Chapter 5

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohee's POV -

"I know this would help the environment but I honestly don't want to spend the whole day cleaning up the park. I'd rather spend the day resting......I'm a tired person Seohee......" Mirae told me over the phone. It was Friday night and Mirae still didn't budge in. She kept refusing to come to the event tomorrow. 

"Please!!!! Everyone is coming, but you! You should come! Pleaseeeeee!!" I begged.

"What's in it for me, huh?"

"Umm.....well who knows, there might be cute boys?" I said emphasizing 'boys'. 

"So? I can see them on a regular basis when I'm on campus....."

"Please, I don't want to be alone okay. I rather have my best friend with me while I try to help the boy I like to get close to another person." I honestly told her.

I heard her sigh over the phone, "Is that a yes?" I asked raising my brows. 

"Yeah yeah. I'll stop by your house early in the morning so we can go together." 

 

We all decided that it'd be best if the whole gang went together, so everyone came to our house early in the morning. Mirae was the first one to arrive. She was waiting on the couch with Jihoon. Mark and Herin arrived a few minutes later. Woojin was the last to come since he lived a bit far from my house. "Okay, everyone ready?" I asked. They all nodded their heads.

"Where are you guys going?" Jisung asked, coming downstairs all dressed up. 

"To the park, it's for an event," I told him. 

"Oh, I have to go too. My coach wanted the team to go so we can give back to the community," he said with the last part in air quotation marks. 

"Should we wait for you so you can come with us?" I asked

"No, you can go without me. We have a short practice session today, so we're going to go afterward."

We left the house and headed to the park. Woojin and I walked together while everyone else was ahead of us, "Are you okay?" I asked him. It seemed like he was a bit off today He just nodded his head, "I just hope everything goes well today," he told me. "It's not anything serious. You're just going to get to know him, talk to him. Don't worry about it."

There were a few people already in the park. Some students, teachers, and people from our neighborhood. "Oh, Seohee!" Jaehyun said waving to us. We all waved back and walk towards him. "I didn't expect you to bring these many people, this is great though!" he said showing us his signature smile. I just laughed. 

"Yeah, she told us about today and we decided to join her," Jihoon said. 

"To be honest she basically forced me to come today," Mirae said bluntly. Jaehyun just laughed, "I like your honesty".

"Oh well let me introduce to my friends. This is Jihoon, he's my step-brother, Mirae, Mark, Herin, and Woojin. He's in our science class in the mornings," I told him. 

"Oh yeah, I knew I recognized you from somewhere. I didn't know you were friends with Seohee," Jaehyun said.

"Yeah...." he said with a sheepish smile and rubbing the back of this head. 

We went over to where the other people were located. We helped set up the refreshments for the people helping out and unpacking some things that were needed for today's event. Despite not wanting to be here, Mirae looked like she was in a good mood, so I didn't feel as bad for dragging her here. 

"Crap, there's not enough potting soil bags...we need to buy some more," Jaehyun said to himself. 

"If you want I can go get some from the local flower shop?" Woojin suggested. We were close by and overheard Jaehyun.

"Yeah, we can go and get some. Are you sure you want to come?" Jaehyun asked. Woojin nodded his head, "Yeah, besides it'll be too heavy to carry all the bags on your own." 

"Okay. Let me just tell someone that we're going to get some soil." Jaehyun said. He called someone over, "Donghyun, I'm going to get some more soil with Woojin. If anything happens just call me," he said. This Donghyun boy nodded his head. Before Jaehyun was about to leave he turned back around. "Oh, this is Seohee, the girl I was talking about." He said pointing to me. I just waved and he waved back. 

The two of them left and I was left alone with Donghyun, "Hi, I'm Donghyun. I'm one of the other organizers of the event," he said. "I guess you already know my name," I responded with a laugh. 

I went to Mirae, who was over by the pots of flowers. "Need any help?" I asked while grabbing a pot of flower and placing it on the table. "Yeah, so where did Woojin go?" She asked. "He went to get some potting soil with Jaehyun," I responded. Mirae didn't say anything else, so we just worked in silence. 

"Hey, Seohee! Can you come over here and help with something? And your friend too," Donghyun said, walking towards us. "Yeah sure". We put the flowers down walked over to where Donghyun was leading us. "Sorry, I only called you over since I o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter