Chapter 38

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV -

I decided to spoil myself a bit by buying a book that I really wanted for a long time. I stopped by the bookshop that I often visited. "I heard this one is really good!" the cash register said as she was scanning the price. As I was getting out my wallet out the bookshop owner came over, "This one's on us Seohyun."

"No, no. I can't let you do that Mr. Shim!" I told the owner as I took the money out my wallet. Mr. Shim just laughed and handed me the book as he lightly shoved my money away, "It's fine. You're one of our loyal customers who has helped around the place a lot. This one is on us!"

I knew there was no point in arguing with him since he was a stubborn man so I nodded my head and smiled, "Thank You!" 

I left the store and was on my way home when someone called my name. "Seohyun!" they called out again. I turned around to see who it was. "Jeno?" 

I stopped walking so that he could catch up to me. "Seohyun," he said once again panting. "Jeno......" I said once again. I was shocked to see him in front of me, let alone talking to me. "It's been a while..." he said rubbing the back of his neck and showing me his signature eye smile. I nodded my head in agreement. "Jeno, I'm so sorry......." I started off. He shook his head in response, "Don't be. I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone. I'm not mad at you......I just want us to put that aside........" he told me. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Friends?" he said leading out his hand for a handshake. I grabbed his hand, shaking  it, "Friends!" 

Jeno decided to walk me home since it was on the way to his house. "So, have you spoken to Jaemin?" he asked. I looked at him and shook my head. "Why?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know...... I don't think I can face him really......." 

"Try to speak to him," Jeno told me. I gave him an unsure expression, "I don't know........". Before he could say anything else we made it to the front of my house and I cut him off with a goodbye. "It was nice seeing you again! I'll see you around," I told him as I was waving goodbye and walking up to my door. He let out a little laugh and waved back to me. As soon I came home I went straight to my room. Seoah was in my room helping Seohee with her makeup. 

"Today's the dance, right?" I asked her. Seoah nodded her head for Seohee since she wasn't allowed to move one bit. While Seoah was busy helping Seohee I decided to sit down on my bed and read the book that I just got. 

 

It's been about a few hours since Seohee left the house. I was still in my room reading my book when Seoah started calling me. "Seohyun!!! Come down here for a moment!!!" I sighed and put my book down before I left my room. As I was walking down the stairs I noticed two pairs of shoes by the door. "In the kitchen!" she said.

I walked over to the kitchen and found her with Jisung, Jeno, and Jaemin. I raised my brows in surprise. I didn't expect the two to be here. "Seoah is trying to order pizza and we need a tiebreaker, veggie pizza or meat pizza?" Jisung told me. I looked at them for a brief moment. Jisung, Seoah, and Jeno had a cheeky smile on their face while Jaemin looked just as shocked as I was. He looked away as soon as our eyes met. 

"Umm....why don't we do half and half?" I suggested. Jeno nodded his head, "Sounds good to me."

"Yup sounds great to me too, I'll go ahead and order," Seoah said grabbing her phone. I turned around and was about to walk back upstairs when Seoah stopped me, "Why don't you stay own here with us?" 

I sighed and turned back around. I walked over to the sofa since I knew my sister would make me stay no matter what. The boys also sat down with me on the sofa. Jisung turned the TV on and was setting up one of his video games. "Seohyun, can you go to the basement and get a bottle of soda from the fridge down there?" Seoah asked. I nodded my head and got up walking towards the basement door. 

"Jaemin, why don't you go with her!" Jeno suddenly said. I looked over at the boys and then to my sister. She saw the look on my face and let out a sinister smile, "Sounds great to me! Jaemin do you mind?" she asked him. He shook his head and walked over to me. I opened the door and went door the stairs and he followed. 

I walked over to the fridge with him behind me. "I'll hold the bottle...." he said breaking the silence between us. I just nodded my head as I grabbed the bottle from the fridge and handed it over to him. As soon as I closed the fridge door I heard the basement door close. Jaemin and I looked at each other in shock. I ran up the stairs to see if they actually locked us both down here. I twisted the doorknob and it wouldn't open the door. "Unlock the door!" I said banging on the door. 

"Not until you guys fix the problem between the two of you!" Jisung said on the other side. "Seoah!!!" I exclaimed. "Jisung's right!" she responded back. I shook my head and sighed as I went back down the stairs. 

"They won't open it?" Jaemin asked. I shook my head in response, "No.......". I sat down at the bottom of the stairs as he sat down on a chair laying around.

 

We didn't say anything to each other. We just sat down in silence. I took my phone out my pocket to see what time it was. Based on the time we were down here for about 10 minutes passed by and it didn't seem like they were going to open it anytime soon. "Seohyun......." Jaemin called out. I looked up at him. He wasn't sitting down anymore, instead, he was standing up. "I'm sorry for ignoring you........" he started off. 

I shook my head, "No! I'm sorry........." I said getting up from the bottom step. "For what exactly? You didn't do anything wrong to me........" he said.

"I......"

"Look, it was wrong of me to act cold towards you. I was fighting with Jeno at the time, not you. I guess I was hurt when he said you wanted me to leave you alone. I shouldn't have been quick to jump to conclusion and be mad at you....." he told me. 

I shook my head, "That's understandable though.......it was wrong of me to avoid you as well. Instead of taking charge and trying to fix the matter I did nothing at all......."

"I wanted to clear the tension between the two of us, and make things better between us," he started off. I nodded my head in agreement since I wanted the same. "But I don't know if that can happen..........."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked a bit shock. My heart was beating faster than usual. I was getting anxious about what he just said.  "Jeno told me that you like me."

I was relieved that it wasn't something bad, but I also felt my cheeks burn up due to the embarrassment. "I'm upset that I heard it from him and not you Han Seohyun....." he said with a serious face. I looked at him not knowing what to say. His face changed instantly after looking at mines and he was now smiling and laughing.

"What!? Why are you laughing?" I asked him. 

"It's cute seeing you nervous," he told me as he pinched my cheek. I shook my head and playfully scoffed.

"To be fair, I'll let Jeno tell you how I feel tomorrow before our game starts," Jaemin said walking closer to me. "Now let's tell them to open the door," he said grabbing my hand as we walked back up the stairs. 

 

 

- Han Seohee's POV -

For the dance today I decided to wear a knee-length red lace dress. I didn't want to go all out but still wanted to look semi-fancy for the dance today. I allowed Seoah help me with my makeup for the dance since she insisted and since she was really good with makeup. I trusted her intuition and allowed her to have total control over my face. "Trust me, you're going to be the prettiest girl at the dance tonight!" she said as she was applying some lipstick on. I just nodded my head a bit and laughed since I couldn't speak at the moment. 

"And....I'm done! Want to see yourself?" 

She went out the way so I could view myself in the mirror in front of me. "Oh, my......I look amazing!" I said in response to looking at my own face. Seoah grinned and nodded her head in satisfaction, "Oh, come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter