Chapter 24

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV -

Today was the day. I was going to the amusement park with Jeno, Jisung, and the rest of their friends. I was invited to go way before I started dating Jeno, but once we became a thing is was inevitable that I was bound to go. This was the first official thing Jeno and I would do as a couple. Of course, it would be awkward for me since the rest of his friends would be there, one of them being my younger brother, which makes it a bit weird for both of us. 

I decided to go with a casual outfit, a pair of jeans and a hoodie since it was a bit cold out. I went downstairs waiting for Jisung and Seoah to come. Seoah offered to drive us to the amusement park, so all of his friends would meet up at our house before we left. 

"Are you excited?" Seoah asked me as she sat beside me on the sofa. I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders. 

"What's with the shrug?" she asked.

"I'm excited, but a bit nervous....." I replied honestly. Since yesterday I had butterflies in my stomach and I couldn't stop pacing around. I was nervous for today. 

"It's okay to be nervous. I was nervous too when I went on my first date with Johnny. After a while, everything will be okay." 

One by one, Jisung's friends started coming over. Jaemin and Jeno came together. "Who else are we waiting for?" Seoah asked. 

"Just Seonho," Jisung replied.

While we were waiting for Seonho to come I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. I grabbed a glass to wash when someone appeared next to me. "Are you excited for today?" Jeno asked me. He was standing next to me, leaning against the counter. I nodded my head, "But also a little nervous....." 

"Don't be nervous, today will be lots of fun," he told me. I smiled and nodded my head. "Hey, you two! What are you doing in the kitchen, I need to guys to be in an area where I can keep my eyes on you!!" Seoah yelled from the living room. The boys were laughing while Jeno rubbed the back of his neck. I could feel my face burn up. We left the kitchen and came back to the living room. I avoided any eye contact with anyone and Seoah just laughed. 

Once Seonho arrived we left right away. The boys were hyped up and ready to go. It was about a 30-minute drive. I was in the backseat with Jeno and Jaemin. Jeno offered to sit in the middle, so I was by the window. While the boys were chatting away I just stared at the window. It's been a while since I actually took the time to admire nature or just the took the time to look outside without being distracted by some sort of technology. 

I heard a buzzing noise from my phone, which took my attention away from staring outside. I took a look at my phone to see who it was. It was my friends typing away in our group chat.

Haechan: Good luck today!

Renjun: Hopefully everything goes well :D

Me (Seohyun): Thanks :)

Daehwi: Make sure to tell us everything later tho ;)

Chenle: Yes!!! Good luck and tell us how it all goes :D

Me (Seohyun): Okay lol

I put my phone away and stared back out at the window for the rest of the car ride. Once we arrived at the park the boys got out one by one. I was one of the last ones to go out since I was seated at the back. Jaemin left the car and Jeno was about to leave right after but Seoah suddenly called out to him. "Make sure nothing bad happens to her," she told him. He smiled and nodded his head, but I couldn't help but let out a playful scoff. "It's not like we're going out to war,"  I told her. 

Jeno got out the car and he held out his hand. I grabbed it and got out as well. "I'll be back to pick you guys up in a few hours, okay," Seoah told us. Once she left we started walking around. I was walking beside Jeno, while everyone else was in front of us. 

"What do you want to do first?" he asked me. I looked at him and thought for a moment. To be honest, I'm not the type to go on extravagant or wild rides. 

"I'm not sure....." I responded back. 

"Just tell me if anything interests you," he told me. I nodded my head and we continued to follow the boys ahead. While scanning the park something finally caught the boys attention. They started getting excited and gathered around. "We need to try this!" Guanlin said pointing at a roller coaster. It was pretty high filled with a bunch of loops. And on top of that, your legs would dangle out while riding it.

"Woah! It looks like fun!" Seonho exclaimed.

"Do you want to ride it?" Jeno asked. I looked at it once again. I didn't even need to think for a second since I already made up my mind. I shook my head, "But you can still ride it!" I told. It looked like he really wanted to ride it and I didn't want to be the reason why he couldn't.

"Are you sure you don't want to ride it?" he asked again. I nodded my head, "Yeah. I'm not a big fan of roller coasters, to be honest......"

"Oh......"

"Yeah......I'm sorry......." I told him. I felt bad. I didn't want him to refrain himself going on rides because of me.

"Don't be silly, there's nothing to be sorry for. There are many other rides we can go on that aren't roller coasters," he responded back placing his hand on my shoulder. I nodded my head, "You should still go on this one. I'll wait down here."

"But you'll be all by yourself....." he started off but stopped halfway since his attention went towards the other boys. "Ah! Jaemin isn't going on the ride. You can wait here with him," he said calling Jaemin over. 

"You're not riding the ride, right?" Jeno asked him. Jaemin just nodded his head. "Great, Seohyun's not riding it either. You two can wait together," Jeno told him. Jaemin nodded his head again and gave us a thumbs up, "Sounds good to me." he replied. The boys went in line for the ride, while Jaemin and I sat down on a nearby bench. Since the line wasn't as long the got on pretty quick. 

"Don't like roller coasters?" Jaemin asked me. I nodded my head, "What about you?" 

"I do, but I injured my knee and don't want to risk getting on a ride where my legs are dangling while up in the air," he responded back. 

"How did you injure your knee?" 

"During soccer practice. I didn't warm up properly...." he responded with a sheepish laugh.

"Please be careful next time. I don't want you getting hurt," I told him. He just looked at me for a moment and smiled, "I'll make sure to not get hurt next time." 

Once the ride was over they came out. The boys were riled up and excited. "We should go on that one next," Jisung said pointing at another one. Seonho and Guanlin nodded their head in agreement while Jeno looked at me. "Go," I told him motioning him to go. "Yeah, go. I'll wait with her," Jaemin told him. 

Jeno nodded his head, "Alright. I'm trusting you to protect her." 

Jaemin laughed, "Don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter