Chapter 19

Another Cliché Story [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV -

"Seohyun, can you get the door?" Jihoon asked me from upstairs. I was in the kitchen getting something to eat when the doorbell rang. I walked over to open the door. "Hi Seohyun," Mirae said. She was with Mark and Herin and they had a lot of stuff with them. I opened the door wider so that they could come in. Today was December 2 and it was Seohee's birthday. She was finally turning 18, so her friends wanted to through her a surprise party. It was Mirae who thought of the idea and intensively planned everything out. 

"She's not home right?" Herin asked.

"Yup, she's out with my older sister and mom. They went downtown for something and should be back around 5," I responded back. 

Jihoon came downstairs with a towel around his shoulders. He greeted his friends and motioned them to sit. "Where's Woojin?" he asked them. 

"He's out shopping with Jaehyun. Jaehyun called him so that he could help him buy a gift for Seohee," Mark responded. Jihoon nodded his head and got up. "Okay, we have a good five hours to prepare. I'll decorate the house with Mark, while you two start preparing the dish you wanted to cook," Jihoon told the girls. They nodded their heads and went straight to the kitchen. 

"What do you want me to do?" I asked Jihoon. 

"You could help decorate with us for now. When Jisung comes back from practice you two could go and get her cake, okay?" 

"Sounds like a plan," I told him as I nodded my head. I started vacuuming the house while Mark and Jihoon were taking the decorations out the bag. They had a happy birthday banner and streamers, along with balloons that we needed to blow out. Once I was done vacuuming I helped them hang the streamers around the house. 

In the kitchen, Mirae and Herin were cooking some of Seohee's favorite dishes. They were cooking some traditional food along with some fusion dishes. "Wow, that smells amazing!" I told them. 

"Thanks, we want to make sure everything tastes amazing!" Mirae responded back. 

 

It was around three and Jisung finally came back home from practice. "For lunch, I'll order some pizza. Jisung, you take a shower first. Once you're done showering and eating you and Seohyun are going to fetch Seohee's cake," Jihoon told Jisung. Jisung just nodded his head and went straight upstairs. Jihoon ordered two boxes of pizza while everyone was relaxing in the living room as we took a break.

The pizza finally came but we decided to wait for Jisung first. "What did you get Seohee?" Mark asked Jihoon.

"I got her this body mists set that she's been obsessing over," he responded back. While waiting for Jisung they were talking about the gifts that they bought for Seohee. After some time Jisung finally came down and we started eating lunch. 

"What kind of cake did you order?" Jisung asked. 

"Red velvet since it's her favorite type of cake," Jihoon responded. 

After eating Jisung and I headed out to the bakery to pick up her cake. When we arrived we were told that they were working on the last details and that we had to wait 10 minutes. We decided to sit outside at one of the tables since it was too stuffy inside the bakery. 

"Do you have wrapping paper?" Jisung asked me out of the blue. I nodded my head, "Why, you need to wrap her gift?" I asked him. He nodded his head in response. "Can you help me wrap it though, my wrapping ........."

I laughed for a moment and nodded my head, "Sure......"

"Yo! Jisung!" someone called out to him. We looked across the street and saw Jaemin and Jeno. They crossed the street to meet up with us. Jisung got up and did their little handshake and sat down with us in the empty seats. "Hey Seohyun," Jeno said. I didn't say anything, just simply waved hello to them.

"What are you guys doing?" Jaemin asked. 

"We're picking up a cake for our sister since it's her birthday," I responded. 

"What about you two, you guys on a little date?" Jisung said in a teasing voice. Jeno just scoffed, "Over my dead body. I'm not into dudes, sorry bro," he responded back while lowkey dissing Jisung. Jaemin and I laughed at Jeno remark and Jisung just rolled his eyes. Jisung got a message on his phone. "The cake is ready. I'll go get it okay," he told me as he got up. I just nodded my head and let him go in by himself. I was left alone with Jeno and Jaemin. I didn't know what to do since there was an awkward silence. My heart was beating like crazy and it seemed like it would just explode at any moment. 

"You look really cute today," Jaemin suddenly spoke out. I could feel my heartbeat increase. I didn't know what to say so I just shook my head. "No, he's right. You look really nice today," Jeno said. I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Uh...thanks. Since it's my sister's birthday today I wanted to look nice," I told them rubbing the back of my neck. 

They just smiled and nodded their heads. "Hey, do you have any plans for the winter break

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter