one.

Castle on the Hill

A girl with long wavy black locks sighed as she placed another rock on top of a stack built on a hilltop. She did that everytime she went to the said hill. And every time she went there, she vented out her anger and frustration by staring into the scenery, sometimes, taking a nap or just anything she can do.

The stack already stood as tall as the girl's waist due to her frequent visits. She went there almost every day she can which is nearly daily. It's as if she has never-ending problems in her life. That isn't entirely wrong. Life has been quite hard for her to live. Filled with stress, and fabricated happiness. No one to rely on. No one to confide to.

She grew up a loner. Her former friends stopped trying to be friends with her. Either they grew tired of her or she isn't interesting enough to be friends with, they just stopped talking to her. She was bullied for some reason she doesn't know nor does she want to know.

"I've got a school trip tomorrow. One week, I guess? I just hope everything's going to be quiet. I can't go here for a while. Stay strong until I come back, alright?" she said, to her stack of stones. The stack is basically her only friend, and she's honestly contented with it.

The stack won't hurt her feelings, at the very least. She took a glance at the scenery, and decided to go back home after a few deep breaths inhaling fresh air that calmed her for a while.

The next day she went to her trip as planned. She sat alone in the bus, of course. Who would want to sit with her?

She hugged her bag to prevent others to steal it and make fun of her. Not long after, she eventually fell asleep.

She woke up a few hours later, and the bus has just arrived at their trip's destination. Luckily no one is still messing up with her. She stood up and wondered how much of her peaceful time is left.

Just as she finished the question in her mind, someone shoved her out of the aisle of the bus back to her previous seat. She glanced at who it was, and just stayed quiet as the one who pushed her and the others passed by one by one. In the end, she was the last one to get out of the bus, and she was placed into the leftover room with the other girls who were outcasts in their classes or they just have no friends to share a room with.

She was still quite lucky, though. The only bed available when she arrived was on the bottom bed of one of the double decks. She asked her roommates if that bed was hers and they just nodded without even paging a glance at her.

She smiled to herself, and settled down at her bed.

It's going to be a loooong week to get over with.

~~~~~~~~~

She looked at her watch and figured out that she had a lot of time left for the day, so she decided to go to the hill, before going home.

She was already mumbling how her week passed by, even before actually reaching the top of the hill where the stones stand tall, and unmoved.

She looked around for another stone to put, but got distracted by a couple of stones placed together right beside her own.

One, two, three, four, five, six. That's exactly how many days I was away. Someone came here?

She wasn't sure if someone was starting a new stack of stones or those were just lying on the ground, but she remembers that there are not a lot of stones left to find near the hilltop, because every single stone has been collected by her. In the end, she just left the six stones, and struggled to find stones to add to her collection.

While finding for stones, she continued her rants.

As usual, she was bullied during the school trip. She was not able to eat dinner on the first day, shoved into the water on the second day, cleaned up after other's mess on the third day, tricked with directions on the fourth day, and had to spent the night of the fourth day, alone and lost, leaning back against a tree, and cold wind sending shivers down her spine.

She got back on the fifth day, and was immediately tripped by someone while walking, so the rough road grazed her knees with wounds. Finally, on the sixth day, the bullies went all out, misplaced her shoes, her bag, pulled her hair for no reason behind the teacher's back, became a target all throughout the duration of a dodge ball game, "accidentally" splashing water towards her clothes, and stealing her pair of shoes, once again, and a lot more pranks that seemed to slow down the time that day. The last day seemed like the longest day ever. The pranks just never stopped at all. Not like she can do anything about it. How she wish she can do anything at all.

Actually when they got back to the school from the school trip, she got locked inside the girls' restroom, but managed to go out a few minutes later with the help of a school staff. She was quite scared, thinking that she'll have to spend the night there.

After she put the stone she picked up, she intertwined both of her hands with each other, and prayed.

If these are someone else's stones, can you please let me not meet him or her until the moment one of us stops going here?

I don't think I need another person to deal with, especially in my favorite place.

Or if You decided to let us meet, I hope he or she has a nice personality. Or at least, manageable. Let me live, I beg of You.

She slowly opened her eyes, and sat down on the grass, as the cold fresh wind blew, soothing her senses, and calming her anger from the past events.

Soon after, she decided to go home, and get some rest before their classes the next day resume.

Just then, a man also came to her usual spot after the girl was gone, and spent time alone, sitting beside her stones.

What a life I'm living. the man thought to himself.

He just stayed for a while, and left almost immediately after a few minutes of sitting. But before going home, he picked up a nearby stone, and placed it beside the larger stack.

Would we meet some other time? I hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~

A week has passed, and she's now impatient to find out who it was. 

"How come I don't see him or her when I literally go here, every day? Does he or she go here too early?" She ranted, as she picked up a few stones at the bottom of the hill. She climbed to the top, and was welcomed by a lying-on-the-grass figure of a guy who wore a plain red shirt, black ripped jeans, and a pair of white sneakers.

The guy was taking a nap, by the looks of it, so she decided to quietly approach her stone collection, and leave quietly, too.

But her dumb feet decided to trip over a stone, which made her fall down to the ground, with a possible sprain on her feet.

"What luck I have." She remarked sarcastically, loud enough to disturb the guy from his nap. He looked at her with a frown, but he wasn't angry, he was just startled.

His eyes hovered around the girl with a wavy long black hair, a see-through bangs, a pale skin, and a pained expression due to her hurting ankles, who wore a white long sleeves paired with skinny jeans, infront of him. He examined her for a while, before the girl spoke up.

"I know this is so sudden but can you help me? I think I sprained my ankle." She asked, her pained expression turning to an embarassed smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments are highly appreciated!! ;----;