??” he just remembered the coffee he made in the coffee maker as soon as he arrived the office.

                “I know you made it for it me. Stop bushing around. Tell me why chief wants to meet me” Jenny sat on seat and started her computer.

                “I don’t know!!” Jun Yeol went into the pantry.

                “I left you some!!” she yelled with a laugh.

                “Aishh, I’m such a husband material” he chuckled while making another coffee for himself.

 

 

                Knock knock!

                “Do you want to see me Chief Kim” Jennie walked into the room seeing a man was going through some papers on his table.

                He adjusted his spectacle as he saw her in. A guy with a neat short ash hair. Wearing a light blue shirt inside with a grey striped sweater. Not too young but not old around late 20. Famous as ‘hot brain Kim Nam Joon’ in this field. He always knows the best topic to write.

                “Have a seat, Reporter Kim” he gave a short smile but sweet enough.

                She took a seat in front of him looking straight into his brownish eyes smiling. ‘My style!’ her mind speaks inside.

                “I know you look pretty smiling like this but I believe this is not the time for smiling” Nam Joon put a newspaper in front of Jenny.

                “Why, chief?” he eyes opened wide with confusion seeing him handed her their company’s newspaper.

                “Read the article that you wrote. Read out loud”

                “Gangnam – A man was arrected after trying to assltaued err.. a man witj a ..”

                “After this much of reading, you can tell the topic of our discussion, right?” he looked into her eyes waiting for answer as she was looking down in embarrassment.

                “I am sorry” she spoke after being silent for few seconds.

                “What is wrong Jennie Kim? Are having any problem?”

                “No. I’m fine. Completely” she smiled trying to cover up the problem she was having.

                “I have known you as a great reporter from the first day you were working with me. Your works never disappointed me in these few years. There must be something going on with you. Well, you know, we are working in crime department. We need to make our works neat, clean and understandable for the readers in all age”

                “I am really sorry Chief Kim. I promise that this will never happen again. You can fire me if this is repeated” she talked with her whole pride on it.

                “Okay. I got you. I won’t fire you. But you know that I trust you, okay?” he laughed.

                ‘How can a person laugh while looking smart!’

                “Okay. you can go now” Nam Joon continued looking through the papers on his table.

                “Oh sure sure” Jennie flustered.

                “Jennie” he called her before she opened his office door to go out.

                “Yes, chief”

                “Are you free tonight? Well, I want to try new restaurant near our company. It’s kind of awkward going alone, you know. So,”

                “Sure. Let’s go!” she smiled showing off her pretty and neat teeth.

                She closed the door and can’t stop smiling alone. “Is this a date? Heol. Wait! Did he just called my name?” she monologued while walking to her seat.

                “Why are you so happy? Did you just got a raise?” Jun Yeol asked as she was sitting in front of him. Their seat is facing each other.

                “Mind your own business”

                Jun Yeol just shook his head looking at Jennie. Jennie smiled and bowed to her other co-workers that were looking at them.

 

 

                Nam Joon and Jennie sat facing each other in the restaurant. They were smiling to each other while waiting for a waiter to take their order. A waiter came and handed them the menu.

                “What do you want to eat, Jennie-shi?” Jennie was surprised but happy to hear him calling by her name. She tried to act cool.

                “I will have whatever chief want”

                “Alright then. Hmm” he looked through the menu.

                ‘He looks so y this way. This is why smart guy is cooler than other guy’

                “We want to have cold noodles, please” he decided and the waiter took the menu away.

                “The noodles look delicious, right? Jennie tried to start a conversation.

                “Yeah. Hopefully they will taste as our expectation. Well, actually you can just call me Nam Joon outside the company.

                “Oh sure Nam Joon-shi” she showed off her teeth.

                “Look who we got here. Jennie Kim, my future wife with another guy” a guy in chef uniform stood beside their table.

                Both Jennie and Nam Joon was surprised by this person sudden appearance. Coming without any invitation to their table. Ruining their unofficial date.

                “Ji Min-shi. What are you doing here?” she looked at him from his hat to his shoes.

                “What do you mean? This is where I work. I am a chef here. You forgot? I told you already”

                “Aish” How can I forgot this. Should never come here.

                “Who is this Jennie-shi” Nam Joon felt like he was the third wheel in that situation.

                “Well, this is..”

                “I am Park Ji Min, her fiancé. And you?” he reached out his hand for a shake.

                “I am Kim Nam Joon, her chief at our workplace”

                Both of them shook hands and stared into each other eyes without letting go. Jennie was clueless about how to stop this. She wanted to scream!

 

 

                Ting! A text popped out from Ji Min.

                ‘What is your relationship with him?!’ -Ji Min

                ‘He is my boss! And it is none of your business’ -Jennie

                ‘It is my business as your fiancé. I have the right to control who you sociate with’ -Ji Min

                ‘Yeah right. Fiancé that my ran away father appointed. Amusing!’ -Jennie

                ‘Still a valid one. Remember that!’

                Jennie silenced her phone after seeing the last text from Ji Min. He is a kind guy when it comes to taking care of her but she’s not feeling into him. He is such controlling kind of guy. Suffocating! He also got some kind of weird vibe in him. ‘Ugh don’t want to think of it’.

                Jennie was waiting for around 15 minutes for Nam Joon in front of the office. Then she saw him walking to the office looking all dandy from head to toe. I mean shoes. She was thinking hard about what kind of excuse to come up with.

                “Can I come in?”

                “What?” Jennie was confused by that question.

                “Let me tell you..” Nam Joon’s face moves closer to Jennie’s face. He was staring at her red lips. ‘I like red’

                Jennie almost shrunk like a violet. Maybe melted already by those gestures.

                “You are blocking the only way into my office. Haha” he laughed and smiled with dimples showed.

                “Uh. Sorry! I really didn’t mean that”

                “It’s okay! Just kidding”

                A short silence with eyes into eyes.

                “Well.. Do you have anything to talk about?”

                “About yesterday..

                “Come into my office” he went into his office letting the door opened for her to come in.

                She closed the door and stood in front of the desk with her head down. Playing with her fingers as she couldn’t look at him straight into the eyes. She was waiting for him to speak first as he was looking at her dearly.

                “Sit down” Nam Joon’s voice flat.

Nam Joon could feel that something is off with her. Especially after the incident from last night. It wasn’t really a date. It’s more like a meeting because they were having a third wheeling. Jennie took a deep breath.

“I like you!”

‘Should I feel happy with this confession?’ he monologued.

“You are totally my type. You are kind, handsome plus good looking, smart and a lot of other charms”

“But?”

“Well, you know.. I already got a fiancé. I can’t tell him him to broke up even he’s a man that my father left to take care of me”

“So, it wasn’t even a love, right? I have the right to fight for you” his face looked serious.

“I am really sorry that I flirted with you when I already someone’s fiancé” Jennie stood up to go.

“I LIKE YOU TOO” his looking with his eyes dearly.

Jennie froze. She didn’t know how she should react to this. She didn’t expect this to happen. She thought it was one sided!

 

 

“What is wrong with you!” Lisa slapped Jennie’s back.

“It’s hurt!” she yelled.

Lisa pretended to not listen and lied on the bed.

“What do I do Lisa?”

“What?” she put a snack into . Chewing childishly.

“What do I do about my ideal guy, Chief KIM NAM JOON?” Jennie joined Lisa.

“Oh, that guy? Keep him”

“what about that Park Ji Min then?”

“Keep him!”

“Hey, crazy girl!!” she pulled Lisa’s hair.

They had a fight while laughing on the bed. They were roommate for 5 years as they rented a room together after being in Seoul. Their relationship was really close since the first time they met each other like they were each other’s soulmate. Lisa was a dance teacher around the neighbourhood. She was really famous for her ‘star catch dance’.

 

“Aish this girl really! Why you are not answering” he was walking back and forth in the kitchen.

“We are going home first, chef!” few workers greeted him before leaving.

“Alright” Ji Min said without looking.

After half an hour with no response Ji Min decided to call Lisa who he knew as her roommate through messenger. He didn’t keep her number as that would be weird as an acquaintance.

“Heeyy loo” Lisa was surprised seeing Park Ji Min’s profile picture popped out as the caller through messenger.

“Helo. This is Park Ji Min, Jennie’s fiancé. You know, right?”

“Yes. Yes. Of course. I know” she tried to be kind.

‘Luckily you use your own picture. I won’t take the call if you use any weird picture. Of course, you should use your own picture as you are good looking, right. Hihi. Eh, stop! What am I thinking’

                “Well I tried to call Jennie but she didn’t answer. Do you know why?” he sounded worry. They don’t have a really good term but she never rejected her call or treated him bad.

                “Oh, about that. Actually, she is sick right now. It’s kind of the time of the month, you know. I’m having a class right now and can’t go home yet. Maybe you can help her getting some food. I don’t think she can move much”

                “Okay. You don’t have to worry. I’ll do it. Thank you”

                ‘This is the chance now. You can’t refuse me now like you always do’ he grins. It somehow looks creepy yet dashing at the same time. He was having an intention inside.

 

 

Tininet! The door opened.

“You are home, Lisa? You bring food?” Jennie asked while lying on the bed. She didn’t have strength to get up. She heard plastics shifted.

“Nope” a man’s voice.

‘It is not Lisa! This voice!’ she forced herself to get up and leant on the bed head.

“Don’t force yourself. Just lie” he held her.

Jennie saw a man with black shirt in front of her. She knew him! His action made her panic while having her weak body condition. ‘I need to run out of here! But he smells meat. Ugh!!’

“Just lie on the bed here! Lisa gave me the pin. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you! As if we are stranger. I’ll cook first, I know you are hungry” he looked disappointed with Jennie’s reaction to his good intention.

“Ji Min-shi..” she called him with her might but still sounded weak.

“I protect, I don’t attack” he smiled and walk to the kitchen acting fine.

Jennie looked at Ji Min’s every action, even a small action. At first, she was watching out of fear but then she felt touched by his kindness. ‘He always this kind to people, how can I treat him bad’.

He suddenly felt awkward with the silence between them after seeing Jennie watching him moving around the kitchen.

“How can girls’ kitchen be this empty and lack of utensils?” he tried to make conversation.

“We eat out”

“Oh” maybe I shouldn’t ask this question.

The room filled with food scents. Smell delicious!

“Are you not done yet? I’m dying!” Jennie said that almost sound like whispering.

“Sorry. Sorryy. Here I come!! Haha” he opened the dish table and put the dishes he made. Looking good! Just like the man!

She took a sip of the soup. “Ahh. This is really good!”

“Eat this a lot! This is good for menstrual pain”

“Did Lisa tell you?!” she hit him with bang sound.

“It is hurt” he sounded like whining. Jennie laughed that she found it cute.

“Why?”

“Nothing” she still laughing.

“How can my fiancé never eat my cooking” he said while smiling. He looked sincere.

Jennie put here spoon down. ‘What do I do with him. This is much more complicated than writing article’