SooSica Connection

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Yuri are lying on the lawn with their heads touching each other. They have been like this for a while. They just lay there…sharing stories and dreams. 

Yuri: Hey Jessica. You didn’t finish your story…about your dad ignoring you.

Jessica: Ah…about that. In America, we were a very happy family. Even though dad’s busy with politics, he never fails to look after us. Mom stays at home to look after me and my sister Krystal. Me and my little sister are in good terms. 

Yuri: What happened?

Jess: where do I start..Hmm..you know, I used to be very sociable like you. My mom always tells me that I should be very warm with other people, that I should make a lot of friends because in that way I’ll be extending my family. We’re only four in the family in America. The rest are here in Korea but we haven’t made any connection with them…Mom said that she wanted a lot of people to look after me so that when she’s gone, she would feel secure that I’m always safe…She really wanted me to meet a lot of people. She even enrolled me in a music school wherein I can interact with different kids. On the day of our musical, my mom told me she might not come to watch because she was with my dad in a meeting for our future business. I told her she should come. I even threatened that I would not perform if she will not come. 

Yuri: Did she come? 

Jess: Nope.

Yuri: So you didn’t perform?

Jess: of course I performed. It was only a threat Yuri.

Yuri: Ow. So what did she say when you got home?

Jess: I didn’t see her at home.

Yuri: huh?

Jess: I only saw her at the hospital. It seems that she tried to catch up on our musical. She was driving so fast, and she tried to call me on my phone…(she was already crying) She didn’t notice that the traffic light was red and hadn’t had the chance to stop. A car was rushing from her left and it crashed unto her car. (She sniffs)...My dad blamed me for my mom’s death. He said that if I had not been so stubborn, my mom wouldn’t get into that accident…He started to ignore me after that. (she wiped the tears on her face)

Yuri: It wasn’t your fault Jess. It was an accident.(She was already sitting up. She touched Jessica’s head.)

Jess: I blame myself too, Yuri. Why did I even make that stupid threat?? (she covered her face with her hands)

Yuri reached for the handkerchief inside her pocket. She held Jessica’s hands and tried to make her sit up and face her. She wiped the tears away and hugged Jessica.

Yuri: Just let it out Jessica. (She was rubbing her hands at Jessica’s back.)

Jess: Thanks Yuri…I haven’t cried like this with another person before. Not even with Krystal. I guess there is something within you, a certain characteristic that makes me feel comfortable…makes me feel free…

Yuri: I’m just here Jessica. You can tell me everything.. 

Jess: At home…the helpers and the drivers call me the ‘ice princess’…I did the exact opposite of what my mom wanted me to do…Instead of being warm and friendly, I turned to being a cold loner. People then tend to misunderstand me. 

Yuri: Maybe it’s time to be your old self Jessica.

Jess: Maybe Yuri. (She escaped from Yuri’s hug.) Since this morning, I can’t seem to give you the cold treatment. I tried the icy glare on you but I guess it didn’t work. (she chuckled despite the tears rolling down her cheeks)

Yuri: hah! I didn’t fall for that Miss Jung! I know you wanted to be friends with me. The way you stared at me when I-(Jessica pinched her arm) OW!!

Jess: There you go again! So conceited..(she finally managed to laugh)

Yuri: You should laugh more Jess. It suits you. You have this…musical laugh…*I cant have enough of it*

Jess: I laugh whenever you’re with me, so don’t leave me okay? 

Yuri: Never. (she smiled at Jessica)

Jess: oh. I almost forgot. (she reaches in her backpack and got out a Polaroid camera)

Yuri: Cool camera you got there. 

Jess: It’s a gift from my mom before she passed away a few years ago. (She lifts the camera and focuses it on Yuri) Smile Kwon Yuri! *click* (she got the picture and gave it to Yuri)

Yuri: Omo…I’m so pretty…(she grins at Jessica)

Jess: (rolling her eyes) I just immortalized you Yuri. (It was her turn to grin at Yuri)

Yuri: eeeeh??? Me?? Immortal?? Are you a witch or something?? 

Jess: (she can’t help but laugh) No you silly! What I meant was that I’ll always have a picture of you both in my mind and in print. 

Yuri: oh…immortal’s a weird term to use.

Jess: My mom taught me that. She has this thing with pictures. She said that photos are great because these are evidences of our memories. These photos seem to immortalize memories. We can always have a reminder of that specific person we had a crush on or that specific event we always want to happen again. And with the technology nowadays, even if this picture gets burned, memory cards and computers can store this image, right?

Yuri: wow. Too bad she’s gone…I want to meet her.

Jess: I want her to meet you too. Wait...(she looks around her) My mom’s here!

Yuri: Yah! Don’t scare me like that! 

Jess: What are you talking about? I meant my mom’s here in the presence of these roses. She loved roses. She plants many of them in our garden in America. When she died, we made a special slab with her name and picture on it and we placed it near her favorite roses. When I’m at a garden, I can feel her with me. It’s as if she’s blended with nature. (she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath)

Yuri: You…are one…*beautiful, angelic and extraordinary*…weird girl.

Jess: and you need to bear with this weirdo for the whole school year. (she sticks her tongue out)

Yuri: Hmm…getting back to our project…we’ll make a documentary?

Jess: Nope.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter