.4.

Please reply

•4•

At the age of 12 years old, in her middle school, Inhae didn’t thought that she would be seeing Jongin again. It was too sudden that she literally froze on her feet.

Four years.

It had been four years.

Had she been forgetting him? No.

Had she wished that she had forgotten him? Yes.

When she was on her first day for the middle school, she swore she had seen him among the other students, but quickly tossed that thoughts away because there is no way that he would be where she was.

But then, there he was – walking into her class like he belonged there, whistling to some tunes as he grazed his fingers on the blackboard. There was no one inside the class as the students had all gone to the assembly – Inhae had come late because there was traffic and was dropping her bag when he had walked in.

Jongin didn’t seemed like he had changed much – sure, he had gotten a lot taller, a lot more mature aura, slimmer and seemed healthier with his tan complexion but he still had his old features that Inhae remembered, still. And she didn’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

“Ah…” he had sat on a student’s desk, back facing her. “…so this is your class.”

Her heart thumped like it had just finished marathon. Hearing his voice again after years and knowing that it was directed to her or at least she thought it was since they were the only two in the class.

Weirdly, he didn’t seem to be amused by the fact that they had just met after years separating. He rather seemed nonchalant about it and that broke her heart a bit because he didn’t seem like he care.

Maybe he got the wrong person or something.

He wouldn’t remember her after four years had passed, right?

Feeling dejected, she quickly looked down and just walked away. She was running late for the morning assembly.

 

She had met with Jongin more than she thought she would be. He would always come to her class and almost all the boys in her class was his friends but she didn’t seemed surprised about it since he had always been that friendly guy that everyone loves.

She didn’t mind though, she enjoyed watching him more than she should although she knew it was a bad thing for her heart because she had to kept reminding herself that he didn’t notice her and that he didn’t remembered her.

But she had been doubting herself on that because whenever she was walking with her friend to go to lunch or anywhere and saw Jongin – she would always noticed that he had his eyes on her already.

She thought that – hey, maybe he was starting to remember me, or does he find me pretty or something?

She was really thrilled thinking about that, but maybe he was just looking at her friend because Yoona was really beautiful.

Inhae didn’t know why she always put herself down but weirdly, she liked it like that – she liked to put herself down and not to put any higher expectations because anything that happen will likely exceed her expectations.

And weirdly as it sound, it works.

 

Just like how her first day in high school.

It was the first day in high school and the same thing that happened to her when she was eight, happened to her at the age of 16 – Inhae had gotten into the wrong class and not only her, but with other two girls so she wasn’t feeling that anxious and embarrassed by it.

But the thing was that, Jongin was in the class.

Inhae really didn’t expect that.

He was looking at her direction the whole time, having an amused and curious look dancing in his eyes and her heart thumped just by that until he turned around and whispered something at the girls that were behind his seat and Inhae felt crushed.

Why would she think that she would attract his attention? Surely, there are prettier girls than her that he would love to look at.

When the teacher had assigned the seat for her, she didn’t look up until she had finally seated. Her seatmate just smiled at her and she smiled back, not wanting to be rude and really wanted to make new friends.

On the corner of her eyes, she could see that Jongin was still whispering something at the girls behind his seat and they would always glanced at her way, making her feel more dejected than she already are.

“Hey…Inhae…”

She quickly looked up, wondering who had called for her.

As far as she knew, she didn’t introduce herself to the class and the teacher didn’t say anything about her name. The students in the class were basically strangers to her.

“Over here!”

Inhae looked at a girl who seemed to have the beautiful smile ever – her dimple looked so deep that Inhae wondered if she could dive in it.

And apparently, the girl was one of the girls that Jongin had whispered at earlier and Inhae suddenly feeling anxious – thinking that maybe they trash talked about her and now the girl wanted to humiliated her and bully her for the rest of the year.

“Jongin here said hi.”

The said boy already had his body turned to face the front.

Okay, Inhae definitely didn’t see that coming.

 


SIDE NOTE:

I just got my poster guysss I'm soooo happy because it's so beautiful. Thank you writerturtle's poster shop for making this happen! ><