Diopside

Midnight Howl

Diopside is known as a healing stone, one that heals trauma.

Yixing felt dwarfed in the office chair he was sitting in. He had his legs tucked in his chest, hugging them tightly as he kept a watchful eye on the tall, silver haired male. After Sehun had left, the male asked Yixing to follow him. He didn't introduce himself though, but he seemed to know who Yixing was.

The office was dark, lit only by the fireplace in the corner. The two wolves from before were curled up in front of it. One was asleep while the other was watching Yixing. Yixing flinched as the door shut. The silver haired male smiled reassuringly as he turned around, a steaming mug in his hand, "Yixing? Here. You must be thirsty."

He placed the mug down on the desk in front of the Chinese male. The liquid was chocolate brown and had bobbing marshmallows. Yixing looked at it suspiciously.

"It's not poison, just hot chocolate."

Yixing looked up at the male, still unsure of what to do. The stranger sighed, picked up the mug and took a long sip of it. He set it down again, "See, I just drank it. It's fine."

Yixing took the mug tentatively and sipped at the hot chocolate.  Immediately, his taste buds exploded with creamy chocolatey goodness. Yixing held back a moan as he drank more. The man smirked, "Good right? See, if I wanted to kill you, you'd already be dead."

Yixing froze, mid sip.

This caused the latter to swear, "Oh god, I mean...I'm Kris. Kris Wu."

Yixing set the cup down and bowed his head politely, "I'm Zhang Yixing."

Kris smirked, "I know."

"H-how...why did you bring me here?" Yixing looked around the office, "Where is here?"

Kris leaned forward against the desk, his hands rested on the dark wood, "This, all of this...belonged to my father. He swore to rid the streets of the gangs that tainted it. After he was murdered, I was made leader. Yixing, you may not understand right now but you are important." Kris leaned in closer, "Very important."

Yixing felt overwhelmed once more. Kris sighed and backed away. He clicked his tongue, causing one of the wolves to stand up. Yixing whimpered as it got closer.

"Calm down, Aura doesn't bite." The wolf proved Kris's words by just sniffing at Yixing before placing her head in his lap.

"She's just like a dog..." Yixing whispered, reaching down to pet her head.

Kris shrugged, "Only to the people she likes. Before, it was only me but for some reason...she really likes you."

Yixing smiled as he got bolder with his movements. He ruffled her fur, cooing and making cute faces. Aura was taking it all in. Kris grinned because he had seen this behavior before, from wild wolves. It was how mothers acted with their pups.

"Listen Yixing."

At the sound of his name, the dimpled male looked up.

"You're staying here. I'm sorry I uprooted your life but that's just the way it is now."

Yixing frowned and stood up, "What the hell?!"

Kris blinked, "Excuse me?"

"I said...what the hell." Yixing hissed, stepping closer to Kris, "You can't just kidnap me like some psycho and expect me to be okay with it! I have a life! I go to class, I have friends. You can't just take that from me."

Kris slammed a hand down on the table, making Yixing flinch, "Do you want to be alive or do you want your old life back?"

Yixing backed up, his eyes darted back and forth with confusion, "W-what?"

Kris sighed, rubbing his forehead with two fingers, "I'm sorry I yelled at you Queen. You were in trouble and I wanted you to be safe. So I had you brought to me."

Kris stepped closer. Yixing's breath hitched. The silver haired male moved slowly, as if Yixing was a wild animal he didn't want to spook. He gently took the dimpled male's hand and enclosed it in his own, "There are things that you don't understand. But you are so damn important. To the Wolf Pack and to me. I can't lose you."

Yixing found it very hard to breath all of a sudden. Kris let go of his hand and Yixing immediately felt the strange warmth leave his body.

"For a couple days, I have someone that'll be with you 24/7. Stay here, they'll be here in a minute." With that Kris walked out of the room, leaving Yixing in confusion. Yixing didn't understand anything. If this man...Kris, was a ganglord...why was he so nice?

Was it possible that it was this gang that caught those other bad guys and delivered them to the police? And why was Yixing so important? He had never heard of this gang before in his life.

Yixing decided to leave the room.

Thinking back on it, Yixing presumed it was a pretty dumb idea. Leaving a room which was safe and walking through an underground maze in which you know nothing of it.  It was pretty dumb but Yixing couldn't just stand idly and listen to some random ganglord.

So he walked out. Aura, the female wolf, was whining but Yixing closed the door before she could get out. The office must've been soundproof because as soon as Yixing stepped out into the hallway, he could hear crude laughter and loud shouts.

The voices were muffled but seemed to come from all directions. The walls were made out of metal and were musty. The lighting was dim and flickered every once in a while. Yixing picked a direction and started walking. Only, he yelped when he heard gunshots. His heartbeat immediately quickened. He was going to get shot. He was going to get killed down in this murky metal labyrinth.

All of a sudden, he regretted everything.

He was so stupid!  Why would he ever leave the room?

It was too late now. Yixing just had to keep walking. So that's what the dimpled male did. Ignoring the faint gunshots, Yixing kept walking until he turned the corner.

His heart dropped to his stomach.

It was a dead end, only a door. But standing in front of the door were two men. They were tall, greasy and scary. Yixing tried to back away from them before they noticed but he was too loud. The first one looked up, grinning when he saw Yixing.

"Well looky here, it's a little kitty who lost its way."

Yixing tried to back up but only ran into a guy who suddenly appeared behind him. He was just as scary looking. With a cigar hanging out of his mouth and his bloodshot eyes, he scared the crap out of Yixing.

"P-please." He whimpered, trying to run but one of the guys just grabbed his wrist.

"Where you going Kitten? Don't you want to have fun with us?"

Yixing shook his head as he tugged his wrist, trying to pull out of the scary man's hold, "N-no please...let me go."

It all happened so quickly, Yixing barely heard the gun shot. He could only scream as he tripped backwards, away from three bodies that now littered the hallway. Yixing spun around to see a tall lean male leaning against the wall. He playfully blew at the nozzle of his gun, like a cowboy in an old movie and shoved the weapon back into his belt.

"Seriously, boss leaves you for one second and you're already causing all loads of trouble." The male said, laughing as he walked closer to Yixing. The dimpled male was now visibly shaking like a leaf. As a person who cried after accidentally stepping on a ladybug, he was absolutely traumatized by the bodies.

The male who fired the gun seemed unfazed, which really worried Yixing. His eyes were lined with dark kohl, emphasizing the dark eye bags underneath his stormy grey orbs. He wore expensive branded clothing. He had a choker around his neck that looked like a collar and he was chewing gum loudly. The exact type of person Yixing wanted to avoid.

"Gosh, you're like a little bunny. Follow me before I have to shoot more people for ing on you." The tall male walked out of the dead end corridor, stopping before turning the corner, "Oh, I forgot. My name is Tao and you should follow me if you want to stay alive."
 

 

Yixing followed him. Of course he did. Even though he was stuck, in this crazy labyrinth of mafia filled walls, he wanted to live. Tao already killed for him, who was to say he wouldn't do it again. Yixing tried to keep his mind off the incident. But every time he closed his eyes for too long, he could see the wide eyed man fall, his chest covered in blood as he lay on the floor. It haunted Yixing. He just really wanted to go home.

But Tao led him up to a lounge, past a small room where girls and guys danced to suggestive music.

"Small club." Tao said, motioning to the guys on stage, "Just a little stress reliever for our gang members."

Yixing wanted to scoff. On top of having training areas, swimming pools, dorm rooms and multiple gyms...they also had a mini club underground? 
Yixing found himself being more and more impressed as well as more traumatized. 
Tao pushed open a pair of doors into a room that was much more sophisticated than the main lounge of the club. 


The music was still audible but it was a tolerable buzz in the background. The room was mostly filled with chatter and the cracking of pool balls hitting into each other. There was a small bar in the corner, and a familiar orange haired man had his back facing Yixing as they walked by. Sehun turned just as Yixing passed him and he gave the shorter male a cheeky wink.

Two others were throwing darts and drinking while another was playing billiards.

Yixing turned to check out the entire room, only to freeze up when he saw three guys dance intimately together in the corner. They were clearly drunk, whether on alcohol or on each other, Yixing couldn't tell. But he looked away quickly, his cheeks flushing bright red.

Tao scoffed when he saw how flustered the Chinese male was, "That's Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. You'll get used to those three horn dogs." He said as he collapsed on the couch.

He leaned back, letting out a huge groan as he lifted one hand lazily in the air, "God.... Sehun, get me a drink." He placed his feet on the table in front of the leather couch, his combat boots clunking heavily as he crossed his feet. Yixing was standing awkwardly until Tao pulled him down. He pointed out the two males playing darts, "That's Jongin and Junmyeon." Yixing gasped when he saw the familiar tanned face.

Jongin seemed to hear Tao say his name because he turned around. Yixing felt cheated as he looked at the male. It was Jongsun...no... Jongin. Yixing had let the man into his home and was kidnapped for it. Jongin's full lips twisted into a smirk before he turned his attention back to the dartboard.

"That's Jongdae." Tao motioned to the man playing billiards. Yixing watched as he took one last hit before walking over to Tao.

The blonde haired male flopped down on the couch opposite from Tao and Yixing and called out for a drink from Sehun.

"Oh hello there." Jongdae's mouth stretched into a full grin as he looked Yixing up and down. It took all of the dimpled male's will power not to curl up into a ball under the latter's scrutinizing gaze.

"Stop that, you know he is boss's."

Jongdae rolled his eyes, "Doesn't mean I can't look."

Tao nudged him with his foot, "Doesn't matter, you're scaring him. Knock it off."

Jongdae let out a groan but turned over to lay on his back. He hummed a weird tune as his eyes traced the ceiling. Yixing could see the male's jacket was ped and half of it flopped to the ground. The black haired male's heart quickened when he caught sight of a hot pink gun tucked away beneath the latter's belt.

Did everyone here have a gun on them?

Sehun walked over holding two glasses full of bright green liquid. He set them on the table, shoving Tao's feet off.

"What the hell?" Jongdae sat up, taking the glass into his hand and inspecting the green drink, "Why does this look like Hulk's ?"

"Hey! It's a new recipe!" Sehun said, a pout on his face as he walked over to Tao who had his arm stretched out for him. Yixing watched with wide eyes as Sehun sat in Tao's lap and leaned down for a kiss from the brown haired male.

Yixing quickly diverted his gaze as the two started getting more into it.

"Oh god, stop it before I shoot myself." Jongdae said, pretending to throw up. Sehun pulled away, his lips now plump and shining red with saliva, "Shut up Dae, you're just jealous."

Jongdae snorted but let the comment pass. Sehun stood up and walked back to the bar, probably to mix up more strange concoctions. Tao leaned forward and grabbed the drink off the table. He took a tentative sip and gagged. Jongdae laughed as Tao set the drink back down, utterly disgusted.

Yixing found himself smiling at the latter's face. He was reminded of all the funny videos he watched of babies eating their first lemon.

After a couple of minutes, a cloud of awkward silence settled over the three. Yixing coughed lightly, not knowing what else to do. Jongdae was picking at his nails while looking very bored while Tao seemed like he wanted to say something but he held it back.

Finally he spoke, "Dammit, Jongdae just say something to break the silence."

"According to all known laws of aviation there is no way a bee should be able to fl-"

Tao cocked his gun.