Chapter 39

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohee's POV -

It was the day after the dance. I was in my room all by myself since Seohyun was at Jisung's soccer game. I didn't want to do anything today, all I wanted to do was lay down. My head was hurting me since there were so many things running through my head. I had so many thoughts that they were being scrambled together. I didn't know what to think anymore. I was confused and it was stressing me out. I closed my eyes, trying to relax and soothe my headache but my phone suddenly rang.

I picked it up without looking at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Seohee, it's me Jaehyun....."

I sat up on my head and straightened myself out, "Oh, Jaehyun. What's up?" 

"Nothing much, are you busy today?" he asked me. I shook my head. "Oh, no! I just shook my head thinking you would see it..." I said laughing lightly. I heard him chuckle over the phone as well. "Great. Can you meet me at the park in 10 minutes?" he asked. "Sure, I'll see you then," I responded back as I hung up the phone. I got out of bed and changed into something before I heading towards the park. I left the house feeling anxious.  

Once I arrived I took out my phone to text him. As soon as I sent the text I heard him call out to me. I looked up and saw him coming from the opposite side. He was waving at me with a smile, which made my heart feel a bit at ease. I started walking towards him so that I could meet him halfway. "Hey...." he said coming in for a hug. I hugged him back and smiled. "So what did you want to do today?" I asked him. 

"Umm......we need to talk," he told me. That anxious feeling came back and my heart was feeling a bit heavy. I just nodded my head, waiting for him to start off. "I need you to be honest with me Seohee. I don't want you to lie to me because you're afraid that you'll hurt me........" he started off. I looked at him with a serious expression. I nodded my head once again, giving him my word. I think I knew where this was heading and I felt bad. My throat was drying up and a lump was forming. 

"Do you still like Woojin?" he asked me. 

I didn't know what was wrong with me, but my eyes were watering up. I was looking at him all this time but the moment he asked me that I couldn't face him. I looked at the ground and closed my eyes. Tears started falling down, so I covered my face with my hands. I didn't want to face Jaehyun now because I felt like a horrible person.

"Don't worry, don't cry......it's not your fault," he said bringing me closer for an embrace. I shook my head, "No.....it is......." I told him in between my sobs. He didn't say anything, he was just holding me as I was being a pathetic person. After a while, I calmed down a bit. He let go of me to see if I was okay. I wiped my eyes with my hands.

"It's okay......I won't be mad, trust me," he told me placing a hand on my shoulder. He was looking at me with a kind look. I couldn't understand how someone could be so calm in a situation like this. He looked at waiting for an answer. I sighed and slowly nodded my head. "I'm so sorry Jaehyun........"

He shook his head, "Don't be, it's not your fault. I knew you liked Woojin and I should've made sure that-" he started off.

"No! You didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault......." I told him. He smiled and laughed a bit. "I guess it's both of our faults......." he told me. I didn't say anything else. I felt horrible and I couldn't look at him. "Seohee......."

I couldn't look at him, so I shook my head. "Seohee, please look at me....." he said, calling out to me once again. I didn't want to look at him because I felt ashamed but it was wrong of me to ignore him. I slowly looked up at him and saw him staring at me. "Jaehyun......I do like you......." I started off. 

He nodded his head, "I know," he said chuckling. "I know you do. But probably not like how you like Woojin.........." he adde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter