Chapter 1

Greed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sirens*

“Please calm down sir, I understand but you must be patient, they will be here soon” the police officer looked back at his computer.

Taehyung leaned back in his chair. Hoseok put a hand on his shoulder.

“Be patient Tae, they will be here soon.” Moments later a man was brought into the station. The officer looked up at the man then back at Taehyung.

“That's him.” The officer stood from his seat and order the man to be put in a cell while they prepared for the investigation.

Taehyung stood up slowly he seemed to be trying to decide what to do. He began to walk towards where they had the man but Hoseok stopped him. The man glanced at Taehyung then at Hoseok.

“Tae calm down, don’t do something stupid.” Taehyung tried to get free from Hoseok’s grip.

 The man turned around.

“Why? Why? Why did you do it?” Taehyung had begun shouting after him.

The man kept walking.

“Huh? Answer me you idiot! What did Jinwoo do to you? Why did you kill him?”  Taehyung tried to push Hoseok away.

The man disappeared into the corner.

Tears began to form in Taehyung’s eyes. The officer stared at Taehyung and Hoseok for a bit. He began to speak.

“Ok, you got what you wanted. You saw the killer” He passed a hand through his hair. “Now I will kindly ask you to go home there is no need for you to be here, we can’t provide you any other information. I will call you in when there is news.” The officer grabbed some papers off his desk and left.

Taehyung wiped the tears from his eyes. He faced Hoseok.

“Let’s go.” He grabbed his coat from the chair and headed for the door.

Hoseok hesitated “You go ahead I will catch up in a bit.”

Taehyung looked ready to protest but he just nodded and left.

Hoseok spotted some officers and walked over.

“Excuse me, is it possible for me to speak to the man who was just brought in”

The officers exchanged looks. “Sure, there is still some time before he is interrogated.” The officer grabbed some leys off his desk and signaled Hoseok to follow.

The entered the hallway where the cells were, they passed many cells and finally stopped at the last one. The officer tapped on the bar door.

“You have a visitor.” The officer faced Hoseok “You have five minutes.” Hoseok gave nodded. Hoseok watched until the officer was out of sight.

 “Why did you do it?” Hoseok slowly turned to the prisoner.

“I was framed.” Was all the man said. He had a deep raspy voice.

“Framed? All the evidence points you as the criminal.”

“I am a victim of the killer too; I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up getting framed.”

“It’s just you and me here you don’t have to lie.”

“I. WAS. FRAMED.”

Hoseok smiled at the man “No one is going to believe you. the evidence shows it’s you. Innocent or not you can never be let free.”

The man studied Hoseok “And who are you to decide that?”

Hoseok was about to speak.

“Sir, your five minutes are up!” Hoseok turned and saw the officer signaling him.

Hoseok turned to the prisoner once again and gave him a wide smile. “Goodbye”. He turned and walked towards the officer, the prisoner began to scream but Hoseok kept walking the man’s voice fading with each step.

 

-2 YEARS LATER –

 

“Excuse me, Mr. Kim, I need you to sign these project approval papers for me.”

“Bring them here Yoongi.” Taehyung’s secretary stepped into the office and handed him the papers.

“Oh, I almost forgot, your mother called again, she insists you have dinner with her and your father.”

Taehyung looked up.

“Did she say my brother was going?”

“No, she only said it would be her, you, and your father.”

Taehyung looked back down. “Tell her I am not going then. Tell her I am too busy with work.” 

“I will tell her once she calls again Mr. Kim.”

“Stop calling me Mr. Kim.”

“How many times do I have to tell you? what if someone is listening? They will know that we are friends and they will try to use me to their advantage. To the other workers, I am nothing more but your secretary.”

Taehyung laughed “You make it seems as if we are dating.”

Yoongi sighed “I just don’t want people to take advantage of the influence I have on you as your secretary and friend.”

Taehyung smiled “You are such a loyal friend.” He finished signing the papers and handed them back to Yoongi. “Yoongi can you get the car ready for me, I am having lunch with a friend.”

“Of course, but you must be back by 2, we have a meeting.”

“Alright secretary Min, I’ll be back by 2.”

Yoongi smiled, bowed and left the office.

Taehyung leaned back in his chair and stretched. He shut down his computer, picked up his phone and called Hoseok.

*What’s up Taetae? *

*Yooo Hobi, where do you want to meet up? *

*Let’s meet up at the restaurant by my apartment. *

*Alright I’ll see you their*

Taehyung pocketed his phone, grabbed his coat from the chair and headed for the car.

 

 

“How’s work coming along?” Hoseok sat in front of Taehyung drinking his Strawberry Lemonade.

“Same as usual.” Taehyung took a sip from his Pepsi.

“Soo… boring.”

“Yep boring. It would be a lot more boring if it weren’t for Yoongi.”

Hoseok smiled “It’s nice that you have a friend to keep you company.”

“Yeah. So, has anything new happened since the last time I saw you.”

Hoseok made a pout “No, my life is boring as usual.”

Taehyung laughed “Oh yeah my mother called again.”

Hoseok looked surprised “Again?”

“Yep, she is still trying.”

“Let me guess she wants to have dinner with you and your father.”

Taehyung nodded. “Same as always.”

Hoseok took a sip from his drink. “Have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter