.14.

Please reply

•14•

Inhae wasn’t really fond on studying. She maybe a smart kid during primary school, but starting middle school, she had been losing interest in studying. She rarely excel anything and her grades was just average, unless it’s English because she was really good at it – no doubt on that.

All of her friends were great at studying, which always make her feel left out because she wasn’t that good and hearing them study with each other just make her more confused that she already are.

So, whenever they were busy studying, Inhae would always excuse herself out and just wandered to find her own entertainment. Just like that Wednesday when her friends were busy studying for the upcoming test, Inhae had already wandered off to find her own book to read.

The library was quiet as she walked to the book shelves. Inhae only stopped walking when she found herself on the fiction section where all her favorite books are lined up.

That were the kind of books that she liked to read.

And she began picking, scanning every book to match with her new sudden craving when a sudden light flash through her eyes and she squinted.

The light was brought up and down, up and down again before going left and right. She pushed herself to the side and looked over to where the light was coming from.

Outside the window of the library was Jongin and he just smirked when he noticed that she was looking at his way.

Again, he raised the mirror that was in his hand and the sun reflected on it, making another flash of light run passed Inhae’s sight.

She had frowned, of course – not liking the prank that the boy had done and covered her sight with her palm, blocking the light.

Her heart skipped a beat.

Jongin was lying on top of Sehun’s stomach as all of his gang rounded up on the grass field, but Jongin was the only one that had his attention elsewhere.

Her.

Jongin was looking at her.

And Inhae noticed that he was smiling when he caught her looking at him through her fingers.

Face pinked, she dashed away from the window and out of his sight.

 

Why was Jongin behaving like that?

Inhae didn’t know.

She remembered him not even acknowledging her in the beginning of high school, but what was the sudden prank on her?

Or had Jongin finally noticed her?

But after those two years in the same class together?

 

The test was not easy. It was rather hard and Inhae was proud to say that she will fail the test because she hadn’t been studying at all except for English. It wasn’t because she was dumb or anything – it was because she was a bit lazy to even open a book and started studying.

Her friends rarely asked for her test paper back to compare the answers because they knew that she would fail anyways. It was Seulgi that the students in the class would find because that friend of hers is smart and almost had the perfect score on every subject.

So, Inhae was left alone on the seat as Seulgi was busy comparing answers with the students. She just sighed, taking out her book to begin doodling, wasting her time.

And just a few moments later, she noticed that the seat in front of her was being pulled. She had thought it was Eunjung coming back to her seat when Jongin came to her view.

She casted her eyes down immediately.

She felt like her heart was going to blow because Jongin was sitting in front of her with so much closeness that she could smell his natural scent – strong and addicting.

She swallowed. She needs to pretend that she didn’t care about his presence.

So, she continued doodling on her book. Her chin that was placed on the table was pushed to stay on her arm and basically had half of her face covered because she could feel herself blushing hard.

And because she had pulled her arm earlier, Jongin had dragged the chair closer, placing his own arm on her desk and his chin tucked on his palm as he stared everywhere except for her.

Inhae had slowed down on her doodling and focused on the boy that was sitting in front of her.

What is he doing?

Their distance was just a span close and she could see his covered biceps under the school’s white shirt.

Did he work out?

His hands were veiny and his fingers were long.

Why is he so perfect?

Inhae glanced down quickly, pretending that she didn’t just drooling ever him.

Why is Jongin doing this? She didn’t know.

They didn’t talked and it was awkward because he was so close that she was starting to get self-conscious.

Is her hair okay?

Is something on her face?

Is her body smells?

Should she say something?

Do they need to talk?

Please say something. She just prayed that Jongin would just say something.

Her heart was not in a good condition because of what he is doing.

Just then, Yuri suddenly came, shaking Inhae back to the reality and she stared at the girl with a frown. Jongin also looked up.

“Inhae, can I please look at your English paper?”

Inhae cleared . “It’s with Seulgi. She takes it with her.”

Yuri just groaned. “Why do you have to let her take it?”

Inhae didn’t managed to say anything because Jongin had already said something,

“Do you have to disturb her? She’s busy doodling.”

Inhae swore that her heart didn’t just stopped because why does his voice sound so delicious up close?

She didn’t have the courage to look at him though. She was too scared – of looking direct into his eyes and melt.

Yuri made a face. “Then why are you disturbing her? Hmm?”

Inhae pretended to be busy with her doodling and just acted like she didn’t have a slight jealousy burning inside her when Jongin naturally strike a conversation with Yuri.

Sehun called for Jongin a moment later and just like that – he walked away.

She had hoped he would stay a bit though.

Even though they didn’t talk and he didn’t seemed to acknowledge her – having him sitting near her makes her happy enough.