.20.

Please reply

 


•20•

And that was the stupidest thing that she had ever done.

Because when Inhae wanted to log in back to her Facebook, she had forgotten the password. She had forgotten her simple password.

You could say that she literally screamed in her room.

“Sunyoung!”

The said girl startled, looking at Inhae who already arrived in her room. “What? Why? What happened?”

Inhae groaned. “I’m so stupid! I freaking forgot my password!”

Sunyoung blinked. “Why do you even bother logging off from it?”

“Because I’m stupid!” Inhae exhaled. “I can’t believe I just did that!”

“Hey, chill girl…”

“I already did everything and it had sent another backup password to my email and guess what…”

Sunyoung sympathetically looked at her friend. “You forgot your email password too?”

Inhae sobbed at the correct guess. “I’m so stupid.”

She sighed. “You kinda are, but you can just make new Facebook account. No worry, right?”

Inhae groaned. “I can’t. I need that Facebook, it’s very important.”

“Why?”

“I confess to Jongin last night on Facebook and – ”

“ – whoa…wait – what?! You confess?!”

She groaned, looking away just to avoid looking more embarrassed than she already are. “Yeah…”

“And? What did he say?!” Sunyoung tugged Inhae – eyes full on hope and curiosity. She leaned forward and Inhae sighed again.

“That’s the problem, I log off the Facebook before he could even reply and now I can’t log back in because I forgot my password.”

Inhae swore she had never saw Sunyoung being so frustrated before after hearing what she had said.

 

“So, you can’t log back in at all?” Victoria asked, eyes wide as she stared at Inhae. The latter just had her cheeks planted on the desk, unmoving as she tried another password on her Facebook.

“Nope. I tried everything. My stupid brain can’t remember anything!” Inhae groaned again, slamming her phone on the desk and she buried her face in her arms.

“I hate myself!” her yells were muffled under her arms and Inhae could feel her friend was patting her on the arm.

“Hey, I can stalk him. Maybe he updates his status or something.”

Inhae never lift up her head so fast in her entire life and she stared at Victoria with a smile – a hopeful one. “Please…”

That friend of hers just rolled her eyes but nonetheless took her phone out from her jeans. “What’s his name?”

“Kim Jongin…”

It probably took like a minute and a lot of Jongins to be scrolled at until they found the right one and looking through the pictures, Victoria suddenly whistled. “Damn girl, now I know why you couldn’t move on from him. He’s hot.”

Inhae just rolled her eyes at that. “He’s mine.”

“Nuh – uh…” Victoria clacked her tongue, waving her finger in front of Inhae and she just rolled her eyes even more.

“Come on, Vic…did he update anything? Let me see that!”

Victoria just gave the phone without any fight. “He didn’t update anything.”

Inhae looked at Jongin’s page, frowning when she didn’t see anything from the boy that would indicate that he had read her message. Maybe…

She swallowed the bitter thought.

Maybe he didn’t read it yet.

He’s busy.

But…

 

Inhae was restless afterwards. She just couldn’t stop asking for her friend’s phone and stalk Jongin’s page because she was that desperate on wanting the reply from the boy.

Sunyoung had made a suggestion that maybe Inhae should just message Jongin using her Facebook, but Inhae denied that idea because she doesn’t want to embarrassed herself more than she already are.

It was three days later when Inhae opened up Amber’s Facebook and stalked Jongin that she read his status. His new one.

I don’t know what to say.

That.

Just that simple line.

So simple that it breaks Inhae’s heart when she read it.

Maybe it was meant for anyone but her, but Inhae’s heart told her otherwise – that status was made for her.

Just for her.

Knowing that, she smiled – it wasn’t sincere, she knew that.

That was it.

The result for her undying crush.

She was so crazily embarrassed that she wanted to cry. She wanted to bawl herself out.

She just hated herself for confessing and now she had nothing to do with him anymore. She lost Jongin just as she lost her hope.

She swallowed hard.

Maybe there was a reason why she was so stupid logging off from the Facebook – maybe Jongin’s rejection was so hard that she won’t be able to deal it, maybe she won’t be able to accept it and do something stupid. Inhae didn’t know.

She wasn’t happy knowing it like that, but what could she do?

She felt so bitter that when she swallowed, it was so hard.

She felt so frustrated that when she breathed out, she just wanted to bawl.

She felt so embarrassed that she just wanted to crawl herself into the ground.

But weirdly – she just sat on her bed.

Her friends were busy chatting with each other on the floor, not knowing what she was feeling.

And she forced herself to tug a smile.

It’s okay.

She’s going to be okay.

She turned off the phone.

She’s going to move on, right?

Inhae smiled bitterly.