Agate

Midnight Howl

Agate is known as a protective stone.

Yixing screamed as Sehun stumbled around the corner, blood dripping down from his temple.

"YIXING GO." The orange haired male screamed. Yixing was speechless, frozen in spot as he watched Sehun lean back against the wall, breathing heavily.

He held his gun close to his chest, took a deep breath before peering around the corner. As soon as he did that, gunshots fired. Sehun quickly pressed himself against the wall and cocked his gun, "Yixing god damn it RUN."

Yixing stumbled for the elevator, pressing the button furiously. Sehun peered around the corner and took a couple shots. Yixing fought the urge to throw up when he heard the sickening thud of a body hitting the ground.

Finally, the elevator dinged and slid open. Yixing scrambled into it, "Sehun come on!"

Sehun shook his head and peered around the corner, unloading another round of bullets, "Go Yixing, go hide. I'll hold them off."

Yixing gasped for air as the elevator door slowly shut. The last thing Yixing saw was Sehun running out of bullets, dropping his gun and pulling another out of a holster tied to his ankle.  Yixing had thought the underground network to be safe, impenetrable. The mansion itself was heavily fortified. As the numbers blinked up, Yixing tried to catch his breath.

He had to hide.

Kris couldn't help. He was in Korea.

Sehun was stuck underground.

Jongin was hurt.

Chanyeol was trying to take care of him.

The other members were isolated, fighting their own battles.

Yixing was alone.

As the elevator slid open in the mansion, Yixing quietly stepped into the dark hallway. He had been here for long enough to be able to navigate the mansion in the dark. Yixing let out a shaky breath as he focused on getting one foot in front of the other. He'll go to his room, hide in the closet or something. He'd hide until Sehun or Tao fetched him. That was the plan. Yixing turned to go up the stairs but froze when he heard footsteps. At first he was elated. Maybe it was Sehun? Or even Baekhyun.

Then, with heavy dread, Yixing realized that the clunk of the heavy boots did not come from any of the wolf pack members. This was someone who was out to hurt Yixing. So the dimpled male quickly scaled the stairs, trying to make the least amount of sound possible. He scrambled into his room and slowly shut the door.

He could hear the clunking of the boots come up the stairs. Yixing thought of hiding in the closet but that was too obvious of a spot. He glanced over the room, desperate for a solution, for a hiding place....for anything. Then Yixing realized that the covers on his bed went all the way down to the floor. Yixing quickly dropped to his stomach and used his converse-clad feet to push himself underneath the bed. Just as the covers settled around him, he heard the door slowly squeak open.

Yixing held a hand over his mouth, trying to control his rapid breathing. He had to be absolutely silent. The footsteps moved around the room slowly. Agonizingly slowly. Yixing heard the closet door creak open and then be slammed shut.

Tears pooled in Yixing's big brown eyes as the feeling of impending doom washed over him. His stomach was churning, his whole body being rattled with the fear of him being discovered. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. Yixing strained his ears to pick up any movement, but nothing. But before Yixing could let out a sigh of relief, he felt a cold clammy hand latch onto his ankle and drag him from his bed.

 

 

 

36 hours earlier:

"A mole? You've got to be kidding me." Tao looked absolutely disgusted as he looked around the room.

Kris had held an emergency building for his highest ranked members. Yixing wasn't sure what he was doing, sitting by Kris's right hand but he sat quietly. He knew it wasn't his place to intervene. Jongin looked just as pissed as Tao, "I say we do surprise searches. Only a select number of people knew about that weapons deal going on."

Kris nodded, tapping his fingers against the table, "It was a last minute thing. I had refused but us taking down the Blood Clan made me take that offer. We needed to get our hands dirty for the others to trust us."

Kyungsoo scowled, flicking a knife into the wood of the table angrily, "And now we lost a shipping container full of firepower."

Kris waved his hand dismissively, "That's not the issue. We have to figure out who the mole is." The silver haired male stood up, "Kyungsoo, trace every call made to Korea in the past couple of days. I'm going to head over there, meet with Jongdae and Junmyeon and try to asses the damage."

Kris turned to Baekhyun and Jongin, "You two, put everyone who knew about the deal in isolated cells. Beat the truth out of them. I want to know what we are dealing with."

Kris finally pulled out his phone and thumbed through it, "Alright, I'm leaving in twenty. Chanyeol, I'm trusting you with queen. Not a hair should be out of place when I get back."

Chanyeol nodded, his pink hair falling over his eyes as he turned to Yixing. The giant winked playfully, "I'll take good care of him boss."

Kris nodded and straightened his jacket. He headed out of the room, stopping by the doorway, "Yixing?"

The dimpled male raised his head, looking at the silver haired male.

"Come. Walk with me."

Yixing stood up quietly and followed Kris out the door. Yixing had learned to just obey the taller man. Even if he fought back or disobeyed, Kris got things done his way. It was a waste of energy and time. Might as well go along with what he says. The more Yixing gains Kris's trust, the more likely he was to have a slim chance of escape.

"I'll be gone just a couple of days."

Kris spoke once the two were in the elevator, heading up to the mansion. Yixing nodded. Kris sighed and turned to Yixing, "Knock it off queen."

Yixing turned to Kris, wide eyed, "W-what are you talking about?"

Kris motioned to Yixing's stiff body, "This. Everything. You're so stiff and silent these days. You don't even put up a fight anymore." Kris paused, narrowing his eyes, "Are you waiting for me to get bored with you so you can escape?"

Yixing's eyes widened. He tried to shake his head 'no' but Kris had already pinned him against the elevator wall. The smaller's breath hitched as Kris leaned closer.

"Let's get one thing straight. You will not leave my side."

Yixing gulped.

"I also want you to be happy so if there is anything I can buy you, you have to tell me."

Yixing frowned, "You can't buy my happiness. I want to see Luhan. I want to see Xiumin and I want to see my grandmother! That's all I want."

The elevator dinged, signaling that they arrived at the top floor. Kris backed away, no longer trapping Yixing against the wall with his arms.

"I'll see." Was all the tall male said before he walked away, leaving Yixing dazed and confused.

Yixing later found out from Chanyeol that Kris had left to Korea. Jongin was beating down any one who might have been in touch with the mole and Baekhyun was doing the thing he did best, extracting information. Yixing didn't ask how the male did it, he was 100% sure he didn't want to know.

So he ended up stuck with Chanyeol in the lounge room, playing board games while listening to music. Yixing found Chanyeol's company very enjoyable. The giant was really funny, kind and he talked about Kyungsoo and Baekhyun a lot. Yixing asked if Chanyeol was dating either of them and he shrugged.

"Labels are overrated. I know what I feel...in here." The pink haired male said, patting his right pec.

"Uh...if you mean your heart, it's on the left side of your chest."

Chanyeol quickly swapped sides, "I knew that."

Yixing laughed and he rolled the dice. He moved his game piece and let out a shout when he realized that he won the game. "Ha! Take that!" Yixing hooted as he did a little victory dance in his place. Chanyeol rolled his eyes but got up to get the chocolate bar he promised to give Yixing if the dimpled male won.

As Chanyeol grabbed the chocolate from the snack bar, his phone started to ring loudly. He brought it up to his ear as he cracked open a bottle of wine.

"Hello?"

Suddenly, the male's body tensed. He quickly set the wine bottle down and transferred the phone to the other ear, "Wait what?!"

Yixing was about to open his mouth and ask what was wrong when suddenly, gunshots were heard. The Chinese male sprang up, his body coursed with fear as Yixing moved closer to Chanyeol.

"Alright I'll be there in a minute." With that, Chanyeol hung up his phone and pulled out his gun from his holster.

"Chanyeol? W-what's happening?" Yixing asked, moving closer to the pink haired male. He whimpered when another round of gunshots went off.

"Jongin was interrogating a member when he pulled a gun on him, landed a shot on his shoulder and ran out the door."

Yixing gasped as he followed Chanyeol out into the dimly lit corridors of the underground building, "Is he going to be alright?"

Chanyeol nodded, cocking his gun with his thumb as he quickly glanced around the corner, "Hopefully, but there's worse news."

Yixing blinked, "How could there be worse new-" He screamed when a man came barreling down the hallway, unloading a round of bullets at Chanyeol and Yixing. Chanyeol didn't hesitate to bury a bullet in the man's chest, "That's the worse news. It isn't just one mole, it's a whole group. They came from different gangs, seeking revenge. They've been here for years, waiting and plotting."

Chanyeol grabbed Yixing's wrist and led the male down towards the elevator, "I'm going to get you to Sehun and then I have to go check on Jongin...okay?" The dimpled male nodded gingerly. Chanyeol pushed him into the elevator and released warning shots at a man who came around the corner holding a gun in each hand. Yixing flinched at the loud gunshots.

He had been here for a long time now, and was familiar to the gunshots that the trainees released. But this was a whole other story. This time, the shooters were aiming to kill. Yixing didn't want the last thing he hears to be a loud gunshot.

Chanyeol was heaving as he pressed the 'fifteen' button on the elevator, "God we were so stupid."

Yixing frowned, "What are you talking about?"

Chanyeol sighed, scratching his forehead with the nozzle of his gun, "This....all of this is our fault. If we only searched a bit deeper during the background checks..."

Yixing placed a hand on the taller's arm, "Hey...don't blame yourself. People were out there planning for years to harm you. You did the best you could. Yes they infiltrated the headquarters but I fully believe that you, Kris and the others can defend your pack."

Chanyeol smiled widely as he looked down at Yixing, "No wonder boss keeps you so close."

Yixing smiled, a bit flustered at the sudden compliment. The elevator doors dinged open and Chanyeol's grip on his gun tightened. "Okay, Sehun was supposed to be checking our phones for bugs so he must be in the lab room."

Yixing followed Chanyeol quietly. The fighting must have not broken out yet on the floor because it was eerily quiet. Chanyeol pushed open a door and walked inside, pushing his gun back in its holster, which was clipped to his expensive belt.

"Sehun?"

At the sound of his name, the orange haired male peeked out from behind a large monitor, the big black glasses he was wearing were low on his nose, "What's up Yeol."

"Watch Yixing, the base has been infiltrated."

Sehun's eyes widened, his hand immediately going for his holster on his hip, "How many?"

Chanyeol shrugged, "Don't know, I have to go though. Jongin's been hit."

Sehun nodded and waved a hand at Chanyeol.

The pink haired male playfully ruffled Yixing's black hair, "Stay out of trouble, doll." With that, the tall male left quickly. Sehun sighed heavily and slammed a laptop shut before reaching over to unplug the giant monitor. He ripped off his glasses and tossed them on the table.

"Stupid systems, they're all down." He muttered as he stood up, "Yixing we have to go...now!"

Yixing nodded and followed Sehun out the double doors. The thought Yixing had earlier about the fight not reaching this floor yet no longer applied. There were bodies that littered the hallways. Yixing swallowed down bile that came up as he hopped over a pool of blood. Sehun was muttering unhappily. Yixing only caught a couple words like "too many" and "more moles".

Suddenly a bullet whizzed by Sehun, hitting the wall right next to where Yixing was standing . Yixing screamed as the man tried to shoot once more, but he was out of bullets. Instead he threw his gun at Sehun, which clipped the orange haired male on the forehead. Sehun hissed as the heavy metal object fell to the floor after making contact with his head.

"Sehun!" Yixing gasped as he saw trickles of red drip down the younger's face, "You're bleeding!"

Sehun gently touched the wound, frowning as he saw his red stained fingers, "Go Yixing."

Suddenly, more men came running around the corner. Seeing how they all pulled out their guns, they were not friendly. Yixing and Sehun ran like hell. Bullets were being shot at them from behind. They haven't been hit yet but it was awfully close.

Yixing screamed as Sehun stumbled around the corner, blood dripping down from his temple.

"YIXING GO." The orange haired male screamed. Yixing was speechless, frozen in spot as he watched Sehun lean back against the wall, breathing heavily.

He held his gun close to his chest, took a deep breath before peering around the corner. As soon as he did that, gunshots fired. Sehun quickly pressed himself against the wall and cocked his gun, "Yixing god damn it RUN."

Yixing stumbled for the elevator, pressing the button furiously. Sehun peered around the corner and took a couple shots. Yixing fought the urge to throw up when he heard the sickening thud of a body hitting the ground.

Finally, the elevator dinged and slid open. Yixing scrambled into it, "Sehun come on!"

Sehun shook his head and peered around the corner, unloading another round of bullets, "Go Yixing, go hide. I'll hold them off."

Yixing gasped for air as the elevator door slowly shut. The last thing Yixing saw was Sehun running out of bullets, dropping his gun and pulling another out of a holster tied to his ankle. Yixing had thought the underground network to be safe, impenetrable. The mansion itself was heavily fortified. As the numbers blinked up, Yixing tried to catch his breath.

He had to hide.

Kris couldn't help. He was in Korea.

Sehun was stuck underground.

Jongin was hurt.

Chanyeol was trying to take care of him.

The other members were isolated, fighting their own battles.

Yixing was alone.

As the elevator slid open in the mansion, Yixing quietly stepped into the dark hallway. He had been here for long enough to be able to navigate the mansion in the dark. Yixing let out a shaky breath as he focused on getting one foot in front of the other. He'll go to his room, hide in the closet or something. He'd hide until Sehun or Tao fetched him. That was the plan.

Yixing turned to go up the stairs but froze when he heard footsteps. At first he was elated. Maybe it was Sehun? Or even Baekhyun.

Then, with heavy dread, Yixing realized that the clunk of the heavy boots did not come from any of the wolf pack members.

This was someone who was out to hurt Yixing. So the dimpled male quickly scaled the stairs, trying to make the least amount of sound possible. He scrambled into his room and slowly shut the door.

He could hear the clunking of the boots come up the stairs. Yixing thought of hiding in the closet but that was too obvious of a spot. He glanced over the room, desperate for a solution, for a hiding place....for anything.

Then Yixing realized that the covers on his bed went all the way down to the floor. Yixing quickly dropped to his stomach and used his converse-clad feet to push himself underneath the bed. Just as the covers settled around him, he heard the door slowly squeak open. Yixing held a hand over his mouth, trying to control his rapid breathing. He had to be absolutely silent.

The footsteps moved around the room slowly. Agonizingly slowly. Yixing heard the closet door creak open and then be slammed shut.

Tears pooled in Yixing's big brown eyes as the feeling of impending doom washed over him. His stomach was churning, his whole body being rattled with the fear of him being discovered. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. Yixing strained his ears to pick up any movement, but nothing. But before Yixing could let out a sigh of relief, he felt a cold clammy hand latch onto his ankle and drag him from his bed.

Yixing screamed bloody murder. But no one could save him from the man towering over him. He had blood dripping down his face, coming from a cut that was right above his eyebrow. He looked scary, unfriendly and like he was going to hurt Yixing.

"Well well, I think I just found the boss's ."

Yixing was shaking.

"Shame that you're such a pretty little thing...I was ordered to kill you."

The man pulled out a gun from his belt, "Maybe I'll pretend to kill ya and keep ya all to myself."

Yixing blubbered nonsense, begging the man not to hurt him. 

"Shut up!"

The man had such a short temper. He swung his gun, letting it smash against the side of Yixing's head. The black haired male fell to the ground, head spinning as he tried to recover from the hit. The man scoffed, showing no mercy as he pressed the nozzle of the gun against Yixing's forehead. Yixing squeezed his eyes shut as he felt the cool of the metal weapon against his skin.

The dimpled male whimpered when he heard the man the gun.

Then, the trigger was pulled.

But it wasn't the man's trigger.

Yixing gasped as the man spat out blood, falling to his knees before sprawling out dead on the floor. He scooted away from the dead body that was now in his bedroom.

Yixing couldn't bring himself to look up, to see who had saved him. He was too much in pain. He figured the man must have hit Yixing harder than he thought because Yixing was seeing spots of black in his vision. But slowly he raised his head as the savior walked closer. Yixing could see, just before he passed out, a gentle smile. Familiar doe eyes. A soft hand on Yixing's own bloody fingers.

Yixing couldn't believe it.

"L..Lu-"

Yixing couldn't finish the word. He passed out from the pain.