003

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Faster, you slow poke! I’m hungry.”

Chanwook rolled his eyes annoyed. They just came back from the trip and Chaeyeon remember they had nothing at home so she decided in the last minute to buy groceries before they went home. And now, their hands full with grocery bags containing vegetables, fruits, snacks, etc. Because Chaeyeon was busy and Chanwook helpless with groceries, they always bought groceries on weekend for the whole week.

Or else they were going to starve to death. Beside pizza and chicken, Chaeyeon would never paid delivery order. Also, she limited ordering foods once every 2 weeks. Not because she had to suppress their outcome, but because Chaeyeon cared about their health much. Especially Chanwook who need to eat healthy foods because he need to grow a lot taller. She preferred to wake up and came home early to cook for Chanwook. She wanted to make a homemade foods for Chanwook so he could felt that he had mother at home.

Since their parent died, Chaeyeon would tried her best to pour all love she had for her brother. She didn’t want Chanwook feel that their parent death was the end of everything. She wanted Chanwook knew that even though their parents were no longer in the world, he still had her as sister, mother, and maybe a father.

“Didn’t I tell you we better buy something?”

She glared that made Chanwook stop whatever he was going to say.

“I told you—”

“Arraseo,”

“Yeon,”

The bickering between the sibling stop after they saw Sehun here, holding a bucket of beautiful flower with the gesture like he’d been here for hours. Chanwook realized that it was time for him to get in first. He took grocery bags from Chaeyeon and went in first.

“Sehun. What are you doing here?”

He chuckled bitterly. Somehow, he didn’t expect this kind of question from her. For two days, he waited for her to call like she promised him. But she didn’t call him at all. When he came to her office, she went home already. He tried to go to her home, but no one at home that made him realized that was day supposed to be their weekend trip. He tried to call her, risking to make everything worst because he knew that she still angry to him because he worried about her, but none of his called she accepted.

And when, he was standing here for hours, the first words he heard was she, asking what he was doing here. What a wonderful. He felt upset yet he couldn’t blame her because what happened before. He must upset her more than he had imagine.

He gave the flowers that she accepted it happily. At least she was smiling again. He didn’t like it when Chaeyeon sad or upset. Their last fought eating him for days. He couldn’t focus on his work because Chaeyeon was all over his head. He thought so many ways to seek an apology from her. But after he saw Chaeyeon today with her beautiful smile, the burden that weighted his shoulder disappeared. Finally he felt peace again.

“Yeon-ah, I’m sorry.”

She pouted that made Sehun smiled. He pinched her cheeks, earned an annoyed groan from Chaeyeon. “I forgive you already. Just don’t do it again next time. You are too busy.”

“I know, I’m sorry. Let’s have a date tomorrow, hm?”

“You promise? You are not going to ditch me again?”

He nod, still with smile on his lips.

The next day couldn’t be that long as far as she had remember. Office hour will be end in 5 minutes but Chaeyeon couldn’t wait anymore. She giddily imagine the date Sehun had promised her. When was their last date? She didn’t even remember. It’s been such a long time Sehun initiate a date. And here, she was acting like teenage girl waiting for her boyfriend for their first date.

After 5 minutes passed which was like 5 years, Chaeyeon quickly running out from her place before anyone could stop her. Usually, after office hour, her team would be going out three time a week. Unfortunately, tonight was the day the supposed to be that day. Her teammates would understand anyway. She already told them she couldn’t came tonight because she has date with Sehun that her teammates were loudly teasing her.

She rode a subway to the place where they supposed to meet. She found a vacant bench, perfect for her to wait Sehun. As she waited for him, the snow started to fall from the dark sky.

The snow was falling again tonight, just to make the air colder than before. She was looking around where people were walking in front of her. Some of them were walking alone, some of them were couples that also enjoying a date like her. She was squealing when she saw a man, kneeling in front of a girl. He was proposing his girlfriend. How romantic.

She had imagine what if it was her and Sehun? Him, proposing her under the falling snow. In the night where no one was around them. Only them. He would said something sweet that he rarely said. She was chuckling alone, waiting for the time her imagination became true. Overall, they were an adult already. They’ve been together for years. And they already had stable job, even though Sehun still focus on becoming a president.

She imagine how it felt to get marry with Sehun. How was it felt spending your time with the one you loved so much. How was it felt when you know he was going to be the first and the last person you saw every time you open your eyes. How they were going to share kisses before and after work. She promised, after they get marry, she wanted to be a full time wife and mother. She wanted to dedicate her life for her husband and her children, to shower them with love and care.

Her smile softened. Being a mother?

How it felt to be a mother? How it felt to have your own children? Giving a birth to them and watching them grow up together with your husband? To build a family together.

How she wish everything was happening soon. But all she can do was waiting. She knew Sehun still had lots of thing in his hand. This year maybe not the right time for them to get married. She was going to wait until he reached his dream. And after that, she can fulfil her own dream.

A loud cheering pulled her out from her own world. The woman was accepting the man. Although it wasn’t her, but she couldn’t help not to cry in joy for the couple. She silently congratulating them. She teared her gaze from the couple. Next to her was a man, sitting alone with hands inside his coat pockets. On his left side was a bucket of flower. It’s either he was waiting for his girlfriend or maybe something else.

She didn’t really care about it.

She looked at her phone. Thirty minute passed and no sign of Sehun. No messages, no phone call, and the weather was getting colder. She started to feel hungry. Oh no. She just remember if Chanwook had eaten already or not. She unlocked her phone and called Chanwook immediately. At least, when she called and talked to Chanwook, it helped her spent some of her time.

“Eo noona, waeyo?”

She heard his voice that started to change due to puberty. His voice was getting deeper in some point she was sure any girl who heard him would fell in love with his voice. He sounded so beautiful. “Ya. That’s rude. I’ve not said my greeting yet.”

“Mianhaeyo. Waeyo? Don’t you have date with Sehun? Stop calling me when you have date.”

She smiled at his nagging. She just found it cute. Oh God. She was fool around her brother. “Dongsaeng-ah, have you eaten the dinner? Mianhae. Noona can’t come home early to cook something for you.”

“I did.”

“What you buy?”

“Yohee ajumma gave some dish for us. Anyway, will you stop worrying me and just focus on your date? I’m a big boy. Don’t worry about me. I can take care of myself, noona.”

“Okay, okay. My baby is growing up, I see. Don’t wait for me, okay? Just sleep after you study. And call me if anything happen, okay?”

“Okay. Tell him to bring you to somewhere warm. Today is really cold. I’m going to study again.”

“Okay. Study well, dongsaeng. Saranghae.”

Chanwook didn’t say anything and just ended the call. She pouted. Her brother never really did something sweet to her. This cold hearted yet sweetest boy. She shook her head. After talk with Chanwook, she had nothing to do anymore. Sighing, she tried to enjoy the scenery around her while trying to keep herself warm.

An hour passed yet still nothing from Sehun. She was starting to get annoyed. What took him so long? He said he had nothing today that’s why he asked for a date. But now? At least if he knew he was going to be late, he could tell her earlier. She could go somewhere warmer and got something warm. Not sat here like stupid person. Although she loved winter, she was not that stupid to stay under snowfall that long.

“I see you are also waiting for someone?” She looked at the source of voice. The man she saw before was standing next to her, bringing the flower along with him. “May I sit here?” Chaeyeon nodded and showed her sweet smile. At least, with the man here, she has someone to talk. “My name is Jongin but people also call me Kai. You can call me whatever.”

“Well, whatever. I’m Chaeyeon.” The two laugh as Chaeyeon due to his answer. “A beautiful flower you have. Are you also waiting for someone?”

He smiled bitterly. “I do. But I don’t think she is going to come anytime soon. Actually I plan to confess to her tonight. But I think I get the answer already. You?”

“Ah, I still wait for him.”

Kai nodded. He didn’t really want to ask further. He just needed to release some tense and the girl looked so bored while waiting for her man. They simply needed each other company. “Do you want to go to that cafe? Let’s wait and get something warm. How?”

Chaeyeon nodded and then followed him behind. While waiting, they were talking about everything as if they were a friend that hadn’t met for years. It turned Kai and Chaeyeon had lots similarity. They felt click on the first meeting. They are chicken lovers. Kai is also a business man. He is a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter