[1]

twenty-three

 

word count: 34,194

no proof read. i apologize for the errors. 

warnings: violence; mention of drugs

 

 

 

It's never a normal day for Park Chanyeol. It was always someone barging into their station, continuously asking for things they don't understand or even people complaining about their fellow neighbors, but those are just mere examples of what the officers face every day. Chanyeol's the head officer in their city, making him well known mostly for his good deeds and, of course, for his looks. Most of the people who see Officer Park for the first time will think that it's such a waste for him to just be in a small, filthy police station, but it's the opposite for Chanyeol. He loves his job.

 

Another day of paper works and endless chats with people, who keeps on making excuses to get themselves off the hook. Most of the them came here intentionally just to talk with the good-looking officers though, including Sehun and Jongin, two of the officer's friends.

 

Chanyeol walks towards the coffee vending machine, then leans against the wall with his legs crossed, "Another wave of paper works," he stated when one of his friends, Oh Sehun, inserted a coin into the vending machine, pressing the button for the macchiato flavored-coffee which he doesn't really like but drinks it anyway to keep himself awake early in the morning.

 

"Same content, but new sheets of paper, you mean," he rolls his eyes with a small smile playing on his lips. Chanyeol cracks a smile as well, agreeing with Sehun. He carefully nears the paper cup, filled with hot coffee, to his lips, blowing air at it, before taking a sip. He walks towards the front desk with Sehun, taking the folder from the table, "Let me take care of that, hyung," Sehun stated, taking the folder of new set of works from the older one, "I'm done with mines anyway."

 

Chanyeol looks at Sehun with his eyebrows scrunched up, letting out a quiet chuckle, "Whatever you're planning, I can't go and I can't treat you, I'll be really busy."

 

"Ah hyung, I just wanted to help you," Sehun walks through the hallway with Chanyeol by his side, then looks back at him, "I wasn't going to ask you to treat me dinner-" he trails off, making Chanyeol snicker, "-by the sea, there's a newly opened restaurant and most of our co-workers are going to eat there later."

 

Chanyeol sighs, turning his head to look at Sehun, "Then go with them and ask them to treat you," he bluntly throws at the younger one, walking into his office then strides towards his table. Sehun is really a good friend to Chanyeol, helping him with his paper works and all, taking his place to talk to his stubborn clients, he's all Chanyeol could ask for, but the thing is, Sehun always asks for something in return. He specifically asks for food in pojangmachas.

 

He takes one of the documents from the pile of his recent paper works, looking at it with his fingers pressed against his temple, he mumbles under his breath, shaking his head as he places the document back into the folder. Most of the cases that the young officer gets recently are mostly about stealing.      

 

Although Chanyeol was born and raised in Seoul, he started working in Jeju for about two and a half years ago, he didn't want to move in a province just to continue his work as the head officer but the police department thinks they need more reliable officers, like Chanyeol and his friends, to work in small places like Jeju. He still has his dialect from Seoul, so most of the people he talks to, don't understand him. He lived in Seoul for twenty-four years, studied there for sixteen years, so expect that he'll never get rid of his Seoul dialect, even if he wants to, making him thrive harder to memorize the Jeju dialect for him to communicate with the commoners of the town.

 

Anyways, even though he only started living in Jeju two years ago, he already adjusted physically and traditionally, despite living alone, Jeju is a nice place for Chanyeol to work at. Most of his friends, who he works with now, are from Seoul just like him so it wasn't that hard to adjust because he's not doing it alone.

 

"Park," Jongin, one of the most trusted officer as well, calls for him as he walks towards his table, sitting down on the chair. He looks up from reading the paper, then slides it back into the folder, handing it to Chanyeol.

 

He looks at him with his eyebrows furrowed, "What? Park?," Jongin is two years younger than Chanyeol, and he usually calls him by his surname just for the sake of teasing Park Chanyeol.

 

"I'm just joking, hyung," he rolls his eyes, crossing his leg over his thigh, his eyes all on Chanyeol, "or should I call you sunbae-nim," he lets out a laugh and stands up, leaning down to his waist to continue teasing his hyung, "Hello, sunbae," Chanyeol couldn't help but to crack a smile, standing up and playfully smacking Jongin's forearm slightly. He was older than Sehun but he still acts like the youngest of the three.

 

"Stop it," he rolls his eyes too, sitting back down then turns his gaze on the folder that Jongin handed him, "What's this then?" He scans the whole folder with his eyes and furrows his eyebrows when he noticed a familiar logo stamped on the bottom right of the folder, "Are they asking for another favor again?"

 

Jongin nods but shrugs his shoulders, sitting back down on the uncomfortable metal chair, "You rejected them before because, apparently, they were out of your league," Jongin points at the folder that Chanyeol's holding, "But here they are again, wanting to work with us," before Chanyeol could talk, Jongin adds; "Hyung, did you feed them something for them to run after us with a huge amount of money and unimaginable offers for our department here in Jeju?"

 

With that, Chanyeol just shakes his head with his eyebrows still furrowed as he reads the letter thoroughly, "What do they want this time? They literally stated here that if we accept their offer, they'll reconstruct our station into a bigger and better one," Chanyeol reads the passage over and over again to see what the company's request is, but nothing is stated there, "They're giving us a week to think about it though."

 

A few hours later, lunch finally came and Sehun couldn't be any more happy because Chanyeol treated him various of street foods. Chanyeol watching his dongsaeng-like friend eat happily made him full, "Hey, eat slowly," he reminds him, tucking his thumb into his pocket, as he takes a stick of odeng and blows air at it before eating it.

 

"So it's true," Sehun talks with the fishcake stuffed in one side of his cheek, "Food tastes better when it's free," He takes another stick, adding it to Chanyeol's bill, he follows Sehun's finger pointing at one particular food, which is the tornado potato, making Chanyeol grab his hand and shakes his head.

 

"I think we've ate enough, thank you for the food," He smiles at the vendor after handing her their payment, "We'll be back again."

 

"Hyung," Sehun whines as he gets pushed by Chanyeol by his shoulders, "We still have half an hour to eat, I'm still hungry," and Sehun says that with his cheeks still stuffed with fishcakes.

 

"And my wallet is starving," after stating that, Sehun laughs with his mouth closed and covered with his hand, "Oh how I wish you'd choke to death right here, right now."

 

After their small break, Chanyeol's immediately greeted by one of the officers, in the lower rank, he watches the young one fiddling with his radio, trying to put it back to where he was talking to one of the police in an area. This must be his first time receiving a crime, was what Chanyeol is thinking. Sehun patted Chanyeol's forearm as he walk past him to go to where his spot is, it isn't Sehun's job to meddle with the older one's job even if he's his friend. He trusts Chanyeol and Jongin to save the day once more.

 

"Gather your words, boy," Chanyeol said keeping his eyes at the boy who's still trying to connect his channel back into his respective one, so Chanyeol took it away from him and points at him, with his eyebrow raised, "Stop playing and tell me what you heard from here," he calmly but sternly say, which was way too scary for the younger one.

 

"T...there's a robbery by the Dongmun market," he stutters, looking at Chanyeol with fear in his eyes, which the tall latter notices, so he pats his co-worker's shoulder, letting out a slight breath and hands him back his radio, "Should I call the others?" The newbie asked the head office, fear still evident in his eyes.

 

Officer Park nods, "You too, I need at least four people to come with me, we'll never know how many and how armed they are," he states after walking out of the station quickly. He gets inside his cramped up police car, starting it and drives in front of the police station, Jongin quickly joins Chanyeol in the car.

 

"Why did you asked for four officers, hyung?" He asks him after fastening his seatbelt, Chanyeol quickly drives to where the robbery is, hoping the people there stopped the thieves for the officers to take care of the rest, "It's just a robbery in a fish market."

 

Chanyeol deeply breathes out and turns his head to look at Jongin then quickly turns back at the road, "You saw how scared that newbie was?" He presses on a button to turn on the sirens, so the cars will avoid their vehicle. "He received a goddamn call from one of the police in the market, and it's his first call, I don't want to come with him, he'd just be burden."

 

He hears Jongin coo, slightly smacking his forearm, "Hyung's pride is getting way too big for your height," he stated making Chanyeol shakes his head, smacking Jongin's arm as well.

 

He didn't mean to say it like that, he just worries about the newbie, he knows how hard it is for new officers like him to face ugly criminals and their harsh words towards them, he also worries that they might soften up and let go of those disgusting human beings, so it is a burden for the head officer. He likes training the newbies though, scaring them but secretly caring for them. This officer is way too kind-hearted. At times.

 

A few minutes later, they've finally arrived. Jongin immediately saw a group of people gathered at a certain store, so the two quickly got out of the car, looking as dashing as ever, but they weren't there to do their own fashion show, even so, they still gathered many bystanders. Some of the witnesses were still there, quickly telling them where the robbers are held. The two sprinted towards the direction, Jongin presses the button of his radio to inform the others where they are heading to. Jongin runs to a different way, where he saw the group awhile ago, while he talks into the radio, he parts ways with  Chanyeol without informing him, leaving the older one with his own task.

 

Chanyeol runs to the other direction where some of the bystanders told him to go, apparently the man ran off to that direction, thinking he wouldn't get caught.

 

This is a big deal to everyone in the town, all of them knows how important money is for the people in this public market, they don't get too much profit because of the changes of the seasons and the share of salaries with the fishermen. Chanyeol had his eyes at the man who's running away with a bag hanging on his shoulder and a small pouch in his hand, he runs in between the individuals, who are too overwhelmed with what's happening in front of them, "Catch him!" the officer shouted as he points at the man who runs quicker than him, some of the vendors heard him, helping him catch the thief with their own body by blocking him then straddles him on the ground.

 

The young officer lets out a tired sigh, looking down at the man, who's struggling to get out of their holds, he crouches down to look at the poor guy under the fellow vendors whom he stole from, he, then, cracks a smirk, replacing the guy who's hovering over him, he wraps his fingers around the thief's wrist while his arm is twisted on his back. "I don't know how much you need these but all of us are the same here," he whispers through his gritted teeth as he keeps his eyes at him.

 

He stands up with the man, now holding both his wrists with his hand and the things he stole in his other hand, "I-I'm sorry, it's just my eight-year old son's going to school soon-" the man states but he was rudely cut off by Chanyeol, "Hell, the one you stole from has a kid too and this is his only living, so who should I pity? Huh?" he's sick with those lame excuses, even if it's true, then why the need to steal? It's not hard to earn money if they have motivation like those, like a kid who's going to school soon then that's enough for him to look for a job and not to steal from people with the same problem in life.

 

He hands the stolen goods to one of the vendors and asks her to give it back to the rightful owner, "I'm not going to let you off the hook, I recognized you for stealing a lot of items recently," he keeps his eyes on the man's face, who's clearly trying to hide his features by looking down or turning his head to the side where the officer couldn't see. "I'll help you find a job once you realize what you've been doing out of desperation."

 

Jongin and him walks towards their car, with the criminals' wrists handcuffed behind their backs, they hand them to their fellow officers who followed them. "As expected from you two," the elder one smiles proudly at them and pats their backs, before grabbing the thieves, pushing them into the backseat of the car.

 

Chanyeol looks at the newbie who seems scared but keeps a stern face, smiling softly at him and squeezes his forearm before he could go back in the car, "You did well, newbie, I wish to work with you more in the future," he left before the newbie could even thank him.

 

They got out of the car once they reached their station, while they were walking on the stairs towards the entrance, Jongin turns to look at his friend and places his hand on Chanyeol's forearm, squeezing it, "You did well, Park."

 

He knew it, his face quickly turns into a frown, pushing Jongin's arm away from him, "Are you mocking me, Kim?" He raises an eyebrow, but even before he continue joking around any farther with his friend, he bursts out laughing, slightly slapping Jongin's chest, "Was I cool back there?" he childishly say but, of course, Jongin joins him bragging about himself with what happened to them earlier.

 

"You two," Sehun points at both of them then smiles widely, gently punching both their forearms, "You actually caught them, they had so many complaints and cases there, and they've been bailed out so many times. I'm glad they'll be back to where they belong." The three of them looks at the men who was struggling with the handcuffs around their wrists, Sehun's right, that's why they seemed so familiar. It's just right for them to get locked up again, they're sure it just feels normal for them.

 

"Anyway, are you two going to be busy tonight?" Sehun asks the two, as they stayed in their break room, "I mean, you two were so cool awhile ago, we need to celebrate," Sehun's little-too-obvious-forced praises towards his hyungs, so the older ones became aware of it.

 

"I'll join you, Sehunnie, but I really want to rest tonight, and what do you mean we need to celebrate? We already dealt with a murder case before... That's bigger than we had awhile ago!" Jongin pats his younger friend's shoulder and smiles at him, "Chanyeollie-hyung and I will treat you once we're free."

 

"What? What?, stop it, I didn't agree with that, and I don't want to, I spoil this kid every day," he shakes his head, standing up and finishes up his cup of warm water, thanking the two and excusing himself out. Chanyeol's glad that he has this two with him, even though they were younger, he still feels a lot like a normal human around them, unlike his other co-workers who treats him like he's a god or like he s the chief to get promotions this fast and this young.

 

The young police officer walks towards his office, but before he could even go in, he was stopped by one of his co-workers, who worked longer there than him, "Chanyeollie," His arms were crossed over his chest, looking at Chanyeol straight in the eyes, so he raises an eyebrow and tilts his head a bit, "Yeah, hyung?"

 

"I heard that Horizon's offering us something again," he shrugs a bit, still keeping his eyes at Chanyeol, "Don't tell me you're going to let go of it again, Yeol," and it was as if he's begging for the officer to accept the deal for their own good.

 

"I haven't even read everything yet," he tries to explain, rubbing his forehead with his fingers out of frustration, Jongin needs to stop getting all excited about these kinds of things, he tends to get too talkative and he mindlessly talks about confidential stuff like this.

 

"Chanyeol, their offer a year ago was enough for us to move into a new building-" but the younger one cut him off.

 

"I wouldn't risk our lives to protect someone, we didn't get promoted just to do that, hyung," He's got a point though, and so he continues, "We're made to chase and lock criminals down, not to pamper some spoiled kid from a wealthy family."

 

The guy sighs, shaking his head, briefly looking down before looking back up at the tall one, "Still, Chanyeol, think about it, okay? Maybe after this, they won't bother us anymore," with that he left him alone after squeezing his shoulder then patting it. Chanyeol rolls his eyes a bit and walks into his office, closing the door behind him and walks to his table, sitting down on his worn out swivel chair.

 

A few hours came by like a flash for Chanyeol, he studied some of the convicts' documents for the past few hours until it was time for him to go home. He finally smells a familiar scent that he longs, which is the scent of his room. He's renting a place in a small apartment, it was enough for him since he lives alone, and his neighbors aren't a bother, they all get along there, it was good enough for Chanyeol. He kicks off his shoes, ing his uniform as he looks at himself through the mirror, letting out a soft sigh. He may be good-looking but he works too hard, wrinkles and dark circles under his eyes are quite evident.

 

He sits down on his bed with the folder in his hand, his fingers running over the printed Horizon logo on the rough paper, he snickers and shakes his head, "Show offs," he understands that every successful companies have these kinds of things, but it just annoys him, especially when it's from them. They waste Chanyeol's time by doing these, in the end he will just reject their offer.

 

Horizon is a banking company, one of the most successful in Seoul, long story short, they're rich and they can give whatever Chanyeol asks from them. Then again, they are not bodyguards that's why he will never accept their offers, even if they send hundreds and hundreds of reasons why their police department should, it's just like he sold their prides as officers to a banking company, it's like they get easily lured by money and power, that's one of the reasons as well why Chanyeol won't entertain Horizon.

 

His phone vibrates beside him, making him jump a bit, cursing under his breath. He takes a look at his screen, seeing Sehun's nickname pops up few drunk texts from him then his colleagues' names as well, most of the messages are about Horizon. He must've came to the restaurant he was talking about then. He shakes his head quickly, typing Jongin's name and taps the call button, pressing it against his ear.

 

Once he answers with his groggily voice, Chanyeol bombs out, "You crazy ! Why can't you ing keep your mouth shut, huh?!" He runs his fingers through his hair angrily, "You did this last time too! Can't you-"

 

Jongin cut him off by shouting at him as well, well aware of what Chanyeol is talking about,  "Hyung, I wasn't the first one to hold that! They even gave it to me unsealed!" He groans and Chanyeol can hear him sitting up, "Hyung, you know I'm not always like that, maybe most of the time but not always."

 

Chanyeol looks at the folder, running the tip of his fingers through the poorly cut tape on the side, nodding his head even though he knows Jongin can't see him, "You're right, sorry," he, then, hears a groan on the other side, hearing him sit up as well, "And sorry for waking you."

 

"Hyung can't just say sorry like that, you should treat me tomorrow as an apology," He hears Jongin laugh lazily, making him roll his eyes, laughing as well, "I need to go now, and hyung... think about that, okay? We'll get benefits if we help them, you know that."

 

What Jongin said was correct though, he didn't give Chanyeol a chance to talk, so he hangs up as well, placing his phone back on his side. Plopping down on the bed and lets out a loud sigh, bringing the folder up as he looks at it with his head tilted, "Why do you keep on bothering us?" He asks the non-living thing, chuckling at his silliness, "Who's this person you want to protect so much?" He groans and lets his arms fall to his sides, dropping the documents on the floor, "I have so much to do why do you have to bother us." He, once again, stated in the air frustratingly.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Once his alarm goes off, he sits up and stretches his arms up with a small yet pretty smile plastered on his face, he lets his feet dangle from the bed as he rubs his eyes with the back of his hands, "Good Morning, Baekhyun," one of his helpers smiles at the young boy, she has a tray full of food for him, "This was made by your mother, she wanted you to try out the new recipe she learned," she places the tray on the nightstand beside his bed.

 

"Thank you, I'll eat it happily, tell her that," he was too cheerful in the morning, but they can't blame him for being a morning person, he gazes down at the food, making his stomach grumble loudly.

 

Baekhyun is the Byuns' one and only child, he's pampered every day, he's spoiled by his parents, but he never asks for more, what he asks for is to be alone whenever he goes out, but then again, they won't allow him to go out, even if it's just a few blocks away. He was fine with that though, he gets what he wants anyway, so why complain.

 

He looks around before standing up, getting on his tip toes as he stretches his arms and his back once more, it was such a good sleep, despite leaving the window slightly open, the cold didn't bother him. He started his daily morning routine, washing himself, brushing his teeth before having his breakfast, then brushing his teeth after that. He goes down to the living room, dressed in his newly bought knitted sweater, and his over-worn sweatpants, his covered feet drags him to where his parents are, greeting them quiet goodmorning's before kissing their cheeks.

 

"Remember that your teacher will be here at eight A.M. so be ready by then, okay sweetheart?" His mom's sweet voice made him smile, so he nods and sits down on the couch beside them, his dad speaks up as well, "They haven't called yet?" He looks at his wife, then to Baekhyun, "We need to send him off before the weekends, or else we'll be running late from our original schedule."

 

Even though that was for his mom, Baekhyun sighs then tells his dad, "If they turn it down again then, let's just give up on that possible franchise you and mom wants, we have a successful one here in Seoul, why do we need to have little ones all over Korea?" He asks out of curiosity, he's just young and he freshly graduated a year ago, the business life still confuses Baekhyun.

 

"Dear, you know that we can't just sit here and wait for our company to grow on its own, we need to move too, and our first move is to make franchises in small towns," that confuses him more, but he didn't ask questions afterwards, instead he sat there in the living room, his legs crossed under him as he stares at the television his parents were watching before they left to go to their company after their small talk.

 

Same old, same old for the young man, many thinks his life is rainbows and butterflies because he's born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but guess what? He's gonna die out of boredom in their house(more like mansion). His parents maybe the best parents for Baekhyun but they're too protective, his kindergarten friends had already lost interest on contacting Baekhyun anymore, ever since he stepped on elementary school, he was alone, he's home schooled until he graduated college.

 

They sometimes let him go out, but all he can do is to eat and go home right after, again, he doesn't mind that though, he doesn't fancy going out to get tired anyways, he'd rather stay home and play his oh-so precious games then sleep, then repeat the cycle until he takes his last breath.

 

His parents have different plans for him though, a year ago, he was supposed to be in Jeju for him to experience what's it like to go to seminars, but because of them being too protective, they didn't continue it because the police department  turned down their request on guarding their child until he goes back to Seoul. Baekhyun insisted, for a year, that he can go to Jeju without policemen guarding him as if he's an artist or something. Sometimes, he can't just understand his parents but he lets them be.

 

Baekhyun flops on the couch, bringing his feet up on the armchair as he boringly looks at the television screen, too lazy to go back up in his room to continue playing his game. Even he secretly hopes he'll be able to go to Jeju, or even to go out of Seoul, since he graduated now.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Chanyeol sits down on one of the plastic chairs for the criminals who have been caught, he holds the office's old phone, staring at it then at the contact number that's printed on the document from Horizon. We'll get benefits for helping them. is what Chanyeol's thinking, he knows that all he wants is for all of them to develop greatly for the people in the city.

 

Sehun notices Chanyeol deeply glaring at the paper, so he sits down across from him, leaning forward to look at his friend's face in a better view, "Did you agree, hyung?" he looks around before sitting down beside Chanyeol, "If you did then can I come with you?" he opens his mouth to speak but Sehun adds; "Hyung, we should go together, you, Jongin and I. I heard that coming with silver spoon will be fun- you know, free stuffs?"

 

He turns his head to look at his younger friend and raises an eyebrow, "Silver spoon? And sure- but I haven't even called them yet, wanna do it instead?" He sarcastically say to Sehun, nudging him on the chest with the phone, "Don't be too ahead, what if we do come with them, they'll just order us around like puppets?"

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at what Chanyeol stated, "You do know that they have, like, over a hundred of maids and workers, so why would they do that to us?"

 

"Then why are they asking us for help if they have over hundreds of workers," he's the one to roll his eyes this time, dialing the number that's printed on the paper, "I'm sure they have many private planes for all of them to fly from Seoul to here."

 

Before Sehun could respond, Chanyeol raises his finger up and stands up, placing the phone over his ear, clearing his throat. He whispers formal greeting under his breath, practicing whether he should be casually formal or really formal, "Good Morning, welcome to First Horizon Union call center, to whom am I speaking to?" Her voice sounds formal but he can hear her smile in her voice.

 

He clears his throat before answering, "Officer Park Chanyeol of Jeju police department," he sounds stiff and forced, so he shakes off his free arm a bit, "I called about the letter the company sent me," Sehun kept his head on Chanyeol's shoulder as he listens, and the older one not minding him.

 

"Ah yes, Officer Park, we have been waiting for your call, is there something that concerns you?" He can hear rattles from the other side but he ignores it.

 

Chanyeol looks down at the paper and takes a deep breath, "May I personally speak to Mister Byun please? There are personal questions I would like to ask him," he was getting the hang of it, so he smiles proudly of himself.

 

"Sir, you need to make an appointment with him before doing so-" the secretary was cut off by Chanyeol speaking; "Miss, your CEO knows how important I am for them, so please can you transfer this call to him?"

 

He hears her sigh, but he keeps his proud smile on his lips, "I'll transfer your call directly to Mister Byun's office," with that he hears the company's logo song, humming with it as if he won't have a problem talking to the CEO.

 

Jongin, now, walks in, the three muskateers are now complete, the youngest notices Jongin and  whispers, "Chanyeollie-hyung's finally making Jeju a better place to live in," which made Jongin laugh, agreeing with him happily.

 

He rolls his eyes at the two kids beside him, who are now both leaning closer to him, their ears near the phone's Chanyeol's using, "Why can't I hear anything?" Jongin whispers, trying to lean more forward, making the back of his head bumping against Chanyeol's face.

 

"Don't be an idiot, I'm on hold," He slightly smacks the back of his head and chuckles, as he chuckles he hears someone picking up the phone and clearing his throat, "Uh- Hello?" he quickly mumbles out, covering Jongin's mouth with his other hand.

 

"Park Chanyeol?" The old man chuckles quietly, letting out a sigh of content, "I hope this will be just good news this time."

 

He shakes his head, smiling at the nice tone Mister Byun greeted him, he have already talked to him many times through phone, always rejecting their offers, but this time it's different, "Mister Byun! Nice to talk to you again," he smiles once more then continues, "I think it's time for us to try it, sir," he emphasizes the title, making Mr. Byun laugh loudly, "So when do we start?" He wiggles his eyebrows at Sehun and Jongin, who're keeping their eyes happily at their hyung.

 

It's official, Chanyeol, Sehun and Jongin will leave their station for a little while to prepare for the coming of the one of the biggest CEO in S. Korea. It's a big deal for them, knowing their town is small and unrecognizable for the big companies to notice them, and finally one already did.

 

-

 

He raises his shot glass up with his face a bit scrunched up, "This is a toast for me," Chanyeol drags his words, taking the shot quickly, glaring at the small glass, "Why are you always empty, huh?" Jongin laughs at how his drunk friend acts, pouring another glass for him, "You're a good friend."

 

Sehun and Jongin successfully dragged their friend to drink with them, but they're keeping themselves sober so that they'll be able to get Chanyeol home safely, "I remember now why we don't like drinking with him, Sehun-ah," he rolls his eyes, dropping his gaze at Sehun, "Hyung's always loud and annoying when he's drunk," the youngest adds, pouring another glass for the whining Chanyeol.

 

"What now though, now that we're working with Horizon, what will we receive from them exactly?" Sehun asks Jongin, who's sitting in between him and Chanyeol, who're across from each other, "Hopefully they give us extra salaries though."

 

Jongin agrees, nodding his head as he rests his chin on his palm, "Is it okay to get hyung this drunk? We'll meet all of them tomorrow morning," he says that but he keeps on pouring soju into Chanyeol's glass.

 

The night ended with Chanyeol whining over the empty shot glasses after he drinks up at least five bottles of soju, muttering words about how he likes both Sehun and Jongin's hair, then suddenly calling up his co-workers asking to have another round of drink with him. The younger ones kept their arms around the taller one's waist as they drag him up to his room, pushing him to his bed harshly, but Chanyeol just laughs and hugs his pillow to his chest.

 

"Since you dragged him there, you should go here early to make porridge for him," Sehun insisted, looking at the giant mess sprawled on the bed, "You take the scoldings as well."

 

"What? Yah, you were the one who ordered five soju bottles for him," he smacks Sehun's chest, who just laughs it off, shaking his head and drags his friend out of his room to go back to their places so they can rest and laugh about how their friend acts when drunk.

 

DAY ONE WITH BAEKHYUN

 

A few hours  later, Chanyeol wakes up with a terrible headache, making him groan loudly, burying his face into his pillow. He hears shuffles of feet and mumbles in his kitchen, with his eyes squinted he looks at his bedroom door, wanting to get up but his body forbids him to. He closes his eyes once more, wanting to get rid of the loud thumping in his head. By slightly punching his temples with his wrists, he remembers bits by bits of what happened last night, he sees Jongin, Sehun and a few bottles of soju.

 

Before he could even process more of what happened last night, he was rudely interrupted by the two, whom he was just thinking about, "Good Morning, hyung!" Jongin exclaims way too cheerfully early in the morning, "We made you hang over soup," he sits down on the bed with Sehun, gently shaking Chanyeol's body.

 

"Aigoo, hyung looks good even when he's hangover," Chanyeol sense something, he gently sits up, pushing Sehun's hands away, who's just trying to help. He leans against the headboard of his bed, looking at his two friends who're looking at him intently, but they received a glare from Chanyeol.

 

"I will deal with you two tomorrow-" he stops talking when he noticed Sehun's light blue button up, fitted trousers around his legs, and for Jongin, he wears a darker shade of blue, buttoned up until it reaches his neck, his eyebrows quickly furrowed, pointing at them before he realizes he's still in his oversized jacket from last night, "Why are you two dressed so nicely?"

 

They both look at each other, Sehun opens his mouth to talk but Chanyeol quickly stands up from his bed, stumbling on his thick blanket that dropped when he stood up, "I am so going to kill you two," he states angrily, walking into his bathroom with his towel in his hand, he turns around to look at his friends, "Go wait outside." he orders them. Chanyeol now remembers what happened last night, the youngsters dragged him to drink just to celebrate the decision he made for their department. He's also so sure that they used his money to pay for all the drinks and snacks they ordered.

 

Jongin places the tray on the nightstand, trying not to crack a smile at how Chanyeol's acting in front of their eyes, "You have 30 minutes to get ready before the silver spoon arrives," Sehun sings, placing an arm over Jongin's shoulders as they walk out of Chanyeol's room. Well, they are acting calm, but deep inside they're both nervous, meeting silver spoon and adjusting to a new job. They both think that the three of them can handle guarding a little kid, they're experienced enough and it's just for a month anyway, nothing bad would happen to all of them. They're just going to be with the kid for a while, after that they'll get something big in return, so they're proud of Chanyeol finally signing Horizon's offer.

 

After a few minutes, Chanyeol came rushing out of his room, his white shirt ed all the way down, his bare chest exposed to Sehun and Jongin who was talking quietly in his living room, "Sir Byun texted me personally, he said his son will be here any minute now," he frantically says, showing his phone up for them to see.

 

The two quickly stands up, laughing a bit as they help the poor Chanyeol buttoning up his shirt, and spraying manly perfume all over them, "Just so you know, Sehun was the one who told me to buy you drinks," with that Jongin runs out of the house with the car keys in his hand, Sehun shakes his head quickly when Chanyeol turns his glare at him, he hooks his arm with Chanyeol's, as he tries to talk himself out of the trouble he, obviously, caused.

 

The expensive car, which was sponsored by the company, was new for Jongin to drive, firstly, it was automatic, meaning they only step on two pedals, the gas and the break. Sehun, at the back, looks out of the window while talking to the both at the front, saying how excited he is seeing the kid, and finally working out of their station. Chanyeol, on the other hand, just listens to the two talking to each other, he continuously fix his hair, now shorter than a year ago. He has this 'comma' fringe, which he likes it a lot, he can perfectly style it by himself.

 

The phone loudly rings from Chanyeol's pocket, seeing Mr. Byun's name above his personal number, he shush his friends loudly, who weren't really speaking, he clears his throat as he taps the answer option, placing the phone over his ear, "Yes, sir?"

 

"Good Morning, Park, my son's flight is KE1265, I hope you're all there already," Chanyeol laughs unnaturally, covering his lips with his finger as he hums, not knowing what to say, "Please take care of him, okay? A deal's a deal, after this, we'll give you what we offered."

 

He nods, "Yes, sir, trust us with this, we promise he won't be hurt, and he'll be protected at all cost," he immediately regrets saying that, knowing he wants to quit this deal already, but his mouth continues on blurting out words, "We can't wait to see him."

 

The car ride was short and quick, Jongin drove way too fast because he's afraid they'll get shot for being late, while Chanyeol and Sehun braced for their lives during the car ride.

 

They showed their IDs to the lady, who's one of Baekhyun's secretary, She smiles at them as she leads the way, they maybe police officers but they can't help but feel shy around high-class people that surrounds them in the airport. Once the door slides closed, Jongin fixes his top, asking them if he still looked good, the same with what Sehun and Chanyeol did. Chanyeol shouldn't be getting ready for this, he didn't want it and he was just forced by his begging co-workers to accept it, but, of course in Chanyeol's nature, he wants and needs to look good to everyone.

 

"He's actually waiting already," the secretary says, looking at the three tall guys, "So I recommend for you to lie low on him today, I heard he's in a bad mood,"

 

Well there goes their dreams to have a developed station, it's done, they ed up already. The two glares at Jongin, who's digging daggers to Sehun, who whispers "it's your fault," to his other friend. Chanyeol was the victim here.

 

"Uh- How long has he been waiting?" Chanyeol clears his throat, placing both his hands on the back of their necks, gripping it gently to remind them to behave.

 

"For... awhile now," She shrugs a bit, before letting out a chuckle, "I needed to save you three when he asked where you guys are," The three thank her immediately, they finally reached where the so-called silver spoon was waiting.

 

Baekhyun's secretary quickly gets an umbrella from the rack on the side, giving it to Jongin. The three of them were astonished by how old the guy they're going to babysit, "Hyung... I thought we're babysitting a kid," Jongin quietly whispers, as he grips the head of the umbrella in his hands.

 

"Me too," he whispers back. He hears a small and soft sigh from the grown up man, he sits up properly when he's informed by his secretary that his security has arrived. They caught a glimpse of the grown-up man behind the huge post. Baekhyun finally stands up and turns around with his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose, ruffling his hair and tilts his head up a bit to look at the three.

 

The three smiles at him awkwardly, Baekhyun couldn't careless, he officially hates them now, he hates people who are late. He takes his duffel bag from the floor beside the metal chairs he was just resting on awhile ago. Chanyeol kept his eyes at the young man in front of him, he tries to keep a friendly smile, but by the scowl painted on the guy's face, he feels like he won't have a good relationship with him.

 

"Took you long enough," was the first thing the smaller one says when he reaches them, he fixes his sunglasses as he hands Sehun his bag, Sehun took it not knowing what to do with it. They were hoping for introductions but the CEO's son walks with his secretary towards the door that leads outside of the airport.

 

Once the three reaches the car, that attracts some of the passer bys, and with Sehun carefully handling the rich kid's bag, Jongin finally sees him, getting a better look at the, surprisingly small person, with small dimples resting on his cheeks as he purse his lips together, his round sunglasses falls on his nose bridge. His hand was tucked under his thigh, which is slung over his other thigh, making him cross his legs, Jongin also notices that his black hair is parted in the middle, just like how he, himself, does it before. This guy definitely looks rich from head to toe.

 

He looks to his side, seeing Chanyeol looking at silver spoon as well, his eyebrows furrowed, as if he's in a deep thought. Jongin straights up when Baekhyun leans up from staring down at his phone, he walks towards them, thinking they'll be able to introduce themselves finally, but Baekhyun just walks towards the other van rented for him and Seulgi, without even glancing at the men who'll guard him for a month.

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, his actions getting ahead of him before his mind could even process, he turns around when Baekhyun passed by, calling his attention by saying: "Ya!" in a little loud tone, making him(more like, all of them) turn around to face the guy who just randomly shouted it. Sehun immediately elbows Chanyeol on his ribs, Jongin doing the same thing right after.

 

"Excuse me?" Baekhyung raises his eyebrow, pointing at himself as he looks at Chanyeol dead in the eyes, "Who are you?"

 

He takes a deep breath before cracking a forced smile at Baekhyun, "I meant, ya...aaaaa. We can't wait to work with you-" he, once again, forced himself to slightly bow at the younger kid, who just became their boss, "-Mr. Byun?"

 

"That's right, call me that," he nods once, with his eyebrows cockily furrowed together as he scans the larger one in front of him with his eyes, the three watches him as he whispers something into Seulgi's ear, she nods and asks for Sehun to come with them. Sehun's surprised making him widen his eyes but he flashes them a nod, walking towards the two, leaving Jongin, who's pittifully looking at him, and Chanyeol, who glares at the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

Few hours had passed in the hotel's parking lot, Chanyeol and Jongin hangs out in their car(well, it's theirs for a month so they better enjoy having it). "Do you think he died in there?" Jongin breathes out, lazily looking up at the light blue sky, Chanyeol hums with his police cap covering his face, "We're only doing this for the sake of Mr. Byun- ah no, I'm not talking about that snotty kid." They had followed the van where Baekhyun and Sehun is, leading them to this not-so bad 5-star hotel in Jeju.

 

"I'm only doing this because you all want it, I should've sent someone else to do this," Chanyeol sighs, looking at his phone, seeing messages from an unknown number. His thumb taps on the messages seeing it's from the pretty secretary, whose name is apparently Seulgi.

 

From: +82-****-****

 

Hello, this is Seulgi, Mr. Baekhyun's secretary, I gave your friend, Sehun, papers regarding Horizon's CEO's rules for both you and his son. Please read it thoroughly and let me know if you have questions.

 

Chanyeol has his eyebrows furrowed as he reads it, thinking it's childish to have rules, but then again, Mr. Byun do cherish his son with all his heart, he understands them.

 

To: +82-****-****

 

Thank you, Miss Seulgi, I appreciate your hard work keeping up with that brat-

 

He quickly deletes the text then changes it to: "Thank you for working hard, will do read it, let's work  hard together!" before sending it.

 

The sun's setting and Sehun just finally got back, with a huge smile on his face and a brown envelope in his hand. "Hyung!" he waves from other side of the road, Chanyeol was leaning against the car, his arms crossed over his chest, "I've got news for you," he runs across the road, giving the brown envelope to Chanyeol and knocks on the window where Jongin's head is resting.

 

"Thanks for letting us wait for who-knows how many hours," he scowls, getting into the car, sitting on the driver's seat, and Sehun sits on the backseat again. Chanyeol places the folder on the sleeping Jongin's lap, "Is this news worthy to listen to?"

 

"That Baekhyun kid isn't that bad," he blurts out, keeping his smile on his lips, making Chanyeol step on the break harshly, earning a harsh slap on the forearm from Sehun, "I'm not joking, hear me out," and Chanyeol nods but shrugs as well, continuing to drive comfortably. "How do you think I kept up with him for, about, five hours, if he isn't fun to be with," Sehun leans on the backseat at the right side of the car as he looks out of the window, "He's really young, like two years below my age, we both like playing games so we had a round of Overwatch. We became close instantly because of that."

 

"Over-what?" was the only thing Chanyeol heard, furrowing his eyebrows, keeping his eyes on the road, "And maybe he's got a damaged in his brain, acting all ty in front us then suddenly having fun with you."

 

Sehun lets out a small laugh, crossing his leg over his thigh, "I wanted to ask about that but we aren't close enough for me to do that," he rests his chin on his knuckles keeping his eyes through the window, "I'm actually excited to finally start working with him tomorrow."

 

"Then you do it, we'll all leave it to you."

 

DAY TWO WITH BAEKHYUN

 

But the next morning, he's in front of the hotel where Baekhyun's staying in. He wears a white button shirt this time, the sleeves folded neatly up to his elbows, and his shirt buttoned up to his neck, his hair is neatly slicked back, making him look like the owner of the damn hotel in front of him.

 

In the other set of documents Mr. Byun gave to him states that he should wear something casually formal, making him blend in with his son, he also states that they shouldn't let Baekhyun out of hotel without letting them know. He's practically a prisoner under his own parents' hands. He pities him but he doesn't careless, after 30 days, they're gone and they're finally going back to their own work.

 

He's alone today, the two was needed at the station, actually Chanyeol and Sehun was needed there but Jongin, who slept the whole day yesterday, insisted on staying at the station instead of staying with silver spoon, who he still has bits of grunge against with. Of course Chanyeol, who's too kind for his own good, switched responsibilities with Jongin.

 

As usual, he has his eyebrows furrowed as he keeps his eyes on the door, waiting for the damn brat to go out so he can finish his job early. He tilts his head when he sees the familiar face alone, Seulgi wasn't with him, Baekhyun's eyebrows are furrowed as well, very similar to what Chanyeol's expression is, his wearing round specs this time, the denim jacket hugging his small frame perfectly, he walks out of the spinning door, his phone and his wallet in his hand.

 

Baekhyun sees Chanyeol and walks towards him, looking up at him, "Aren't you going to open the door for me? Or at least get out of the way so I can get in," and there he goes again with the attitude Chanyeol truly despise.

 

He wanted to stay there just to but he's not in the mood to play with little kids like him, he stands to the side, opening the car door for his young boss, "Good Morning," he forces a smile, and Baekhyun does the same, once he closes the door, he rolls his eyes and walks to the other side, "You can do this, Chanyeol. Don't hit the kid." He repeats it in his mind while going into the car.

 

"I don't know this place so hopefully you'll bring me to a good breakfast house," he states flatly, looking up from his phone and turns to look at Chanyeol, "To a good one, okay?"

 

Chanyeol just hums with a small nod, trying to hide his smirk, knowing where he'll take the brat. He also noticed how his voice was deeper than yesterday, although it still suit his looks, "Hopefully, you're not a vegan," Chanyeol states casually, knowing he's older than him, "You're not, right?" He turns to look at him, he has his arm on the arm rest that was supposed to be for the driver, Baekhyun shakes his head, keeping his eyes on the road as well.

 

Looks like he's reserved today.

 

"Did my father lend this to you?" He suddenly speaks up, looking at the whole dashboard and runs his fingers through it, "This is supposed to be mine."

 

Chanyeol widens his eyes, luckily they're at the stoplight so he turns his head to finally get to look at Baekhyun's face in a nearer view, "So are you gonna kill me for driving it first? and how did it get here?"

 

Baekhyun raises his hand a bit, and Chanyeol can't help but think how feminine his fingers are, "First of all, who says I haven't drove it yet? second of all, have you heard of CIU?" he brings up two of his fingers then places his hand back down on his lap, Chanyeol starts driving once more rolling his eyes for a hundredth time now.

 

"We're going to eat near a sea, is that okay?" He speaks lowly as he continues to drive.

 

Baekhyun nods, straightening up while he plays with his seatbelt, "I'm cool with that."

 

A few long minutes after, they finally arrived at one of the most famous pojangmacha in seaside Jeju. As soon as Baekhyun got out of the car, he was deeply astonished by the beautiful sea, fishing boats already sailed but some of the big ones were still there, when Chanyeol got out of the car, he can hear already small 'wow's' from the little one,  pointing at seagulls resting by the rope of one of the boats.

 

Chanyeol swore  Baekhyun was just in front of the car, watching the seagulls happily but when he looked up from locking the doors, the smaller one couldn't be seen anywhere. Chanyeol sighs frustratingly, running his fingers through his neatly done hair, he wouldn't know how to call for Baekhyun because he doesn't know if he can call him by his first name or by his surname. So he just shouts; "Ya! Where are you? you little brat," he whispers the last part, of course.

 

He hears a shout near the food tent they were originally going to eat, thinking it's Baekhyun, he walk towards the direction where he heard the shout. Chanyeol pursed his lips together when he saw Baekhyun struggling on getting away from the birds, "Do something!" he looks up from the birds, seeing Chanyeol trying to restrain himself from laughing.

 

As much to Chanyeol's entertainment, he walk towards the poor kid, shooing the birds and swaying his arm a bit around Baekhyun's head so the seagulls won't bother him anymore, "You poor thing, is it your first time seeing these birds?" He teasingly leans down, not knowing where his confidence is coming from, "They're called seagulls," he bites his bottom lip, letting out loose laughs.

 

"I know that, I'm not stupid," he perks an eyebrow at the taller one before taking a few steps back, looking around while he runs his fingers through his hair, "So why did you bring me here?"

 

"To eat," he points at the entrance of the pojangmacha beside them, "I'm sure you've ate here already, right?" This guy is so ready to get fired, and he's excited anyway.

 

Baekhyun looks at it for a good minute before nodding, quickly crossing his arms over his chest, "O-of course, what do you think of me?" he heard that stutter but he couldn't laugh anymore, he knows his limits at one of his workers.

 

Chanyeol leads the way, getting into the tent, greeting the owner with a huge smile on his face, she offers them a good spot, he continues to talk with the kind owner but he watched Baekhyun at the corner of his eyes, seeing the kid sit on the plastic chair uncomfortably, as usual with his arms over his chest.

 

After talking and agreeing on giving the two of them extra food, Chanyeol sits down across Baekhyun, "Chanyeol," he calls for him, leaning forward, his arms on the table, looking at the guy in front of him intently, "You dressed up today," now it's Baekhyun's time to , "Excited?"

 

Chanyeol snickers, tapping his the tip of his fingers on the wooden table, "Oh wow, you actually know my name," and he adds; "And I didn't dress up, I always look like this," Baekhyun just wanted to pull his eyeballs out of his face if he rolls his eyes again.

 

"Whatever," the snotty rich kid is back, he plops his back against the chair, looking around once more, "Where's the food anyway? How did she even remembered your orders without listing it down?" The curiosity was heard through the tone of his voice, he enjoys seeing kids like him confused about things they're missing out.

 

"I thought you ate in one of these before," one of the helpers gave them wooden chopsticks, plates and plastic cups. Chanyeol places the chopsticks on top of the plate before placing it in front of Baekhyun, "What should we drink?" before he could even answer, Chanyeol adds, to once more, "They don't have wine here."

 

But the response he got wasn't the one he was expecting, Baekhyun shrugs as he raises his hand up a bit to call for waiter, speaking up softly, "Can we have some water?" he smiles widely, with wrinkles showed under his eyes and his nose scrunched up at the old lady, who coos at him. Chanyeol just heard his heart drop to his feet.

 

Cute. He quickly shakes at the thought, turning on the stove after adjusting the worn out pan on top of it, "Is it your first time here, Baekhyun-ah?" he looks back at him, seeing his facial expression change from happy to completely annoyed, so Chanyeol adds, "Okay sorry for calling you by my first name, Mister Byun Baekhyun."

 

He would like to take back that 'cute' thingy now. "To answer your question, yes it is my first time eating here," Chanyeol puts the hot spicy stew beside Baekhyun's plate, handing him a spoon, which Baekhyun harshly took from him, "Are you happy now?"

 

Chanyeol cracks a small smile of triumph on his lips, helping the old lady to place the plates full of meat and vegetables on the table, while Baekhyun, who's been pampered for 21 years of his life, waited for them to finish, "I won't disappoint you, sir," he chuckles as he takes the tongs, pointing at the foods using it, "These are their best sellers, so I'm sure your sensitive tummy will like these."

 

"When will you stop teasing me?" Baekhyun kept his back straight, his arms still crossed over his chest, "And where are you friends anyway? Sehun and the other guy?" He watches Chanyeol while he fries the meat, he, then, trails his eyes up to look his face, smiling at how prominent some of his facial features are, like cheekbones, "Jeju's really lucky to have you three as famous police officers you know," he places his elbow back on the table, resting his chin on his palm.

 

"For your first question; even though you're my boss, I'm still older than you and you don't seem to mind it. Secondly; They're needed back at the station and lastly, thank you for that compliment of yours," he keeps the fire low, copying how Baekhyun puts his chin on top of his palm, "Now it's my turn to ask question, if you don't mind."

 

With that, Baekhyun nod once, letting him proceed with his interrogations, "I heard that you're still young, how old are you? Next one, why do you need us to guard you during your stay here, and lastly, for now, what happened when we turned down your offer a year ago?"

 

A hum left Baekhyun's pretty lips, taking the tongs from Chanyeol's hand, playing with the pieces of meat on the pan, "I'm 21 years old, I graduated a little early because I'm home schooled. I need you because my parents are over-protective, and we waited for a year for your call but you never did," he raises his other hand so he can continue talking, "I insisted to let go of you, but they didn't want to fly me here until you agreed, so I, thank you, Chanyeol, for accepting their offer." Baekhyun smiles once more, the kind of smile that made Chanyeol's heart drop a little. Just a little.

 

Stop that, you brat. Chanyeol clears his throat, looking around and asks for two bowls of  rice, before looking back at Baekhyun again, but now he's putting the cooked meat on their plates but most of it are on Chanyeol's, "Is that how much you want to go here?"

 

Baekhyun shakes his head quickly, holding the bowl of the spicy stew in his hand, gently and slowly sipping on it, "I'm not going to answer questions anymore," he takes another sip, humming loudly and happily, "I don't usually eat something spicy in the morning but this is good, what do you call this?"

 

With what Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol lets out a small laugh, not answering his question and tells him to eat all of the food that he ordered, and while they were eating, Baekhyun continues to ask the same question about the spicy stew.

 

After eating, Baekhyun stands up first, "Chanyeol-ah, where do we pay?" He asks the guy who continues to eat the meat that he ordered, that's supposed to be for the both of them, Baekhyun walks towards the counter-like table, looking through his wallet, "How much are those?" and he paid an insanely cheap amount for food that made two people full.

 

He walks out of the tent, leaving Chanyeol inside, who's trying to shake himself back to consciousness because of how full he is. Baekhyun has a habit of leaving people alone because he hates waiting, he leans against the car, with his head tilted while he watches the shore hit the pebbles on the ground, making him smile softly. He feels different today, it's his first time eating in one of those, first time seeing a lively sea and he loves it, he loves this place already.

 

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the car click unlocked, he turns to see Chanyeol with a usual scowl painted on his face, he ignores it and gets in the car, buckling the seatbelt around him, "Thank you for the meal," he says once the bigger one gets in the car, "I enjoyed it very much," Baekhyun smiles widely, despite being annoyed at the presence of the guy beside him, "We should eat here later too, or we should bring Seulgi, Sehun and Jongin with us, I'm sure they'll enjoy it here," his excited tone made Chanyeol chuckle a bit, but he quickly shakes it off and Baekhyun shrugs it off as well.

 

"Well, I'm sure it isn't their first time eating in one of those, it's just you," the both of them got startled by Chanyeol's radio loudly vibrating from the dashboard, faint noises coming out from it, he hears Sehun's continuously calling him 'hyung', "Excuse me," he takes the radio and presses on the button to hear him properly, and all he could hear was; hyung, armed men at a bank, need you now.

 

He hisses out of annoyance, frantically starts the car, turning to look at Baekhyun who had his head turn to the side, and his earpods in his ears, "Baekhyun-ah,"  he quickly drives out of the parking lot, startling Baekhyun, he turns to him after pulling out the earpods from his ear, "I need to drop you off your hotel, okay?" he steps on the gas, wanting to go back to the hotel quickly so he can do his real job.

 

"Slow down, then! You're trying to kill the both of us," he nervously speaks out, gripping the seatbelt on his chest, "What's wrong?" Chanyeol can hear nervousness lace in his voice.

 

Before he could answer, his radio vibrates in his hand, he quickly presses on the button, answering one of the officer's call, 'hyung! hurry up! we don't know how many they are but they're holding everyone inside hostage. get your here, right now.' Sehun ends the call. He looks at Baekhyun who keeps his tight grip around the seatbelt, "I'm sorry, Baekhyun-ah, but I have to tag you along here, but promise me one thing."

 

It was his first time hearing a real crime call between officers, he never thought he'll experience it outside his video games. Baekhyun wanted to reject and be selfish but his actions beats him with it, so he nods, gulping down his nervousness, he'll be safe with Chanyeol by his side, he's sure of it.

 

"Whatever happens, don't get out of this car, okay?" he feels pity for Baekhyun, knowing this is his first time staying in Jeju, hell it's even his first time eating in pojangmachas, but now Chanyeol's letting him experience these kinds of things as well, and he just wants to apoligize to the poor kid, who's clearly scared of his life, "I'm sorry for dragging you there, please understand."

 

Minutes had passed and Chanyeol left Baekhyun alone in the car, he parked at the farthest spot where the bank is, not risking for Baekhyun to see the tragedy. As a curious twenty-one year old, he manually unlocks the doors of the car, getting out of it, he forcefully drag his feet  to where Chanyeol ran off to, thinking how crazy he is for doing this. He's a naive child, he doesn't know how cruel the world is, all he knows are the good things because that's what's the only thing his parents showed him.

 

He saw a huge crowd blocking his view from the officers in action, he hears murmurs from them, the crime was surprisingly quiet, no shouting, no gun fires, it was something Baekhyun didn't know from the games he plays. He squeeze in through the huge frames of  people in front, mumbling small excuse me's once he reached at the front, a police tape restraining them from moving in further. There he saw the three faces he's familiar with, Sehun was behind the first car in the front with Jongin, while the great almighty Chanyeol was by the door, waiting for it to open.

 

"I-is it really a hostage?" he looks up at the stranger who's watching casually beside him, the stranger nods, making Baekhyun more nervous, chewing on his bottom lip, as he looks back at Chanyeol, who's now preparing to go in. He thinks Chanyeol heard his heart beating nervously because he looked at the crowd, searching for him, once he did, their eyes locked. Baekhyun was looking at him nervously, practically begging  for him to be careful, while Chanyeol looks at him with a slight glare. He knew he shouldn't be here just like what he said, but his feet dragged him there.

 

He was surprised when fingers were wrapped around his wrist, pulling him out of the crowd, he looks at the tall man with wide eyes, he softens up a bit when he realized it was Sehun. Sehun lets out a sigh, running his fingers through his hair, when he let go of Baekhyun, "I-i just... wanted to see you guys-" The small one felt the need to explain.

 

"You know how dangerous this place is for you?" Sehun points at the officers moving forward, bits by bits, when Chanyeol and the rest already went in the place, "Baekhyun-ah, do me-no, do us a favor, go back to the car, right now. Please," He ran off once he said that, quickly going into the bank so he can help the others, the victims to go out safely. Baekhyun looked back, wanting to help them but he knows that all he could do was follow what Sehun and Chanyeol told him.

 

He's back in the car, waiting for one of them to come back so he can go home and sleep the whole night. He's frightened, he heard shouts from the crowd, gunshots went off as well, he tries to ignore it and to block the noise by putting on songs. He had his knees up, his face buried in between them, his palms pressed against his ears, now he knows why his parents are like that, this is just a bit of how sick some people are, how cruel fate is for some people.

 

Almost an hour had passed, Baekhyun was dozing off but his worry to the people who were held hostage kept him awake, not just them but also his friends, even though he knows they don't consider him as one, Sehun was fun to be with and the first time they met they agreed to be friends, even Jongin, who he thinks is the same as Sehun and of course Chanyeol, they might had a rough start but he knows they'll be good friends in the future.

 

Chanyeol's exhausted as he drags himself towards the car, while he thinks how stupid he is for going back to a job he hates, but he's going back for someone. He snickers a bit as he saw Baekhyun curled up in the leather seat, deep in his sleep, "You're cute when you're like that," he whispers to himself, walking towards Baekhyun's side and quietly opens the door, pulling on the seatbelt and carefully puts it across his chest, buckling the smaller one safely in his seat. He sits on the driver's seat, lowering the volume down of the music Baekhyun chose.

 

When they're about to reach the hotel, Baekhyun groans softly from his sleep, making him look at the sleeping boy beside him then quickly looks back at the road, he mumbles Chanyeol's name under his breath. He chuckles a bit, taking a wet tissue from the pack, handing it to Baekhyun, "You drool," he's half awake so he gently grips the tissue before letting it go then gripping it again.

 

"You're okay," he keeps his eyes closed but a smile is prominent on his face, "You were cool awhile ago," Baekhyun flutters his eyes open, to look at Chanyeol who's blushing at his continues compliments, "Is everyone okay?"

 

Chanyeol nods, looking at Baekhyun as he stops at the valet parking, pressing on the lock to loosen Baekhyun's seatbelt, "Everyone's safe," he smiles at the not-so-bratty brat beside him, "Don't worry, I need to make it up to you anyways."

 

He gets out of the car before hearing what Baekhyun's suppose to say, he hands the keys to the valet driver and he opens the door for Baekhyun, he gets out of the car and stretches his arms up, "The sun doesn't set early here, huh?" he wipes the corners of his mouth with the napkin Chanyeol gave him.

 

"Well we are near the sea, so it's not a surprise," Baekhyun nods, walking towards the entrance of the hotel, "I should go now, I'll see you tomorrow," then Baekhyun nods again without turning around to face him. He knew his that attitude he just witnessed awhile ago has already expired.

 

DAY THREE WITH CHANYEOL

 

He was amazed how Chanyeol worked so professionally like that, he doesn't look scared. In fact, he looked so determined with what he's doing. It's four in the morning and he didn't sleep at all, he's playing this so-called League Of Legends that most of the young ones play now, he enjoys doing things like this, letting the virtual world take him away from the reality he just witnessed thanks to Officer Park Chanyeol.

 

Now that he thinks of it, he's just a burden to them, he doesn't understand a bit why the need to guard him during his stay in Jeju, he can take care of himself, especially having Seulgi with him. So he came to a conclusion that he'll ask them to disregard what his father told them to do, he can just team up with them and ask not to tell his father about it. But Baekhyun's never good at being formal, so he thanks Sehun for being such a friend, he's comfortable with.

 

He stands up from the bed, leaving the match earlier than his teammates, making his inbox filled with his teammates whines and complains on why he left the game so early. He takes his phone from the dressing table, where he's charging it, pressing on the home button, the time displays '4:38 AM' on his screen, he just hopes they're awake now. He taps on the conversation with his father, seeing the officers' numbers in a list, he decides to reach Chanyeol since he's the last person he talked with.

 

As much as he liked the three's company, he still knows how important the city's safety is besides his, anyways, he's sure that he'll at least have a friend before he comes back to Seoul. He presses his phone against his ear, hoping that Chanyeol will answer so he doesn't have to tell him face to face, he knows he'll back out and he'll be his selfish self, wanting his three new friends all by himself. He hears a groan on the other line, mumbling 'who's this?' in his sleepy tone.

 

"Chanyeol-ah, it's me, Baekhyun," he leans against the corner of the dressing table, biting on his bottom lip when he heard ruffles and continues annoyed groans from Chanyeol.

 

"It's 4 in the morning, Baekhyun," he sounds annoyed so Baekhyun quickly cuts their conversation by saying; "Don't come tomorrow, or even the other days, okay?" he hangs up after saying those. He feels as if a huge burden were out of his shoulders, but a new one heaves him down, and it's even heavier.

 

He woke up an hour late for his lunch, he had already washed himself up and asked for room service to put all the untouched food away from his room and asked for new one, specifically the meat and the spicy stew that he ate with Chanyeol yesterday. According to Seulgi, he did came at 7 in the morning but he was still sleeping deeply, he came back an hour later but apparently, Baekhyun whined and asked her to not wake him up again.

 

It was a shock for Baekhyun when he realized how young the three are, Sehun had told him about all of them already, he said that both him and Jongin are 23 year olds, while Chanyeol's 24, but they all graduated at the same year. Baekhyun praised them for graduating and getting good jobs like the one they have right now, he's happy for them and Sehun took it gratefully on behalf of the two as well. He was happy for a short period of time with Sehun, they were both full of words and questions for each, forgetting he was talking to an officer and for Sehun he forgot that he's talking to the silver spoon half of the population in Seoul talks about.

 

He was happy with Chanyeol, who took him to a seaside and to those pojangmachas he enjoyed. It was his first time having those kinds of friends, even though it's a one-sided thing,  he still felt happy with them.

 

He walks to the door with a small towel hanging on his head, swinging the door open. He noticed a figure beside the frame of the door, startling him a bit, "You scared me," was the first thing he say to a happy-looking Jongin, he flashes a smile at him and waves at him, "What are you going here?"

 

Jongin crosses his arms over his chest, "Baekhyun, your father told us to do this, what do you think why we're here," he turns to the side, making Baekhyun copy what he did, they see Sehun sprinting towards him. He looks back at the younger one beside him, "Anyways, we were waiting for you to wake up, Chanyeol kind of told us you liked the seaside, so-"

 

"Wait wait- first of all I already told your dear Chanyeol that I don't need you three here anymore, so go do what your job really is, and don't bother me anymore, okay?" He looks both at the two, before looking down then looks back up again, "This stays between us, including Chanyeol. You can tell my father that I'm with you every time he calls one of you, just do that for 4 more weeks then what ever he offered to you, you'll still get it."

 

Sehun was going to speak up to protest but he shakes his head and pulls Jongin with him, who has the courage to speak up, "Ya- tell your father we don't need any of those, we're good with what we have now, thank you," he rolls his eyes before finally walking with Sehun.

 

Baekhyun watches them before slightly hitting the sides of his head, he walks back into the room, harshly closing the door  then plops down on the bed. Baekhyun's never good at talking, especially with older ones, since he only talks to his nannies and to his parents, he barely speaks as well when he's at home, but he has speech classes, he never knows what it is for though.

 

A few minutes later, he was sitting in front of the huge television screen, showing his teammates killing the opponents, because he just got killed by one of them. He has huge headphones covering his ears, talking to some of his teammates and telling them what they should do, he laughs a bit when one of them died because of a simple shot.

 

He grips his controller when the screen flashes to white, indicating that they'll have another round with the same opponents. He feels a cold sensation on his thigh beside him, but he ignores it as he focuses on getting revenge on his enemies, he continuously shout inhumane noises, laughing and /giggling/ once in awhile when he misses the chance to kill them.

 

He turns his head when he felt someone sitting beside him, his eyes widens and pulls off his headphones, he quickly looks back at the screen, letting his character hide from the match, "Why are you here?"

 

Chanyeol looks down at the surprised Baekhyun, making him smile a bit, pointing at the game he was playing, "I wanted to give you the coffee but I got entertained by the way you played," he takes the Americano he put beside Baekhyun and puts the straw in it, handing it to him, who's still looking at him as if he did something really wrong, "Here, I heard  you just woke up."

 

He shakes his head, looking down at his controller before looking back at the screen, "Didn't you heard me last night? Why are you here?" he decides to ignore Chanyeol's existence as he continues to play the game quietly.

 

"Heard what last night? and I'm here because-" then Baekhyun cuts him off after hiding his characters from his enemies again, "Stop pretending you didn't hear what I said last night- let me repeat it then, don't come here anymore, go do what your job really is."

 

Chanyeol puts the plastic cup down, shrugging as he looks back at the screen, "I'm here as a friend then, can I stay now?" he looks back at Baekhyun, letting out a soft laugh, "You kind of scarred Sehun and Jongin though, they just wanted to eat with you."

 

-

 

Chanyeol sees himself with the three younger ones, laughing at their own jokes. After staying with Baekhyun and playing games with him, they had agreed to have dinner together, now here they are where Baekhyun chose, a place of stores selling streetfoods. Chanyeol just learned that it's his first time eating fishcakes on sticks, teokkbokkis on plastic bowls and a lot more.

 

"Try this," Baekhyun excitedly exclaims, showing the three a huge tornado potato in his free hand, smiling widely, "Sehun-ah, try it!" he hands it to Sehun then hands another one to Jongin, he pays for the four expensive looking street food, then hands the last one to Chanyeol.

 

"Baekhyun, you do know we tried this way before you did," Jongin laughs a bit, happily eating the food that was paid by the youngest with them, "But thank you for the food!"

 

Jongin and Baekhyun had became friends at the end though, Baekhyun apologized for sounding rude and Jongin did for misunderstanding. After eating, they decided to sit by the bonfire a group of youngsters that created, Chanyeol got a newspaper from the ground, asking Baekhyun to stand up first so he can put the  paper on their seat, so it wouldn't freeze their butts.

 

He sits down comfortably, rubbing the hot pack in his palms, "It's incredibly cold tonight," he breathes out, but he keeps a smile on his face, looking around then his eyes meets Chanyeol's, he grins at him before gazing back at the small fire in front of them, "It's like we're in a camping with strangers," he shivers a bit so he places the tiny hot pack in between his thighs, hiding his hands under his bum, "I want to go camping, recommend me a good place where I should go."

 

He turns his face to look at Chanyeol, who was still staring at him, he, then, hands his hot pack to Baekhyun, who hesitantly takes it, thanking him, "You're going to go camping alone?" he slides his hands into his thick fur jacket after zipping it all the way to hide the half of his face, "It's not fun camping alone."

 

"For all you know, Sir Park, I'm going to ask  my friends to come here, so we can go camping," he was lying though, if he had any friends he's close with, they should be here with him. Chanyeol also knows he's lying, thinking the same thing as what Baekhyun just thought about, "And I might come back here anyway."

 

He shouldn't be happy when Baekhyun mentioned that, he clears his throat, turning his attention back at the fire that's becoming bigger than awhile ago. Sehun and Jongin finally came back after a while, they had bought them hot chocolates, and Jongin just had to sit in between Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun was a little bit disappointed though.

 

DAY FOUR WITH CHANYEOL

 

He was standing in front of the hotel, white long-sleeves hugs Baekhyun's frame perfectly, grey sweatpants loosely hangs from his waist, and he decided to bring out the hotel's slippers. He came to a conclusion that he wants to stay outside and walk around the city, but of course, just near the hotel, he's scared to get lost too.

 

He thought he was going to be sick because of how cold last night was, they all stayed until late in the evening because Baekhyun wanted to wait for the fire to die down, the three was okay with it though, they talked and talked until their mouths dried up and they didn't even realize it was already two in the morning.

 

It's still cold today, but Baekhyun couldn't careless, he liked cold morning breeze so it's okay. He walked into a convenient store across their hotel, smiling at the worker  who was cleaning the floor. He takes a ramyeon cup noodle, opening it and pours hot water in it, he walks towards the counter and pays for it, asking for a yogurt as well. He may be rich but he knows how convenient stores work, he sits on the tall chair, which requires him struggling to sit without using his hands.

 

He watches some cars drive pass the store, he looks up at the sky, making him smile as he noticed how blue it was and how peaceful it looks like. He felt someone sit beside him once more, but he chose to ignore the person, since he's having a date with the sky, but it didn't work when he saw a hand trying to steal his yogurt away from him.

 

"What-" he turns his head, seeing the tall one with huge ears, he's so familiar with. "Don't steal my yogurt," he furrows his eyebrows together, taking the small container away from him, "It's mine, buy your own."

 

He chuckles, nudging Baekhyun's arm a bit, "I was going to buy you a coffee, so I'm glad I didn't. I don't want to be the cause of your tummy ache," he sees a bright pink scarf around Chanyeol neck, making him laugh loudly, covering his mouth with his hand.

 

He looks at him as if he's crazy but fondness fills his eyes, watching how Baekhyun laughs with his head tilting upwards, his eyes squinting and wrinkles showing on his skin as he laughs. He also noticed how feminine his fingers are, well compared to his, it's slender and... just pretty, he looked away once Baekhyun came down from laughing too hard at his bright pink scarf, "I'm sorry, that was just funny, I like your sense for fashion," he brings his thumb up at Chanyeol.

 

"It's cold, aren't you cold?" he watches as Baekhyun starts to eat his ramyeon from the cup, "Oh I see rich people like you still eat from those," and the teasing starts now.

 

He saw how he rolls his eyes while eating, ignoring what Chanyeol said. Baekhyun wipes his mouth with the napkin the guy from the counter gave him, "I am cold that's why I'm eating something spicy," he slides the cup near Chanyeol, offering him some, but he shakes his head with his nose scrunched up.

 

"I can't really eat something spicy," he states, looking through the glass wall, looking at the well-made hotel across them.

 

So Baekhyun places the yogurt, with the small straw stuck in it, in front of Chanyeol, "Here you go then, I realized I'll hurt my tummy if I drink that too," he pauses for a while before adding; "But you ate that spicy stew back in pajangmocha?" he tilts his head as he looks at Chanyeol, who cracks another fond smile on his face.

 

"It's pojangmacha, Baekhyun," he takes the yogurt from him, thanking him quietly before taking a small sip, "It's just a bit though, and it wasn't that spicy."

 

For two hours, they stay there, looking out the window, sometimes glancing at each other as they happily talk about their lives. Baekhyun learnt that Chanyeol's body can't take anything spicy, he also knows that ever since he was a kid he wanted to be a police officer because of his father, so he's technically living his dream right now. He now knows that he didn't expect for the department to bring him to Jeju to work, also, he just realized that he's from Seoul, ever since Baekhyun met the three he thought they just learned the Seoul dialect for the purpose of foreign people like him. Sehun didn't mention anything like that.

 

They're now walking through the cold streets, the weather became even colder than awhile ago. He wanted to drag Chanyeol back to the hotel because he's so cold, but he didn't want to break their moment, it's rare for them to be like this, it's either one of them will suddenly become stubborn, that'll lead to ignoring each other, that'll lead Baekhyun wanting to go back home. He still had his hotel slippers on, so technically his bare feet is exposed to the cold.

 

"This is where we usually hang out," Chanyeol says, pointing at the busy part of the town, it was like the place where they ate last night but it was a lot messier and nosier, "It's near our station."

 

Baekhyun didn't want to disappoint Chanyeol but he couldn't help but just nod because his lips are frozen, and he thinks if he speaks he'll just shiver and stutter. It wasn't that cold but Baekhyun's exposed to the cold weather, so he can't help it. He was wearing a thin white long-sleeves, sweatpants and the damn hotel slippers.

 

Chanyeol watches how Baekhyun slightly shiver, so he asked for him to sit down on the bench. He shrugs off his thick coat, then his jacket, placing it on the bench, before he sits on it. "I'll just buy something," he quietly nods but he flashes him the smile Chanyeol really hates.

 

He watches how the tall figure walk into the small store, he rubs his palm together, breathing out between his hands. If he didn't like Chanyeol's company he would just leave him and go back to his hotel, but he surprisingly wants Chanyeol's endless stories until he gets bored of telling him that. He'll never get bored listening to him, so that's the problem.

 

His personality is way different to the one he showed when he first met the three. He's not cold, he doesn't act like a spoiled brat, Baekhyun's kind, soft-hearted and he tends to cry at little things. Chanyeol had discovered all of that while watching the little one eating and talking to his friends happily, he knows there's more to see of Baekhyun, and he looks forward to it. That's another problem.

 

Chanyeol walks back to where Baekhyun was, sighing in relief when he saw the small figure dangling his feet and shaking his hands to shake off the coldness as well. "I thought you left me alone here," he looks up to Chanyeol, who rolls his eyes then crouches down, placing the paper bag on the ground, "What's that?"

 

He grabs the hot pack from the bag, tearing the cover off and unseals it. He grabs Baekhyun's ankle, removing the slipper from his foot, before gently sticking the hot pack on his cold foot. He cups his small foot with his huge and warm hands, gently and slowly rubbing it. He does it to his other foot, Baekhyun kept his eyes  at him, and when Chanyeol looks up, he offers him a small smile, before biting his bottom lip shyly.

 

None of them talks, Baekhyun stood up after slipping back on the slippers. Chanyeol hands him the other hot pack for his hands, and then he takes his jacket from the bench, dusting it off. Baekhyun kept his eyes anywhere but to Chanyeol, who's chest is dangerously close to him, he places his jacket over his shoulders, putting the hoodie on his head. He pulls away, unwrapping his scarf around his neck and places it around Baekhyun's letting it cover half of his face, he looks at Baekhyun with a smile on his lips, "You look warm now."

 

Oh I sincerely hope you die, Park Chanyeol.

 

DAY FIVE WITH BAEKHYUN

 

"You know I just realized something," Baekhyun turns his head from the screen to look at Chanyeol who's busy finishing off his paperworks, "I remembered how you barged in the bank as if no armed criminals are in there, you didn't seem scared," Chanyeol looks up, scrunching his nose up a bit.

 

He's sitting on the carpeted floor of Baekhyun's hotel room, it's his day off and he decided to drop off another Americano for his friend, and with that he also asked if he can stay there, his excuse is that his hotel is a lot nearer than his apartment to the station, which is a lie by the way.

 

"I was scared to death," he clips the papers after finishing them, sliding them into the envelope, "It was adrenaline. I wanted to save them and I don't want my co-workers to be scared," He stands up and Baekhyun follows him with his eyes, he puts the envelope on the bed, before grabbing the seat and places it beside Baekhyun, "What kind of officer I am if I'm the first one to back out there."

 

"You're right," he smiles widely, bringing his feet up to the chair as he continues to play the shooting game, the both of them really likes playing. "I've always thought you guys are so cool," he coos, keeping his eyes at the screen, and Chanyeol, as usual, keeping his eyes at Baekhyun. He feels like he can draw his face without looking at him or the sketch, he can perfectly draw him by now.

 

He cross his leg over his thigh, glancing at the screen once in a while but most of the time his eyes are fixed on Baekhyun.

 

Yesterday was really happy for the both of them, they truly enjoyed their companies. At the end, they spent the whole day playing inside Baekhyun's room, the younger one teaching Chanyeol how to play Overwatch which is the game he's recently addicted to.

 

After Baekhyun's third death, Chanyeol takes the controller from him, standing up and asks for the whining Baekhyun to stand up as well, "You're in Jeju, near a seaside and have lots and lots of fun places to go to compared to Seoul, but you're stuck here playing this game," he raises an eyebrow, as he looks at the smaller one with his bottom lip pouted a bit, looking at his controller from Chanyeol's hand.

 

"Aigoo...," he breathes out and without thinking, even he was surprised when he places his hand gently on top of Baekhyun's head but he quickly pulls it away, clearing his throat and pretends that he flicked something from his hair, "There was a bug."

 

Baekhyun wraps his fingers around the controller and slightly tugs on it, "Let me play a game, one last game then take me wherever you want," Chanyeol lets his guards down quickly, losing his grip from the controller. He snickers evilly, taking his headphones from the ground and puts it on as he quickly plays another round of the exciting game.

 

Chanyeol stayed though, Baekhyun let him lay on his bed while he waits for him to finish the game but Chanyeol insisted on sitting beside him, because he secretly wants to watch Baekhyun-- the game. He wants to watch the game.

 

It lasted for about half an hour until one side surrenders and declared defeat- which is Baekhyun's team. He turns his head to look at Baekhyun, who's sadly exiting the game, "Ya. Baekhyun-ah, don't be too sad, okay?" he pursed his lips together, trying to conceal his laughter, "I'll show you a game that's much more exciting than this."

 

Baekhyun nods at Chanyeol before he gets into his walk-in closet to change into something warm. After a few quick minutes, he went back to where Chanyeol was, he quickly noticed that he's wearing his jacket beneath his furry coat, that looks extremely large on him. He stopped himself from checking him out, so he looks up at his face, and there he sees his ugly scarf around Baekhyun's neck.

 

"I thought you hated that scarf," he unwraps it from him, putting the hoodie on Baekhyun's head, before wrapping the knitted scarf again around his neck, "It's cold tonight," he speaks softly, seeing Baekhyun's eyes ignoring his, "I'm not as rich as you are and hot packs are expensive these days," he decides to , "And I remember how you shivered yesterday," he wanted to continue on teasing him but, again, his stupid words went ahead, "It's a sight to see, bu-"

 

Baekhyun nods, walking towards the door without letting Chanyeol finish his words, "Come on! let's go before the night ends."

 

12:04 AM flashes on Chanyeol's phone, he looks at Baekhyun, who's crouching down in front of the claw machine, continuing to slide coins into the machine as he continues to lose desperately. That was the game that Chanyeol introduced to Baekhyun, another thing that he learned from the young one. He saw claw machines before but never played with one, the first 10 coins were treated by Chanyeol but as they continue to lose, Baekhyun changed almost all his money from his wallet.

 

"I want that plushie for my dog," he points at the carrot stuffed toy that's on the corner of the machine. He takes his wallet from the pocket of his coat, looking through it quickly. Chanyeol just watches him, shaking his head when Baekhyun just pulled out his credit card.

 

"Don't, stop, you could just buy one if you waste that huge amount of money for the claw machine," he looks at Baekhyun, with that sad pouty face, his eyes fixed on the stuffed toy. He also noticed how his cheeks and the tip of his nose flushed bright pink, similar to the color of his scarf. Chanyeol rubs the hot pack in his palm before handing it to Baekhyun, who lost his sealed hot pack when they were eating in a convenient store, "Don't you have something to do tomorrow?"

 

He sits down beside Chanyeol, quickly stomping his feet and shaking his legs to shake off the coldness as well, "I'm actually going to be busy tomorrow," he looks up at the dull night sky, slightly dabbing the hot pack on his neck, "I guess it's time for me to get to work, Chanyeol-ah."

 

When Baekhyun looks at the older one with a huge smile on his face, he quickly looks away, oblivious by the fact that Chanyeol's looking at him intently, instead of having an eye staring contest with Chanyeol, he kept his gaze fixed at the water dripping from the table, that's slowly freezes as it drips, "Is it time for us to go back to work too?" he lowly speaks up, and Baekhyun can't help but admire his voice. Ever since day one, he liked how deep and low his voice is, completely different from his.

 

"What do you mean? Aren't you doing you-" Chanyeol cut him off quickly, "I mean to work for you again," and so Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol, scooting away a bit to look at his face properly, wanting to know if he's joking; but by the looks on his face, he's completely serious, "I already told you about that, Chanyeol."

 

"Hanging out with you is like I'm doing my job too, so there's no difference anyway-" Baekhyun stands up quickly, surprising Chanyeol. He shrugs off his behind before turning to look at Chanyeol with a deep frown shown on his face.

 

"And just so I thought I finally have a friend," he scoffs, handing him back his hot pack, knowing how cold it is. He misunderstood him, but Chanyeol can't even utter a word, as he just watch Baekhyun walk away from him.

 

He was mad. Mad for being like this, being born like what he is now. Everyone treats him so differently, he just acts for a friend, for someone to play with him, to stick with him, but it all comes down to him being born as the son of one of the most richest people in the whole country. It's either they ask for money every time they hang out with Baekhyun, or Baekhyun will overhear what his parents are talking about, and it's about asking for other parents to let their kids hang  out with Baekhyun. A desperate move, right? That's why he decided to never go out of their house, so his parents will not pity him for being alone.

 

DAY SIX WITH BAEKHYUN

 

He slept with the clothes he was wearing last night. It was comfortable around his body but it was difficult to move, nevertheless he had a nice sleep despite encountering with an angry Baekhyun for the first time. He's in his uniform, the light blue cloth hugging his upper body perfectly, it's a bit fitted around him because most of the officers works out together every morning, and the young ones has a different regimen.

 

"Hyung," Sehun's voice rang through his ears, shaking him off from his focused state. The smell of coffee delights his whole body, he stands up and gratefully takes the cheap coffee from Sehun, "I was calling you last night, but you never answered."

 

"I had to finish some things," he takes a small sip from the cup, walking out of his office with Sehun, "And no, I'm not telling you what it was."

 

He lets out a chuckle, tucking his fingers in his pocket, "I wasn't interested anyway," he leans against the front desk of their station, looking at the by standers outside, some were selling balloons and fish cakes, "Who would buy a balloon these days?" and when Sehun said that, he sees a familiar face, who's smiling at the vendor, pointing at a blue balloon and gratefully pays for it right after. Chanyeol was looking through the papers, slightly flicking Sehun's arm to gain his attention.

 

"Isn't that Baekhyun?" He quickly turns around and just like what he said, it is indeed Baekhyun. He has his black jacket, his ugly bright pink scarf and some papers in his arm. He's with Seulgi as well and they're both wearing comfortable warmers around them.

 

Chanyeol hands Sehun his coffee, walking out of their station, coldness quickly greets him  harshly but he chose to ignore it. "Baekhyun-ah, aren't you too old for these?" she smiles at Baekhyun who gave her a purple balloon, thanking him right after.

 

He clears his throat, walking nearer to them. They're both busy wrapping the cords around their wrists so the balloons won't fly away. Can I arrest someone for being too ing adorable? Chanyeol thinks, keeping his eyes at the boy with a huge smile on his face, his tongue slightly sticking out.

 

"Byun Baekhyun?" he decides to come to his senses, and the two quickly focuses on him, "What are you doing here?"

 

Baekhyun walks towards Chanyeol, handing him the paper works and his clothes that he left from his hotel room, "Can't I come here?" and so, it's back. The type of Byun Baekhyun, Officer Park Chanyeol definitely hates, "Aren't you going to thank me, though?"

 

He always ask himself that when he compliments Baekhyun, his attitude changes to that, what is it with the timing. "Thank you," he politely thanks him, getting reminded of their ranking now that they're not considered as friends anymore.

 

"Baekhyun!" Sehun shouts from the door, smiling widely with two coffees in his hands. With Sehun, Baekhyun smiles genuinely wide and waves back at him, "Noona!" That kid is way too friendly for Chanyeol's liking. His fingers flinches a bit, making him aware of how cold it is, so he excuses himself, walking back to their door where the heater invites him warmly. The two went back in their attention-grabbing foreign car after saying goodbye's and thank you's both to the vendor and to the two officers looking at them, one with a smile and one with a slight frown shown on his lips.

 

DAY TEN WITHOUT BAEKHYUN

 

These past few days for Chanyeol, he was about to die of boredom. His co-workers save him though, they went out to drink but ending up to Chanyeol the only one going home too drunk. His body isn't immune to the bitter and strong ingredients of alcohols.

 

He let himself get drunk though, it's his day-off the next day anyway, so it's pretty okay for him to get that drunk. He woke up with a huge hangover, and as usual the caring dongsaengs made him some porridge to lessen his headache.

 

The next day, there weren't any crimes at all, even the small ones, the city was quiet and boring, so as usual, the three went out together to eat street foods that they truly love. (and as usual, Chanyeol treated them)

 

The day after that wasn't different though, but Chanyeol only stayed in his office, dreadfully waiting for any crime call, not that he's wishing for robs or hostages though, he's just really bored. Mr. Byun kept him company though, he would ask if they were with Baekhyun and Seulgi, he would lie and say yes, and he thanks him silently that he doesn't ask more questions about them.

 

Oh so he wishes that he knows what Baekhyun is doing.

 

He puts his plain black cap to cover his face, wanting to have a quick eye-shut to let the time pass.

 

It was six in the evening and they were about to go home until they heard loud gun shots from the alley near their station. Seoul was never a quiet place at night and Chanyeol loves it. Sehun had quickly ran to where he heard the gunshots with Jongin and their other fellow offiers, while Chanyeol runs to the other side instead.

 

His radio channels to whom was talking, which is Jongin, "Where are you, hyung?" he breathlessly say, "We lost them."

 

Just then, he saw a man running back to where he came from, at the corner of his eyes. He lifts his hand up and presses on the radio that's tuck in his pocket, "Stay there, he's going to be running back there, so corner him," he's sure it's the one who fired gunshots awhile ago.

 

He runs to the different way again, knowing the criminals' ways of getting out off the officers' sights. There were still people at the street, some heard the shots some ignored it, saying they're just  hearing things, he squeezes himself in between them, "Gwanghwamun-" was all he heard from the radio, so he stops in his tracks, looking around as he breathes out tiredly.

 

But he quickly runs to the direction where the place is, the sun just set, so there are still lots of people in the place, especially tourists. The main targets of thieves like them are definitely foreigners, with a lot of pocket money in them. He's unarmed, he usually leave everything back in their station or in his place, his feet stops moving when he sees the big statue, indicating that he's in the place, he continues to look around, not seeing anyone suspicious at all.

 

The people around him looks at him weirdly, but at the corner part of the tourist spot, he heard screams, so he sprints towards them, and there he sees the familiar faces of his co-workers. Most of them are unarmed, and there were two armed criminals, who has clearly expensive bags on their back and wallets in their other hands, "C-come near us- I'll shoot you! All of you!" His eyes were red and blazing, the same with the other one.

 

Chanyeol steps forward, telling the others to run away from there, but of course some were stubborn and wants to watch. "We're the police! You have the right to remain silent!" One of their top officers shouts, stepping forward as well, "Put down y-"

 

The guy, who's obviously high on drugs, aims his old gun towards him, "Shut up!" the guy's back was facing him, but the other one's eyeing him, with the gun aimed towards him as well, Jongin was on the other side, so Chanyeol looks at him and nods once. The people around them screeches when the man shoots the ground, he covers his ears a bit but he regains himself. Jongin gets ready as well, slowly moving forward them, Chanyeol runs though, he was scared but he ran towards the guy who's back is  facing him, he quickly grips his wrist tightly, twisting it, making him drop the gun.

 

He presses his twisted arm against his lower back, slightly kicking the back of his knees, so he drops on his front with a groan, Chanyeol hovers over him, letting out a disgust chuckle, the rest of the officers took their guns and the things that they stole, Kasper, one of his close friends as well, gives Chanyeol handcuffs, locking his twisted arms behind him, "You make us work overtime," he says after standing up with the man, who continues on groaning.

 

"As expected from the oh-so charming Park Chanyeol," he slurs, looking at the young officer with his blazing red eyes, "They were right about you, you are handsome," he frowns and pushes him with his wrist around his arms, so he walks behind him, leading him to where their station is located.

 

"Ya! Sehun-ah," Jongin frowns at Sehun who continues to smile and greet the citizens as if he had a big role in their last crime for tonight, Sehun had already gave the properties back to the rightful owners and it's definitely time for them to go home.

 

It wasn't his first time running for a criminal, but it's the first he felt that snap inside him. Sudden realization that not everyone is kind like him and his friends, some are desparate to have money, some envies others, leading to crimes like these. He also realized that he should never be kind to everyone, who clearly doesn't deserve his kindness. He can spat harsh words to some here and there, and because of that he came to the conclusion that he's definitely a pro now with hiding his personal feelings when working.

 

He takes his cap down, groaning as he rests his arms and head on the table, closing his eyes shut.

 

Baekhyun did mentioned that he'll be busy these past few days- Stop thinking about that little brat, stupid. He can't help but smile though, when he sees how beautiful Baekhyun's smile was when he saw it for the first time.

 

Chanyeol hits his head with the papers near him, repeatedly hitting the back of his head, "Don't let that little brat get to you," he whispers to himself, sitting up and runs his fingers through his hair while he leans against the back rest of his chair. He was even barely with him for the past few days but... he craves for it. To see his smile, to hear his laugh, to accidentally touch his hands, to... just be with him even just for a month.

 

He closes his eyes once more, placing his palm over his chest. Baekhyun-ah. "Baekhyun-ah," he mumbles lowly, then covers his face with the papers that he used to hit himself, "What are you doing to me?"

 

Just then, he hears a slightly deep voice voicing out: "Baekhyun-ah, hyung misses you, please come back and forgive him," his eyes widens and looks at the direction where he hears the voice. Jongin stands in front of him with his phone pressed against his ear, "Is it wrong?" He coughs a bit then clears his throat, "Baekhyun-ah," he tries to deepen his voice more making his face unpleasant to see.

 

He sits up quickly, throwing the unneeded papers from his hands, "Ya. Stop it," he warns the younger one, he stands up and walks towards Jongin, "-but are you really talking to him?"

 

Jongin slight slaps his forearm with his phone, then shakes his head, "How and why would I know Baekhyun's number?" he adds as he sits on the plastic chair, copying Chanyeol's position awhile ago, he places his hand on his chest as well, "What's this? What are you doing to me?" he, then, quickly straights up, looking at his hyung who's not impressed even a bit, "Don't tell me y-"

 

"Aren't you busy? Go do your work, don't bother me, don't come inside, don't even say his name in front of me ever again-" Jongin tilts his head with an evil smile, "Baekhyun's name?" so Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, warning him.

 

The teasing from the youngsters continued until they went home. (They even walked with Chanyeol just so they can annoy him to death)

 

DAY ELEVEN WITHOUT CHANYEOL

 

Baekhyun holds the heavy books in his hands, letting out a tired sigh. He looks at Seulgi with a pout on his lips, "I'm tired," he mouths quietly, making her pout as well, muttering a quiet "I'm sorry," to him, making him more sad and desperate to go home.

 

Apparently, his parents enrolled him to a school. A school where he can enhance his postures, how he walks, how he poses, and even how he stands still. For God's sake he's a human being, of course he knows how to stand proper enough for him to blend in with the higher class, he'll meet once his father announce who the new CEO is.

 

"Follow the line, Byun," his mentor strictly says, tapping the thick white line on the polished floor, "Straighten your back, chin up and chest out," he lets out a quiet sigh, standing at the end of the line, straightening his back, lifting his chin up a bit for him to look soffusticatedly rich, he slight, he starts to walk, following the line as he keeps his eyes fixed on the red dot plastered on the white wall, "Good good, now- books on your head."

 

This is the part he hates the most, he lifts the thick books that he was holding and places it on top of his head one by one. His mentor taps on the red dot on the other side of the wall, "Up to here," he quietly obliges, but he has to repeat it for a few more times before successfully reaching the corner where his mentor is. (He repeated it many times until he simultaneously succeeds.)

 

Finally, it was over. The dreadful sessions. It's done for now, he's going to have at least a day off from the enhancement school, he's excited to go home, but he wanted to show Seulgi what he just learned from Chanyeol. It was eating in pajangmochas.

 

Seulgi had respectfully said she ate there already once they arrived there because apparently, Baekhyun had mispronounced it as; 'pojangmochas', so Seulgi thought it was some sort of mart he saw when they drove passed the busy street of the city.

 

"Aren't you tired, noona?" he suddenly asks after eating a heavy load of meat he ordered from the grandmother, he's now close with, "I mean, you always come with me," she wipes with the napkin, finishing off her tteokbokki from a plastic bowl, he dreadfully hates.

 

"Why would I be?" she flips the last sliced meats on the pan, before placing them on Baekhyun's plate, "Ya. Eat up, I don't want any more," she lets out a soft chuckle as he whines playfully, shaking his head. Baekhyun plays with the meat on his plate, scrunching his nose up, "-but how did you find out about this place though? I never thought you'll eat here."

 

"Ah- stop it, am I not allowed to eat in food tents?" he rolls his eyes, glaring at the small cup on the table, but his eyes softens before looking back at Seulgi, "Park Chanyeol brought me here- okay; imagine someone like him bringing someone like me here, right?" Well, sometimes his cockiness is taller than 180cm. (even taller than that sometimes)

 

She coos teasingly, then she hums once more, pointing her finger up as she tries to defend Park Chanyeol, "First, he just wants to show you what real food is; second, he probably brought you here because he wants to be close to you, third, he showed you what Jeju really is and lastly; it's a question actually, why did your eyes sparkle when you brought him up?" She wouldn't even talk about it if she didn't notice the shine in his eyes.

 

DAY TWELVE WITH BAEKHYUN

 

He stands in front of a mart, staring at the unique looking box of mochis designed in front of the mart. He tries to hide his smile but it crept to his lips once Baekhyun pops in his mind, he didn't think twice in buying it and now after asking for a lower price for the box of mochis, he finally have it in his hands.

 

He stays at the counter, smiling charmingly at the lady by the register, "May I borrow your pen and have a piece of sticky note?" he keeps his smile at the lady, who's about to melt right there, so for him to stop, she gave her what he needs. He thanks her, then  he crouches down, quickly scribbling on the small and slightly crumpled paper, 'Khyun-ah, Please don't tell me it's your first time seeing these. If it is then enjoy it, I'm glad to be the first one showing them to you. If it's not then just pretend. ps: they look like u ^-^'

 

He finds himself in the floor where Baekhyun;s room is, he already knocked so many times but; it's either Baekhyun's ignoring him or he's out. It's 50/50. He tucks his hand in his coat, leaning against the wall and lets out a soft sigh with his eyes closed, he really came there after his long and tiring day at work. Is he still busy?

 

Zipping his coat up before sitting down on the carpeted hallway, with his legs crossed, he places the box on his thighs. Chanyeol pulls up the hood of his inner jacket, letting his head rest on the cold wall, he shakes his feet to forget about the coldness of the hallways in hotels. He shouldn't be even doing this, he should be sleeping in his warm bed and not in this cold floor, and he shouldn't be wasting his money on food he doesn't even like at all.

 

Baekhyun was back an hour later, with a black bag in his hands and laughters with Seulgi filled the quiet hallway, but it quckly died down when he sees a tall figure across his hotel room, and of course, it can only be the one and only- "Chanyeol?" Seulgi walks towards him with Baekhyun, slightly crouching down to check if it is really Chanyeol, and he's correct. It is him.

 

He kneels down beside his sleeping figure, placing both his hands on his forearms gently, "Ya. Chanyeol-ah," he leans a bit closer to his face when he heard a quiet snore leave his nose, "What even are you doing?" he quietly scolds him, he looks at Seulgi and asks her to go back to her room since she's as tired as Baekhyun today.

 

He sits down close to Chanyeol, facing him then he notices the box on his lap. Chanyeol was loosely holding it so he takes it from him, careful not to wake him up, he smiles at the light blue note stuck on the corner of the box, making him laugh quietly, "Thank you, Chanyeol."

 

He places the box down beside him and rummages through the black plastic bag from a store, "I can't carry you but I can make you warm," he unwraps his bright yellow polka dot patterned scarf from his neck before wrapping it around Chanyeol's, perfectly covering his parted mouth. Then he rips off the warm pack, that'll last for 10 hours, and places it on top of the older one's hand, he unsealed another two small hot packs before hesistantly ping his thick coat, "I'm doing this so you won't get cold, don't misunderstand."

 

Baekhyun gently places the hot packs on his back, just in between his shoulder blades. When he was about to finish his job, Chanyeol's head quickly drop to the side, but Baekhyun's arm catches it before he hits his head on the floor, "What are you doing, you giant baby," he says through his gritted teeth. Where are the helpers when you need them? He looks both at the side, keeping Chanyeol's heavy head on his arms.

 

His head gently drops on the soft carpeted floor, and Baekhyun's still kneeling in front of him, gently patting his cheek, "Wake up," he whispers softly, then he continues to pat his cheek, biting his bottom lip to refrain himself from laughing at how his face jiggles, "Actually stay here if you want," he stands up, grabbing the plastic bag and the box he received. He looks back at him, then sighs quietly when he sees the hot pack away from him, so he crouches down once more and places it on his open hand.

 

Baekhyun spreads his fingers out when he placed the small pack in his hand, he cracks a smile, clearly liking how beautifully rough his fingers are. He shakes it off and stands up quickly, walking back into his room, not looking back at the poor sleeping person across his room.

 

Day thirteen

 

His co-workers asked him to rest for the day, and so he did. But he didn't stay in his place, he stayed with Baekhyun, but with business with him actually. Mainly about why he left him in the cold hallway, so he tries to knock on the door aggressively but a sudden imagine of peaceful Baekhyun pops in his mind, instantly making him soft, he ends up knocking gently and quietly calling his friend's name.

 

"Oh-Park Chanyeol," he hears the voice he's so familiar with, he looks to his side, a Baekhyun with wet hair and towel twisted on either side of his head, greets him, "You're here," he smiles with his eyes squinted a bit, Baekhyun skips towards him and opens the door of his hotel room, "I was eating downstairs, good thing you didn't had to wait again," Chanyeol keps his ugly pink scarf hidden behind him, clearing his throat to finally greet the other one properly.

 

"Good Morning," he softly blurts out, then clears his throat once more, "Did you like the mochi?" was all he could ask when Baekhyun plops on the bed, slightly revealing his tummy but quickly covers it up with his blanket. This kid.

 

He nods as an answer, patting the spot beside him, "You don't have work?" he says as he reaches for the controller from his nightstand.

 

Shaking his head, he sits down, keeping his eyes at the bubbly Baekhyun, "Do you want to go somewhere today though?" he quickly said then adds; "If you're not busy though." Chanyeol, you're not here to ask if you could have another date with him again.

 

Baekhyun sits closer to Chanyeol, handing him his other controller and points at the screen, their arms are brushing against each other and it created a huge and powerful spark for the both of them(but Baekhyun didn't know what it was so he scoot farther from him). "Depends where," keeps his eyes on the screen, getting lost on the game again.

 

"Jjimjilbang," he simply states, looking at Baekhyun with a proud smile, but quickly fades when he just nods once, plopping back down on the bed, letting Baekhyun's team win because of Chanyeol's lack of attention.

 

"Ah-ya!" He slightly kicks Chanyeol's thigh and glares at him, "Let's be serious here," he sits back up just to punch him on the forearm, but Chanyeol takes the controller from him and shakes his head.

 

"I will be when you agree to come with me to the bathhouse tonight," he watches as Baekhyun laughs, rolling his eyes and easily takes the controller from him.

 

Before he could tease Baekhyun even further, he nods agreeing with him, "I think it'll be fun."

 

Now, they're waiting for them to qualify in the night hours for the bathhouse Chanyeol knows, Baekhyun's laying on the bed comfortably as he looks up at the ceiling, while Chanyeol sits on the chair, looking out of the window and sometimes glancing at Baekhyun.

 

"I've always thought how your jobs are," he suddenly sits up, making him stumble from his sit to look back at the window, shrugging his shoulders as if he doesn't care about a single word Baekhyun said. He kept his eyes at the older one infront of him, sitting by the window, "Chanyeol?"

 

He hums while nodding, turning his head to look at Baekhyun, "It's not easy, you've seen how it was," the younger one stands up, dragging the stool for the dressing table towards Chanyeol, but before he could sit, Chanyeol stands up and offers him his with a backrest, and he sits down on the stool instead. They were facing each other, and they both had their feet up on their seats, so their toes are brushing against each other a bit, "Why do you suddenly ask?"

 

Shrugging his shoulders, he rests his chin on his knees as he looks out of the window, loving how amazing the view is from his room, "I suddenly want to know more about you," he mindlessly say, he quickly wants to take it back but he pretends he meant the words he siad.

 

Chanyeol was caught off guard, trying to keep a straight face on, "Adrenaline always comes to you like a truck, you know? When you haven't tried shooting a gun but shot one for the first time because of that feeling, or when you're tired but you continued running as if your legs aren't giving up-" he turns to look at Baekhyun, who's looking at him as well, "-because you have to save someone. Even if you just met that person for the first time, you know they're still important," Baekhyun sighs to cover his embarrassment, closing his eyes as he turns away from Chanyeol's gaze, "I know for sure, they're already important to me."

 

His intoxicating words made him drunk.

 

"Isn't this a spa too?" he looks up at the signage, fixing Chanyeol's scarf around his neck. He decided to wear it instead of his own scarf, "Chanyeol?" he looks to his side but sees that he already walked in without him, he frowns with a pout and follows him instead. "Can I pay for it?" he looks up at the taller one, raises his eyebrows and shows his wallet. He continues on talking to the lady behind the counter, so he just listens and pulls out his card from his wallet and places it near the (slide sa card).

 

Chanyeol just looks at Baekhyun's hand then up to his face, "Spoiled brat," he mutters under his breath, but Baekhyun heard it so he nudges him hard on the side with his elbow, "What was that for?" he whispers to the younger one, who's picking the massage rooms.

 

They had changed into the bathrobes, that Baekhyun hates, they both went to a different room and starts to get their bodies massaged. It wasn't Chanyeol's first time getting a massage, but it's his first time going with someone and he thinks it's much more fun when he's with a companion. On the other hand, Baekhyun was his first time putting on a dry and itchy bathrobe, it's his first time laying down on an uncomfortably thin massage bed but it's not his first time having a relaxing massage. Even though most of his experience there isn't really that comfortable, he still thanks Chanyeol for letting him experience this.

 

"What was it like living as a CEO's only son?" "Do you get anything you want?" "Hey, Baekhyun, can you buy  me these?" "Your dad told us so."

 

Ever since he turned thirteen those are all he hears, when he hangs out with his so-called friends, they'll immediately ask him that, but Baekhyun being Baekhyun, he'll ignore the oblivious and answers them and gives them whatever they ask for just for them to stay with him. They're kids with silver spoon on their tongue as well but not as rich and as successful as the Byuns, it's either they befriend him for business or his dad asks for them to befriend Baekhyun for his business.

 

He was tired of it, so when he turned sixteen he asked his parents to stop whatever shinnanigans they started with him. Instead, he agreed on going to Jeju after he graduates to manage their baby company there.

 

Anyways, he never had real friends before, except for Seulgi but she's exempted since she works for his parents, but they grew close to each other as the time pass when they assigned Seulgi with Baekhyun. She's fun to be with and she treats him like they're just friends and that's what Baekhyun looks for, she also became one of the most important people in his life.

 

His teenage years are full of tears and heartbreaking talks with his parents. In his last year of high school, there are special and mini graduation for the home schooled students, and so he went with one of his parents' bodyguards. He already reminded his parents that he'll graduate as the top two of his batch, his parents were just full of empty promises.

 

His mentor was the one to put on the medals on his neck and he was the one who gave Baekhyun his certificate of completion instead of his parents. He was the only one who's alone there, so he went home early to forget about the supposed-to-be the best day of his teenage life. The rest of the day and night, in his locked room, he cried under the covers and congrats himself by crying to sleep.

 

He slowly comes back to his senses when he heard the masseur calls his name, he slightly groans, sitting up and she quickly helps him put on the bathrobe, "Thank you," he says softly, smiling lazilly at her, "How'd you know my name though?"

 

"How do you think?" A deep voice rings through the quiet room and Baekhyun looks at the person, rolling his eyes immediately, "You were in a deep sleep," his face breaks to a fond smile, which Baekhyun returns. The masseur excused herself after telling them that they could rest in the public resting area for them to sleep since it's getting a bit late, "You enjoyed it?"

 

Baekhyun jumps out of the bed and ties the robe around his waist securely and tightly, "Did you watch me the whole time?" he teases Chanyeol before walking out of the room with him.

 

"I just finished a few minutes before you, so I decided to ask for her to wake you up, since you're not their only costumer," he crosses his arms over his chest, leading Baekhyun towards the changing area, "You can choose your size there, and if you're uncomfortable, you can change first." Atleast, he's being a bit good to Baekhyun today.

 

Once they both changed to the clothes provided for the people staying there, they places their mats at the corner of the room, luckily there are only a few people in the huge room, so Baekhyun slide his a feet away from Chanyeol. The tall one sits down on the mat, placing the small pillow on the side, glancing at Baekhyun, smiling a bit when the small one shifts and rolls around the hard and uncomfortable mat. "Baekhyun," he calls him softly, sliding the pillow across the floor, Baekhyun catches it and puts it over his other pillow.

 

"What about you?" He lays on his side to just look at Chanyeol by the corner, "I don't want you to be uncomfortable too," his soft voice rings through his ear, making him close his eyes, again, trying not to smile stupidly at the ceiling.

 

"Don't worry about me, I'm okay," he tucks his arm under his head and brings up his thumb to show to Baekhyun that he's definitely okay with the hard and cold floor as his pillow.

 

Chanyeol kept his eyes closed but he feels someone laying beside him, too close to him, so he slightly opens his eyes and sees Baekhyun fixing his mat, so he didn't see Chanyeol still awake. He kneels down beside him, gently removing the concious Chanyeol's arm from his head, replacing it with the pillows. Chanyeol's lips twitches a bit but he breathes in, trying not to get caught, making Baekhyun stop his movements, but continues it, and much to his surprise, Baekhyun gently spreads Chanyeol's other arm to the side, feeling soft hair on his forearm, then Baekhyun's head weight on his arm.

 

His bites his bottom lip, trying so hard not to smile widely, but after awhile, he decided to lay on his side, seeing Baekhyun's face flush a light pink. He's still awake but he didn't care, his feelings are going ahead of him, their faces are dangerously close to each other, they could feel their breathes against their skins. He scans Baekhyun's angelic face, smiling at the small flaws he sees, still thinking it's cute, he also noticed how long his lashes are, how prettily shaped his nose is, how perfect his eyebrows are, then his eyes landed on his lips. Chanyeol smiles once more, noticing his thin yet pink lips he has. He's beautiful, just perfect for Chanyeol.

 

He puts his other hand in between them, gently placing his larger and rough ones on top of Baekhyun's delicate ones. He cups his hands in his, caressing his knuckles with his thumb, and he felt Baekhyun's hand twitches, but his thumb caught Chanyeol's, wrapping his finger around the latter's gently, making Chanyeol smile, looking back at Baekhyun's face.

 

He never knew home could be a person too.

 

Day fourteen

 

None of them spoke about it after that, but they weren't awkward with each other. Around lunch time, Chanyeol went back with his co-workers cooing and saying someone brought a gift for him, and of course, the two, Sehun and Jongin, joined in on teasing him.

 

It was from Baekhyun, it was a black box, a bright pink sticky note on top of it, which says; 'Chanyor-aaaah, i forgot to tell you how much i liked those mochis. do they really look like me? >,< anyway, here's a snack that i like! share it with sehun and jongin!! ^-^' and Chanyeol's smile wouldn't get off from his face even if someone punches him, he'd still keep that smile.

 

He gave him those fancy looking macaroons, all with different colors, and just like what Baekhyun said, he shared it with the two, but he didn't tell them who it was from. The two respecting Chanyeol's gift, they only ate two and let Chanyeol finish the rest. He wanted to share it with Baekhyun.

 

Then his phone vibrates from his table, he groans a bit, glaring at his phone, for interrupting his precious moment with the delicious, but he grabs it nevertheless.

 

From: ByunBaek Horizon

 

yeol~~ if you're not busy, let's meet by the beach! i'm sure you know where it is! ive got good news. ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ <---- hint.   -baekhyun

 

He slightly coughs out bits of the macaroon, quickly covering his mouth with his hand. He gathers himself and decides to reply.

 

To: ByunBaek Horizon

 

baekhyun-ah, let's meet after my shift :) are u there already?

 

From: ByunBaek Horizon

 

im here already, but i can wait! im with seulgi and she needs to go home early :( if youre busy it's ok if you dont come! we can hang out next week

 

Before Chanyeol could even reply.

 

-oh! tell me now if you cant go, i'll drop this ---> ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ off there :)

 

To: ByunBaek Horizon

 

i can! i just need to finish work, wait for me okay? and it's still a bit chilly out. you wearing warm clothes? and DID YOU BRING HOT PACKS?

 

From: ByunBaek Horizon

 

i gave it to you, dimwit >.< but it's not that cold! but wear warm clothes too. or not- if u live hardcore then dont wear warm clothes.

 

"You really told him that mochis look like him?" Sehun lets out a chuckle, quickly bringing his hand up to cover his mouth, "That's... so lame of you, hyung."

 

The two decided to walk with Chanyeol since they knew that he'll have another date with Baekhyun. To talk about his uality, his friends know it by now, he barely responds to girls or even guys- to anyone, they thought he was aual but he's just numb. Yes, he knows how people think about him, but he's not just interested.

 

Yes, he ed around a little with guys and girls, but not all the time, and he doesn't let anyone know about it, except when they're seen though. He's too busy to do that, he's just busy with work and he likes taking care of himself rather than someone else.

 

"We'll walk you til here, hyung," Jongin pats his shoulder and says his goodbye to Chanyeol, and Sehun did as well, walking with Jongin on the other side, "-Ah! Chanyeollie-hyung! Say hi to Baekhyun for us!" and with that they turn their backs to Chanyeol and walks to the path that leads to their places.

 

Chanyeol sniffs a bit, stuffing his nose onto Baekhyun's ugly scarf(he thinks his bright pink scarf is ugly but Baekhyun's scarf is uglier), he walks on the soft sand, looking around and smiling at some kids who are playing tag, smiling at the elderlies too. He's popular for being a good officer, and a charming one, especially to the grandpa's and grandma's. "It's been a while since you came here, Chanyeol-ah," a raspy yet sweet voice greets him, Chanyeol turns to the side where he heard the voice from and smiles at the old lady, she usually gives him free dumplings when Chanyeol hangs out with his friends by the beach.

 

He nods with his nose scrunched up, "I wanted to see the sunset," he crouches down a bit to help her carrying the plastic bag full of containers for her home-made dumplings, "You're still selling a lot," he chuckles when the grandmother playfully shrugs it off, then she hands him the last dumplings from the steamer(which Chanyeol refuses), she insisted saying she wants to go home earlier.

 

With a box of macaroons in his hand, freshly cooked dumplings in the other, he walks towards the person, who's facing his back at him, sitting on the mat that's on the sand, looking at the sea and he could tell he's smiling with his eyes closed. Chanyeol crouches down from behind, leaning forward to his ear, "Alone?" he says loud enough for Baekhyun to jump and hit the side of his head without thinking.

 

Baekhyun gasps and quickly turns around to look at Chanyeol, who had dropped the food already, luckily, still sealed, "Don't do that! Stupid," he wraps his fingers around Chanyeol's wrist, that's pressed against his temple, "I'm sorry," he lets out a small laugh, which turned to a loud and uncontrollable one when the victim of the physical assault, laughed with him.

 

He sits down beside Baekhyun, the food in between them, "Don't you like those?" the small one points at the macaroons, then looks at Chanyeol, "They're my favorite, though."

 

"I didn't say that," he simply states, biting on the edge of the chopsticks, pulling them apart before handing it to Baekhyun, "Have you tried these?" he opens the container of the dumplings and shows it to the younger one, excitedly smiling at him.

 

He shakes his head and takes the dumplings from him, eating one and much to his expectations, he likes it. Whatever Chanyeol offers to him, he'll always ends up liking it.

 

They were both staring at  the calm sea, with their tummy filled and issues remained unsolved(the jjimjilbang case), Baekhyun already gave Chanyeol the small teddy bear he got from the claw machine, he was originally going to have the big eevee one but the teddy bear's chain hung onto eevee's tail, that's why he got it and decided to give it to Chanyeol, which Seulgi suggested.

 

The cold breeze made them both shiver simultaneously, laughing when they noticed. Baekhyun looks extra small under all those thick clothes, he's wearing a red sweater over a grey jacket, and Chanyeol's scarf loosely around his neck. Chanyeol was still in his work clothes but he covered his top with his thick furry coat, he brings the hood up to his head, and suddenly, Baekhyun grabbed both the sides of his hoodie and pulls him down.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen more, as he felt the small one's hand snake to the back of his head, feeling a warm sensation down to his back. Literally warm. He tilts his head back quickly and groans a bit but lets out a laugh, "Oh my god, you fu-" he was stopped by Baekhyun placing a finger over his lips. Apparently, he had put the used hot pack on to Chanyeol's  back to tease  him.

 

"Let's enjoy the sunset," he points at the sun, that's slowly going down, he tries hard not to smile, to respect Chanyeol's emotion, but miserably fails, both of them laughing at each other's reactions. The tall one couldn't reach for the warm pack that has already fallen on his lower back, so he decided to keep it until it felt comfortable on his skin.

 

DAY FIFTEEN WITH BAEKHYUN

 

Chanyeol wanted to come with Baekhyun to his enhancement classes, practically asking him nicely if he can come back on working with him, but at the end, the smaller one won. Baekhyun also had already mentioned it to him about the classes and Chanyeol asked why he needs it, and apparently it's really for their business.

 

Baekhyun's father called him for the first time 2 weeks ago, he still thinks they're working with Baekhyun so he just continued on lying even though it made him feel bad. The corporate said that he was too busy to call, they were already meeting with everyone in the company for the ceremony for Byun Baekhyun. He asked for Chanyeol to keep it a secret until he says so.

 

And there Chanyeol was, leaning against the front desk, his arms crossed over his chest, making the cloth of his uniform tighten around his back and his forearms, he stares at the floor while everyone else walks in asking for various things from some of his co-workers. Byun Baakhyun owning a company at the age of 21. He envies him, oh how much he hates those kind of people- but he's an exception.

 

He lifts his hand up a bit, spreading his fingers out as he felt Baekhyun's lingering touch. Now that he thinks of it, everything comes back to him. In just a few days with Baekhyun, he felt as if he's the happiest man to ever live on earth, it was a different happiness with him. And Chanyeol likes it- He hates that he likes it.

 

He was snapped out of his thought of the silver spoon when someone rudely press a small yet cutely designed paper bag to his chest, he looks up and sees Jongin, "Noona gave this to me, told me to give it to you on behalf of Baekhyun," he wriggles his eyebrows, placing a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder as he walk pass by, "Hyung, we accept Baekhyunnie to our family, so don't worry."

 

Chanyeol faked threatened to punch him making him shuffle away from the older one. He looks down at the bag, seeing that it's way too adorable for Baekhyun's liking, maybe it was designed by Seulgi. The small bag was clearly just a plain blue one but there were kids' stickers all over the bag, and even on the plastic handles; he, then, proceeds to carefully open the bag from being stapled.

 

Again, he was stopped by the guy at the front desk, making him look up with a slight scowl on his face, "Is that from Santa or something?" the guy lifts his screen up to Chanyeol's face, the screen shows a picture of the head officer with a huge yet fond smile on his face and his fingers on top of the bag.

 

Chanyeol whines a bit, slightly pushing his hand away, "Ah hyung- it's just something," he rolls his eyes at the older one, walking to their small dining area where a few of his other co-workers are. Sehun was there but he was too busy to talk with the group so he sat at the corner, trying not to bother anyone, he turns his focus on the bag again, biting his bottom lip excitedly, looking inside.

 

He sees small packs of one of the best Jeju snacks for tourists, chuckling to himself, lifting one up, "Hallabong chocolates," he reads the text printed on the small pack, placing it back and takes the small sticky note from the bag.

 

yaaaa~ noona and i went out today after my classes. we bought too much of these hollongbos!! so we decided to give it to you, share it with the two ^-^.

(let's buy one later)

(yes, im asking you to come with me- let's meet there)

ENJOOOOY~~ o(≧∇≦o)

 

He didn't even bother to use proper grammar there, it's like he just threw the words to actually make sense. Notice the spelling error.

 

Chanyeol stands up after placing the note and one pack of the small hallabong chocolate into his pocket, giving the paper bag to Sehun's group, and without talking he went back out of the room, getting ready to meet Baekhyun even if it's a few hours away.

 

That guy is slowly sliding up to becoming his top priority and he's not even aware of it.

 

-

 

He wants to congratulate him one he saw Baekhyun waiting with his hands into his pocket of his thin clothed-cardigan, leaned against his car, that Chanyeol used to pick him up from the hotel and fro to wherever he wants. He changed into something comfortable, meaning to one of his too oversized sweaters, "Isn't it too warm for that?" he teases Chanyeol, opening the door for the passenger seat, "Come in, come in, I'm driving!" He didn't even get the chance to speak when he was forcefully pushed in by Baekhyun.

 

"You look tired," he sits on his side to keep his eyes at Baekhyun, who drives comfortably even though he's aware of Chanyeol's stare at him. He brings his hand up, caressing his own face softly, a pout, now playing on his lips.

 

"Do I?" he lets out an audible hum, shrugging his shoulders and lets it drop, "Do I look older than you then?" but he laughs after, turning right carefully. Chanyeol watches  him fondly, his tongue playing with his bottom lip mindlessly, "Hm- it's my turn to show you something tonight, yeol- oh and, I'm going to have classes again tomorrow until the weekends." Chaneyol places his elbow on the armrest for the driver's seat, resting his chin on his palm as he listens to Baekhyun.

 

"Don't tire yourself, okay?" his voice laces with concern, once again, his action goes ahead without thinking, he reaches to Baekhyun's face, flicking with his hair covering his forehead, smiling at how perfectly black it was. He places his other hand back on his lap, speaking up once more, without even taking his eyes off his face, "I think you'd do great, Baekhyun-ah."

 

Baekhyun's smile widens, turning his head to look at Chanyeol, "Thank you," he smiles at the man, who keeps the slightly intimidating gaze at him, but he shakes it offs, "We're here."

 

A bowling alley. He brought him to a bowling alley. Chanyeol likes bowling during his day offs but it was just for a few times, he got the hang of it already though, it almost became his habit but he was too busy with his work. Baekhyun dragged him inside by his arm, he liked how he kept his slightly tight grip around Chanyeol's wrist, not letting go of it until they reached their respective lane. "Do you even know how to play?" the tall one speaks up, watching Baekhyun pick all sorts of bowling balls colors for them.

 

He slightly stomps his feet on the ground, testing the shoes whether it perfectly fits or not, the smaller one sets up their names on the screen, naming it as; PCY and BBH. "Baekhyun," he stands up, once the latter sits down, removing his expensive shoes, Chanyeol takes the uncomfortable bowling shoes, he gently grabs Baekhyun's foot but he intentially made it stiff, "Ya, we can't start if you-"

 

"I can do it, Chanyeol-ah," he says softly, leaning down and replacing his hand with his own, so Chanyeol stood up and went back to his sit, waiting for Baekhyun to finish and start the match. He knew he was being too touchy with Baekhyun today, he must know his limits from now on.

 

Even if there's only the two of them, they're still having fun, Baekhyun had ordered many food for them knowing they'll end up doing endless rematches. They won't let go of each other.

 

As expected, Chanyeol was leading with 40 points, a huge yet easy to catch score, but for Baekhyun, it was like the hardest thing in the world. He would be tie with him though but Chanyeol always keep his score ahead, he would intentionally throw the ball into the gutter for Baekhyun, saying he hurt his thumb or he swung the ball wrong but the innocent silver spoon still thought those were true, trying to convince himself that he's better than the older one.

 

So he lowered down his pride and asked for Chanyeol's help, the tall one stood in front of him, showing him how to properly run towards the start of the lane and to throw it once he pinpoints the middle pin. "That's too heavy for you," Baekhyun couldn't help but smile shyly when he hears that deep laugh he secretly likes and misses to hear, he came back with a light pink ball, a light one for Baekhyun, he replaces it and Chanyeol shows how once again by using the ball he picked awhile ago.

 

"I can use that too; It'll be better since it's heavy," he points at the dirty green bowling ball, clearly heavier than the one he'll be using now, Chanyeol shakes his head, saying he'll hurt his arm if he continues to be stubborn.

 

Baekhyun stood at the middle that separates the carpeted and the waxed floor, he feels Chanyeol standing behind him, making him more nervous, but nevertheless he still brings the ball up to the level of his face, trying to focus on the pins, instead of the man's hot breath and continuous advices for him. He regains himself, focusing on the pins and swings his arm out with the ball, slightly running towards the lane and throws the ball, perfectly in the middle. He felt a pain on his arm but it all got away when he sees all the pins getting hit, the both of them cheered happily, Chanyeol, who kept on eating the nachos, stood up with his arms up and a wide smile on his face. He was happier than him, genuine happiness was written all over Chanyeol's face.

 

And there he is; getting himself deeper into the mess he didn't want to make.

 

-

 

"And it's hallangbos by the way," he says, laughing as he remembers how Baekhyun neatly wrote it, proudly thinking it was right.

 

Baekhyun laughs on the other line, "How would I know?" he shuffles in his bed, covering himself up more with the thick blankets, "By the way, Chanyeol," he rests his chin on the eevee stuffed toy he had won from the claw machine. Chanyeol hums when he calls him, with his eyebrows raised, humming softly to make Baekhyun continue.

 

"Thank you for tonight," and the tone of his voice was enough to form a whole zoo in Chanyeol's stomach, he flips to his back with a pillow around his arm and pressed on his chest, a wide smile appearing on his face while biting his bottom lip.

 

Chanyeol closes his eyes, which were smiling as well, "I should be the one to thank you for tonight, you paid for everything," he lifts the small key chain with a bear hanging on it, opening his eyes to look at it.

 

"But I was so happy-" Baekhyun, then, flips on his front once more, burying his face into his pillow a bit, trying to maintain his  manly tone, "-thank you for everything, Yeol-ah, I enjoyed it all, the food tents, the bathhouse, the beach, and this one." So he still remembers that. Chanyeol sits up quickly, with his legs sprawled in front of him, another smile breaks out on his face when he hears a happy sigh from Baekhyun, "-even the hot packs that we shared."

 

"More adventures and more hot packs to come-" and this time he wants to say, without surprising himself, "-only with you, Byun Baekhyun," his tone was serious, taking the both of them into silence.

 

"Call. Only with you then, Park Chanyeol," and that's what surprised him the most.

 

DAY SIXTEEN

 

Just like what Baekhyun had mentioned, he'll seriously be busy starting today. His parents added a lot more than enhancement training school or whatever they call it, speech classes were added to the list, continuous visits at the tailor so that they'll know the exact sizes of suits for the Byuns' son.

 

On the other hand, Chanyeol kept his phone near his face as he kept his head down, resting on the table, waiting and waiting for Baekhyun to message him.

 

To: ByunBaek Horizon

 

hyun-ah~~~ don't tire yourself, okay? here's your favorite bear cheering for you: ʕ·ᴥ· ʔ ʕ/ ·ᴥ·ʔ/ baekhyun hwaiting~~

 

His message flash on the screen, it's like he already memorized everything in the message bubble even the time and date on top of it.

 

And late at night, when Chanyeol was about to sleep, his phone vibrated. Seeing it's from the person he's been waiting for since he woke up, his lips curls up to a smile, tapping on his name.

 

From: ByunBaek Horizon

 

chanyeol~~

 

And then another bubble:

 

hiii~~

 

goodnight, yeol-ah~~ ( ˘ ³˘(◡‿◡˶)

 

Chanyeol had his stupidly huge smile plastered on his face, typing in quickly:

 

To: ByunBaek Horizon

 

i'll see you soon

 

DAY SEVENTEEN WITH BAEKHYUN

 

Chanyeol woke up earlier than he usually plans. It was four A.M. and he barely got some sleep, but here he is walking into the hotel, he's now used to going, with coffees in his hands and croissants, in his other hand. It wasn't that cold today and he doesn't know if Baekhyun likes coffees early in the morning but he hopes- he really hopes he will still drink it, since he paid a huge amount for it. He doesn't want it to go to waste which means inside Sehun and Jongin's stomach.

 

He turns right in a quick pace, making him stumble a bit when he almost collided with a small figure, "I'm sorry," Chanyeol whispers but still too loud for the quiet corridor.

 

"Chanyeol?" a small voice that Chanyeol's familiar with comes out from the girl with slightly curly hair and in her pink pajamas and the hotel's robe around her, it's Seulgi.

 

"Seulgi?" he squints his eyes a bit as he leans down, looking at her, while she covers with her hands, "You woke up early," he continues to keep his voice down so that some won't be bothered by them.

 

She nods while humming, obviously scanning Chanyeol's body, he's covered in all black today, he decided to wear one of his too oversized jacket again, paired with black pants and his favorite black boots. She noticed the two coffees and the paper bag from a coffee shop, making her chuckle, "Baekhyun's asleep though, he has to be awake in 2 hours," she slightly warns him, knowing the giant pup might get too excited seeing his lil pup, waking him up.

 

"Can I just leave it there then?" with that Seulgi nods and excused herself, saying she has to do something with the phone from her room, so Chanyeol walks towards the room where Baekhyun is, biting his bottom lip and holds the bag in his other hand, knocking on the door gently. He didn't want to wake him up early and exhaust him for the day, but he'll be totally selfish today, what if it's his last time hanging out with him?

 

He knocks once more, clearing his throat before speaking up, "Baekhyun-ah," his voice was a bit loud but he didn't mind. When he received nothing but silence, he sighs and places the coffee down carefully to the side. He crouches down and fixes the paper bag on the side as well, he searches for a pen in his pocket when he heard and sees the door swing open.

 

He sees feet in front of him, covered with the fluffy hotel slippers and half covered by the obviously too long striped pajamas, "Chanyeol?" a sleepy and groggily tone comes out from the little one. Chanyeol quickly looks up and grabs the coffees and the bag again as he stands up.

 

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry, I bou-"

 

"Come in," he tugs on the tall one's sleeve, practically pulling him inside with no force. The tall one can't help but smile at the sleepy puppy in front of him, his hair all over the place and he notes how Baekhyun makes small and tired steps. He closes the door with his feet because Baekhyun still has his grip on Chanyeol's sleeve. He, then, let go as he plops back down on the bed, instantly wrapping his arms around the pillow.

 

Chanyeol felt another tug on his heart, watching the little one snuggling into the covers, he breathes out to shake the feeling off, he places the food on the table and keeps his smile at Baekhyun, "I bought you coffee and bread."

 

Baekhyun lets out a groan, slightly kicking his feet, that's dangling off the bed, "You're too loud early in the morning, Chanyeol," he keeps his face scrunched up but he softens up, wanting to go back to sleep. Chanyeol just watches him though, unaware that he's getting deeper and deeper into something he shouldn't have came in at the first place.

 

"I'll go then," he says, but not moving an inch, clearly waiting for a response from Baekhyun, who seems fast asleep, when Chanyeol lean down to see if he's asleep or not, he slightly shakes his head, reaching out his hand for Chanyeol's, "Let's drink the coffee," Baekhyun sleepily mumbles out. Chanyeol holds Baekhyun's hand and once again his thoughts are going back to when they were at the bathhouse. Before he could even think about it any farther, a slight grip was felt around his hand, Baekhyun's now sitting up, sleepily looking at Chanyeol's tummy in front of him. He continue to keep the fond smile at him, squeezing his small and delicate hand in his large one, earning him a sleepy yet a million worth smile from his little one.

 

It was already five A.M. when the both of them started to drink their coffees and eat the croissant Chanyeol bought. Apparently, Baekhyun doesn't drink coffee in the morning, only ones in awhile, he said he eats breakfast as soon as he wakes up making Chanyeol apologize for many times, saying he should've bought something with rice.

 

Baekhyun kept his eyes at the bigger one across from him, who's happily eating the last piece of the tuna filled croissant, he brings his feet up on the chair, smiling at Chanyeol, "I thought you bought that for the both of us," he tries to hide his smile by scrunching his nose up, but he's just too bad at it.

 

Chanyeol smiles a bit, his cheek filled with the surprisingly tasty bread, sliding the half to Baekhyun, "You should go back to sleep, Baek," he softly say, looking at the sleepy child across from him. He feels another tug when he notices that he's slightly playing with the board around the cup, he's slightly drooping but catches himself and shaking his head a bit to wake himself up. Maybe it wasn't just a tug, he was pulled into the deepest pit he never knew he'll reach without giving up.

 

"I'm sleepy," the voice he's slowly getting addicted to awoke him from the trance, he, himself, made, "-but I want to keep you more," he says before letting out a quiet chuckle, making the surprised Chanyeol move his eyes to his lips.

 

No... This is bad. "I-I need to go now, Hyun-ah," he says, gulping down the urge to say the same thing Baekhyun had told him; I want to keep you. Without wasting a moment, Chanyeol stands up and walks out of the room, hearing Baekhyun's protests and lastly, a defeat sigh once he closes the hotel room door.

 

There's another tug, but this one hurts; unlike the other ones. He brings his hood up, rubbing his face with his hand frustratingly, walking to the elevator, with his shoulders slumped and his head hang low. It might be their last time seeing each other.

 

DAY TWENTY

 

It's been three days since he saw Baekhyun. The little one would leave Chanyeol some messages in the morning or in the late evening.

 

Those texts were like:

 

chanyeoooool~

 

you never told me if you liked those hallangbos -,-

 

let's go bowling again !!

 

paaaark, where are you?

 

And that was the last message he received, which was a day ago, at three in the morning.

 

No, he's not being confusing, Chanyeol can't fall in love with Baekhyun. He can't like someone like him, it might be the best thing that happened to him but the one who'll experience difficulty is Baekhyun and not the 24-year old.

 

 -

 

Baekhyun looks at the screen of his phone, chewing on his bottom lip, waiting and waiting for a certain someone to reply. When he felt his phone vibrate from his hand, he quickly unlocks his phone, almost dropping it and sighs loudly, seeing it's just from his dad.

 

From: Dad.

 

How are the classes?

 

He rolls his eyes, replying back a short response which was 'good' and puts his phone back in Seulgi's bag, deciding to tell his mentor to continue with their speech class.

 

He barely got some sleep when Chanyeol visited him at four A.M. to drink coffees and eat croissants. He was thinking about how the bigger one walked out while they were having the best five A.M. talks in their lives, he learnt so much things from Chanyeol again, he learnt that he has a dog back in Seoul, he likes all sorts of instruments, and sports, they actually agreed on going skiing when Chanyeol's free, he suggested to go on a trip to Hokkaido, and of course Baekhyun agreed without second thoughts.

 

Baekhyun will always go home at two in the morning because of the trips from his classes, his classes are all on each ends of the island, and all he could ride was their company's car. He's exhausted, drained actually, but he never forget to leave messages to Chanyeol, he admits that he's attached to him, he's not dumb to not think about their intimate touches on each other's hands, the time in the bathhouse, the stares that Chanyeol gives him, the exchange of fond smiles. He knows that they're both too-attached to each other, and they both know that it's a bad thing.

 

When Chanyeol held Baekhyun's hands for the first time, the smaller one wanted to hug him close and ask for a cuddle, when he felt his breath near his face, hearing the steady pace of his breathing, he wanted to place his head on his chest, wanting to hear more than that. When he playfully flicked his hair, all he wanted was to hold his hand close, liking the fact that his hands are larger than his. When Baekhyun pulled at Chanyeol's hood to pull him close, he wanted to kiss him but he acted like he just wanted to slide a hot pack onto his back so that it won't show how much he wants to feel those soft-looking lips on his.

 

Baekhyun knows everything, he feels everything. Now, when he's finally letting himself accept the fact that he has feelings for the officer, that's when Chanyeol decided to give up on him.

 

It's not hard to like Chanyeol, he's sure that he's not the first one to like him. As soon as he landed his eyes on the charming officer, he knew he was something special.

 

DAY TWENTY-ONE

 

The young officer received a text from Baekhyun saying he'll come over if he's not busy. He ignored it, as usual, hoping he'll get the hint. They just got back from another crime, it was a small one but Chanyeol was needed there, apparently it's in  a convenient store owned by a man, who's close to him.

 

He has a USB, that contains the videos from the CCTVs, and papers in his other, which contains words and statements from the witnesses. It's too early for this, so Chanyeol has a scowl on his face, even the two are scared to joke around with him. He steps in to the station, some in the lower rank greeting him good morning and so is Jongin, "Oh," the younger one speaks up, stopping in his tracks, Chanyeol does the same, looking back at Jongin, "It's Baekhyun," he smiles widely, quickly walking to where Baekhyun is.

 

Chanyeol didn't follow where Jongin is heading, instead he walks to the other side with his head hang low. He doesn't want to see Baekhyun now, he's too stressed out with work and his personal feelings, so it's not good to talk to him right now. Chanyeol sits behind the front desk beside his co-worker, inserting the USB into the computer, he's not one to do this but he needs to pretend that he's busy.

 

Baekhyun really is stubborn, receiving nothing from Chanyeol means he's busy but he still came with, once again, snacks. "He seems busy though," Baekhyun says to Jongin, but his eyes were at Chanyeol behind the front desk, with his eyes darted on the screen, "I'll just leave these to you, Jongin," he looks through the small paper bag and takes the note, that was supposedly for Chanyeol.

 

"You always give us food," the older one smiles at him, exclaiming a bit once he sees the snacks inside the bag, "And you give us a lot."

 

"It's my way for thanking you three," he continues to glance at Chanyeol, who's now writing something on the paper, talking to his co-worker beside him. He looks back at Jongin, smiling at him, "Where's Sehunnie? I should see him before I go."

 

Jongin scrunches his nose up a bit, leaning down to Baekhyun's ear, "He's busy- really busy," he, then, straights up, pointing at the door across from them, "He's working on something and he doesn't want anyone else to know, so shh," he places a finger over his own lips, earning a nod from Baekhyun.

 

The two said their farewells to each other before he leaves again, facing the reality his parents gave him.

 

DAY TWENTY-TWO

 

i miss you, chanyeol, when you're not busy let's hang out

14:54AM

 

Yes, it definitely concerns him that Baekhyun's still awake at 3AM, but keeping his pride up, he didn't reply, leaving him on seen. He misses him too, but it's not right, they can't be this attached to each other, he can't fall even harder for him.

 

Yesterday, when he saw Baekhyun in his maroon turtle neck, and a light brown cardigan hugging his body perfectly, paired with slightly tight black trousers around his long legs dropping up to his ankles and a pair of shiny black leather shoes, that made him look Seoul, a feeling from his chest immediately arises, a feeling of longing. While he was staring at the screen, he was secretly watching him through his peripheral vision, seeing how Baekhyun smiles with his nose scrunched up, talking to Jongin with his eyes sparkling, his fingers mindlessly playing with the handle of the paper bag. He knows too well that he misses him.

 

He ends up ignoring the person who was able to make him feel everything in just a short span of time.

 

DAY TWENTY-THREE

 

From: ByunBaek Horizon

 

i forgot to ask~

 

did you like the gimbap? they told me it's only made here in jeju! -,- i hope it's true tho.

 

did jongin and sehun gave you some of those? if they did then i hope you enjoyed it~~

 

It's the last texts he received from Baekhyun. Literally, the last ones.

 

_______________

 

The days passed by without Chanyeol noticing that it's almost the end of the month, usually there are fireworks to celebrate another fresh and new month for the people in Jeju, so the police department gets ready for that, knowing many criminals are still there to steal or do something stupidly inhumane.

 

He wanted to watch the fireworks with Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun.

 

He successfully ignored everything about him, Jongin is now in charge with talking to Mr. Byun, giving him updates with Baekhyun, until now they still didn't tell him about Baekhyun, technically, firing them.

 

The two had teased Chanyeol about breaking up with Baekhyun, but they realized that their hyung wasn't in to jokes like that, so they keep on asking him why he's avoiding him, and he answered; "he's the one who's doing that."

 

The night came quickly, it was time for the three to watch them prepare for the celebration in a few days, they're always there to watch them test the fireworks, and sometimes help them out on preparing the lanterns. The seaside was always pretty in Chanyeol's eyes, it always made his breath hitch from his throat, letting the cold and gentle breeze gently hit their faces and their hair out of their faces.

 

Now, the seaside had reminded him of Baekhyun too. The day when he called him to ask to hang out by the shore to watch the sun setting, when they ate dumplings and macaroons, and when the little one pulled him down too close to his face, thinking he'd finally kiss him. That day will always be reminded to Chanyeol now, and now he'll always look at the sea lovingly, just like how he looked at Baekhyun that day. The thought of him made the sea look much more beautiful and peaceful.

 

"I never understand how Jeju cold is at night,"  a voice appears from his side, he turns his head and seeing Sehun, shrugging at what he said, "I'm not gonna lie, but I miss Seoul," then he nods quietly, looking back at the peaceful sea in front of them. Jeju is way different than Seoul, but both are beautiful in their own ways.

 

"Me too," he tucks his hands in the pockets of his coat, letting out a huge breath, "I wish to come back soon, though," then he grips the hot pack from his jacket, a smile creeping to his lips, making him look down. Even hot packs reminds him of Baekhyun.

 

He knew how Baekhyun took care of him when he suddenly fell asleep at the hallway of the hotel, he was half-aware of what was happening to him and he sure knows that Baekhyun held his head so that he won't fall. He also felt his stare as he sleeps soundly on the carpeted floor, trying not to break out in to smile, wanting to hold him close to his chest and just shower his cute little face with kisses. Those hot packs with panda designs he left for Chanyeol and those words that he said before going back in his room, were one of the many reasons why he got himself deeper in to the mess that came to the peaceful Jeju.

 

Sehun shakes his head, looking at Chanyeol, who's staring out at the sea with a smile on his face, he pats his shoulder, startling him a bit but the older one looks at him, "You're scaring me, hyung," he clicks his tongue, nudging his side.

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, then a light blue lantern came to his view, it was flying already with something written on it, then the next one is light pink one. Chanyeol furrow his eyebrows, "Why are they letting go of their lanterns already?" he, then, looks down to where it came from, he sees Baekhyun with a huge smile on his face as he looks at Seulgi, who's laughing as well.

 

He feels that warm feeling again for a long time without Baekhyun when he hear him laugh out loud with some of the people of Jeju surrounding them. "Baekhyun-ah!" Sehun shouts, Chanyeol's eyes widen as he looks at Sehun, quickly pulling the hood of his fury jacket up, looking back at the sea quickly. You miss him, right? Why don't you want him to see you?

 

"Sehun-ah!" Baekhyun shouts from below, the taller one quickly but carefully walks down the big rocks, excitedly greeting the two and others around them, "What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asks after he pulls away from the warm hug Sehun had offered them.

 

He furrows his eyebrows, pointing around, "We always watch them prepare for these," then he adds, "Why did you let go of your wishes so early?" he pouts his bottom lip out a bit, making Seulgi coo at him, Baekhyun had always think of Sehun as younger than him but in reality, he's a year older, they had dropped the formalities way back though.

 

Seulgi was talking to Sehun about their schedule but Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows together, looking at the taller man, "We?" he emphasizes, looking around to see the person he misses so much.

 

"Chanye-," he stops fanning his hand in front of his lips, "Jongin's here," Sehun darts his eyes at Baekhyun's reaction, knowing he heard the first name right, noticing how his expression change in to something he can't really name. Baekhyun excuses himself as he walks passed Sehun, who lets him be, but the young one hears him sigh.

 

The little one had his eyes fixed on the large frame sitting on the edge of the stone that separates the sea and the mountains, it wasn't that far but he had to walk carefully so that he won't trip. Baekhyun lets out grunts as he make big leaps just to reach the next level of the rocks, it was tiring but he's quite excited to finally see his giant pup.

 

When he finally reached the top, he dusts off his pant, walking towards the person, who keeps looking at the sea, not glancing at him once, "Chanyeol-ah," he sings, but when he was about to place a  hand on his  shoulder, Chanyeol stands up, turning around and Baekhyun caught a glimpse of the face he misses looking at, before he walks pass him, their shoulders slightly bumping. He didn't know what to feel, so he balls his hands to fist and turns around to watch Chanyeol walk away, he opens his mouth to speak up or call for him but he shakes his head, sitting back down on the ledge, deeply glaring at the innocent and peaceful sea.

 

 

___________

 

 

 

Chanyeol woke up a few hours later, realizing he's still in the clothes he wore with Sehun when they went out. He glances at his phone and sees that it's 3 in the morning, exactly 5 hours from when he went out by the seaside with Sehun, he sleepily scrolls down, seeing at least 10 missed calls from Sehun and 3 from Seulgi, there were also messages but he didn't bother to open it.

 

He sits up, stretching his arms out and his phone rings loudly throughout his room, making him groan, taking his phone and slides to answer the call, he presses the phone against his ear, "Wha-" he's rudely cut off by Sehun.

 

"Hyung! It's Baekhyun! He's gone, he ran away!" with Sehun's startled voice with heavy breaths, it's enough for Chanyeol to stand up and rush back to where the three were before he left.

 

As he runs out of his apartment, he quickly looks around, startling some of the bystanders by his harsh turns, Chanyeol kept on calling Baekhyun, hoping and hoping he would answer his goddamn call, but no luck. He widen his eyes, remembering the claw machine  he liked playing with,  and so he runs to the direction of the convenient store with the claw machine outside.

 

The coldness of the night made it hard for Chanyeol to breathe but none matters knowing Baekhyun is missing. Usually, the officers will declare the person missing if it has been 24  hours that they're gone, but in this case, Baekhyun ran away, and Chanyeol knew how much he wants to explore Jeju. But the world isn't as kind as Baekhyun thinks.

 

He reached the store, seeing that they're actually closed. He lets out a loud sigh, taking his phone out and dials Seulgi's number, he presses it against his ear, closing his eyes, "Updates?" he leans against the cold wall, sniffing a bit.

 

"We're going to tell his dad abo-"

 

"NO!-" he quickly stands up, his voice booming through the empty cold street, "You can't do that, noona and you know it." His voice was threatening her but he still continues, "Leave it to me, please, jus-"

 

"Chanyeol! He's been gone for 5 hours, and wears nothing but his cardigan, do you think I would stay still knowing that a rich 21 year old kid is lost out there-"

 

Chanyeol frustratingly tugs at his hair, "Just try looking for-"

 

"No. I'm sorry, Chanyeol but it's Baekhyun we're talking about here, he's not just my boss, he's like my brother, and if anything happens to him, I won't forgive myself. I'll tell Mr. Byun about this, instead of running around ending up to nothing." Then she hangs up, leaving him speechless.

 

Her voice was shaky, knowing she's been out in the cold, looking around. He, then, contacts Sehun again, "Let noona rest, convince her, okay? Ask Jongin to come with us, let's find him," he says, trying to calm himself down, slightly sprinting to the other direction.

 

Maybe he just went to the... bathhouse. Bathhouse! Chanyeol's feet quickly paddles through the slightly slippery concrete, his vision's blurry but he shakes it off, continuing to run as fast as he can to where the bathhouse is. If he could've just talked to Baekhyun awhile ago then they should have been in each other's arms now, in his room, warming each other up and not this. They never know that Baekhyun might be really cold, alone in an alley... or maybe the worse.

 

He breathes out heavily as he continues to run through the cold streets, quickly turning to where the bathhouse is, not caring if he ever slipped because it's his ing fault, that's why Baekhyun's missing, it's because of his huge ego. He barge into entrance, the workers were startled with Chanyeol's hands harshly dropping on the surface of the table, "Sir-"

 

"Have you seen a guy, this tall-" He lifts his hand up to his cheek and breathes out to catch his breath, "With black hair and-" he stops when he notices the lady, who looks confused with her eyebrows furrowed together, "He was with me the last time we were here," Chanyeol grips the table tightly, annoyed at the fact that they weren't even helping him a bit. So the man just directly ran towards the resting area, frantically looking around with his bottom lip in between his teeth.

 

The ladies tries to stop him and gently push him out of the public resting area, some of the customers were looking at him but none of them was the face Chanyeol wishes to see. He walks out willingly then quickly runs out of the jjimjilbang. He was tired, so tired that his legs will give out because of the cold but he ignores the incoming numbness on his feet and on his exposed hands. None of that mattered, knowing Baekhyun's in trouble because of him, nothing else mattered in his mind except for the guy who made him feel everything in just a span of one month.

 

His phone vibrates from his hand, he answered it while he continues to run, going back to the place where they shared their simple moment together, where he held the little one's cold feet, seeing him with his cheeks flushed bright pink, when he first offered his ugly scarf to the young boy. He wanted to kiss him that time, he wanted to whisper things to him that only the both of them can know. He looks at the empty and cold-looking space on the bench, letting out another huge sigh, "Hyung!" A voice shouts from his phone, making him press the phone against his ear, "Are you there? Where are you? I'm with Jongin," Sehun's voice is calm and it pisses him off more, but he keeps it to himself.

 

"I'm in front of a convenient store in the alley near our station," he breathes out the coldness out of his mouth, wanting to get rid of it, but it's his fault for wearing nothing but his thin coat. Though, it's not his fault for caring so much about Baekhyun. "Did you take noona home?"

 

Sehun's now breathless too, evident that they're running, "I did, we're almost there, hyung, wait for us and hyung, noona already called Baekhyun's father about this, I don't know what will happen to us-"

 

Chanyeol can't help but groan in frustration, running his fingers through his hair, "I don't care about that right now. What we need is to find Baekhyun and take him home, I don't care if they know about it already, I don't care about my job. Sehun, it's my fault for putting him in danger." His heart suddenly felt heavy with the thought of Baekhyun in danger, he felt his stomach getting heavy as well, his throat tightens, making it hard for him to breathe properly. He wants to vomit but he knows nothing will come out, he wants to cry but only dry sobs will come out of him, he wants to feel pain but because of the coldness, he feels nothing.

 

What if something bad happens to him? What if he was kidnapped? What if someone robbed him? What if he- He shakes his head furiously, wanting to shake off the stupid thoughts. Gladly, the two found him to keep him sane, Jongin looks at the older with pity in his eyes and Chanyeol gazes at them and gives them a nod once, before running to the path where their station is, "Hyung!" The two younger ones followed him though, running as well.

 

"Hyung, we can't just move like this! We don't know where Baekhyun is!" Sehun shouts from behind when Chanyeol finally reached their station with the police car parked on the sidewalk, Chanyeol ignores him as he takes the keys from Jongin and unlocks the car, getting in and the two can't help but follow him, "Hyung-"

 

"Sehun," He breathes out as he starts the, still breathless from all the running he did, "We'll just go to the places, we've went to." He tries hard to think positive, knowing that's all he can do to keep him sane.

 

Jongin sighs audibly, taking Chanyeol's phone and taps on Baekhyun's contact name, wanting to be positive too. Maybe he just went out for a walk.

 

While Sehun, on the other hand, plays with his fingers silently, remembering what happened just awhile ago.

 

-

 

Sehun let out a laugh when one of the people who's fixing the lanterns accidentally rips it open, it wasn't just him who laughed though, Baekhyun, Seulgi and the others too, because apparently it was his first time making it. He looks down at his friend who starts trying to make the bottom of the lantern too, he crouches down as he watches Baekhyun with a slight fond in his eyes, no no it was a kind of fond of friendship. "Don't hurt yourself, silver spoon," he snorts as he tries to help him bend the small stick.

 

Baekhyun huffs and stands up, leaving him alone in doing all the work. Even though, he's kind, the bratty and spoiled part of him still arises sometimes. He watches as the little one looks around and lands his eyes on certain someone, who's on top of the upper level of the park, looking out at the sea. He sees his eyes lights up and his lips twitched a bit to hide a smile, he sees how Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol with so much fond and love in his eyes, he watches how Baekhyun tries to walk up the huge steps and rocks just to go to Chanyeol. With those little things, he knows how much Baekhyun have fallen for his friend.

 

He looks down at his work after watching a love story slowly builds up between silver spoon and the officer. "Sehun-ah, you look younger to be an officer," Seulgi speaks up, to form a conversation between them, she's working on building a lantern too. She looks up to look at Sehun's face, "Like really young."

 

Sehun lips breaks out into a smile and shakes his head as he continues to make the lantern, Baekhyun had started, "I'm a year older than Baekhyun, noona," he nods a bit, humming out softly, "I guess, you can say that I am young," this time, he's the one to look at Seulgi, who's now working on with hers, "What about you though? How is it working with Horizon? Wasn't it scary?" Sehun always asks questions that aren't relevant.

 

But Seulgi hums after receiving the questions, clearly wanting to answer them, "Working with Baekhyun is amazing, he's kind and we're just like a brother and a sister- but-" she lowers her voice into a whisper, scrunching her nose up, "-with Horizon? Not so much," she shakes her head as she pauses once more, and Sehun intently listening to every work, "They're a lot different from Baekhyun. Yes, they are nice, but sometimes they're just...too much."

 

Sehun furrows his eyebrows together, confusingly as he finishes up the bottom and does the yarn in the middle of the lantern, to hold the pit of fire perfectly, "What do you mean?"

 

The girl was hesitant at first but she lets out a sigh in defeat, knowing she had said too much, but she bores her eyes at the younger one, "Promise me, you'll keep it to yourself?" He nods quickly, placing his hand over his chest, "I overheard something, but I don't think I heard it right."

 

"What is it, noona?" It wasn't that he likes gossip- maybe he does- maybe just about Horizon because of how much they chased them- especially their department. He wants to know why they keep on bothering them even after Chanyeol turning them down repeatedly.

 

Seulgi drops her hands on the lanterns, knotting the yarn perfectly around the sticks, "Apparently someone- no- a group of people wants something from their company. And that group of people are from here, Jeju. They knew about Horizon's baby company launching soon, and they want money from us," Sehun keeps his eyebrows furrowed, shaking his head a bit as he keeps his eyes on the older one, "That's why they want you to protect Baekhyun. The soon-to-be CEO of one of the biggest banking company in Korea."

 

An hour later, Seulgi can't reach Baekhyun's phone. Sehun found out he wasn't with Chanyeol. Baekhyun's missing.

 

-

 

The younger one's head snap up, his eyes widens as he realizes something, "Hyung! I-i remembered it," he quickly says, making him stutter. He leans forward and looks at Chanyeol, who just continues on driving, he grips his shoulder and gulps down, "I think I know where Baekhyun is." He thought of the worst way on how Baekhyun went missing. The worst way possible.

 

-

 

They came back to the station, Chanyeol was searching for the documents, Jongin was calling for back up and Sehun gets, all the things they need, ready from bulletproof jackets to handguns. He had told Chanyeol all about the "group" Seulgi had told him, apparently it's a famous syndicate for robbing, hypnotizing and holding hostages. Even though there are lots of the members in jail, they continue on adding multiple of them to enlarge their syndicate, all over South Korea.

 

While Jongin's contacting the officers who are experienced in these kinds of things, he still continues to call Baekhyun's phone, hoping they would get an answer so they can track it down. Sehun had got calls from Seulgi and Mr. Byun, who was furious and is apparently in a flight to Jeju now. He'll be here in a few minutes and insisted that they need to go where they think Baekhyun is now.

 

His father was furious, with shaky voice he shouted through the phone, making Sehun flinch and lower his head down with extra guilt forming in his chest. All he did was throw words, harsh words saying he would take them down if something ever happens to his son, and they know that he said that out of love for Baekhyun, and they would do the same if that happens to them too.

 

Chanyeol had broke down quietly under the front desk while he searches for the documents. No, there weren't any tears, he doesn't know why it won't pour down but he quietly lets out dry sobs, hitting his chest with his knuckles firmly to stop his chest from hurting so much. He wants to cry so hard, screaming for Baekhyun, asking and begging for forgiveness to everyone. His shaky fingers continues to look for the folders they need, and a tall figure shadows over him, but he doesn't notice.

 

Jongin crouches down beside the older and places his hand on his upper back, rubbing gentle circles on it, "Hyung..." he clears his throat, trying not to break down as well, they know all too well that they need to be strong with this, "Hyung..." he repeats himself as Chanyeol finally falls into his arms, covering his face with his hands, even Jongin notices that nothing, not even a single tear, fell from his eyes, but his face's going red, "Are yo-" he stops himself, then breathes in to calm himself down.

 

"We need to be strong for Baekhyun," Jongin says to the older, keeping his eyes on the hands that's covering his face, "We will find him, look we're a step near him, and his father's going to help us so it'll be easier now," he continues to blurts out words, gulping down his nervousness and negativity, "Tomorrow is the night for the fireworks and we're going to watch it all together, you, me, Sehun and Baekhyun, right?"

 

Chanyeol nods and sniffs a bit, his face was dry, no signs of dry tears on his cheeks, his face is finally calming down to its original color, and he takes the document of the syndicate, shaking his head to get him back to his track. Jongin watches his hyung admiringly and stands up, still Chanyeol's phone his hand. 54 missed calls to Baekhyun and still nothing.

 

With shaky index finger, he reads his own handwriting, stating where most of their hideouts are, there were three of them and once again, all hope was lost in Chanyeol. Sehun had already finished and some of their co-workers finally came, he constructed them on what happened and what to do, "Hyung, where should we go to?"

 

The tall man looks up from reading and speaks out quietly, "Doryeong-ro," He states andd his grips tightens around the folder when a familiar man walks to the front door, his eyes widens and he just wants to crawl back under the table and never show to anyone again.

 

Mr. Byun breathes heavily out of angriness, walking towards to his target, to the one and only Park Chanyeol, who promised to take care of his son until his stay there, "You-" he didn't even finish his sentence when he threw a punch square on Chanyeol's face, making the younger man to keep his head to the side, lowered down with nothing but guilt eating him alive.

 

"I'm sorry, sir," he decides to mumbles out quietly, shutting his eyes closed to keep himself out of embarrassment from his sunbaes, co-workers and friends.

 

"Sorry?!" Mr. Byun was about to throw another punch but Sehun stops him by grabbing him by his wrist.

 

He looks at him dead in the eyes, "Sir, with all due respect, Officer Park is doing everything to find him- and fighting is not in his list," he lets go of the arm of the older, "Finding Baekhyun is our main priority and not this."

 

Then there was hope inside Chanyeol again, hearing those words from Sehun made him stronger again, inside and out. He looks up and stares at Sehun, walking to the front and runs towards the car, with the two following him from behind, "Hyung, which are we going to take?" asked by Jongin.

 

Chanyeol gets into the passenger while Sehun drives and Jongin stays at the back, looking at the paper with Chanyeol, "They're probably not going to go to these places," he says hastily, looking up and furrows his eyebrows, "Tell the others to go Sinseongmaeul."

 

He has his phone in his hand again, typing messages for Baekhyun and calling him after pressing the send button.

 

To: ByunBaek Horizon

i miss you. i'm so sorry.

 

To: ByunBaek Horizon

Baekhyun... wherever you are please stay there, we're coming to get you, okay?

 

As he put the device down on his lap, it immediately vibrates making him look back at it. His heart beats furiously and his vision got blurry, "It's Baekhyun," He breathes out, quickly sliding his fingertip on the screen to answer it. Jongin and Sehun is startled as well but Sehun had to concentrate on driving but he couldn't help but feel his heart beat faster as well. It was a mix of nervousness and excited beats.

 

Chanyeol presses his phone on his ear, opening his mouth but the voice from the other line beats him to it, "Chanyeol-" The voice that makes him weak rings out through the speaker of his phone, he was about to smile but it was vanished when he hears a loud sob from his little one, "-help me," Chanyeol grips his phone tightly in his hand, just looking ahead and not hearing anything but Baekhyun sobbing on the other line.

 

He builds himself up and clears his throat, "Tell me where you are," he wants to say many more things but that's what's important right now, "What can you see? Where are you?"

 

He hears the younger one from the phone breathe heavily as he lets out another sob, "I-i don't know, I don't know, Chanyeol," he breathes out and Chanyeol can't take it anymore, but he has to bear hearing Baekhyun let out heartbreaking sobs, "They locked me in here, they plan to do something," he quickly say, as his voice turns to a whisper, "Chanyeol please..."

 

He looks at Sehun and Jongin for help, "Please tell me what you can see, please Baekhyun," he begs too, closing his eyes as he hears Baekhyun talks once more.

 

"It's a building- like- a factory-" He hears Baekhyun's breath hitches and a huge thud from the other side and suddenly ends the call.

 

His eyes widen, turning to Sehun, "Hurry," He knows where he is.

 

"Hyu-" He cuts Sehun off and screams unintentionally, "Hurry, Sehun! The factory near Yeon-dong!"

 

The syndicate wasn't just famous for those, they were disgustingly famous because of their members. Apparently, their boss is rich because of the crimes they did, that's why more men, even women wants to join them, for easy money. Just kidnap someone and ask for ransom, right? Baekhyun's dad have a huge amount of money with him, hoping they'll accept it in return of his son, hell he even asked the others if he could give up their company just to get their son back. Seulgi, on the other hand, wasn't able to sleep, she helped Baekhyun's mom to calm down through the phone, his dad didn't let her come with them, knowing it'll be too much for her.

 

The younger ones needs to stay strong for Chanyeol, for everyone. Chanyeol is the strongest out of everyone in their department, the others knowing the both of them are his friends, many looks up to them. If they break, all hope will be lost to the ones with them. Jongin partly blames Chanyeol for being too full of himself, he blames him for being too scared falling for Baekhyun, but he mostly blames his parents- for asking too much from their son.

 

He never saw the older cry for someone, except for when they're moving to Jeju for good, he wouldn't let go of his mom. But Chanyeol crying over someone who he just met? That's really new to him. He wouldn't blame him though, he barely hung out with Baekhyun but when they do, it's fun and fondness will grow more and more towards him. Maybe Chanyeol just became too attached with him.

 

The youngest out of the three nervously drives in a quick pace, with the sirens ringing loudly through the streets. They were near the place Chanyeol thinks where Baekhyun is, and trusting him, he didn't hesitate to tell the others where they were heading through the radio. The older ones gears up, Jongin carefully asking if Chanyeol was okay, even Sehun was anticipating his answer but the oldest just shrugs quietly, unbuckling his belt and gets ready to go out of the car when they slowly reach the factory.

 

The others had reached them as well, with Baekhyun's dad's car following at the end, hiding behind the police cars. There were only 7 of them in this, and knowing who the syndicates are, they were outnumbered.

 

His heart pounded from his chest, as he bravely walks towards the huge and unguarded entrance. His arms are stretched forward, gripping the gun in his hands, his feet dragging his body slowly into the dangerous scene. Though- he's still willing to risk his own life for Baekhyun, because if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't be there. It's almost 5 a.m. but it's still quiet dark because of the cold weather, and it isn't really helping any of them at all.

 

His co-officers calls him quietly, saying he should hide first and inspect the place before going in, but Chanyeol shakes his head and raises his hand up for someone to follow him. With courage and motivation, the two follows him but hides to the side, where barrels and trashcans are. Some of the officers stopping Baekhyun's dad on following them, asking him to wait inside the car and one officer willingly guards him and Seulgi.

 

This isn't new to Chanyeol, to any of them. But the feeling of Chanyeol breaking down to Jongin is new and made Jongin realize that his hyung is still a human who gets weak when love hits him hard, Sehun is the one who's trying so hard to be strong for all of them, it may not be his job going out to fight with criminals but when he does, everything changes, it gets stronger, their teamwork strengthens even more with Sehun.

 

The two watches him from the side where they are hiding, Chanyeol's steps are slow knowing he's nervous. Not because of those syndicate but because of Baekhyun. "I don't think they'll come out," the tall one breathes out, enough for all of them to hear. Chanyeol kicks the doors angrily with his nose flaring, "They'll want us to come in," the huge factory gates are rusty, evident that it's really abandoned, all of them bravely walks in, and when one of the officer steps on a creaky part of the floor, a gunshot goes off towards them, but thankfully, none got hit.

 

Chanyeol quickly looks to where it came from, from the side in front of them, they all raise their guns outwards, and without thinking, blood boiling from in his veins, "What the do you want from him?!" His voice is even louder than the gun shot, startling his co-workers.

 

They hear a chuckle from other room from the side where the gun shot came from, a chuckle that disgust people. "You know all too well what we want from him, Chanyeol-ah," It's Won Jae Kuk, he has the same gun tucked in his front pocket, crossing his arms over his chest. Chanyeol locks the gun and points it directly at him, one push on the trigger and he's dead.

 

But Chanyeol never kills. Not even once he even touched blood from the criminals his higher officers did.

 

"You never went all out like this for a single person, Yeol," his lips twitches up to a smirk, raising an eyebrow mockingly at the officers, "I knew it," he points at the door behind him, tilting his head on the side, "That Baekhyun is someone important to all of you?"

 

"Shut up!" Another gun shut goes off, aiming at the rusty wall beside them, "You're disgusting," Jongin grits his teeth as he talks, glaring at the man in front of them, "That's how low you are, right? Wanting the easy way to get money? Kidnapping the Horizon's son?" This man is Jongin's friend- no, he was his friend until he decided to take this path instead of following Jongin, Sehun and Chanyeol. Jaekuk said it was the only way he can help his family. But he went crazy, insane even, after his family gone, he still continued the bad way and did everything just to get as much money as the people from Seoul.

 

"You know me, Jongin!" He throws his head back a bit as he lets out a bitter laugh, but stops to look at the three, "Look at you trying to fight me for someone who's dead!" And that's when Chanyeol's whole word stops, no his legs didn't give up, no, his feet still worked and yes, he pulled the trigger multiple times while aiming for the man in front of him, his vision is blurry, he's shouting but he couldn't hear his own voice.

 

Jaekuk's ally finally went out and started shooting as well, the six officers shoots back, but the taller one quickly drops his gun and walks into the room where Baekhyun is. And there, a small figure wearing a white shirt and his jeans, feet exposed and covered with dirt. No. He drops on his knees, once he reached the lifeless body, laying on the cold ground, Baekhyun's hair is disheveled messily on his face, dry sweats keeps his fringe sticking on his forehead, his cheeks is tinted with his own blood.

 

He wants to look away but he can't, his eyes kept roaming on his little one's lifeless body in front of him. Baekhyun's delicate hands stays in front of him, still delicate and beautiful despite having it covered with dirt between his nails and fingers, the bigger hands hovers over the lifeless ones, shakily grabbing the two hands in his own and gently wraps an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, lifting him up to finally see his face for the last time.

 

He almost fainted with the sigh of blood and fresh wound pierced into Baekhyun's chest, "B...Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol chokes out, his eyes getting blurry with his own tears, and his bottom lips quiver. His chest heaves up at the sight of Baekhyun's perfectly structured face, covered with dirt from the ground and a bruise on his cheek, "Baek..." he calls out for him again, hoping and praying this is all a dream- a nightmare.

 

Baekhyun's head drops onto Chanyeol's chest, and without strength, Chanyeol's grip around his hands loosens, making it drop in between them. And there, hot tears streams down Chanyeol's cheeks endlessly, choking out his own sobs as he buries his face on top of Baekhyun's head, his arms wrapping around his shoulders, keeping him close to his vest-covered chest, "I'm so sorry," he whispers into Baekhyun's ear, his cheek now pressing against his little one's temple, "I'm sorry for being too late, Baek," his hands grips Baekhyun's shirt as he holds him close, "I'm sorry for accepting you too late."

 

You don't need to kiss someone to feel if they love you, you don't need to be intimate with them to know if they need you, you don't need to hold hands to realize that they're your missing piece. No, all you need is their presence, their assurance, non-verbally. Just love them until you take your last breath, and with that you offered your whole life to that someone. Don't love them forever because forever doesn't exist- lifetime does, so love them until your life ends.

 

And there's never a 'too late' to love someone.