Aquamarine

Midnight Howl

Aquamarine is associated with courage.

Yixing took a deep breath as he sat in front of the fireplace. The embers were burning low. The wolves were asleep. Aura lay her head in Yixing's lap, rumbling quietly as the dimpled male ran his fingers through her thick fur. Yixing was typing away at an expensive laptop, one that Kris gifted him. Since Yixing was no longer attending his college, Kris enrolled him in the best online university. It wasn't uncommon to find Yixing sat somewhere, intensely focused on his computer screen.

Sometimes he would be outside in the garden with Luhan. Other times he was in the council's lounge, typing away at an assignment as Jongdae and Jongin did their best to distract him. Which usually lead to Tao and Junmyeon kicking their asses for disrupting their poor, hardworking baby.

But most of the times, Yixing sat in front of the fireplace, snuggled up with the wolves as Kris sat at his office desk. More then once, the taller male offered to get Yixing his own desk, or even his own soundproof room but the latter always refused.

He liked Kris's office, and dare he say it, he liked Kris's company as he worked.

It was nearing midnight as Yixing was finishing up an assignment. He was alone. Kris had to go check up on the trainees. Avira, the male wolf, slowly woke. He stood up shakily before making his way towards Yixing. He rubbed his head against the male's shoulder, sniffing his scent.

Yixing grinned and scratched at his fur, behind his ear where he likes it.

It was really odd...Kris having two wolves as pets. But he raised them since they were pups and they obeyed him. Sure, they were kind to Yixing and Kris and allowed the dimpled male to treat them like puppies but they never lost their wild side. Many times, the wolves snapped at the heels of men who wandered too close to Yixing as the male walked around the halls. The two wolf siblings were feared by the men but Yixing adored them. They kept him company, gave him snuggles and comfort.

Suddenly the office door slammed open and Kris walked inside, his mouth twisted into a deep frown, "You little con artist."

Yixing's eyes widened, "Me?"

Kris leaned back on the desk, facing Yixing. He looked very cross, with his eyebrows furrowed and his arms folded across his body, "Yes you. You somehow convinced my entire team to let you go to the Midnight Howl."

Yixing bit his bottom lip nervously. Oh.

"At first, it was just Luhan. The question caught me off guard, it was so random. But then Sehun asked, then Jongin and then Jongdae."

Kris knelt down, staring Yixing down with his hazel eyes, "How did you manage to wrap my entire team around your finger in less than three months?"

Yixing could only smile sheepishly.

Kris sighed, "Well the answer is no."

Yixing stood up quickly, almost dropping the laptop, "No?! Kris you have to let me go."

Kris blinked slowly, "First of all, I don't have to do anything. What I say, goes. If I say Yixing can't go to Midnight Howl, Yixing won't go to Midnight Howl."

The pout of Yixing's face twisted at Kris's heart. He was stronger then this though. He would not give in to Yixing's kicked puppy look.

"Queen, I do everything for a reason. The club is dangerous. What if someone tries to kidnap you?"

Yixing crossed his arms, "Try to grab me."

Kris was taken back, "Excuse me?"

Yixing blinked, "You heard me. Try to grab me, take me out of the room."

Kris stood straight, "What are you playing at?"

Yixing rolled his eyes, letting his arms fall besides his body, "Just do it. I'll be fine."

Kris sighed but nodded, "Alright then."

The tall male stepped closer, his arm reach out for Yixing. As soon as his hands closed around Yixing's shoulder, the dimpled male spun so his back slammed into the taller's chest. He twisted the arm and grabbed it tightly.

He bent forward, using the momentum of his own body to flip Kris's body over his. With a loud thud, the silver haired male landed on his back, groaning as he held his arm.

Yixing stood over his victoriously, "Now can I go?" 





 

"You, sugar, are a miracle worker!" Sehun cooed as he booped Yixing's nose with a makeup brush.

Yixing twitched his nose, letting out an adorable sneeze as the bristles of the brush tickled his nostrils. The sneeze caused eight different 'aw's to echo around the room.

Seven of those made sense. Sehun was helping Yixing get ready for the first time in a club. Tao was there because he self proclaimed himself as a fashion king and 'icon'. Jongin was there because he never really left Yixing's side. Luhan and Xiumin were also getting ready with Yixing. And finally, Chanyeol had Baekhyun in his lap. Both were situated on the couch, both ready to go.

The eighth person in the room was a random bodyguard. So Yixing was surprised to hear the really tall, muscular man let out a coo when he sneezed.

The bodyguard blinked as the seven Wolfpack members turned to him, "What? He's cute."

Tao rolled his eyes and went back to picking out an outfit. Sehun chuckled and continued to brush off some powder, to smoothen the foundation on Yixing's cheeks.

"See, everyone is falling for you left and right." Luhan sang cheerfully, only to wince when he tried to change his earring.

Yixing scoffed. What bull. 



 

The music was loud. 
Of course it was loud, it was a ing night club. But it was louder than Yixing anticipated.

Kris said that he had work to do and would be joining them later. And by then he means the ten other wolf pack members who vanished into the crowd of people, leaving Yixing sitting alone at the bar. Luckily he wasn't alone for long. Sehun popped up from behind the bar, his hand playfully tugging at a fashion collar/leash thing he wore around his neck.

"So what do you want Sugar?" He asked, popping his gum bubble loudly. Yixing winced, rubbing his fishnet covered shoulders uncomfortably, "Um...water?"

Sehun gasped, "There is no way in hell I'm letting you drink water at a night club."

"Uh Yes you are Oh Sehun, remember? Boss orders."

Tao, what a knight in shining tight leather pants.

Yixing shot him a grateful smile as the lean male took a seat next to him.

"What! Boo, that's no fun." Sehun pouted, pouring himself a weird concoction of alcohol. Tao rolled his eyes, "Well, he's never had alcohol so boss really does not want Xingie drinking when he's not around. Or at all really."

Sehun almost spat out his drink, "You've never drank before?!"

Tao scowled and gently pushed Sehun backwards by his forehead, saving Yixing from embarrassment. "Stop that you orange haired hoe. Not everyone is martini addicted as you are."

Sehun just stuck out his tongue.

Yixing shivered as he looked around. He didn't talk much to begin with but in an environment completely different from what he was used to? He was almost mute. Tao seemed to notice his discomfort because he pulled Yixing into his lap, holding him tightly, "Don't worry sweetie. All the members are floating around, keeping an eye on you," he paused and looked up to see Chanyeol not so subtly checking out Baekhyun and Kyungsoo as they danced together.

"Okay, most are keeping an eye out for you. We're not going to let anything happen to you."

Yixing gratefully squeezed tao's hand, still a little too overwhelmed to speak.

"You're welcome. Now, care to join me on the dance floor?"

Yixing's face brightened at the words 'dance floor'. He hopped off of Tao's lap and nodded, "Where's Lu and Xiu?"

Tao nodded in the direction of the dance floor where Xiumin and Jongdae were dancing quite closely to each other. Luhan was in his own world, happily jumping around to the beat of the song. Yixing quickly joined his best friend on the dance floor. Luhan was delighted to see the black haired male dancing next to him. Yixing immersed himself in the music, letting the deep beats of the song guide his body. He finally felt free. His body brushing against Luhan and Tao's, Yixing was happy. He was enjoying himself.

Until he saw her.

She was young, barely out of high school. Her cheeks were streaked with tears. She looked terrified. Yixing slowly stopped dancing, everyone else around him became a blur as he focused on the girl.

A man held her wrist tightly, holding her in her spot, in front of a closed door.

Yixing had to do something.

The short male squeezed himself out of the crowd and walked towards the girl and the man. He saw the door open and a man step out. Yixing quickly hid behind the corner. There was a flash of silver on the guy's belt and Yixing was willing to bet it was a gun.

He had to be careful.

So he hid. He listened.

"Is this her?"

The man's voice was gruff, causing the girl to whimper more.

The man holding the girl's wrist nodded, "Yea, where do I drop her off?"

The man paused, most probably looking the girl up and down, "My boss is waiting in his car, out front."

The man nodded and stretched out his hand. The other man, the one standing by the door pulled out an envelope out of his suit pocket and slammed it in the latter's hand, "She was expensive."

The man peeked inside the envelope. He must of liked what he saw because he grinned widely, "She's worth it, trust me."

Bile rose to Yixing's mouth as the man made his comment. How dare these two treat a poor girl like this?

Yixing had to do something.

In foresight, Yixing should've waited, came up with a plan and then approached the man. But he was just too angry and disgusted. As soon as the door closed, Yixing came out of the corner. He tried to hold himself tall and proud, like Tao or Sehun. The black haired male walked with such confidence and asserted such ual confident aroma. Yixing dreams to be like Tao.

He stopped in front of the man, "Is this her?" He tried to sound nonchalant but it took all his willpower to keep his voice from shaking.

The man looked Yixing up and down, frowning, "Who are you?"

Yixing rolled his eyes, "Idiot, you don't even know your client's assistant. I'm here to take the girl to boss."

Damn, Yixing deserves an Oscar for this performance.

The man squinted his eyes, scratching at his five o'clock shadow, "Oh yea? Prove it."

Yixing scoffed, "Are you kidding? I don't have time for this, my boss is very impatient...but if you must." Yixing dug into the pocket of his skinny jeans, praying he slipped in a couple notes in the front before he left the mansion.

Luck was on his side because he pulled out many 100 notes. He moved closer, slipping the notes in the man's front pocket on his shirt, patting his chest before moving back, "Take that tip and once I deliver the girl, I'll come back and tip you some more."

Yixing winked, hoping the eye shadow that Sehun applied on him made him look sensual and grown up.

The look the man was giving him made Yixing beyond uncomfortable. He was wearing a sleeveless muscle tank but his shoulders, arms and torso were covered by fishnet-type material. And he wore full length skinny jeans (slightly ripped of course. Tao swears on his life that they are fashionable.)

It must of worked because the man basically shoved the girl onto Yixing, his mouth salivating (honestly he was such a pig), "Hurry back sweetcheeks."

Yixing nearly threw up at the nickname.

He took the girl's hand, intertwining their fingers before he squeezed her hand reassuringly. She gave him a weird look, confused at if she should trust him or not. Yixing waved goodbye, wiggling his fingers playfully before hauling towards the bar area. Luckily Jongin was at the counter, waiting for a refill. Without stopping, Yixing grabbed his arm and pulled him out the door. The tanned male stumbled out, confused on what Yixing was doing.

He froze when he saw the terrified girl.

"Yixing? Explain."

Yixing at this point was loosing his . He had lied. He had ing conned a man, flirted with him and then stole a girl"Oh god Jongin I didn't know what to do. I just saw her tears and I'm like god I have to do something but what do I do and I didn't think I just do and it's bad. Oh god Jongin it's really ba-"

"YIXING."

Yixing froze, his breath still heaving. Jongin placed a supportive hand on his shoulder, squeezing it gently, "Breath babe breath. Calm down."

Yixing took a deep breath, his bottom lip still quivered. But he was calmer.

Jongin grinned, pushing the brown hair out of his face, "Good. Now slowly, from the top. What happened?"

Yixing sighed, "I was dancing and I saw this girl-" he held up the hand that still held the girl's own thin fingers, "And she looked so scared I had to help her. Apparently she was being sold or rented or some sick and I had to help her! So I flirted with the guy, convinced him that I was the boss's assistant and took her. Jongin we have to get her back to the WolfPack, she needs help! What if there's more girls and guys like her?"

Yixing was slowly talking faster, his hands being thrown in the air as he ranted with passion.

"Whoa, Yixing calm down. First of all, we'll head back to base and we can talk to Kris okay?"

Yixing nodded slowly, "Okay."

Jongin led Yixing and the girl towards the VIP parking lounge and helped them into his car. He shot a quick text to the others (even though all of them were drunk or preoccupied) before starting the car. Jongin turned the key, letting the engine purr to life. But before he pulled back, he placed his hand on Yixing's thigh, "Yixing?"

"Yea?"

"You did the right thing."

Yixing smiled. He looked in the rear view mirror, catching the girl's eye. She smiled softly before mouthing two words.

Thank you.