Moonstone

Midnight Howl

Double update! Make sure to read the first chapter


Moonstone is believed to help reach one's destiny.

Yixing laughed as he shoved his door open, "Come on Lu, it can't be that bad!"

The said male wailed over the phone, "You don't understand Xingie! My auntie is horrendous! She's all like 'Lu why haven't you graduated yet? My snookiepooks already has a stable job!' Or 'Lu why are you so skinny? My snookiepooks has a six pack already!'"

Yixing laughed harder at his friend's high pitched mockery.

"You laugh now Xingie but one day, when you meet that woman..." Yixing could practically see Luhan shuddering from the other end of the phone.

There was a loud thump and a squeal from Luhan, "Hey Xingie I gotta go, Minnie is back and I think he brought food home!"

Yixing smiled, "Okay Lu, have a good dinner."

Luhan pressed an audible kiss against his phone speaker, allowing Yixing to hear a loud 'MWAH', "Love you babe, don't stay up too late rehearsing again."

Yixing grinned, his heart warming from the love that his best friend was giving him, "I won't." With that he hung up.

Yixing was a twenty year old student who lived alone in a narrow, two storied house. The top floor was rented off to an old man who had a habit of having wild bingo games with his buddies.

His house wasn't luxurious, Yixing could spread his arms out straight and only have a foot of space on each side. But it wasn't shabby either. Small, cozy and comforting. Yixing dropped his bag on the couch and threw his keys haphazardly into a bowl. With a loud sigh he collapsed on his couch. He waited for a couple minutes before standing up painfully. Yixing limped to the bathroom, his calfs and thighs sore from the intense dance practice and workout session.

He had a bucket sitting in the shower just for days like this. Yixing filled it with scalding hot water and carried it back to the living room. He sat back down on the couch and set his feet inside the water, making sure it didn't spill. He moaned loudly as the hot water did its magic with his tense muscles. It was burning but it felt good.

A small cat peeked its head in through the window and Yixing smiled. Lola was the neighborhood cat. No one knew who the owner was and Lola just skipped around houses. Some nights she spent at Yixing's and other nights, god knows where she goes.

Lola jumped up on the couch next to Yixing, purring loudly as she nuzzled into his thigh. Yixing the cat's brown fur and reached for the t.v remote. He switched it on and was about to change it from the news channel (he watches it in the morning for the weather don't judge him!) when a woman appeared on screen, looking quite troubled.

"Breaking News. Dozens of gang members, many of which are high on the public enemy list showed up half beaten to death at the police station. Authorities have been after these figures for many years and are puzzled on how they just appeared on their doorstep overnight. Is it possible we have a vigilante roaming our streets at night? Or could it be the gang decided to give up their members? Now, over to Sungwon for the weather, more on this story later tonight."

With that Yixing switched the channel. He continued Lola, enjoying her purrs, "What do you think girl? Do we have our very own Oliver Queen in Changsha?" He moved his feet ever so slightly, hissing as the hot water relaxed his muscles.

Lola continued to purr but jumped when a huge crash of thunder was heard. Yixing's heart jumped to his throat as the lights flickered off. Lola yowled, her cat yells filled up Yixing's small apartment. "Lola please!" Yixing pleaded. The cat stopped immediately. Yixing blinked, taken back at the uncharacteristic obedient behavior. "Huh."

Yixing patted his couch, trying to find his phone in the dark. Once he got hold of the device, he turned it on and activated the flashlight tool.

The dim white light filled up the room, giving Yixing's loving apartment an eery look. Yixing yelped when another crash of thunder was heard, this time much louder and closer. Not even a second passed when lighting filled up the sky, illuminating the living room in a quick, dark way. He stood up, not caring as water splashed out of the bucket. He walked towards the main door, thinking that he saw a shadow outside.

His wet bare feet were sticking to the hardwood floor, his skinny jeans rolled up to his knees.

Yixing yelped again when he heard heavy pounding on the door. He gulped, creeping closer to the front door. He couldn't hear the normal footsteps from above, so he assumed the old man upstairs was out. Yixing hoped he wasn't stuck out in the storm, the rain was coming down fairly heavily and the thunder shook the sky.

The pounding increased and Yixing flung open the flimsy door to see a young man standing at his doorstep, huddling in the hold of a taller, tanner man.

Yixing tilted his head, confused, "May I help you?"

The smaller male grinned, his mouth forming a rectangular smile, "My name is Baekjung and this is my fiancé Jongsun. Our car ran out of gas and our phones died. We were actually on our way to my parents house, we were going to break the news that we were going to get married."

The tanner male smiled, his brilliant white teeth made him seem younger, more playful, "Could we use your phone? And possibly dry off? No one is answering their doors."

Yixing slowly shook his head, "I-I don't know....I-"

The taller man, Jongsun reached into his pocket and pulled out a worn out leather wallet. Yixing watched as the tanned male pulled out a driver's license. He handed it over to Yixing, who looked over it.

Sure enough, the guy's face matched the name. Yixing frowned, he knew he shouldn't but the couple seemed so sweet. The smaller male was shivering intensely and looked like he was going to collapse. Yixing could see the tan male squeeze the smaller's hands, their rings clashing together. Yixing smiled and opened the door further, "Of course, please come in."

Another clap of thunder shook the house as Baekjung and Jongsun entered the house. The power was still out and Yixing sighed, "Sorry guys, my power is gone. I can give you my phone?"

Jongsun smiled again, "Thank you so much! What is your name? I can't forget the man who helped us."

Yixing grinned, "Zhang Yixing."

Baekjung took the phone and walked away, most probably to call his parents. Jongsun looked around, grasping how the room looked between flashes of lightning, "Cute house." He faltered at the bucket of water sitting on the floor. Yixing laughed nervously as he moved it aside, "Sorry, my feet were just sore from dance. Just unwinding."

Jongsun winked at him, "Trust me, as a fellow dancer. I get it."

Yixing smiled, "Thank you. Would you like some water?"

Jongsun shook his head, "No thank you. Is this your cat?" He bent down to Lola.

"Actually no, she just resides in the neighborhood. Lola comes and goes as she pleases."

Jongsun cooed, "Aw her name is Lola? What a cutie! Aren't you Lola? So cu-OW."

Yixing gasped as Lola howled loudly, swiping her claws at Jongsun's hand and darting away, "I'm so sorry! She's never acted that way before, I don't know what's up with her!"

Jongsun hissed, gently messaging his scratched up hand, "Its alright, it just reminds me why I'm a dog person."

Baekjung came back with the phone in his hands, "Thank you! My parents are sending my brother over to pick us up!"

Yixing grinned, "It's really no problem, congrats on the engagement by the way."

Baekjung grinned, flashing a thousand watt smile, "Aw thank you Yixing." Jongsun hissed from where he was standing, holding his bleeding hand, "Yixing, can I have some water please?" Yixing nodded, feeling bad that his feline friend had hurt this sweet stranger. He turned his back on the couple, dismissing their frantic whisperings as sweet nothings.

That was his first mistake. He neglected to notice the slow footsteps creeping up behind him. As the water gushed out from the tap, he neglected to notice the hands snaking towards his neck. Baekjung pressed two fingers into a small pressure point, causing the Chinese male to faint immediately, "Kai, contact the boss. We have the target."