A date?

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

*ring ring ring ring*

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah! What’s that noise??? I turned over the bed and looked for the source. Aha! I got my phone but it stopped ringing…Who’s the dummy that disturbed my sleep?? Sooyoung! I rubbed my eyes and saw that she left me 5 calls and 3 messages…

From: Sooyoungie
6:56 a.m
Good morning Jessica~ I’m jogging at the park this morning. Care to join me?

From: Sooyoungie
8:03 a.m
Jessica…You didn’t show up. Anyway, let’s have a picnic today. I’m going to prepare the food okay? See you at the park at 8:30. See ya!

From: Sooyoungie
8:24 a.m
Sica-yah…I’m already here at the park. Where are you? I’m not leaving till you show up.

I looked at the time. It’s 10:28 a.m! OMO! Two hours already passed! I jumped out of bed and headed to the bathroom…Sooyoungie…I’m really sorry.

After thirty minutes…

Oppa! Don’t fetch me later okay? I ran inside the park and looked for her. Where are you?

And there she was lying under a tree…I ran to her. She’s asleep. She’s hugging the picnic basket possessively. I smiled. It’s the shikshin protecting our picnic food. Teehee. How cute. I touched her cheek…

Sooyoungie…wake up.

Hmm…she opened her eyes. Sica! She immediately sat up. Did something happen to you?? She tried to check me out but winced in pain when she moved. I think it’s because of her sleeping position.

No…nothing happened to me. I woke up late…I’m really sorry Sooyoung. You waited for me too long, you should’ve headed home. Because of me, you fell asleep in an uncomfortable position…come on. I’ll take you home. I hold on to her arm but she refused to sit up.

I don’t want to…I want to eat. I don’t care if you’re late, the important thing is you’re here… she laid out a white and red checkered linen. Sit. She pulled me down to sit. She brought out all the food inside the basket and laid them on the linen.We’ve got tuna sandwiches…fruits…banana milk…wheat bread and nutella…some chips and…some orange juice. Let’s eat! 

I watched her spread nutella on a slice of bread…she her lips in anticipation…

Stop drooling Sooyoungie…I chuckled.

Aish. Shut up. You can’t blame me. I jogged four laps around the park then I went home and packed this food. I resisted eating these because I want to eat with you…

I am really really really sorry. I never thought you’d bother inviting me in the wee hours of the morning. Besides, it’s our one week break, shouldn’t you be visiting your family somewhere?

Sooyoung’s POV

Visit my family?

Soo’s conscience: she’s right. I’m sure mom misses you.

Soo: should I bring Jessica along?

Soo’s conscience: what do you think? 

Soo: I can’t leave her alone here.

Soo’s conscience: then there’s your answer. You know what to do Sooyoung. Don’t rely on me too much. 

Maybe Jess. I’ll think it over. I munched on my nutella bread. This is really good. Here take a bite. I held the bread close to her lips. She took a bite.

Yum…Yuri used to make me nutella bread… Jessica looked away.

Missed her already?

Dumb question, Sooyoung. 

Well, we can never be too sure…maybe you’re enjoying my company that you’re not missing Yuri that much. I finished my bread and got a bottle of milk.

Aish. I’m enjoying your company, Sooyoungie but…you can’t stop me from missing Yuri.

Oh really? I took a few sip of my milk.

Yes really. And you, young lady, don’t you miss Yoona too if you’re with me?

I almost choked on my drink. Change topic please.

See. Tsk. You’re so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter