001

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She ran outside that room, sobbed hard as the tears flow freely from her beautiful eyes. Her heart was in pain. She didn’t know what she should do anymore. The choice was too hard for her. What if she never came back? Was everything would be different? She knew the day she stepped in this place once again, everything will be changed.

The snow was still falling. It didn’t stop as if they know how much she needed her heart freeze. She wanted to be numb. She wanted to forget everything. But again, everything is done.

Her story was already reach an end.

She lost on her own game.

And she lost him already.

He, the one she loved, will never came back. Forever.

Was it time to move on? Her friends always told her to move on, forgot about her past. But still she loved him. Despite all the guilt, she loved him still. There was nothing changed. And here, she willingly to come back, to start everything over again. Fulfilled the promise she made before.

But, it was too late, wasn’t it?

He had already moved on.

And here, she was trying to mend her broken heart while praying for his happiness. She knew there was someone else that deserve him. And it wasn’t her. He deserve the happiness he always looked for. And it wasn’t her. It just the matter of time. He has to move on. He has to fall for someone else someday.

And exactly, it was not her.

Everything was only a story left behind. Burning together as old memories.

Just one chance. She only wanted one last chance to meet him, to say goodbye and say thank you for all the good memories.

That way, she can made a peace with the past, moved on, and be happy as her friends told her.

 

Months ago...

She smiled brightly as the first snow fell on her palm. She lifted her face to the sky, enjoyed the dark sky with snow fallen on her face. Although she felt cold, the first snow always her favourite. Yeah. Winter was the special season for her.

As if she can smile wider than she did, she would as the memories flew inside her mind. That winter, two years ago, she met this man. Her boyfriend. The sweetest yet the coolest man ever. Him, Oh Sehun. The most expressionless person yet he hide thousands feeling inside.

That time, for the first time she found someone confessing to her so romantic. Sehun, everyone knew how Sehun was. Heartless. Cold. Never care about anyone around him. He lived in the world like he has the world alone. No one was living here with him. He was self-centred, stubborn. And a jerk.

First time she met him it was winter, she hate him from the bottom of her heart. He was annoying. Too rigid like a stone. He didn’t even say sorry when he accidentally bumped on her and made her hot chocolate wet her documents. He just walked out, didn’t even bother to ask if she was alright.

Next time they met, he is in one of her classes. Turned out, they had almost the whole schedules together. One day, they had to work together. They had to go to a small village to help people there and found a problem to help their economic issues.

That day, the weather was bad but they have to work. And the poor Sehun fell sick. He has cold and high fever. And as good partner, she has to nurse him well so he would recover soon. She threw out all hates inside her heart for once. That time, for the first time, she noticed she didn’t really hate Sehun. She just annoyed by him because he was too annoying for her liking. He was untouchable. She shouldn’t get closer to him because he always put those barriers around him.

But everything changed since he fell sick.

Their relationship was changed. Sehun became warm toward her. In the short of time, they became best friend. She was the only girl who can get closer to him. They start to exchange secret. Even the darkest secrets that no one knew, they kept it for each other.

And slowly, their relationship became more serious. She liked him. Once she realized it, she tried to keep it. She didn’t want to scare Sehun because she knew how much he was afraid of relationship. He was afraid of broken heart. He was afraid that once he fell in love, the one he loved will left him for another man. Just like his mother.

That was the reason why he built the barrier around. Inside his heartless self, he was the one who care the most about everyone. Whenever he care, he kept it. He didn’t want to show it. It made him looked so cold to other people. Yes, he was a jerk. But deep inside, he was just a lonely boy who scared of broken heart.

She kept her feeling well. Until one day, something happened. Sehun. The coldest person. The heartless person in the whole universe. The stubborn jerk, stood behind snowman that held a red rose and a necklace on its neck, around the scarf with written words “be my girlfriend, Lee Chaeyeon”. As she read it, a single tear followed by other drop of tears finally came out from her beautiful brown eyes. That was the sweetest thing Sehun ever did. It made her heart fluttered. She fell in love deeper to him that time.

He threw all his worried just to ask her. He threw all his doubt aside and chose to believe her. He did everything for her. It touched her heart.

“So?” He asked with nervous smile. Truthfully, she would say yes in a heartbeat. But her mischievous side kicked her to .

“Well, I don’t want to be Mr. Snowman’s girlfriend. It must be hard to walk with him. To hold his hand. And to enjoy summer date with him. So, maybe no. Except he will never melt when we have date on the beach, on summer.”

She turned her back on Sehun who chuckled lightly. He knew what Chaeyeon wanted. Before she could walk away further, he back hugged her. He rest his chin on top of her head. It was so warm. What he did warmed her body and heart.  

“Ya. Lee Chaeyeon,” Sehun exhaled deeply. “You know, I have too many bad side. I have too many dark secrets. But here, I try to forget my fear. I’m not good on expressing my feeling in a word. But... I—you, will you be, oh man. This is so—”

Without word, she turned behind and hugged him back tightly. She hid her face on his chest. She was crying mess and Sehun awkwardly tap her back to calm her down. Not an easy job because it took her about ten minutes to calm down. “This is so not you. But oh My God! You can say those sweet words! I’m touched.”

And that time, their first kiss happened. Under the falling snow and the dark sky, they were sharing their love.

She was chuckling lightly. Not really mind people around her were watching her as if she some kind of lunatic. She didn’t care.

She didn’t even realize that Sehun already behind her, looking at her intensely with a small smile tug on his lips. He shook his head as he looked at what his girlfriend did. Winter will always be their special season. Because winter was the witness of their story together.

He remember the first time he saw her. It was another winter. He saw a girl, sat on a chair in the corner of library. She read a book under the lamp. He saw her shining like an angle. Her brown straight hair looked soft under the light. Her pointed nose and her small lips that sometime will pout, he assumed when she didn’t understand something on the book. His books were no longer exist in his brain. His eyes were fixed on her only.

He didn’t know why but she attract him in different way. But his heart finally knocked him down with the pain he always remember. He ended his growing feeling inside his heart instantly. He shook his head, tried to shake her off from his head. He felt annoyed because a stranger messed his head.

He closed his books and put it back on its placed.

When he walked outside, the cold attacked him cruelly. He sighed, annoyed by the weather too. He went to a cafe across the library to get something warm. He sat down on the corner near the window. Looking at the white snow fallen from the sky while drank his hot chocolate. He felt peace for a moment.

He shift his eyes on the door. How surprise he felt when the girl he saw in the library also came here. He rolled his eyes. It was bad. He shook the feeling inside his head, frustrated. He stood up from his chair toward the door. He saw her struggling to open the door because one of her hand held a cup of chocolate and the other held a bundle of documents. And like a jerk, he purposely bumped on her because he felt annoyed by her.

He didn’t even care when she yelled on him. He walked out and tried to not feel bad toward her. Days passed. And somehow, their destiny will always crossed. She was inside almost whole of his classes. Every day, he saw how she interact around people. She was nice. She smiled a lot. No one hate her. She was everyone’s sweetheart. She closed to anyone. Except one, him.

He saw how her eyes flame with fire every time she saw him. Well, he didn’t care. Okay. He didn’t care about it first. But when time passed, slowly he cared. He didn’t like how she treated him differently. She never spoke to him. Even when they were in the same group, she chose to talk with another person in the group. She would do anything to stay away from him.

Until one day, they had to work together in small village. The weather was so cold. And that stupid girl was slept without something warm. He had to lend her a jacket so she would feel warm. And the next day, they had to work all day. On the night, finally he fell sick.

Although it was blur memory, he remember it well how she took care of him all night. She put aside all her dislike toward him. That time, his heart was beating strangely. Something warm crept inside his chest slowly.   

Somehow, he noticed something different from her. She was different from everyone. She was far too different from his mother whom left him and his father for another man. She was different from any girls he met who only wanted him as their trophy boyfriend. She didn’t see him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter