"You have 3 months."

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The drizzling rain outside his window convinced him to take another 10 minute. And so he snoozed his alarm clock and went back to sleep. 

When he woke again from the million phone calls, he realized he had ed up.

Scrambling out of his bed, Yoongi grabbed the phone and accidentally rejected the call. He called back quickly and the caller was pissed. 

"YOU DARE REJECT MY CALL NOW, MIN YOONGI?!"

The yelling was too much for him. Yoongi had the phone away from his ear, the sleepiness finally left him thanks to that screeching from his best friend. 

"I'm up," he murmured, voice cracked.

The other side quieted. 

"I'm on my way, I swear."

"yah,"Yoongi  the voice called his name calmly. Yoongi concentrated on what his best friend would say next. "School is already over for today."

Yoongi pulled the phone back and read the time. 

Oh.

"I've been calling because I forgot the key and I've been standing out here for an hour now. Open the door!"

The last bit was heard along side a bang on the door. Yoongi dropped the phone and scurried to answer the door. Opening, he found Jin standing outside with a death glare so fierce Yoongi didn't even dare to look twice. 

"Were you dead?" Jin shot him a look as he was coming inside. 

Yoongi's dorm room is as cramp as any school dorm could offer, and whenever Jin came to visit (which was all the time), Yoongi was reminded that he needed to organize his living space better. He wanted to learn from the few Japanese students he encountered at school since he heard that Japanese were the master of simplicity and minimalism. 

"I was exhausted," Yoongi answered. "I stayed up all night getting the homework done."

"What's the point of doing homework if you're just going to miss class and not having it graded anyway?"

"It's for my conscience," Yoongi plopped down on the bed and got slapped on the shin. 

"You sit on the floor." Jin commented, and Yoongi was not in the mood to argue. He had just woke up, he'd swim in a lava lake if he was told to because he was an idiot. 

"Anyway," Jin murmured mostly to himself. "Someone asked for you today..."

Yoongi reached to grab one of the manga Jin had brought. "Who?"

"That boy you love—" 

Yoongi looked up, eyes flaring. Jin was maintaining his firm eye contact until Yoongi looked away first. 

"—to avoid." Jin finished. He could hear his tiny best friend sigh in relief. 

Jin sighed too. "You can't live like this."

"Like what? Be more specific. It hasn't been an hour yet since I woke up."

"I bet with my classmates about you a week ago. Don't let me down, Yoongi."

"What bet?" Yoongi lowered his manga. He hated to admit but he was a little interested. Just a little. 

"You know our school is small. Talks travel fast."

"What talk?" Yoongi had now closed the manga. Jin was glad he did, because what he was about to discuss could lead to urge to tear things apart and he was rather fond of his newly bought babies. 

"The talk that you're gay and ."

"I am gay."

"I know but still," Jin searched for a better structure to put his words. He didn't want to waste the 5,000 won he had bet on getting Yoongi a boyfriend within a week.

"There are talks," Jin started. "That you are faking your... You know, for attention. And I know that's not the case but I can't defend you when I have no evidence to back it up. I'm not trying to pressure you but, get a boyfriend."

"I don't even have time to sleep, what makes you think I have time for another human being?" 

"You have time for Holly. He'd still be here if the dorm headmistress didn't ban pets."

"Holly is different. He wouldn't wake up one morning and decide he didn't love me anymore."

"Aha!" Jin snapped his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter