Frenemies

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

*beep*

To: Sica
9:34 p.m
Sica! Can you come to school early tomorrow? I know you hate people disturbing your sleep but…it’s me your prince. I think I’m an exception…  Please grant my simple wish. 

A faint smile curved my lips. I pressed the keys on my phone:

To: Sooyoungie
9:36 p.m
Okay my prince. I’ll try my best to get up early. Good night. 

I sent her my reply, turned off the lights and went to sleep. 

The next day…TUESDAY

I woke up with a start. I admit I’m quite excited for today. Why would Sooyoung want me to get to school early? What is she going to tell me? I got my phone and saw that I have one unread message from Sooyoung. 

To: Sica
9:40 p.m
Good night my princess. May the angels in heaven sing you a sweet lullaby tonight. See you tomorrow!

I put my cellphone over my chest. I’m sure I’m turning all red right now. I looked at the bedside table and saw that I woke up really early. It’s just 6:42 in the morning. Oh well. I can’t go back to sleep now. I decided to take an early bath. 

Teehee. It’s been such a long time since I sang in the shower. I am feeling all happy and giddy today. Is this what excitement can do to you? After taking a nice hot bath, I skipped downstairs to the kitchen. Aunt Susan is not there. I think I’ll be making my own breakfast today. I opened the fridge and got some ham, cheese and eggs. I proceeded with my little experiment when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Oh…Hi auntie Susan.

Hi Jessica. What are you doing? She looked at my ongoing masterpiece.

I’m cooking! I said proudly. 

Tsk. Jessica, you shouldn’t put too much oil. You’re going to kill yourself with that. She shook her head. Let me fix this. You wait there. 

Okay. I sat on a chair and grabbed an apple. The apple’s very red. Hmm. Suddenly, the story of Snow White came to my mind. The witch gave Snow White a deep red poisonous apple. Hmm, did a witch leave it here? I took a bite and shrugged my shoulders. False alarm! The witch hasn’t stepped in my home yet.

After breakfast, I decided to walk to my school. I took the path where there are lots of trees. I was singing a lullaby when I heard a rustle. I turned around and saw no one. Maybe it was just my imagination. I was nearing the school when I heard footsteps. I stopped and looked at my surroundings. Then I hurried to the school’s gate.

? POV

I hid behind the bushes when she turned around. I can’t risk her seeing me. I’ll get you soon Jessica. 

Sooyoung’s POV

Where is she? I’m walking back and forth inside the room. In a few minutes, our classmates will come in. I want to talk to her privately, that’s why I asked her to come in early. I want to tell her my feelings in the most sincere way possible. I looked at the window to see if she has arrived. 

Then I heard the door open. 

Good morning.I turned around and she’s there.

Finally. I walked over to her and…

Good morning. She was looking up to me. Damn this height difference. Uhm…h-have you eaten breakfast?

Yeah. You? 

I’ve eaten too. I lied. Actually, Due to my anticipation, I skipped breakfast just to prepare myself for this moment. 

So…What are you going to tell me? She sat on a chair…and where is everybody?

Uhm…It’s too early for those lazy bums to go to school. Hehehe. Okay, my hands are shaking. Jess…

Yeah?

Have you ever met someone you hated and loved at the same time?

What do you mean?

I mean…Aish. How am I going to put this. I scratched my head. For example, is there a person you love who makes you vulnerable to everything he/she does and you hate it?

Jess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter