008

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Theme:

G-Dragon-Missing You

Ailee-I Will Go To You Like The First Snow

Leon – Think About You

Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history

But not a part of your destiny.

“Tell me, Chae. What is your purpose now? Why did you come back?”

“I... It was accident. I... I didn’t mean to come back. Should... Should I go away? I promise I will go somewhere far.”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Don’t. This is not what I mean.” He pulled the car into stop. “What I mean, if you’re going to hurt him again, don’t do that, Chae. Don’t give him hope. Let him be happy and just stay as his friend if you didn’t really love him.”

Since that night, everything changed. Chaeyeon tried her best to act normal around Sehun. But everytime she looked at him, she always remember what Chanyeol had told her. She couldn’t help but feel regret ate her soul alive.

Sehun realized it quickly. How Chaeyeon always reject his lunch offer. How Chaeyeon always had excused to ditch dinner. When he was about to pick her from work, she already went home. Until one day, Sehun finally had courage to ask her.

“Tell me why now.”

“Tell you what? There is nothing wrong.”

“No. You’ve been avoiding me.”

She smiled. “No, Sehun. I just act as normal friend. We hang out lots. Didn’t you have to spend your time with your girl?”

Sehun was taking aback for awhile but he changed his expression quickly. He smiled.

“You were right. I should spent more of my time with my girl. Well then, Yeon. I’ve to go now. But please, don’t avoid me anymore.”

“What about dinner tomorrow night?”

“Sounds like plan. Call! I will pick you up after your work.”

When Sehun went away already, Chaeyeon broke down in tears. How could he forgave her easily? How could he act as if nothing happened? She didn’t worth his forgiveness. She didn’t worth to be around him anymore. Why he didn’t hate her now? Everything would be easy if only he hate her. What he gave her right now was only making her guilty falling deeper.

She couldn’t face him. She was ashamed.

Yet she didn’t want to stay away from him. She loved him. And she regret everything.

Everything went back to normal. Or at least Chaeyeon tried to act normal. They were currently a friend now. A best friend. He often told her about his girl. About how he was going to propose her on a party that she already heard it accidentally at Xiumin’s office room.

She tried to satisfy with whatever they are right now. But her heart still bleed everytime she saw how love radiant through his smile every time he talked about her. Was she a bad friend? She was.

“Chaeyeon-ah!” She heard Seungmi’s loud voice entering her home. Behind her was Chanwook who happily talk with Hyuk. “Oh, God! I think you are ready to go! Hurry up. We have to go to salon. We have special party to attend!”

Right. Today was the day where Sehun has his company party. And tonight was going to be his engagement party as well. In hours, he was really going to be someone else’s. In hours, she really shall to release him wholeheartedly. Tonight, she was going to be Chaeyeon, his best friend who will support him and cheer for his happiness.

“Just let me get my purse.” She entered her room and got her purse and dress. She was eyeing Chanwook for a moment. “You are going to be okay alone, right?”

“Noona!” Chanwook whined because Chaeyeon would always treat him like a baby. Chaeyeon gave him hug and kissed him on the cheeks. “I have dinner ready for you. Don’t wait for me. Be good on Hyuk, okay? Remember to get Hyuk sleep at seven.”

“I get it, I get it. Now. Let the boys have their time. You two don’t have to worry. Go now.” He shooed Chaeyeon and Seungmi out as he get Hyuk waves on the two. They are getting ready on salon for two hours and finally they are done.

Seungmi gasped as she saw how Chaeyeon right now. Her eyes were sparkling brightly.

“Oh my God. You look so gorgeous, dear. I bet no one will blink their eyes when they see you.”

“You are exaggerating, eonni. Where is Xiumin oppa? Isn’t he saying he is going to pick us?”

“Nah. He sends a driver for us. He said he has urgent matter in the office and he is late for the party. That man is really something.” Seungmi was pouting. Chaeyeon knew well how it felt when you were being second as work was the first. That’s really annoying. She tried to brighten up the mood with saying something funny.

When they arrived in the party location, peoples were already here. So many luxurious cars were parked here. The venue was so beautiful. Sehun prepared everything really well. The girl was really lucky to have him.

What if, that time she didn’t cheat on him? Was he still being hers? Were they going to move this far? Was she going to be the girl who stood in that place tonight? Who would have ring that Sehun put on her ring finger?

But, it was only her imagination. The truth, she was not the one who would be there. She was not going to have the beautiful ring Sehun had shown to her before. She was only his best friend. And it will remain like that forever.

“Chaeyeon-ah, are you okay?”

“What? Why am I not okay?”

“Really? Because right now you are crying.” Chaeyeon quickly touched her cheek and right. Her cheeks wet by the tears. “You know, we can go back and say you are not well. I believe Sehun is not going to force you to come.”

“Nah. I’m fine. Let’s go.”

“Are you sure?” Seungmi was eyeing her worriedly. She knew well how Chaeyeon’s feeling toward Sehun. And this engagement was breaking Chaeyeon’s heart into pieces yet Chaeyeon masked it all. She covered her pain with smile. It saddened her as Chaeyeon’s best friend. Although they only meet for 2 years, she already consider Chaeyeon as her sister and best friend. She didn’t want Chaeyeon to hurt herself although the younger girl thought this was the result of her mistake and she has to take the punishment.

Chaeyeon was punishing herself.

Seungmi said nothing when Chaeyeon draged her inside. Chanyeol and Baekhyun along with their escorts who saw her first were greeting her. They on coming to the party with Seungmi instead of a man. But Chaeyeon only waved it off as their teasing didn’t do anything on her.

Between their talk, Xiumin came and greet everyone as Chaeyeon introduce them to each other as her friends. Soon, he took Seungmi away, leaving Chaeyeon being the third wheel or maybe the fifth wheel among Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and their escorts. She excused herself to get a drink while in truth, she just wanted to get away from them. She knew, sooner or later the boys would dump the girls. So, it was not really important to involve further in their conversation.

“You are so beautiful tonight.” She almost choked her drink as a voice surprise her. She turned to the latter and has her eyes widened after she saw who he was.

“Jongin!” She greet him awkwardly while the boy was chuckling as if nothing happened between them before.

“Aren’t you going to hug me? It’s been years. How are you doing?”

“I’m doing fine. Wha—”

“I don’t think so.” Kai chuckled, more like mock on her. “You can fool people. But even the first glance I have on you, I can tell you are not fine.”

“Well, it’s not important. What are you doing here anyway?”

“Do you forget that he is my bussiness partner? And he is also my friend. Of course I have to come and congratulate him.” Chaeyeon fixed her gaze on that man. She opened her lips to say something but she held it. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter