007

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

********* Flashback Three Years Ago *********

OST:

BTOB- Missing You

Kim Feel-With You

The clock will continue ticking and the world won’t stop revolving no matter how painful your heart breaks

“Wook-ah! Hurry up!”

Chaeyeon’s voice boomed through the quiet morning atmosphere as she saw her brother nowhere. She was going to be late, for sure. Two minutes later Chanwook came down with his messy hair and messy uniform. She face palmed. She quickly grabbed lunchbox with sandwiches inside for him as she knew this would be happening.

“I told you I can go by myself. We live in this area for almost two years for god sake. Also, I’m not a kid anymore. I’m a high school student. I can go home and go to school all alone.”

She glared at him. “I told you I will send you to your first day of school and today is your first day become high school student. And for your information, for me you are still a kid. Hurry up before you late! Eat those on our way. Seriously. Next time I’ll throw water to you if you hard to wake up.” He rolled his eyes as his sister word’s entered his left ear and came out from his right ear. “Ppalli. Put on your tie and tidy your uniform. Aigoo.”

She was tiptoeing to comb his hair but he ducked away from her quickly. “No! Don’t touch my hair. I style it like that!”

“Aigoo. Whatever. Ppalli! Aish. I’m going to late too!”

Chaeyeon quickly drove to his new school. She felt overwhelm as they finally arrived at Chanwook’s school. She felt so proud because she could provide her little brother up until now. Yes, her little brother whom turned to be great boy even though he often got troubles but she knew, it was because he has a reason to do so. Although he seemed not care that much or maybe a bit troublemaker, trust her, Chanwook was the little brother everyone asked for. He never asked things from her. Although she was going to grant every wish he has, but it did not make him spoiled brat. When he need extra money, he would rather work his off just to get sum of money he need than asked Chaeyeon extra money. Because he knew, Chaeyeon was already working too hard to support their life.

There was one time Chaeyeon found out that he worked in two different jobs a day and she got angry because he has no time to enjoy his teenage time. When she asked why he needed money and didn’t ask her instead, Chanwook just say it was because he wanted to buy a new shoes and didn’t want to get her troubles because she worked too hard that week and she looked tired. He didn’t want to disturb her. And also he wanted to feel what it felt like when you have your own money because you worked hard for it. His confession melt her heart. She felt grateful because she has such a sweet brother here. And she would keep the sweet brother he was forever. She promised she was going to accompany him until he could stand on his own foot.

A knock on her mirror side pulled her out from her deep thought. In fact, Chanwook was already outside. How came she didn’t hear him go out from the car? Guess she was too absorbed in her own thought.

“I’m going now. Thanks for driving me here.”

“Wookie!” She called him. She smiled widely as she saw how handsome and how mature he was right at that moment. Was it the feeling when parents witnessing their children grow up? Because she felt it. She felt like a proud mother when she sent off her son to school. She felt emotional at that moment. Smiling, she erased her tears that fell on her cheeks. “Enjoy your new school! Make a lot friends and have some fun. Don’t forget to study diligently, okay?”

“Arraseo. Go now, noona. You said you are late already.”

“Ah. Right! I’m going now. Wook-ah fighting! SARANGHAE!” Chanwook mentally face palmed as he saw boys were eyeing them. Not them, actually his sister only. He was aware on his sister natural beauty that catch everyone attention easily. But he didn’t like it because everyone was only looking at her beautiful face. None of them looking at her because they love her. In some point, sadness felt his chest. He missed Sehun. He missed how the man would take care of him and his sister. Although sometime Sehun would contact him just to ask how him and his sister was doing.

He felt sad when he learnt his sister and Sehun wasn’t an item anymore. He felt great lost but he has to stay strong because his sister just face worst.

Chanwook watched until her car disappeared from his sight and the he looked around. Even some of them were being her fan boy on her already. He glares at them as he walks away toward his own class.

After 30 minutes, Chaeyeon finally arrived at her workplace. She tidied up her hair while running to her own section. She walked straight to a room and knocked for twice. When she got no answer, she opened it carefully, didn’t want to get trapped by her boss again. She finally could breathe as she saw no one. The CEO wasn’t at his place yet.

She was smiling brightly and closing the door again when a voice surprised her to death.

“You are late. Fifteen minutes late.”

She touched her chest because her heart was beating so fast. She grinned sheepishly. Here, the CEO sat on her desk. She was so sure he saw her stealthily walked into his room. He did surprise her purposely.

“Boss. I already told you I will be late today because today is Wook’s first day being a high school student. Don’t you know how important it is for a child psychology for you to accompany them to their first day of school?”

“Well, I only know about stock market and my schedules which clearly held by you, miss PA. And you didn’t say you are going to be late.”

“Oh my God. You must be not reading my messages again. Why are you always doing it to me?! You know, I took an effort to remind your schedules every morning as you said.” She was pouting while complaining. Her boss was really something, huh?

“Well, I lost my phone again and I don’t remember your number. Because now you know, help me to get a new phone and my number back before Seungmi kills me. You are excused. Now go and be back at ten o’clock. We have meeting.”

“How can you be so rude? And what meeting?! I receive nothing about meeting at ten.”

“That’s just show how important for me to have a phone. Hurry up go. Go~”

She rolled her eyes annoyed. Her boss, although she loved him dearly as his boss because he paid her good salary and his brain was amazingly work fast, he was annoying when he had demand something. Her boss, Kim Minseok or often called as Xiumin was a successful young entrepreneur. He built his own business kingdom without his parents help. And (un)fortunately he was Chaeyeon best buddy since she moved to his company. He and his family was like family to her. Even his son was always spent time with Chaeyeon.

It’s been two years for her working with Xiumin. Beside how he was so good and sometimes the cruelest and craziest boss ever, he was the best friend Chaeyeon ever had. He always listen to her story, helped her out of her problems, and a shoulder to cry on. Not only was him, his wife also being her best friend. Seungmi was good girl. She was a sweetheart. But when she was getting angry, she was scarier than anything in this world.

Xiumin and Seungmi married for 4 years and have a boy named Hyuk a three years old kid. He was so adorable and Chaeyeon loved him so much. Because of that, Xiumin and Seungmi always got Chaeyeon to baby sit him when they wanted to go out for a date. In exchange, Xiumin would rise her salary even though it wasn’t really necessary because Chaeyeon would love to babysit Hyuk.

She roamed around to find a suitable phone for Xiumin and got his number back like he asked. After everything done, she drove back to the company. Luckily she was 20 minutes early than she supposed to come back. She gave the phone to Xiumin and then she excused to start her own work.

“Wait, Chaeyeon-ah. The president I’ve meet today is on his way. Just let him in when he arrives.”

“Okay. Is there anything else?”

“Prepare the document I had left notes in your desk. And Hyuk would come later. You have to baby sit him again because Seungmi has to do something and I have meeting. That’s all. Thank you.”

“Okay.”

After that, Chaeyeon was poured all her concentration on her work. She was really passionate as she did her works. She arranged everything for Xiumin and helped him to finish the job quick and clean. Because of that, she never date. She only thought about work and Chanwook. Although Xiumin and Seungmi arranged blind dates for her, she never went because all she did work and work only.

Besides, she has never move on.

Right. It’s been two years already. The first week after their broke up was the hardest week. She remember every horrible thing she did. She was too ashamed to Sehun. The first year, she tried to forget it and be a better person. She reflect on everything she did and tried to change whatever she thought it wasn’t good in her action.

She even tried to have several dates when Xiumin and Seungmi pushed her. They even threatening her they were going to cut her salary if she didn’t go to the blind date they arranged. But every time she went, all she could think was Sehun. She always compared them to Sehun. Her heart would always seek someone like Sehun. Cruel? She knew.

Her heart would always screamed for Sehun and Sehun only. That’s why she decided to sink into her works. She filled her world with Chanwook and work only so she could forget Sehun quickly. But until now, she couldn’t get rid of the feeling. Although it was someone similar with Sehun, it ruined her heart and mind. Just like now, when she imagined Sehun was in front of her with his suit and his manly scent. Even the imagination could ruin peace in her heart.

She must be crazy.

“Ehm.”

She blinked. Once, twice. And suddenly she squeaked like a little mouse with her eyes widened like ping pong ball. She almost fell from her chair if the man in front of her didn’t hold her hands in time. You read it right. It was really Sehun. He was standing in front of her, holding her hands.

Her heart started to beat crazily.

This was really Sehun.

Oh Sehun. Her ex.

Nothing changed much on him. He still looked gorgeous. He looked more mature than he was before. He has shorter hair and his hair color was black.

“You... okay?”

She blinked again before she answered him. Still couldn’t believe in her own eyes. “Ah, yeah. I’m fine. Thank you for the help.”

He smiled. Even the smile he has still same. Oh, how she missed everything about him.

“Well then. I hope we have much time but I don’t think now is the right time for chit-chat, right? Beside you have lots of work to do, I have to meet the CEO. Is he here already?”

Wait. What time is it again? She looked at the clock and it was 10 a.m. Xiumin was going to have meeting anytime soon. And now, what did Sehun do here, asked to meet Xiumin? She was sure they weren’t... Wait.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter